Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,204 members, 7,815,191 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies (33272 Views)

South-East Governors Shun Soludo As Anambra Hosts Regional Conference / Teachers Recruitment: Soludo Orders Fresh CBT Test For All Applicants / BREAKING!!! Nnamdi Kanu Orders Attack On Buhari In Japan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 21, 2022
Time to get to work, Soludo is put to the test, Onitsha is not like the cool CBN towers in Abuja where people worshipped him as CBN governor.
May he not receive slaps from touts.
Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by georgeakins: 8:33am On Mar 21, 2022
sucreblazing:
So agbero dey igbo land I think say na only South West ooo

The Agberos in Onitsha alone are more than the ones in the whole of Ondo state.

They can only come online to lie because they know nobody visits their region except the indigenes of the region

3 Likes

Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by cl0r0x: 8:37am On Mar 21, 2022
Owo booking

Owo chairman

Owo Ile

Owo boys
Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by gift01: 8:54am On Mar 21, 2022
sucreblazing:
So agbero dey igbo land I think say na only South West ooo
Their own worse pass that of SW. You dare not show physical cash for bare hand when around their park. Dem go so bully you to drop something. Learnt a bad way

3 Likes

Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by just2endowed: 9:00am On Mar 21, 2022
Cantonese:

Sadly, No.

We have been told that the agbero business generates over N123 billion into the account of Lagos state. The powers that be have chosen agbero money over the convenience of the citizens.

That was one of the plans of Gov Ambode to introduce buses that would make Lagos look like a mega city, but the ogas rejected him and that plan was abandoned.

The solution simply lies in Ambode’s idea. Government spends the billions to buy buses and hands them over to a private operator, abi? Ambode wanted the yellow colored bus owners to form partnerships, pull their resources together, use their buses as seeds to get modern buses from the state to operate in a more decent manner. This way fares would be harmonized, the roads would be cleaner, the environment would be cleaner, the citizens would have better experiences and NURTW, Lagos would be more responsible.

Point of correction.... Agbero doesn't generate any kobo to Lagos state revenue but Over 120 billion naira are money agbero generate for themselves and cronies shared among their chairman and national chairman and yet, the infrastructure( roads and bus stops) these cursed tout used in making the money is from our tax payers money.

If anyone has prove of any kobo remitted to Lagos state should state it.
Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by DarkJeddi(m): 9:01am On Mar 21, 2022
Amotekun777:
Bloody Savage Cannibals! angry
Yeah?
MC Oluomo taught them well. sad
Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by colestephan86: 9:02am On Mar 21, 2022
Dashlish12:
. Please are u a trucker?
Yes I own a truck 15 tonn
Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by GreaterFuture(m): 9:03am On Mar 21, 2022
gwafaeziokwu:
grin

These guys don't know Charlie Nwamgbafor. Them go collect soon.
You talk like he is some sort of dangerously calculating kingpin,
With some secret Elite squad army kept somewhere
What will nwamgbafor do??
Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by GreaterFuture(m): 9:06am On Mar 21, 2022
dfrost:

No politician is a saint. But if you have anyone working in CBN during the period Soludo took over the reins, my brother, you will understand Soludo.

Just ask around.
Understand him how?? ??
Did you work there?
Cos I don't understand the point you are driving at..
Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by TheGift: 9:11am On Mar 21, 2022
Touting is a crime in virtually every clime, whether or not the tout has a worthwhile alternative to earn His dime.

The able bodied boys and men , selling stuff in traffic, laboring on construction sites or pushing wheel barrows in the market, might as well have become yours. But they chose not to.
Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by TheGift: 9:13am On Mar 21, 2022
wwwihy:
So "Owo mi da" is dangerously existing over there ?

Soludo first mistake as Governor. He is putting the cart before the horse . He needs to find something for these guys to do first, but this is very difficult considering the nature of cash flows this type of touting brings... alternatively convert them to government revenue agents based on sharing formula or commission on their daily collections through once off payment issuance of daily cards patterned after what Oshiomhole did in Edo, then gradually phase them out .

Touting is a crime in virtually every clime, whether or not the tout has a worthwhile alternative to earn His dime. Putting the cart before the horse, is allowing crime to continue because there is no apparent and legit alternative.

The able bodied boys and men , selling stuff in traffic, laboring on construction sites or pushing wheel barrows in the market, might as well have become touts. But they chose not to.

1 Like

Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by Meteng: 9:14am On Mar 21, 2022
Parachoko:
What did the rest of the Tricycle member do about this issue? Or they were just looking as 3 Touts decended on their member?
Thank you. If it was a car or any other person they had issues with, they would have gathered and given the person the beating of his life. To liberate themselves from the touts now, e hard them
Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by Dashlish12: 9:16am On Mar 21, 2022
colestephan86:

Yes I own a truck 15 tonn
. Ok can i please be your truck boy or any position u might deem fit? Fending for my household hasn't been easy Bro
Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by Charly68: 9:21am On Mar 21, 2022
I think Python must dance for them to hear simple instruction
Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by colestephan86: 9:25am On Mar 21, 2022
Dashlish12:
. Ok can i please be your truck boy or any position u might deem fit? Fending for my household hasn't been easy Bro
Oh, sorry I own the truck , I am not the driver. The driver has his boy already sorry
Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by Dashlish12: 9:27am On Mar 21, 2022
colestephan86:

Oh, sorry I own the truck , I am not the driver. The driver has his boy already sorry
. No hard feelings
Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by oladipuposadeeq(m): 9:36am On Mar 21, 2022
Cantonese:
That’s the initial gra gra that we should expect from the touts.

When Brig. Gen Buba Marwa banned the NURTW activities in Lagos as the governor, the touts reacted this way. Brig. Gen Marwa simply sent the then Operation Sweep for enforcement. When they started shooting the touts dead and arresting them at the bus stops, they all disappeared. They could not dare return until the administration of BAT. The result is what we see today with the likes of MC. Oluomo.

Oshiomole chased them away too with the likes of Bob Izua, hiding themselves at a time.

Gov. Soludo will find a solution to their stupid acts and deal with them effectively.
boss then marwa was a military governor and no one would dare want to challenge them then but now wey tinubu don give them backing for lagos. I think it will be very difficult to eradicate them besides some of my Eastern friends will be shouting that agbero has covered lagos unknown to me that the one for their side are upcoming terrorists grin
Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by Realist12: 9:39am On Mar 21, 2022
I stated this on another thread about those calling for the cancelation of parks levies , I asked them to start in another state and not use Lagos for a testing ground. In making policies you have to follow theoretical processes not just dish out laws that will heat up the polity. Now imagine this was done in Lagos. The whole economic activity will crumble for a while and status quo will be maintained afterwards. And to those saying the state governments should provide means to get the levies directly don't understand that there's no way for the government to monitor the transporters and as an average Nigerian none of them will even bother paying anything. A simple solution is for government to toll the roads if they truly want to end ticket touting.

1 Like

Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by Nigeriadondie: 9:44am On Mar 21, 2022
Cantonese:
That’s the initial gra gra that we should expect from the touts.

When Brig. Gen Buba Marwa banned the NURTW activities in Lagos as the governor, the touts reacted this way. Brig. Gen Marwa simply sent the then Operation Sweep for enforcement. When they started shooting the touts dead and arresting them at the bus stops, they all disappeared. They could not dare return until the administration of BAT. The result is what we see today with the likes of MC. Oluomo.

Oshiomole chased them away too with the likes of Bob Izua, hiding themselves at a time.

Gov. Soludo will find a solution to their stupid acts and deal with them effectively.
I remember very well Operation Sweep action on agbero. It was very decisive. They never spared agbero at all.
Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by Kingsley1000(m): 9:50am On Mar 21, 2022
quentin06:
Time to get to work, Soludo is put to the test, Onitsha is not like the cool CBN towers in Abuja where people worshipped him as CBN governor.
May he not receive slaps from touts.

he no know anything bro Lol
Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by ogelekpomgam(m): 10:05am On Mar 21, 2022
alizma:
I laughed when I heard he gave such order. That is the first blunder from him because I didn't hear of any provision made to engage those boys
What provision do you have for lazy men??..exterminate them completely. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by Iceberg3: 10:05am On Mar 21, 2022
Parachoko:
What did the rest of the Tricycle member do about this issue? Or they were just looking as 3 Touts decended on their member?
That's Nigerians for you! Suffering and smiling; fear fear people
Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by alizma: 10:07am On Mar 21, 2022
shantti:

I hate people that reason like u. So those boys are more important than the rest of us who used our hands to find something meaningful to do okwa ya. Then every youth should turn into a tout and wait for the govt to make provision for them. Rubbish. Assuming I be soludo, I go just set trap for those tout, apprehend them and shoot them dead. Imagine!!!!!!!!
Is either you are a child politically or you just decided to reason like one. Most of the so called tout that have the guts to openly tax drivers or market women are created by the government, they have there main man somewhere and the main man fine and wine with government officials. You are right by saying they are not better than those doing legitimate hustling but that doesn't change the fact that Soludo approach the issue in a wrong way. Governing a state in the likes of anambra is not the same as governing an organized sector like the banking sector. I wish him well and hope he doesn't fail
Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by Enyimbamercedes: 10:17am On Mar 21, 2022
Of course... you dont just talk with no action else nothing will change. It is easy to say touting is over and storm the streets but how do you enforce this!?

Funny thing is if you put the police to enforce this, you create a new problem... either the police provide cover for the touts to operate, or they turn to the touts and start taking money.

Charles, I'm no expert but to get the touts of the streets you need to understand why they are there in the first place. If you dont deal with the root cause, you are just putting band-aid on a festering sore!
Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by allicare: 10:23am On Mar 21, 2022
Where âre this IPOB pigs shouting and blaming Chief Tunubu for Lagos agberos. I thought there were no touts in their God forsaking land. Bloody hypocrites
Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by Awaja(m): 10:31am On Mar 21, 2022
Before you make laws ,you must have plans on enforcing it,now let's see your plan sir
Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by dfrost: 10:32am On Mar 21, 2022
GreaterFuture:

Understand him how?? ??
Did you work there?
Cos I don't understand the point you are driving at..

Ask around please. I have someone who worked there.
Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:34am On Mar 21, 2022
IGBO SCOOL DROPOUT ORCHINS THAT ARE IDOL WORSHIPPERS ARE THE PROBLEMS IN THE EAST.ONCE YOU ERASE THEM ALLFROM UPPER IWEKA TO REMOTEST VILLAGE IN IMO, PROGRESS WILL COME TO IGBOLAND undecided
Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by Carparts888(m): 10:36am On Mar 21, 2022
You are smart and will make a good political adviser.
wwwihy:
So "Owo mi da" is dangerously existing over there ?

Soludo first mistake as Governor. He is putting the cart before the horse . He needs to find something for these guys to do first, but this is very difficult considering the nature of cash flows this type of touting brings... alternatively convert them to government revenue agents based on sharing formula or commission on their daily collections through once off payment issuance of daily cards patterned after what Oshiomhole did in Edo, then gradually phase them out .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by Cantonese: 10:39am On Mar 21, 2022
just2endowed:

Point of correction.... Agbero doesn't generate any kobo to Lagos state revenue but Over 120 billion naira are money agbero generate for themselves and cronies shared among their chairman and national chairman and yet, the infrastructure( roads and bus stops) these cursed tout used in making the money is from our tax payers money.

If anyone has prove of any kobo remitted to Lagos state should state it.

“ Point of correction.... Agbero doesn't generate any kobo to Lagos state revenue but…”. How does this sound please?

NURTW pays taxes to Lagos state government. They make certain remittances daily to the local government areas where they operate. You can go and verify. Truthfully most of the amounts generated for into their private pockets. Do you not know that it cannot be possible without the collusion of certain persons in positions of power? Why did the state government support Oluomo in the recent crisis if not that certain persons benefit from their agbero business?

Without remitting certain amounts as taxes, someday a governor in the like of Makinde will rise up and stop them from operating in Lagos.
Re: Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies by Cantonese: 10:47am On Mar 21, 2022
oladipuposadeeq:
boss then marwa was a military governor and no one would dare want to challenge them then but now wey tinubu don give them backing for lagos. I think it will be very difficult to eradicate them besides some of my Eastern friends will be shouting that agbero has covered lagos unknown to me that the one for their side are upcoming terrorists grin

Is Makinde a military governor? Ambode was not a military governor when he stated his plan against NURTW? It is unfortunate that certain persons who pretentiously want Nigeria to be better, support this agbero business, as that is their supply source of thugs for elections.

Agbero is not confined to Lagos state alone. It is a nationwide problem, but more pronounced in some states.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of Four Siblings Killed In Zaria Violence / Muhammad Bello's Sallah Gift To Buhari This Morning / Abducted Dapchi Girls: Do Not Weep For Leah Sheribu (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.