Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,623 members, 7,823,747 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks (20340 Views)

CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days / Prosecute Soldiers Involved In Lekki Shootings, Reps Tell Buhari / Extend Lockdown For Another Two Weeks, PDP Reps Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by Temptee101(m): 9:21pm On Mar 22, 2022
House of thieves

Can anything good come out of Buhari led govt and from renowned gang of looters
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 22, 2022
O
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by Zulu2022: 9:21pm On Mar 22, 2022
WATCHOVER:

Stop been political for once let's be economical. If the use of coins was enforced prices would have been in Odd numbers not even. Like where am currently residing the price of sachet water was increased from #10 to #20 why because producers tried to make the sale fall on even but if the coins was in used in our day to day business even with the economic crisis the price would have been sold for #12 by so doing consumers won't be feeling the heat that much
clown turkey
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by Goldbw122(m): 9:21pm On Mar 22, 2022
Seriously, what are they trying to do ?
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by kerry57: 9:22pm On Mar 22, 2022
Yeye reps, while u people use dollar abi?
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 22, 2022
G
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by WATCHOVER(m): 9:22pm On Mar 22, 2022
Zulu2022:
I am a turkey
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by Mrkumareze(m): 9:23pm On Mar 22, 2022
When N50 is Al.ost usess, you re mentioning coins..leaving the important issues holding us backward
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by Medley02(m): 9:23pm On Mar 22, 2022
I'm just imagining what one can still get for N1 today... When one Maggi is N10

1 Like

Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by Bobloco: 9:25pm On Mar 22, 2022
What can ₦1 buy in today's market now. Ordinary sweets is now ₦20
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by oluwaseyi0: 9:25pm On Mar 22, 2022
WATCHOVER:
Thank God they our law makers are now beginning to feel the heat and getting sense . If the coins was still in circulation inflation rates would not have been this high. No nation economy succeeds without the coins

And what exactly is buyable with coins

Or you mean I'll use wheel barrow to push 250coins to buy 1 bag of pure water unless the government is ready to produce 100 naira single coin and above
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by Brian47(m): 9:27pm On Mar 22, 2022
When 5 naria is almost extinct.
And 10 naria can't buy anything you want to re-enforce the use of coins.
What the hell can coins buy?
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by NaijaNaWaa: 9:28pm On Mar 22, 2022
Illiterates! Naira has no value. Cost of producing each coin is more than the value of the coin. Yet these looters want it back for old time sake. Anyway, it’s the kind of advice CBN takes. Anything that’ll rake in billions in contract is welcome.
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by Fxwarrior: 9:30pm On Mar 22, 2022
ebukajay184:
IGBERETV REPORT

https://www.facebook.com/100064480731353/posts/337453155080706/

Oga o. What will 1 naira coin afford?
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by masseratti: 9:30pm On Mar 22, 2022
Can we pay them also in coins useless set of peeps... Taking us back to the stone age.
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by kendocom: 9:32pm On Mar 22, 2022
So this is the only solution you can proffer to solve inflation problems in the country. Such a low resolution from the legislators as expected
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by ahamonyeka(m): 9:32pm On Mar 22, 2022
This people has started again.the one that was reinforce some years back what happen to it and besides what can the coins buy now?
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by MikeBetty(m): 9:32pm On Mar 22, 2022
Las las aboki go weigh it on scale as scrab
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by westfield: 9:32pm On Mar 22, 2022
All these prices are you show you are not in Djibouti

OkpaNsukkaisBae:
nonsense and useless resolution.

A bag of satchet water is #300,
Fuel is #230 per litre,
a satchet of milk is #80,
Multichoice just announced that they will increase price for all the packages they offer starting from April 1st..

Legislative Oversight Function is no longer functioning.
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by francotunsco: 9:32pm On Mar 22, 2022
WATCHOVER:

In as much as I understand your pains and your heart to make this country better, I must say that enforcing the use of the coins and cutting off wastage will bring back the economy to fitness, the #5 and #10 would be useful, the 1000 naira note will be limited but will only be available to Importers and exporters, you will see the magical boost the economy will experience
In as much as i always want to maintain my cool online. I think this your post lacks sense! Use of coins will encourage use of N5 and N10?
Also, N1000 will be available for importers and exporters? That's silly!
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by Neymessi: 9:35pm On Mar 22, 2022
1kg of gas is ,#800quote author=OkpaNsukkaisBae post=111265999]nonsense and useless resolution.

A bag of satchet water is #300,
Fuel is #230 per litre,
a satchet of milk is #80,
Multichoice just announced that they will increase price for all the packages they offer starting from April 1st..

Legislative Oversight Function is no longer functioning. [/quote]
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by WATCHOVER(m): 9:36pm On Mar 22, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

And what exactly is buyable with coins

Or you mean I'll use wheel barrow to push 250coins to buy 1 bag of pure water unless the government is ready to produce 100 naira single coin and above
Because you rejected the coins made your bag of pure water to go as high as #250. Mind you that does not mean that there will not be #100,#200 note just that product will not be sold on 100% percent increase.
Pure water you were buying #5 for one sachet but later it went to #10 that's 100% increase but if the coins was still in circulation it would be sold for between #6.50k - #8 at most
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by R2bees2: 9:36pm On Mar 22, 2022
When #50 naira is almost becoming useless and you want to reintroduce coins? that one na dustbin e go end up
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by Naijanascam: 9:36pm On Mar 22, 2022
Meaningless.....5naira and 10naira are becoming worthless due to nothing can be bought with them these days.... and you are talking about coins ......
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by tubolancer(m): 9:38pm On Mar 22, 2022
These people have lost it o. May God help us in this country.
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by Eastcaostboy: 9:38pm On Mar 22, 2022
ebukajay184:
IGBERETV REPORT

https://www.facebook.com/100064480731353/posts/337453155080706/
Nice one that a good innovation. That is the only way to bring down inflation. They should bring them back to 1kobo
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by porthouse7(f): 9:40pm On Mar 22, 2022
na only Nigeria no dey use coins for africa
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by emmy512: 9:41pm On Mar 22, 2022
Good developement. If you dont understand the benefits dont hate it. I think someone explained it better
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by WATCHOVER(m): 9:43pm On Mar 22, 2022
francotunsco:

In as much as i always want to maintain my cool online. I think this your post lacks sense! Use of coins will encourage use of N5 and N10?
Also, N1000 will be available for importers and exporters? That's silly!
I understand that my explanation might sound too local to you but let me tell you that 100% increases in price or hyperinflation is as a result of not using the coins, a sachet of water that was sold for #5 later increased to #10 that is 100% increase but if the coins was still in circulation it would be sold for #6. 50k but because the manufacturer knows that there are no coins they try to sell at even making inflation rates rise very fast

2 Likes

Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by godofuck231: 9:44pm On Mar 22, 2022
Start with lekki toll gate ,3 naira per vehicle , let's see who is who

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrive Abuja From Washington D.C (photos) / Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Issues 7-day Ultimatum.. / Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.