Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump (36982 Views)

Pictures Of Destructions Made In Kyiv As Russia Invade Ukraine's Capital / Why Putin Is Invading Ukraine? (The Cable) / Russia Set To Invade Ukraine At 1AM With Massive Missile Blitz & 200,000 Troops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by SunMusk(m): 2:39pm On Mar 21, 2022
Yes is not CNN but Mnsbc,worse than cnn. stop to the conclude. Trump threat to withdraw from Nato because thy re not paying their fair share. He always put dat in his interview. John Bolton the warmonger is been celebrated by the media, the man dat resigned because Trump refused to strike Iran because thy hit US drone. Guys dat is the simple reason he resign from Trump government.since then he went saying shit..... Dat man wants war. John Bolton is the one dat advice Bush. A man dat say The US is fulfilling prophecy when Bush strikes Iraq. Bcs he has something on trump is love by the media....
God1000:
see this one, this article isn't from CNN you schmuck, Donald trump former national security adviser wrote it.

Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by MichaelUweh(m): 2:41pm On Mar 21, 2022
Donald Trump doesn't take shiiiit from any fucking nigga.....
Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by uunwanaobong3: 2:43pm On Mar 21, 2022
Who is seeking opinion of this old fool?

According to CNN

Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by frankson1(m): 2:44pm On Mar 21, 2022
michlins:
To think that some people who haven't seen or had close encounter with Trump will argue with a former NSA is comical but it is internet where everyone is a political expert

My brother, this one really weak me lipsrsealed

They all know the thoughts of Trump.
Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by WhizdomXX(m): 2:45pm On Mar 21, 2022
thesicilian:
I don't agree though. Trump was a strong leader, and strong leaders may not fear themselves, but they tend to respect one another. There's no way Putin would have invaded Ukraine when no one could predict how trump would react. By now Trump might have sent warplanes and special forces not to assist Ukraine, but to attack Russia directly.
Everyone knows biden is a weakling who wouldn't be able to react even if someone killed his dog and stole his car.
Say it again!!

1 Like

Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by gambojimeta: 2:46pm On Mar 21, 2022
Nigerian Trump arse leakers typing from their 7 by 6 face me I slap you know more than a whole American National Security Adviser. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by frankson1(m): 2:48pm On Mar 21, 2022
justli:
Nobody, I repeat, nobody did more to weaken Russia than Donald Trump. He repeatedly warned Germany to seize from contracting Europe's gas supply to Russia, but at the time everyone called him clown.

NATO is a very dirty organization, hence, Trump's disdain for them and the same reason he hates EU.
Trump is an upright man and the powers that holds sway in Europe and America hates him for that

Could you please make the bolded clear.

Thanks.
Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by Rolexjerry(m): 2:51pm On Mar 21, 2022
thesicilian:
I don't agree though. Trump was a strong leader, and strong leaders may not fear themselves, but they tend to respect one another. There's no way Putin would have invaded Ukraine when no one could predict how trump would react. By now Trump might have sent warplanes and special forces not to assist Ukraine, but to attack Russia directly.
Everyone knows biden is a weakling who wouldn't be able to react even if someone killed his dog and stole his car.
Don't type like a child. Do you know that the US attacking Russia would lead to full-blown war? A war between the communists and the west would likely wipe off the entire earth population because it'd definitely be nuclear.
Everyone dies.
Is that a risk the U.S is willing to take?
I don't think so.

1 Like

Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by gambojimeta: 2:51pm On Mar 21, 2022
BobbieZion:
Biden is a vegetable like what we have in Naija.

Trump is cocky,brave and unpredictable....Those are qualities of a firm leader.

But the Democrats, Muslims,racist blacks,LGBT's and atheists think otherwise.

They called Trump all sort of names from an Islamophobist to a racist to a mysogynist.... all in an effort to blackmail him.
Don't forget Syria and Lybia under Obama.
I am a conservative,I believe in Republicans.

Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by frankson1(m): 2:51pm On Mar 21, 2022
ThierryJay:

That's the funny thing I've noted. I noticed a lot of South easterners and Islamists are now on the same side of supporting Russia against the US because of the common enemy factor (Biden & USA).

Funny thing is that both sides are pretending not to notice this alignment grin

Oh! I never knew this was about SUPPORTING for a lot of you.
Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by gambojimeta: 2:57pm On Mar 21, 2022
ThierryJay:

That's the funny thing I've noted. I noticed a lot of South easterners and Islamists are now on the same side of supporting Russia against the US because of the common enemy factor (Biden & USA).

Funny thing is that both sides are pretending not to notice this alignment grin
I noticed that too. grin

I never thought this unholy union could happen in this era but here we are. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by CrestMan: 2:58pm On Mar 21, 2022
To understand this war better, find out those who perpetrated the covid fraud/PLANdemic (both individuals and media), who they are behind/supporting? With your honest answer, you will understand more about this war rather than just applying emotions and sentiments!

#shallom
Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by olas24u(f): 3:09pm On Mar 21, 2022
HardMirror:
of cause it affects us. Why should I support putin, that is the question
Because he does not in anyway have much to do with Africans ,because afrixans have been made to see russians as enemies and no go area.The aja okuta steel complex was built by them and was never allowed to function by westerners who have agents amongst us.We are not able to produce steel which is a mjor component in the industralization process of a country.Have you heard of nigaz xit was a partnership between russia and nigeria ,it was never allowed to come to fruition.Nigeria is a playground of the west and they can do what they like with it.
Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by gambojimeta: 3:10pm On Mar 21, 2022
CrestMan:
To understand this war better, find out those who perpetrated the covid fraud/PLANdemic (both individuals and media), who they are behind/supporting? With your honest answer, you will understand more about this war rather than just applying emotions and sentiments!

#shallom
You mean the Chinese fraud and plandemic. Check the dates mate March, 2022

grin

Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by kunkelhanspeter(m): 3:10pm On Mar 21, 2022
thesicilian:
Did you even read the article well?
Trump can’t attack Russia because they put him there if you remember he threatened to push out from NATO which is in line with Russia plans so why do you think he will attack Russia?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by kunkelhanspeter(m): 3:13pm On Mar 21, 2022
Kingpin1000:
Trump was an Unpredictable volatile man.
You all saw what He did to Iran.. the world started shouting, Trump shouldn't start a world war.
Putin wouldn't have invaded ,had Trump been President. We act like we have short term memory.
We all know Trump was like a Mad dog and as a rival, you cannot predict what He can do,but you will always know what He is capable of doing.

The former argument is so plainly ridiculous, it’s surprising Republicans would even peddle it. Trump spent four years going to almost comical lengths to make Putin happy, to the point that the then-American president’s own director of national intelligence later admitted he feared Trump had been compromised by the Kremlin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by chachazzy(m): 3:13pm On Mar 21, 2022
thesicilian:

Hahahahahaha
Bro you are very funny oo. Lol
You think Russia is Libya, Iraq, Kosovo or other lesser countries?
Hmmm
Attack Russia directly... Ok.
Smh

2 Likes

Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by gambojimeta: 3:19pm On Mar 21, 2022
kunkelhanspeter:

The former argument is so plainly ridiculous, it’s surprising Republicans would even peddle it. Trump spent four years going to almost comical lengths to make Putin happy, to the point that the then-American president’s own director of national intelligence later admitted he feared Trump had been compromised by the Kremlin.
Even Trump supporters in the US know that Trump is pro-putin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by gambojimeta: 3:24pm On Mar 21, 2022
McCain, one of the biggest republican/conservative politician the US ever had.

Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by frog12: 3:39pm On Mar 21, 2022
this man dey talk things we know understand. i still no understand.
Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by sammhi(m): 3:45pm On Mar 21, 2022
Titogbanski:

Trump set foot on North Korea so what? Does it make North Korea stop nuclear testing?

You say America did not invade anybody under Trump so why are you supporting Putin for invading Ukraine?

Trump and PMB resemble that is why they operated in the same wavelength.

Putting blacks in key position in an America that has been racially charged by Trump is a great courageous decision and only a bold leader could do that and not a racist supremacist like Trump.

Biden also took the courageous decision to cancel the evil ban on Nigeria from the immigrant visa scheme that separated many Nigeria families.

The problem we have in the air waves is not those who supported Biden or democrats in the last U.S elections because they never make the inciting post of comparison. It is the die hard Trumpist that never miss any occasion to tell that if it was them this or that world have happened or would never have happened. Ona propaganda for Trump even for Naija here strong pass APC own.

If Trump really get courage and heart e for do something very simple...he for refuse to leave power. Then we go know if America na im get Trump abi na Trump get America. Biden wey ona say he weak na im drive am commot!!

Make ona go hide jare

Brave leaders take brave decisions against stereotypes and biases. The leaders who championed change and a new way of doing things are courageous than those who want to take us back to the status quo.

Do you support Israel. If you do then you would know what Obama did for them. But we cannot see because of tunnel vision

Guess you don't know definition of brave. I don't support Putin invasion of Ukraine and no where did I insinuate that . We are not discussing That , are we ?
Anyway , To you Biden is a better president because he appointed a black woman to a position and has a lax visa policy. Really ? See how you define leadership based solely on your own benefit. So what about Indians, Japanese , Asains , Mexicans ..how many are appointed to position ?
I asked you a question: Putin annexed Crimea during Obama era and the US did nothing . Was that Trump fault too ?
Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by HardMirror(m): 4:08pm On Mar 21, 2022
olas24u:

Because he does not in anyway have much to do with Africans ,because afrixans have been made to see russians as enemies and no go area.The aja okuta steel complex was built by them and was never allowed to function by westerners who have agents amongst us.We are not able to produce steel which is a mjor component in the industralization process of a country.Have you heard of nigaz xit was a partnership between russia and nigeria ,it was never allowed to come to fruition.Nigeria is a playground of the west and they can do what they like with it.
for real. Africans have been made to see russians as enemies? This is hilarious... please spare me this nonsense. I dont see russia as an enemy and I dont know anyone who does. What people are against is the war not Russia.
Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by God1000(m): 4:18pm On Mar 21, 2022
Titogbanski:

Under Trump America lost its influence and respect all over the world. They became a laughing stock of others. Putin had no reason to attack Ukraine with Donald Trump in power because Trump was already doing their bidding. In fact when Biden won it took Russia a long time to offer congratulations as they were hoping that all these fake allegation of election theft would sail through.

Presently Biden has been able to rally the world in a manner that Trump would never had done in a lifetime. Almost every western country and business enterprise putting up sanctions even without any prodding. 141 countries condemned attack and China is being warned to stay clear of face the same music. America is sending a message to totalitarian state including China.

No play with old man. He fit flog you without saying a word. Biden is flogging Putin seriously in all front. Even now it is Putin calling for direct discussions with the U.S whilst Biden is holding him aloof.

you are a rare gem, some nigerians are so gullible and naive.

The unprecedented damage Donald trump singlehandedly inflicted on US will take them years to recover, he orchestrated insurrection in the capitol that led to the death of many innocent people, he became the first president to be impeached twice
Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by leofab(f): 4:23pm On Mar 21, 2022
God1000:
This is simply the home and uncomfortable truth why Putin showed restraint during trump administration, any other explanation is risible.

Some delusional and misquided Nigerians still believe otherwise though.

The current crop of republicans in America are very unpatriotic

Donald trump is a cad, blacksheep and blackguard who made America a mockery and laughingstock, Nigerians praising him are clowns

Donald trump orchestrated insurrection in the capitol during the joint session of the Congress which led to the death of many innocent people, he became the first US president to be impeached twice due to his several misdemeanors
trump was even threatening UK with sanctions.

1 Like

Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by God1000(m): 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2022
leofab:
trump was even threatening UK with sanctions.
the man really damaged US image globally, that's what Joe biden is trying to rebuild now
Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by olas24u(f): 4:39pm On Mar 21, 2022
HardMirror:
for real. Africans have been made to see russians as enemies? This is hilarious... please spare me this nonsense. I dont see russia as an enemy and I dont know anyone who does. What people are against is the war not Russia.
Yes during the soviet era ,there was a fight between communist ideas and capitalist ideas.Russia tried to get close and created friendship university.The university was later named patrice lubumba university after the assassinatoon of patrice lubumba of congo.Go and ask people,seems you were born in 2000,s
Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by God1000(m): 4:44pm On Mar 21, 2022
myk2mic:
He made some points in the article, but I ask everyone saying if trump was president Putin wouldn't have invaded Ukraine, what did trump do when Saudi Arabia sent some men to go kill the journalist who spoke against the king or prince and killed him inside the Saudi embassy in turkey, he neither imposed sanctions against the Saudis or did anything tough, just his usual silly talk. I fear that what Putin has done would cause china to one day invade Taiwan, and if that happens nothing america would do regardless of who is in president.
don't mind them, Donald trump even refused to release the classified information incriminating the Saudi crown prince, it was Joe biden that later released it to the public
Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by God1000(m): 4:47pm On Mar 21, 2022
Titogbanski:

Trump set foot on North Korea so what? Does it make North Korea stop nuclear testing?

You say America did not invade anybody under Trump so why are you supporting Putin for invading Ukraine?

Trump and PMB resemble that is why they operated in the same wavelength.

Putting blacks in key position in an America that has been racially charged by Trump is a great courageous decision and only a bold leader could do that and not a racist supremacist like Trump.

Biden also took the courageous decision to cancel the evil ban on Nigeria from the immigrant visa scheme that separated many Nigeria families.

The problem we have in the air waves is not those who supported Biden or democrats in the last U.S elections because they never make the inciting post of comparison. It is the die hard Trumpist that never miss any occasion to tell that if it was them this or that world have happened or would never have happened. Ona propaganda for Trump even for Naija here strong pass APC own.

If Trump really get courage and heart e for do something very simple...he for refuse to leave power. Then we go know if America na im get Trump abi na Trump get America. Biden wey ona say he weak na im drive am commot!!

Make ona go hide jare

Brave leaders take brave decisions against stereotypes and biases. The leaders who championed change and a new way of doing things are courageous than those who want to take us back to the status quo.

Do you support Israel. If you do then you would know what Obama did for them. But we cannot see because of tunnel vision

well said
Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by God1000(m): 4:47pm On Mar 21, 2022
Titogbanski:

Did u read the text at all?? It is the Trump and his cult of fundamentalist Republicans accusing people of cowardice despite their being out of power and saying that if it were them no attack would have happened. Trump was cowed by Putin and Kim of North Korea. He was really awed by dictators and wish to be one of them. Unfortunately he was in America that does not tolerate such tyrannical or totalitarian system.

If Trump was so courageous and powerful he should have even done something simpler than attacking Russia. He should have refused to handover to the so called Biden he and his supporters are calling a weakling.

If Trump get heart e for refuse to handover, den you for see who really get heart.......you unrelenting Trumpist should go and sleep jare
I couldn't agree more, this is the whole truth
Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by God1000(m): 4:48pm On Mar 21, 2022
Titogbanski:

Trump threat is what Russia liked. In short by now just as Bolton said American would have pulled out of NATO if Trump was still in power
exactly
Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by olas24u(f): 4:48pm On Mar 21, 2022
HardMirror:
of cause it affects us. Why should I support putin, that is the question

Does guys liberated french african countries that have been under the knife of the french since independence,CAR central african republic,Mali,and Bukina fasso wajts russians to come.So why have the world looked the other way?they still pay colonial taxes and use a french back currency called CFA, the suffer coups every time ,when the leaders try to do things to better their country.You didnot see that,is that fair.
Re: Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump by God1000(m): 4:50pm On Mar 21, 2022
Titogbanski:

Tell one good thing Trump has done that warrants this passionate support from you. Is is the blocking of Nigerians from immigrant visa?

Biden appointed or named blacks as VP, Secretary of Defense, Permanent representative to the U.N and just now nominated a black woman as Supreme Court Judge. When people take risks and make decisions that are novel and courageous we start turning analysis up side down. This is how we said that Jonathan is weak despite using his office and power to give us good quality of life and voted in a strongman who has crippled the system..
biden administration is an all inclusive government, I really commend him for that.
Even the incidents of police brutality against black people is very rare now compared to trump era

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Donald Trump Bombarded With Insults By Twitter Followers (Pics) / Inside Russia's Gigantic Vostochny Spaceport Under Construction (Pics, Video) / The Richest World Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.