Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? (42564 Views)

Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada / 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? / What Good Country Can I Relocate With One Million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by GoodBoi1(m): 11:34am On Mar 24, 2022
Seunolad1:
7m naira can build you 3bed room flat with one sitting room dining lundry and all room ensuit i am a professional builder with building estimate orientation even p.o.p ceiling.
For real?
Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by Passionate1(m): 12:29pm On Mar 24, 2022
gforce5:
Under German Nationality Law, citizenship is granted under the principles of jus sanguinis and jus soli. Citizenship is granted under the Jus Sanguinis principle if at at least one of the parents is a German citizen, or under the Jus Soli principle if born in Germany to foreign nationals residing in Germany with an unlimited permission to stay and a regular stay for at least 8 years. German citizenship can also be granted through naturalization as a rule following 8 years of residency in Germany, BUT NON-EU AND NON-SWISS CITIZENS MUST USUALLY RENOUNCE THEIR PREVIOUS CITIZENSHIP BEFORE BEING NATURALIZED IN GERMANY.

This is according to German Nationality Law and Dual Citizenship Report. I have nothing else to say.
grin
grin grin
You initially outlined that Germany don't accept or offers dual citizenship. . .
So how come dual citizenship are granted to all Naturalized Germans from Nigeria and some African countries?
For your information, an increasing number
Of naturalized Germans are no longer required to renounce their original citizenship before receiving a German passport. .
Please stop spreading misinformation to avoid
Confusion, Deception and falsehood. . .
Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by gforce5: 3:26pm On Mar 24, 2022
I have said what is needed to be said. My area of focus is UK, Irish and Nigerian immigration not German law. It's only recently that German Nationality Law changed. My apologies to the OP but not to you as I will not exchange words with you. I
Passionate1:
grin
grin grin
You initially outlined that Germany don't accept or offers dual citizenship. . .
So how come dual citizenship are granted to all Naturalized Germans from Nigeria and some African countries?
Of naturalized Germans are no longer required to renounce their original citizenship before receiving a German passport. .
Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 24, 2022
Passionate1:
grin
grin grin

Passionate1, so you dey Germany? Interesting. make dem no nab you with all those big bum bums you have been posting oh. There is a new rule for 30 years imprisonment for posting of unsolicited bum bums online. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by Firag: 5:55pm On Mar 24, 2022
7m no fit complete foundation for naija Na talk more of building house, sitdown and strategize before you waste your money for nothing
Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by lordally(m): 1:01am On Mar 25, 2022
gforce5:
OP, as an immigration lawyer, I will give you free advice that I otherwise would have charged as consultation fees. That N7million is not as big as you think it is. If you decide to migrate to the English speaking common law countries (U.S., UK, Canada, Australia and Ireland), just know that money will finish between 6 months to a year. If you must japa, migrate to countries where citizenship is guaranteed within a space of 5 years. With a second passport, you can move back to Nigeria anytime you want. Your descendants will forever be grateful for what you have done.

The only European countries worth looking with your budget are France and Finland. Education in those countries are relatively cheap compared to most western countries and you can naturalize within a space of 5-6 years (look at their nationality laws online). Don't bother with Germany as they don't accept dual nationality and you must have a fixed amount $8,000 before you can pursue your education there. You can think outside the box and look at Latin American countries. Brazil is an ideal destination. The cost of living in that country is low compared to the West. Their nationality laws are straightforward and Brazilian passport grants you visa-free access to most western countries. You can kill two birds with one stone and set up a business in Brazil with your remaining balance. Mexico is another option. Cost of living there is cheap and it is next door to the States. You can get married to a native there and obtain your citizenship within a short period.

Overall OP, think carefully about what you plan to do. Do your research. Don't rush to do anything rash. Ignore most of the posters here telling you to make multiple "investments" in Nigeria. They don't know anything hence why they keep voting for mediocres. The country is not getting better. Nigeria has been in decline in the past 40 years. Our problems didn't start in 1999. J[b]ust think about it, N1 in 1981 was $0.750. $1 in 2001 was N90 and $1 in 2021 was N450. You don't have to be a soothsayer to know what will happen in the next 20 years.[/b]

The wise one has spoken!!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by lordally(m): 9:24am On Mar 25, 2022
Coolcube:

Abegi no mind them. My roomie in uni left Naija in 2014. I continued in acada line, suffered a few months of unemployment, status changed to underemployment (40K with a Masters) and later gainfully employed and doing well in the corporate world. My roomie who japa then now has 4 kids (citizens), doing well financially, took his parents on countless trips abroad, has BUILT houses and has a fine career after going through the pains of studying a good course overseas.

Me: doing well too by the grace of God. But the difference is still clear like 7up. Inflation and rising cost of things no gree me tangible savings, even with an averagely good salary . I cannot afford to give 1million naira gift now or buy my parents a car. Even to buy a car for myself na to save up more than a year or loan, building one bungalow with serious calculation ... the reality of many working class Nigerians who cannot steal or does not have access to stealing from the national pot.

Is there suffering abroad....? sure! But after suffering and taking the pains to advance yourself educationally, one will definitely be better off. Education can be scam here, but out there in Europe and North America, once you can get educated and keep pushing, things will be better off. Some PhDs here in Nigeria teach JAMB students while others are grossly underpaid in private unis....

OP, travel, but have a plan and target. If I ever travel in this my mid life, it is either to lecture (education - do a PhD), re-skill into tech (education) or get my wife re-skilled into health care (education). It is all EDUCATION FIRST, jollification later. Even the three steps can be followed through.

Nice one baba
Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 10:59am On Mar 25, 2022
Nobody is washing plate! Stop watching local movies if you really wanna go far in life.

Misterone:
most likely suffer want to kill you at present. that is why you think your only solace in life is to travel abroad. those who have money don't think of travelling. they stay back to protect their investment. how many rich men dey go wash plate for abroad? non.

1 Like

Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by Medallion500: 4:32pm On Mar 25, 2022
Thanks you for this pieces.... If ever lay may hands on that 7m in a good year to come wallahiii I am already a big boy without stepping my toes outside
Nigeria...
Misterone:
we all know it is his decision to make and we can only advise. so, I am giving you this advise too. a man that has 7m plus two plots of land in Lagos, that sells it and use the proceed to go to another country to wash dishes and do labourer work will never make it. village people dey do that person. go to Onitsha to see illiterates in one small shop owning 4 deckings. people that did apprenticeship and we're settled less than 200k. someone has 7m and your advise to him is to travel abroad with it! to do what precisely? mark you, he is not going there to further his education.
if you cannot multiply 7m in your father's country, where you can even do one or two illegal things and go free then you can never make it anywhere. take that to the bank.

1 Like

Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by shegun4sur: 6:22pm On Mar 25, 2022
adeboizy11:
Dude go and build a house you can call home jejely and use the other remaining two million to survive. While you earn more. Why would you want to even relocate in the first place. Yoruba would say a jo o da bi ile

If you're living well abroad, can't it be your home?
Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by Seunolad1(m): 10:10pm On Apr 03, 2022
GoodBoi1:

For real?
yes 08137405828
Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by nonix22(m): 11:38am On Apr 29, 2022
I'm in naija at the moment Boss.
SocialJustice:
Have you stayed in Nigeria recently?

1 Like

Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by Rubyjade: 6:35am On May 02, 2022
nonix22:
I'm in naija at the moment Boss.
where in Nigeria
Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by Donbaba123: 9:44am On May 03, 2022
gforce5:
OP, as an immigration lawyer, I will give you free advice that I otherwise would have charged as consultation fees. That N7million is not as big as you think it is. If you decide to migrate to the English speaking common law countries (U.S., UK, Canada, Australia and Ireland), just know that money will finish between 6 months to a year. If you must japa, migrate to countries where citizenship is guaranteed within a space of 5 years. With a second passport, you can move back to Nigeria anytime you want. Your descendants will forever be grateful for what you have done.

The only European countries worth looking with your budget are France and Finland. Education in those countries are relatively cheap compared to most western countries and you can naturalize within a space of 5-6 years (look at their nationality laws online). Don't bother with Germany as they don't accept dual nationality and you must have a fixed amount $8,000 before you can pursue your education there. You can think outside the box and look at Latin American countries. Brazil is an ideal destination. The cost of living in that country is low compared to the West. Their nationality laws are straightforward and Brazilian passport grants you visa-free access to most western countries. You can kill two birds with one stone and set up a business in Brazil with your remaining balance. Mexico is another option. Cost of living there is cheap and it is next door to the States. You can get married to a native there and obtain your citizenship within a short period.

Overall OP, think carefully about what you plan to do. Do your research. Don't rush to do anything rash. Ignore most of the posters here telling you to make multiple "investments" in Nigeria. They don't know anything hence why they keep voting for mediocres. The country is not getting better. Nigeria has been in decline in the past 40 years. Our problems didn't start in 1999. J[b]ust think about it, N1 in 1981 was $0.750. $1 in 2001 was N90 and $1 in 2021 was N450. You don't have to be a soothsayer to know what will happen in the next 20 years.[/b]

Can someone visit Mexico with Uk or schengen visa and decide not go come back home, is it easy to work temporarily permit over there with tourist visa?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by nonix22(m): 9:56am On May 04, 2022
Does it matter??
Rubyjade:
where in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by Rubyjade: 8:26am On May 08, 2022
nonix22:
Does it matter??
Yes
Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by dilezy(m): 10:29am On May 08, 2022
Better you travel out oooo, if anyone is interested, there is a Germany work visa currently on, takes one month to be out . If you interested hit me on .. 0seven0333388zero4
Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by Poanan: 1:35pm On May 08, 2022
Westernequinox:
Buy usdt, stake it in lending, use 2mil,and exchanger pays you 23k daily, 706 monthly

Can u explain how it works. I didnt get your explanation

1 Like

Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by Rubyjade: 3:57pm On May 08, 2022
Poanan:

Can u explain how it works. I didnt get your explanation
join m y c r y p t o n g on telegram

1 Like

Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by Erums(m): 3:58pm On May 14, 2022
WHITELIGHTER:
7m can't even get u a good bungalow....even at that, after building what next? Will the house generate revenue? People sell their houses to travel abroad.
My brother, that money is enough to leave this country and find Ur feet in EU or US or Canada....don't slack on this thought abeg..
I dey suffry dey play my rollover to gather money to take leave this country. U can be a landlord and still be suffering in Naija

Bro pls involve me for the rollover
Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by Ryandavid1607: 3:59pm On May 14, 2022
Hello, please I have a question , I submitted my EOI in December 2020, through out 2021 there was no message from them , in February of 2022 I got married and just first week in May 2022 I got an invite for nomination and they asked me to continue my application with the same details on my EOI and the status still says single in which if I make it married it reduces my point from 80 to 70.my question is if I can continue my application as single and after my visa is granted do my court wedding and secure the certificate to make a visa application for my wife before I leave the country
Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by Erums(m): 4:38pm On May 14, 2022
abuwidad:

I have one to sell. 3 bedrooms with a room selfcon attached. All ensuite. Location is Lusada close to Agbara ogun state. Its my personal property. Please note not habitable yet but with roof and inside plastered.

Price?
Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by Lotusflowerbomb: 6:39pm On May 14, 2022
abuhusna1:
I will say choose travel to western world uk or Ireland should be your priority. I say this from experience all these western world can open many doors for you that you dont ever imagine as long as you can tap from the opportunityavailable around you. I travelled with 7 million with the help of my parent but today I can tell you I can boast of close to 300 million in naira cos that abroad help me fund my crypto investment as I buy it weekly for almost 1 year from 2019 and all of it grew all of the sudden. I wouldn't have made so much if not abroad and I also have bought house worth of 30 million cash down no building stress
Note I didn't say the work you do abroad can get you rich quick but if you are the types that taps from resources around you abroad you will make it
Chai who will invest in me ohh? Sadly my Father does not believe in traveling abroad for greener pastures.
Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by Lotusflowerbomb: 6:47pm On May 14, 2022
AlphaT1:

Na dis kind advise deceive my late Papa carry am from UK come back. Na dat side dem for born me. No serious Nigerian can be unsuccessful abroad. You know de spirit of Naija? Dat spirit na never say die spirit. We are tough. We are survivors. As long as you are ready to use your hands, you can't go hungry for abroad. You can wash plates, do security, do clerk etc all at the same time and earn cool cash. Thank God I no follow my papa lane, my children no go grow for this toxic environment wey de limit our potentials.
I don’t even know what’s wrong with some of our parents. It’s very annoying. Now that they are in Nigeria suffering with insurgency and trying to seek enjoyment for their children due to Unemployment, I hope they are happy?

1 Like

Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by Lotusflowerbomb: 6:54pm On May 14, 2022
Westernequinox:
Buy usdt, stake it in lending, use 2mil,and exchanger pays you 23k daily, 706 monthly
Can I start with $100? I don’t have much
Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by Ugosample(m): 11:09pm On May 14, 2022
ifex370:

Depends on your line of work, country of relocation, and your overall current standard of living.

If you want to stay. Why do you want to stay?

If you want to leave. Why do you want to leave?
Best comment
Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by Ugosample(m): 11:11pm On May 14, 2022
SocialJustice:
You can't build a house with N7m, get UK admission and leave or go for healthcare visa, you won't need to go to school, you will get there and start working as school no dey your mind but na school route I believe pass. This is not a hard decision to make. Save good money abroad and you can come back to build your dream house.

Update: All these children that still receive stipends from their parents and do not even have a clue about life in Nigeria, keep quiet when adults are talking.

For those of you who say you can build house with N7m I salute your courage, carry on. It is your type that after you are given the money, the property won't get to lintel, you will start asking for more money.

For those that suggested Canada and USA, USA is the country I really have in mind but I don't deal with visa processes where I am not sure. UK is like Sweden and some other European countries, with your admission letter, your visa is sure. I don't want to get admission letter and still be denied visa. Them done deny you visa before? That is like wasting time and money.

Go to UK, be focused, get your PR and you can move to USA or Canada. So many Nigerians are at different points in their journeys to settle outside the country.
Another sensible comment
Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by Ugosample(m): 11:46pm On May 14, 2022
koning:

Give me that land in Ikorodu and relocate. They need workers in Kuwait and Qatar right now. I'm done advicing young people to stay put in Nigeria. You even see N7m sef.
On the contrary I advise every young Nigerian with the right mindset to leave the toxic environment Nigeria has become and go thrive elsewhere
Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by Ugosample(m): 11:51pm On May 14, 2022
Trumann:

Those who wanted houses, cars, domestic staff and gold thrones are probably those who went to the UK for Masters thinking it unlocks wealth. Many of them are on this thread.
An MBA in Lagos Bison School is better than most UK Masters. That's what most people don't know.
But an MBA in Lagos Business school will cost you almost the same amount if not more than some of the UK Masters

Regardless of what we say here
The truth is the country is in a mess right now

I've been back to Nigeria (temporarily) for a while now and it's been a shitshow.
The country is MUCH worse than how it was when I ran away in the first place undecided

So I'll say
Anyone who can should try out the relocation option
Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by Ugosample(m): 11:52pm On May 14, 2022
MasterofNL:

How many of the Japa people have been able to build the dream houses?
How many Nigerians can build their own houses ?
Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by Ugosample(m): 11:58pm On May 14, 2022
Gwan2:
I sometimes read threads like this, especially with regards to “Japa”, and I weep in my heart.

A nation where 80% of the most active and productive age group feels the only way they can succeed or prosper is by leaving the country is really pitiable and sad. The narrative has pervaded the whole atmosphere, that you see even someone that is moderately well off in Nigeria jumping or abandoning ship to face an unknown fate.

I don’t blame anyone, especially those with such notions, a force propelled that…but is very sad

They are not all silly
They can see the condition of things with their own eyes
Re: Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? by Solanaa: 11:49am On May 15, 2022
abuhusna1:
I will say choose travel to western world uk or Ireland should be your priority. I say this from experience all these western world can open many doors for you that you dont ever imagine as long as you can tap from the opportunityavailable around you. I travelled with 7 million with the help of my parent but today I can tell you I can boast of close to 300 million in naira cos that abroad help me fund my crypto investment as I buy it weekly for almost 1 year from 2019 and all of it grew all of the sudden. I wouldn't have made so much if not abroad and I also have bought house worth of 30 million cash down no building stress
Note I didn't say the work you do abroad can get you rich quick but if you are the types that taps from resources around you abroad you will make it

Boss , Nah only laptop I need for practicing embarassedcoding

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Port-Harcourt And Obio/Akpor LGAs Lockdown Begins Today (Photos) / Update On Akwa Ibom Airport Terminal Building.. Photos / 12 Most Loved Cities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.