Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. (8369 Views)

3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee / Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) / Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by claremont(m): 7:57pm On Jul 02, 2011
justwise:

Bros that is not entirely true, if u are traveling from one Schengen country to another. . u need to show your passport at the point of entry, and if your passport don't have the appropriate visa then your journey ends there. Visa-less means that u don't need to apply for visa for each Schengen country u want to visit, all u need is one visa which will allow u to visit other Schengen countries.
From my understanding, a passport is only stamped on entry or exit from the Shengen zone. After entering the Shengen zone, an individual is allowed to travel freely anywhere within the Shengen territory, and his passport/visa is not checked because internal border controls between shengen countries have been abolished. For instance, if I travel from UK to France via Germany, the only time my Shengen visa will be checked will be when I leave UK and on arrival in Germany. If I take a bus from Germany to France, nobody bothers to check for visas because I am already within the shengen zone. Na so I understand dis shengen stuff, but I could be wrong though
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by juzme: 8:22pm On Jul 02, 2011
claremont:

From my understanding, a passport is only stamped on entry or exit from the Shengen zone. After entering the Shengen zone, an individual is allowed to travel freely anywhere within the Shengen territory, and his passport/visa is not checked because internal border controls between shengen countries have been abolished. For instance, if I travel from UK to France via Germany, the only time my Shengen visa will be checked will be when I leave UK and on arrival in Germany. If I take a bus from Germany to France, nobody bothers to check for visas because I am already within the shengen zone. Na so I understand dis shengen stuff, but I could be wrong though

That is correct. There are no border controls within Schengen zone. You only get checked once. However, you may be stopped while entering another country and ask for passport or ID. Hence the need to have your passport whenever you are crossing border.
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by justwise(m): 8:30pm On Jul 02, 2011
claremont:

That maybe the case when there is a road -link btw two Schengen countries, but if u have to fly then ur passport and visa will be checked at the airport. Even with the bus journey, you could be stopped at the bus terminal and asked to show an ID.
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by claremont(m): 8:36pm On Jul 02, 2011
justwise:

That maybe the case when there is a road -link btw two Schengen countries, but if u have to fly then your passport and visa will be checked at the airport. Even with the bus journey, you could be stopped at the bus terminal and asked to show an ID.
At the airports of countries that are shengen signatories, there is a separate pathway for flights coming in from a fellow shengen country. That pathway has no border controls, though I agree that there may be random checks of passports/visas, but I think it's few and far between.
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by Nobody: 3:46am On Jul 03, 2011
claremont:

At the airports of countries that are shengen signatories, there is a separate pathway for flights coming in from a fellow shengen country. That pathway has no border controls, though I agree that there may be random checks of passports/visas, but I think it's few and far between.

Correct
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by dustydee: 2:51pm On Jul 04, 2011
Why would I want to live illegally in another man's country when I can live freely in mine. sad
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by claremont(m): 6:22pm On Apr 04, 2013
This opportunity is still wide open oh for my fellow Nigerians. Free French passport after 5 years no bi joke oh! grin
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by kennybuda: 11:07am On Apr 05, 2013
Claremont, Nigerians are afriad to receive taliban ak47 bullet straight to their forehead
claremont: This opportunity is still wide open oh for my fellow Nigerians. Free French passport after 5 years no bi joke oh! grin
;DClaremont, nigerians are afriad to receive taliban bullet forehead within their
claremont: This opportunity is still wide open oh for my fellow Nigerians. Free French passport after 5 years no bi joke oh! grin
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by dailydolar(m): 10:50am On Oct 05, 2014
claremont:
This opportunity is still wide open oh for my fellow Nigerians. Free French passport after 5 years no bi joke oh! grin
na getting visaa to france b prob no b to join cos me ready to join sef
Re: French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. by tck2000(m): 10:39am On Jun 07, 2019
it's not easy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Travellig To Nigeria On A British Passport But Without A Visa Or Nigerian Passpo / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport / Taxis In Lagos: How Profitable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.