Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Christians What Is This Prophesy About? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians What Is This Prophesy About? (570 Views)

As Christians, What Does It Truly Mean By No Sex Before Marriage? / Help! This Prophesy Won't Let Me Settle Down / TB Joshua's Prophesy About Zimbabwe Military Coup & Robert Mugabe's Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians What Is This Prophesy About? by haekymbahd(m): 7:00am On Mar 23, 2022
Zephaniah 3:9-10
King James Version
9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord, to serve him with one consent.

Which pure language has God given to his worshippers all over the world?

a) Arabic

b) tongues

c) Greek

d) English

f) give your answer
Re: Christians What Is This Prophesy About? by nellyelitz(m): 7:39am On Mar 23, 2022
haekymbahd:
King James Version
9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord, to serve him with one consent.

a) Arabic

b) tongues

c) Greek

d) English

f) give your answer
read up the pretext and the post text there u'll understant the context better. I think the prophesy was about the manifestation of Christ and tongue will be right. s
Re: Christians What Is This Prophesy About? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 7:43am On Mar 23, 2022
haekymbahd:

King James Version
a) Arabic
b) tongues
c) Greek
d) English
f) give your answer

First of all before you can understand what God is saying in this verse you have to know the purpose of "ONE DIVINE LANGUAGE"

When God created the earth the entire human family speak just one language {Genesis 11:1} but due to the fact that Satan is in their midst he is manipulating their thoughts so that he is ruling them successfully by making them go against God's divine purpose for the earth which is the people must scatter to all the corners of the earth and in order to discover all it's potentials and make good use of it! Genesis 1:28 compare to Genesis 9:1

But because Satan don't know how he can rule the earth when they are scattered he made them think it's good for them to build just one city and remain in the same place! Genesis 11:4

So in order for God's purpose to be fulfilled He (God) sent an angel to CONFUSE their language so that they can't UNDERSTAND one another, only two or three persons are able to understand the same language after the confusion. This is how they left that city and began travelling each person with the one who can understand his language! Genesis 11:8

Now what is God's purpose for bringing back a unified language?

For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord, to serve him with one consent. Zephaniah 3:9

Because the name of the true God has to go round the globe through the teachings of Jesus Christ of Nazareth {John 17:6, 26} God's worshipers must be recognized by the FRUIT of God's Holy Spirit {Matthew 7:16-18} which qualities are LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS
and SELF-CONTROL! Galatians 5:22-23

So if LOVE, JOY and PEACE should reign in the midst of the worshipers of the true God then there must be UNDERSTANDING in their midst, that's why Jesus prayed for God's will to be done among his disciples by saying:

“I make request, not concerning these only, but also concerning those putting faith in me through their word, so that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us, so that the world may believe that you sent me. I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one. I in union with them and you in union with me, in order that they may be perfected into one, so that the world may know that you sent me and that you loved them just as you loved me. John 17:20-23

After Jesus' ascension to heaven God's Holy Spirit was dispensed on Jesus' disciples at Pentecost so that his Jewish disciples began speaking all the languages of visitors that came to Jerusalem that day! Act 2:2-4

This is to prepare their minds that people will come from all over the earth and form one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers globally! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

So it's not just any language my friend but the language that will make them worship as one family so that killings due to politics and racism will no longer happen in the gathering of God's children! Psalms 46:9

May you have PEACE!

From MaxInDHouse.

Re: Christians What Is This Prophesy About? by haekymbahd(m): 8:21am On Mar 23, 2022
nellyelitz:
read up the pretext and the post text there u'll understant the context better. I think the prophesy was about the manifestation of Christ and tongue will be right. s
How does tongue fits a pure language which God gives his worshippers to all serve him with one consent when they do not even understand each other...

1 Corinthians 14:14-16
New International Version

14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful. 15 So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my understanding; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my understanding. 16 Otherwise when you are praising God in the Spirit, how can someone else, who is now put in the position of an inquirer,[a] say “Amen” to your thanksgiving, since they do not know what you are saying?

What is the name of God in tongues?

How do all his worshippers serve him with one consent when they don't even understand themselves?
Re: Christians What Is This Prophesy About? by haekymbahd(m): 8:32am On Mar 23, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:

So it's not just any language my friend but the language that will make them worship as one family so that killings due to politics and racism will no longer happen in the gathering of God's children! Psalms 46:9

May you have PEACE!

From MaxInDHouse.

So what is this pure language that your group use in serving God with one consent?
Re: Christians What Is This Prophesy About? by TAYO124: 9:04am On Mar 23, 2022
You cannot interprete that scripture with the crude method of splitting it away from other verses before and after it.

1 Like

Re: Christians What Is This Prophesy About? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:59am On Mar 23, 2022
nellyelitz:
read up the pretext and the post text there u'll understant the context better. I[b]think the prophesy was about the manifestation of Christ[/b] and tongue will be right. s

This is correct!
And now he is looking for the language/native tongues of men! grin
Re: Christians What Is This Prophesy About? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:03am On Mar 23, 2022
haekymbahd:
So what is this pure language that your group use in serving God with one consent?

The language God has always used to speak but men never listen!
Re: Christians What Is This Prophesy About? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 10:12am On Mar 23, 2022
haekymbahd:

TRUTH that makes us have the same line of thought globally!
MaxInDHouse.
Re: Christians What Is This Prophesy About? by haekymbahd(m): 10:22am On Mar 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

The language God has always used to speak but men never listen!
I thought you agreed that the language was tongues, was it ever in use in the old testament?
Re: Christians What Is This Prophesy About? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:34am On Mar 23, 2022
haekymbahd:
I thought you agreed that the language was tongues, was it ever in use in the old testament?

Nope! I Never said anything about The language being tongues. I said you are obviously looking for the tongues of men which will take you no where near God.
Re: Christians What Is This Prophesy About? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 12:03pm On Mar 23, 2022
If an Hausa man wants to communicate with an Igbo man and both of them can't understand each other's language that's when they need a language that's common e.g. (English or Pidgin) and the evidence of their UNDERSTANDING is PEACEFUL coexistence between the two.
So in the case where they agree to speak any language but they can't cohabit peacefully then something is wrong somewhere.
Satan is the one who made people raise weapons against one another back then since they failed to understand one another while he (Satan) wants to rule over them.
So whatever makes people agree to speak a language yet still carrying weapons against one another then Satan is the one behind the scene misleading them! Revelations 12:9

From MaxInDHouse.
Re: Christians What Is This Prophesy About? by nellyelitz(m): 1:55pm On Mar 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

This is correct!
And now he is looking for the language/native tongues of men! grin
thank u brother, i saw the direction he was going and know he has a preconceived mindset that was why ignored him.b
Re: Christians What Is This Prophesy About? by AntiChristian: 6:02am On Mar 24, 2022
Why many Languages?

Bible says in Genesis 11:1-7
1 Now the whole world had one language and a common speech. 2 As men moved eastward, [a] they found a plain in Shinar [b] and settled there.
3 They said to each other, "Come, let's make bricks and bake them thoroughly." They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. 4 Then they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves and not be scattered over the face of the whole earth."
5 But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower that the men were building. 6 The LORD said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

Allah says in Surah 30:22
And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours. Lo! herein indeed are portents for men of knowledge.

According to the Bible, the difference in languages was a plot from God who felt jealous and afraid when He saw men speaking the same language.

Allah says in the Quran that the difference in languages is a miracle, and not a curse. Allah does not plot jealously against humans. All humans cannot do anything against the will of Allah and can neither harm nor benefit the Almighty Allah whether they speak one language or not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians What Is This Prophesy About? by NNTR: 6:57am On Mar 24, 2022
haekymbahd:
King James Version

a) Arabic
b) tongues
c) Greek
d) English
f) give your answer
Zephaniah 3:9
'Indeed, then I will return my people to a pure language
so that they all may call upon the name of the LORD, serving him with a united will.
'

Genesis 4:26
'Seth also fathered a son, whom he named Enosh.
At that time, profaning the name of the LORD began
.'

When you hear someone say, you are speaking my language. What they effectively and in fact are saying, is that, you're using the same language (e.g. English, French, Greek, Arabic et cetera) as them, and furthermore, meaning, you're communicating with them in a way that makes them easily understand and agree with you

It wasnt just ordinarily departing further and further west away alone from God, that man was doing soon after the fall, but its at Genesis 4:26b, that man had the gall to begin call upon the name of of the Lord, so just to curse, pollute, defile and/or profane God, but with Zephaniah 3:9, God was promising that He will return man back so that man will return to speak His language, meaning, speak a language that both will understand and agree with each other

God was going to return man, to a pure way of speech, for man to better verbally express his thoughts and feelings

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

Re: Christians What Is This Prophesy About? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:01am On Mar 24, 2022
AntiChristian:

All humans cannot do anything against the will of Allah and can neither harm nor benefit the Almighty Allah whether they speak one language or not.
So your Allah just choose to put some people inside HellFire forever for it's pleasure even when this can't do anything to hurt it's feelings.
Well your Allah differs from our Jehovah, so speak about your Allah while we speak about our Jehovah then wait and see which appeals to reasonable and peaceloving individuals smiley
Re: Christians What Is This Prophesy About? by AntiChristian: 8:11am On Mar 24, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

So your Allah just choose to put some people inside Hell Fire forever for it's pleasure even when this can't do anything to hurt it's feelings.
Well your Allah differs from our Jehovah, so speak about your Allah while we speak about our Jehovah then wait and see which appeals to reasonable and peace loving individuals smiley

You chose to beat about the bush! Jehovah actually plotted because He felt jealous and afraid when He saw men speaking the same language.

He had to split them! If you believe this in your Bible why can't you believe hell for disbelievers?
Re: Christians What Is This Prophesy About? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:40am On Mar 24, 2022
AntiChristian:

You chose to beat about the bush! Jehovah actually plotted because He felt jealous and afraid when He saw men speaking the same language. He had to split them! If you believe this in your Bible why can't you believe hell for disbelievers?

HE created the earth for it to be inhabited {Isaiah 45:18} so whatever makes Satan keep them in one location will surely hinder humans from fulfilling their God's given assignment “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.” Genesis 1:28

This has nothing to do with jealousy but smartness, immediately that happened they left the city and scattered throughout the earth just as God purposed. Genesis 11:1-9

Lesson learned!
Jehovah can make His will happen without uttering a word, all He needs to do is change something mankind is used to.

As for HellFire it makes no practical sense because God created humans to glorify Himself so sustaining the same creatures under eternal torment brings Him no glory.

Our JEHOVAH is a happy God not a sadist! 1Timothy 1:11 smiley
Re: Christians What Is This Prophesy About? by AntiChristian: 9:27am On Mar 24, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

HE created the earth for it to be inhabited {Isaiah 45:18} so whatever makes Satan keep them in one location will surely hinder humans from fulfilling their God's given assignment “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.” Genesis 1:28

This has nothing to do with jealousy but smartness, immediately that happened they left the city and scattered throughout the earth just as God purposed. Genesis 11:1-9

Lesson learned!
Jehovah can make His will happen without uttering a word, all He needs to do is change something mankind is used to.

Stop it!
Genesis 11:5-7
But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower that the men were building. The LORD (Jehovah) said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

As for HellFire it makes no practical sense because God created humans to glorify Himself so sustaining the same creatures under eternal torment brings Him no glory.

Our JEHOVAH is a happy God not a sadist! 1Timothy 1:11 smiley

Yes, He is so happy! Yet he punishes sins till the fourth generation, abi?
Yes, He is so happy! Yet He creates Calamity as well as Prosperity!
Yet, He killed all Job's family and destroys all he had on Satan's request?

But He can't punish with hell as He is not a sadist! He can send people, animals to be killed!
Re: Christians What Is This Prophesy About? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:58am On Mar 24, 2022
AntiChristian:

Stop it!
Genesis 11:5-7
But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower that the men were building. The LORD (Jehovah) said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."
Their plan to remain in one portion of the earth contradicts what he purposed for them. wink

AntiChristian:

Yes, He is so happy! Yet he punishes sins till the fourth generation, abi?
Yes, He is so happy! Yet He creates Calamity as well as Prosperity!
Yet, He killed all Job's family and destroys all he had on Satan's request?

But He can't punish with hell as He is not a sadist! He can send people, animals to be killed!

Punishment is for those that followed their evil parent's footsteps. So if you choose to be good Jehovah will postpone the punishment until any of your children takes to the path of their evil ancestors then Jehovah will bring the due punishment upon that one.
So he will not pay a good person with evil all because your parents are evil.
Do you now get it? wink
Re: Christians What Is This Prophesy About? by AntiChristian: 10:07am On Mar 24, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Their plan to remain in one portion of the earth contradicts what he purposed for them. wink
Where does that portion of the Bible state this?

Punishment is for those that followed their evil parent's footsteps. So if you choose to be good Jehovah will postpone the punishment until any of your children takes to the path of their evil ancestors then Jehovah will bring the due punishment upon that one.
So he will not pay a good person with evil all because your parents are evil.
Do you now get it? wink

You are the one refusing to get it. What evil did Job do? If Jehovah punishes by drowning! By destruction of Sodom & Gomorrah! By many different kinds of killings in the Bible, How is hell different?
Re: Christians What Is This Prophesy About? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:46am On Mar 24, 2022
AntiChristian:
Where does that portion of the Bible state this?
I quote for you but because you're so much overwhelmed with your Islamic mindset you couldn't grasp it.
God purposed that mankind spread across the globe {Genesis 1:28} so their plan to remain in one portion of the earth goes contrary to what God planned for them! Genesis 11:4

AntiChristian:

You are the one refusing to get it. What evil did Job do? If Jehovah punishes by drowning! By destruction of Sodom & Gomorrah! By many different kinds of killings in the Bible, How is hell different?

Satan wanted to tempt Job so all the evil that happened to the virtuous man came from Satan, please Jehovah don't tempt people with evil! James 1:13
As for all those destroyed by Jehovah He did so out of LOVE to protect the good ones not to get back at them, their destruction is the same as sending them back to the dust where they will no longer be able to hurt anyone neither will they feel anything afterwards! Ecclesiastes 9:5-10

(1) (Reply)

The Dark World Of Megachurches / Why The Noah's Ark Story Is So Stupid. / My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.