Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman (1538 Views)

Nigerians React To Amaechi's Appointment As Transport Minister (Pix) / Presidency Denies Rift Between Buhari, Tinubu / Nigeria Police Removes Frank Mba As Spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman by warrior01: 8:03pm On Jul 01, 2011
ABUJA – THE Presidency, Friday, has distanced itself from reports (not Vanguard) that President Goodluck Jonathan has settled for the appointment of Mr Reuben Abati as his new spokesman, saying that “Mr Niboro’s office is not vacant”.

One of the most senior aides in Aso Rock who didn’t accompanied the President to the African Union, AU, in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea, told Vanguard that the Presidency is not surprised by the report, “as many political applicants have recently resorted to the media to announce their dream appointments, without a formal letter from the C-in-C”.

The source which preferred anonymity dismissed the reports, saying that ” we expected you guys (media) to have speculated the list of the 20 presidential advisers like you did in the case of the ministers. But it’s obvious that you guys don’t have anything close to it, this time around; hence you shifted attention to your colleague, Niboro”.

“We are not surprised, at all. After all, the media have been in the business of appointing aides to the president lately.

Remember they appointed about three different persons at different times as new Chief of Staff to the President. But what I can tell you, is that, there is absolutely no sense in the reports; and they are outright personal imagination of the authors”, the source said.
Re: Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman by warrior01: 8:05pm On Jul 01, 2011
Sahara reporters caught lying again
Re: Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman by joecrack(m): 8:31pm On Jul 01, 2011
Seems like beaf's job is in no contention.
Ha ha ha
Re: Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman by tpia5: 8:32pm On Jul 01, 2011
link?
Re: Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman by Odunnu: 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2011
warrior01:

Sahara reporters caught lying again
always always telling tales
Re: Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman by 1luvkipsus: 10:40pm On Jul 01, 2011
The whole report is the handiwork of Abati himself;he actually edited d report.But this is really shameful.I have alwaz known dat Reuben Abati is crooked,dubious and over ambitious alwaz seeking 4 attention.Rubbish!!
Re: Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman by wesley80(m): 11:28pm On Jul 01, 2011
^^^ You must be a he-goat to come up with a statement like that. Isnt it enough that Abati's person has been severely battered in 3 cyber pages over a nonsensical report from SR? Yet the best your kindergaten reasoning can come up with are more abuses even when the report has been Faulted. Nonsense
Re: Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman by ZnO: 11:33pm On Jul 01, 2011
That land rogue Abati again? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman by Nobody: 3:54am On Jul 02, 2011
Who signed this statement from the presidency? Who is the said "source" a refutal is meant to be signed. Anyway, am sure its Iboro desperately clutching to save his life, d tone and language smells of Iboro
Re: Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman by OAM4J: 5:35am On Jul 02, 2011
@OP

Please always supply the link/source of your story. Thanks.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/presidency-denies-appointment-of-rueben-abati-as-spokesman/
Re: Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman by Odunnu: 5:37am On Jul 02, 2011
This our MOD is very active and versatile o!
Re: Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman by warrior01: 6:33am On Jul 02, 2011
@OP

Please always supply the link/source of your story. Thanks.

Sorry; my bad.
Re: Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman by dempeople(m): 6:56am On Jul 02, 2011
While they've denied it, it could be something the Presidency speculated on doing when SR got wind of the story. Its possible.
Re: Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 02, 2011
Please change the topic title to Ima Iboro in desperate move to save neck. This refutal is not from any official source. Nigerian una to naïve, if the Presidency gave this statement it will be emanate from an office n be clearly signed
Re: Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman by wesley80(m): 8:04am On Jul 02, 2011
dem_people:

While they've denied it, it could be something the Presidency speculated on doing when SR got wind of the story. Its possible.

And why would Gej change his mind or even deny it just because SR got wind of it? You sure say u well so?
Re: Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman by OmoTier1(m): 8:12am On Jul 02, 2011
who are they trying to make a fool of?
Ima Niboro's job is on the line, if not any new serious government will almost certainly appoint a spokeman to give the government a face. But in the case of Ima Niboro aka beaf, GEJ did not see it as a priority. Which means, He views Ima Niboro's retention of that post as something he needs to have a look at critically.

By the way what is the need of this Ima Niboro of a blunder when the talkative former Minister of information -now cleared again by the senate- seems to know his onions?

Can someone tell beaf that the dollars He collceted during campaign, that now is the time to spend it! Men must wack,  either settle the boys or you roast beaf! Better still go sell one of those galaxy tabs you got from GEJ to pay the job ransom!
Re: Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman by dempeople(m): 8:20am On Jul 02, 2011
wesley80:

And why would Gej change his mind or even deny it just because SR got wind of it? You sure say u well so?

Na u I suppose dee ask whether say u dee well at all! Atunyezinalum ajo okwu n'onu!

So its not possible that there were speculations in the presidency about it in the first place? And what would your reaction be when Abati is appointed? Would u hang? Its possible that Niboro could continue or Abati could be appointed or even another person appointed. These are possibilities.

And u expected them to confirm it? Wouldn't it be commonsense for them to deny it like they've done or keep silent?
Re: Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman by wesley80(m): 9:29am On Jul 02, 2011
dem_people:

Atunyezinalum ajo okwu n'onu!
Same to you my brother.

dem_people:

So its not possible that there were speculations in the presidency about it in the first place? And what would your reaction be when Abati is appointed? Would u hang? Its possible that Niboro could continue or Abati could be appointed or even another person appointed. These are possibilities.

And u expected them to confirm it? Wouldn't it be commonsense for them to deny it like they've done or keep silent?

In your first post u insinuated that Gej changed his mind over the appointment becos SR got wind of it and i only asked why Gej wld change his mind over an appointment simply becos SR got wind of it, abi no be so?
If there were speculations that might lead to an appointment, what then makes it expedient to deny it at this stage when in no time it wld be confirmed? Its either Gej wants him or he doesnt, If he wants him, then a report from SR or whoever wld make absolutely no difference.this stage when in no time it wld be confirmed? Its either Gej wants him or he doesnt, If he wants him, then a report from SR or whoever wld make absolutely no difference.
Re: Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman by goggs(m): 9:42am On Jul 02, 2011
1luvkipsus:

The whole report is the handiwork of Abati himself;he actually edited d report.But this is really shameful.I have alwaz known dat Reuben Abati is crooked,dubious and over ambitious alwaz seeking 4 attention.Rubbish!!

OK so you were there! You know I could say the same thing of you 1lukkipsus and be right! arrrgggg! na wah
Re: Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman by dempeople(m): 12:30pm On Jul 02, 2011
wesley80:

In your first post u insinuated that Gej changed his mind over the appointment becos SR got wind of it and i only asked why Gej wld change his mind over an appointment simply becos SR got wind of it, abi no be so?
If there were speculations that might lead to an appointment, what then makes it expedient to deny it at this stage when in no time it wld be confirmed? Its either Gej wants him or he doesnt, If he wants him, then a report from SR or whoever wld make absolutely no difference.this stage when in no time it wld be confirmed? Its either Gej wants him or he doesnt, If he wants him, then a report from SR or whoever wld make absolutely no difference.

No. No be so. Maybe I should've been more specific. What I meant by my post was that, there could've been speculations in the presidency about appointing Abati, during the period that SR got wind of the news but not necessarily that it was as a result of the SR news that made the presidency to deny any speculations they could've been possibly making.

I'll like the honor to remind you of this our chat when of course, Abati is possibly appointed. Surely by that time, you might start to understand that governments can say one thing and mean another.
Re: Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman by wesley80(m): 1:24pm On Jul 02, 2011
*** Well I look to seeing him in govt, im actually a fan.
Re: Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman by abacus(m): 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2011
wesley80:

wesley80:

^^^ You must be a he-goat to come up with a statement like that. Isn't it enough that Abati's person has been severely battered in 3 cyber pages over a nonsensical report from SR? Yet the best your kindergaten reasoning can come up with are more abuses even when the report has been Faulted. Nonsense
Odunnu:

always always telling tales

First from SR (http://saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathan-presidency-juggling-reuben-abati-replace-ima-niboro) on June 30t.

You can see how insincere the GEJ government can be to the country?

And you 2 are so gullible to believe them? So SR was right at first,

You guys better open your eyes and see that

[size=20pt]It's no longer FRESH AIR but FRESH FART[/size]

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/july/07/national-07-07-2011-007.html
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/oghiadomhe-abati-oronto-sarah-jubril-make-jonathans-20-aides-list/
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/11676-jonathan-picks-jibril-oghiadomhe-kuku-abati-14-others-as-aides.html
Re: Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman by dempeople(m): 3:48pm On Jul 07, 2011
wesley80:

I hope you've now learnt another lesson in politics - words are not reflective of the mind in political games.

Presidential denial was never reflective of their motives!
Re: Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman by wesley80(m): 4:37pm On Jul 07, 2011
Well, it was neva an official denial so u cant accuse Gej of insincereity or not keeping his words. It was nothing but an info from a faceless "source" and we all know how authoritative they can be.
I have no regrets criticizing the initial report as long as the source was quoted to be SR, fortunately for me though, the news source wasnt SR but Thisday so im still wary of any exclusive coming from SR.
Re: Presidency Denies Reuben Abati’s Appointment As Spokesman by effopsgraisse(m): 1:53pm On Nov 28, 2011

(1) (Reply)

Shocking! Man Dies After Being Punched With A Juju Ring. / Have You Seen Tosin? / Yorubaland In National Chess Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.