Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,037 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Advise On A Job Relocation To Batam Indonesia - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advise On A Job Relocation To Batam Indonesia (1286 Views)

Indonesia Conducts First Commercial Flight Using Palm Oil-blended Jet Fuel / My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia / 80 Nigerians Deported From Indonesia For Spraying Money On Pastor Odumeje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise On A Job Relocation To Batam Indonesia by brandmix: 7:26am On Mar 21, 2022
Hi everyone,

I would really love the feedback from the house on an opportunity that has presented itself for (at least a temporary) move to Indonesia.

Background
I was recently approach by a Singaporean company with a plant in Batam for a senior manager role.

The pay would be twice what I am earning if all goes according to plan, but I know very little about the country and the island itself.

Can any of our esteemed global travels share some information of living in Indonesia and particularly working in Batam.

Things like safety, road network, power, health care, tolerance, etc would be fantastic
Re: Advise On A Job Relocation To Batam Indonesia by nzeobi(m): 9:28am On Mar 21, 2022
Most Nigerians in Indonesia live in Jakarta and the roads, power and basic amenties are ok
Re: Advise On A Job Relocation To Batam Indonesia by Cousin9999: 9:58am On Mar 21, 2022
I don't believe this offer actually happened.

Indonesia is not a developed, progressive nation. And they're definitely racist.

Any company in that region looking for management will seek locals and people in the region first. They have nothing to attract and retain foreigners.

This offer could be tr4fficking of some kind.

2 Likes

Re: Advise On A Job Relocation To Batam Indonesia by brandmix: 3:35pm On Mar 21, 2022
Cousin9999:
I don't believe this offer actually happened.

Indonesia is not a developed, progressive nation. And they're definitely racist.

Any company in that region looking for management will seek locals and people in the region first. They have nothing to attract and retain foreigners.

This offer could be tr4fficking of some kind.

Lol. Extreme view.

Since when did traffickers start targeting mid to senior level managers using LinkedIn mail?
FYI his current pay in in excess of 1.3M naira monthly. So it’s not a case of your everyday hustler.

But thanks all the same
Re: Advise On A Job Relocation To Batam Indonesia by dasparrow: 5:30pm On Mar 21, 2022
brandmix:

Lol. Extreme view.

Since when did traffickers start targeting mid to senior level managers using LinkedIn mail?
FYI his current pay in in excess of 1.3M naira monthly. So it’s not a case of your everyday hustler.

But thanks all the same

Cousin9999 is right. You can choose to listen or not. If you have already made up your mind on what to do, why did you create this thread asking for advice? If you are indeed making 1.3 million Naira monthly, then why are you trying to leave your homeland, your family, friends and acquaintances to go all the way to Indonesia which is not even a first world country and where the indigenous population of that nation are not even used to Black folks?

You see this silly mindset that most of you Nigerians have whereby you always think that the grass is greener on the other side, well, that is what will be your undoing. Some of you are destined by the Most High God to make it in Nigeria but you throw everything away for some phantom job offer in some developing country in Asia somewhere because you lack wisdom.

Should you get fired, not saying that you would, you will not be able to return back to your old job in Nigeria. You will then join the rank of thousands of Nigerians abroad who have nothing going for them, no papers, no job, no nothing and who are too ashamed to return back home. So what do some of them do? They start engaging in drug trafficking and whatever else thereby further soiling the image of Nigeria once they get caught.

Lastly, scammers and dishonest folks do use LinkedIn mail to contact unsuspecting folks in third world countries especially folks who come from countries whose citizens are always in such desperate need to "Japa."

2 Likes

Re: Advise On A Job Relocation To Batam Indonesia by OlakunmiSMELTD: 6:36pm On Mar 21, 2022
brandmix:
Hi everyone,

I would really love the feedback from the house on an opportunity that has presented itself for (at least a temporary) move to Indonesia.

Background
I was recently approach by a Singaporean company with a plant in Batam for a senior manager role.

The pay would be twice what I am earning if all goes according to plan, but I know very little about the country and the island itself.

Can any of our esteemed global travels share some information of living in Indonesia and particularly working in Batam.

Things like safety, road network, power, health care, tolerance, etc would be fantastic

1. If the company is a Singaporean company, then it's possible, as most international companies have the right to employ candidate from other countries. Once they re qualify.

All they need to do is to prove to the ministry of labor that they had done the job posting and non of the applicant had the requirements requested for.

If you want to enjoy your stay there.

Stay in Jakarta
Get your car
Get your international driving license before traveling.
Please don't associates yourself with Nigerian ( only trust yourself)
The company would apply for resident permit for you and the necessary documents you would need to take to embassy for visa.

But I will advice you to ask them to pay you in USD or euro. Because Indonesian currency is poor.

For safety, mind the people you walk with, and where you go.
road network, power, and food are very ok.

Health care, I don't have an idea.

Lastly, follow up with the documentation in as much it doesn't involve money. But once you see the sign of them asking you for money. Just block them. And Waka

Best of luck brother

3 Likes

Re: Advise On A Job Relocation To Batam Indonesia by brandmix: 5:55am On Mar 22, 2022
OlakunmiSMELTD:

1. If the company is a Singaporean company, then it's possible, as most international companies have the right to employ candidate from other countries. Once they re qualify.

All they need to do is to prove to the ministry of labor that they had done the job posting and non of the applicant had the requirements requested for.

If you want to enjoy your stay there.

Stay in Jakarta
Get your car
Get your international driving license before traveling.
Please don't associates yourself with Nigerian ( only trust yourself)
The company would apply for resident permit for you and the necessary documents you would need to take to embassy for visa.

But I will advice you to ask them to pay you in USD or euro. Because Indonesian currency is poor.

For safety, mind the people you walk with, and where you go.
road network, power, and food are very ok.

Health care, I don't have an idea.

Lastly, follow up with the documentation in as much it doesn't involve money. But once you see the sign of them asking you for money. Just block them. And Waka

Best of luck brother

Thanks Chief
Re: Advise On A Job Relocation To Batam Indonesia by brandmix: 6:05am On Mar 22, 2022
dasparrow:

Cousin9999 is right. You can choose to listen or not. If you have already made up your mind on what to do, why did you create this thread asking for advice? If you are indeed making 1.3 million Naira monthly, then why are you trying to leave your homeland, your family, friends and acquaintances to go all the way to Indonesia which is not even a first world country and where the indigenous population of that nation are not even used to Black folks?

You see this silly mindset that most of you Nigerians have whereby you always think that the grass is greener on the other side, well, that is what will be your undoing. Some of you are destined by the Most High God to make it in Nigeria but you throw everything away for some phantom job offer in some developing country in Asia somewhere because you lack wisdom.

Should you get fired, not saying that you would, you will not be able to return back to your old job in Nigeria. You will then join the rank of thousands of Nigerians abroad who have nothing going for them, no papers, no job, no nothing and who are too ashamed to return back home. So what do some of them do? They start engaging in drug trafficking and whatever else thereby further soiling the image of Nigeria once they get caught.

Lastly, scammers and dishonest folks do use LinkedIn mail to contact unsuspecting folks in third world countries especially folks who come from countries whose citizens are always in such desperate need to "Japa."

I completely get you. And while I do appreciate the feedback, context really helps.

If all goes well, this will actually be the 2nd international job offer (not the most preferred by anyway). With a back up plan for masters in Uk planned for next year and PR still in the pipeline.

I believe in keeping an open mind to opportunities is best, especially for people aggressively looking to build their CV’s.

The main reason for the thread was advise on living in the country. Not about the decision

But thanks all the same
Re: Advise On A Job Relocation To Batam Indonesia by Naijaolosho2: 4:04pm On Mar 22, 2022
brandmix:

I completely get you. And while I do appreciate the feedback, context really helps.

If all goes well, this will actually be the 2nd international job offer (not the most preferred by anyway). With a back up plan for masters in Uk planned for next year and PR still in the pipeline.

I believe in keeping an open mind to opportunities is best, especially for people aggressively looking to build their CV’s.

The main reason for the thread was advise on living in the country. Not about the decision

But thanks all the same

Please don't listen to people who discourage,I'm sure if they had the opportunity they'd take it.
Wish you best of luck in an unknown land. Go and excel.
Re: Advise On A Job Relocation To Batam Indonesia by AKWATGOLD1(m): 4:48pm On Mar 22, 2022
Human Organ Harvester is all i see in this thread.
Re: Advise On A Job Relocation To Batam Indonesia by Cousin9999: 5:43pm On Mar 22, 2022
AKWATGOLD1:
Human Organ Harvester is all i see in this thread.

That's what I'm thinking too.
Re: Advise On A Job Relocation To Batam Indonesia by ednut1(m): 6:38pm On Mar 22, 2022
Plant You sure they wont lock you up harvest your kidney hahahahaha
Re: Advise On A Job Relocation To Batam Indonesia by ewot: 2:03pm On Oct 13, 2022
I live in Indonesia.
For tolerance, Indonesia is the best country in the world.
~ ewot
Re: Advise On A Job Relocation To Batam Indonesia by ewotbacklink: 12:04pm On Apr 30, 2023
You can find any Job in Batam Indonesia.

(1) (Reply)

Greece Study Visa Requirements / How Can One Make It Abroad And What Is The Probability That You Would Make If Y / Arik Air Sinks With Lies, Slavery And Debt Running Into Billions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.