Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,912 members, 7,828,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks (20346 Views)

CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days / Prosecute Soldiers Involved In Lekki Shootings, Reps Tell Buhari / Extend Lockdown For Another Two Weeks, PDP Reps Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by Caleycashh: 11:11pm On Mar 22, 2022
Very useless country!
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by biomedics(m): 11:13pm On Mar 22, 2022
And buy what with coins?

We will be carrying it in wheelbarrow
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by smsinnigeria(m): 11:27pm On Mar 22, 2022
All these dummies that called themselves house members are very clueless,always treating the symptoms leaving the cause. The hyper inflation we are experiencing can it be control by the reintroduction coins ? Instead of proffering practical solution to resusitate the coma economy they will soon choke to death. Is it by force to raise a motion?
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by Cmanforall: 11:29pm On Mar 22, 2022
BKayy:
Even if you like, reinforce "stones" a failed economy is a failed economy
Don't mind them!
There are measures that could be put in place that would make buyers and sellers value their 1Naira. Not this their by force attitude

smsinnigeria:
All these dummies that called themselves house members are very clueless, always treating the symptoms leaving the cause. The hyper inflation we are experiencing can it be control by the reintroduction coins ? Instead of proffering practical solution to resusitate the coma economy they will soon choke to death. Is it by force to raise a motion?

One of the problems of Nigeria. Next election it will be same cycle of individuals that will be elected. If the House of representatives can be made to earn same as grade 11 or 12 civil servants, Nigerians will know those really passionate to make favourable laws,
and not a means to enrich themselves

1 Like

Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by doublecross(m): 11:36pm On Mar 22, 2022
Misplaced priority! How many coins can get you a cup of garri now? Morons
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by harmony75: 11:41pm On Mar 22, 2022
This is good for the economy... Imagine mkt women rejecting the coins?! It should be enforced or else the economy is as good as dead already!
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by SeriouslySense(m): 11:45pm On Mar 22, 2022
Their heads are filled with water.
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by annisy(f): 11:57pm On Mar 22, 2022
Coins, 5naira and 10naira note are all foreign currency in Nigeria if you doubt me take any of them to the market and see if it can buy anything

1 Like

Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by ufumes2: 11:59pm On Mar 22, 2022
WATCHOVER:

Stop been political for once let's be economical. If the use of coins was enforced prices would have been in Odd numbers not even. Like where am currently residing the price of sachet water was increased from #10 to #20 why because producers tried to make the sale fall on even but if the coins was in used in our day to day business even with the economic crisis the price would have been sold for #12 by so doing consumers won't be feeling the heat that much
But if your arguement is correct why does fair get increased in multiples of 50 naira and not 5naira that is still in circulation. why is 5 and 10 naira denomination appearing extinct already even though they are readily available. I think the inflation is playing a greater role
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by BillionKnights: 12:03am On Mar 23, 2022
[quote author=WATCHOVER post=111276349][/quote]
ok
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by Frezhkid10(m): 12:05am On Mar 23, 2022
AntiBeEmCe:
Lol.. How na? When the naira continues to lose value; the 5-50 naira can hardly buy anything now in nigeria? These people are clowns.
it is not as if it cannot buy anything but because it is not available people think its valueless. This preposition by the rep is highly recommended by me as it will help slow down inflation.
I went to the market to get some stuffs only for me to price a dozen of superbite and I was told it costs 600naira..that is 50naira per one as cost price.
but the aboki and every other person sells the same gala for 100naira per one making 100% profit each. If you inquire why so, they will tell that shey nah dem go they find change up and down...so they rather sell it at the next easily available naira note which is 100naira.
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by willian10: 12:06am On Mar 23, 2022
hamedollar:
When #10 and #20 have been coming useless, these old fools are there discussing about coins.
Make na no worry, #100 will soon become the lowest denomination
If you are wise enough, you will understand that purewater would not jump from n10 t0 N20. that small change alone affects a lot of things
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by Dybala11(m): 12:34am On Mar 23, 2022
WATCHOVER:

Bringing back the coins + sound price regulation will boost the economy, reduce inflation and hardship
But even our #5 and #10 denominations are useless na??
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by EMIOMOADEOYE: 12:51am On Mar 23, 2022
Sometimes I wonder if this person are even aware of the problems facing Nigeria

They keep coming out as a clueless bunch

How does the use of coins make things better?

Will coins make inflation go down or will that make the price of rice or beans go down in the market?

If the coin denominations had value then there would be no need to start enforcing the use of coins

It will be used naturally without the need for coercion

=====================================
PS: Click here to discover the easiest way to start making as much as N100k - N500k per week from pressing your phone

https://mrniyi.com/start/
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by yemmywesey(m): 1:17am On Mar 23, 2022
Is this muda lawal calling himself a leader or rep member. Instead he should sponsor a bill on how to pair naira to bitcoin, naira to Ethereum, naira to gold , naira to lithium etc, or redenominating the naira .
I don't blame him, cause this is just the avenue to make almajiris life more miserable.
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by Nyanabo(m): 1:18am On Mar 23, 2022
If a country develops by the amount of motion moved in the legislative arm, I'm sure Nigeria would be in the leagues of USA, China and the rest undecided.
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by FireUpNow(m): 1:30am On Mar 23, 2022
These reps members are daft because they don't know how much damage inflation and external borrowing have done to this country not to talk of import based economy.
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by sadaxxx: 1:42am On Mar 23, 2022
It's like they use Tramol before speaking @ the house of reps.
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by oluwasegun007(m): 1:53am On Mar 23, 2022
I can't remember the last time I saw N5 and N10.

Una one tear my pocket with coin.
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by TenQ: 2:29am On Mar 23, 2022
WATCHOVER:
Thank God they our law makers are now beginning to feel the heat and getting sense . If the coins was still in circulation inflation rates would not have been this high. No nation economy succeeds without the coins
The neglect of coins is simply because of the massive inflation.
How many N1 coin will buy you a single sweet or biscuit in Nigeria: money is supposed to be a convenience in use
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by AdeniyiA(m): 2:31am On Mar 23, 2022
Coins? Why are these people so useless and detached from the real yearnings of the people. When 5 and 10 Nairas can rarely buy anything, is it coins that would buy something in this Buhari-destroyed economy?
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by waldigit: 2:42am On Mar 23, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
nonsense and useless resolution.

A bag of satchet water is #300,
Fuel is #230 per litre,
a satchet of milk is #80,
Multichoice just announced that they will increase price for all the packages they offer starting from April 1st..

Legislative Oversight Function is no longer functioning.
I hope these people are normal Sha?
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by AFONJAPIG(m): 3:21am On Mar 23, 2022
And what could coins buy in current Nigeria Even higher notes are becoming useless and waste under the watchful eyes of these clowns kiss
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by BigBashiru: 4:03am On Mar 23, 2022
ufumes2:
But if your arguement is correct why does fair get increased in multiples of 50 naira and not 5naira that is still in circulation. why is 5 and 10 naira denomination appearing extinct already even though they are readily available. I think the inflation is playing a greater role

Its the higher denomination that causes the inflation.
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by francotunsco: 4:22am On Mar 23, 2022
WATCHOVER:

I understand that my explanation might sound too local to you but let me tell you that 100% increases in price or hyperinflation is as a result of not using the coins, a sachet of water that was sold for #5 later increased to #10 that is 100% increase but if the coins was still in circulation it would be sold for #6. 50k
Well, i am not oblivious of your import. But, you must admit that the percentage increase of comodities in Nigeria is in double digits, sometimes 100%.
Prices in Nigeria dont rise or attempt to rise in the coins region. Razor blade rose from N10 to N30! Coins couldn't have helped! N5, N10, N20 are available yet soft drinks rose from N100 to N150. That's 50% increase! Coins couldn't have helped there!

Note that at the filling station where fuel sells for N162.50, buyers dont buy per litre, people buy round figure, so they get all the value for their money!
The rising inflation is as a result of other factors such as high operation costs.
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by francotunsco: 4:33am On Mar 23, 2022
The call is dumb! It shows the astronomical level of our legislator's ineptitudeness! The aboki on my street doesnt collect N5 denomination. He couldnt have hated N5 for no reason, none of his stocks sells at N5! shocking! Even sweet hover around N12.5 and N20!
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by WATCHOVER(m): 4:53am On Mar 23, 2022
francotunsco:

Well, i am not oblivious of your import. But, you must admit that the percentage increase of comodities in Nigeria is in double digits, sometimes 100%.
Prices in Nigeria dont rise or attempt to rise in the coins region. Razor blade rose from N10 to N30! Coins couldn't have helped! N5, N10, N20 are available yet soft drinks rose from N100 to N150. That's 50% increase! Coins couldn't have helped there!

Note that at the filling station where fuel sells for N162.50, buyers dont buy per litre, people buy round figure, so they get all the value for their money!
The rising inflation is as a result of other factors such as high operation costs.
If you had coins working if you decide to buy 3Litresfuel in that your small keeg#162.50k that will be #162. 50 ×3Litres= #487.5 if you take #500 to the filling station, your change will be #12.50 which you is far better than using the whole #500 to buy cause that change you will be giving can be used for other purposes
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by skywalker240(m): 6:06am On Mar 23, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The last time I used a coin in Nigeria was at a native doctor's place in Ugbiyoko.
I don't see myself using one except a herbalist demands for it.

But it's amazing how we use the Pence and Cents effortlessly but have a problem using the kobo.

by ugbiyoko, you meant ekewan road benin city?

you can stop by anytime you come to ekewan, i can host you.
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by Allisgud: 6:24am On Mar 23, 2022
I just remember those old days memory I used to buy gari #2 groundnut #2 sugar #1 and u can't finish it at once those days when u will buy rice #10 beans and plantain #10 meat #5 and ur plate go fill up,this country don pkafuka
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by pestrolus2002(m): 9:51am On Mar 23, 2022
In developed countries where coins are being used, coins can buy a lots of things especially edibles and for transportation. E.g for UK the highest denominations you can easily see around most times is 20 pounds, that 20 pounds if you want to enter a bus 98% of time the driver will not have change.
In our country 10 Naira can't even buy anything.
No sensible government make 1000 naira note and allow is to flow up and down in the street.
We are not yet there..

Before you can enforce coins then 50 kobo, 1naira will be able to purchase things, by that time there won't be any need for enforcement
Re: Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks by Padipadi(m): 10:03am On Mar 23, 2022
saintjimos:
Which coin ?

BITCOIN ?
That's nice

Enaira ?
That's rubbish
lol.
Mass is insane

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Appoints Jim Ovia As Chairman Of The Nigerian Education Loan Fund / There Are Too Many Presidential Jets, Other Stories By Delemomodu / Minimum Wage: Ngige Says FG Has Commenced Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.