Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders (15804 Views)

2023: There Is Serious Corruption Going On In Labour Party - Abayomi Arabambi / 2023: There Is No Division In PDP, Atiku Insists / 2023: There Are Plots To Keep Presidency In The North –prof. Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by TheBeat: 11:40am On Mar 23, 2022
It's all about politics. The only way APC will retain power is to hand it to South South candidate. This would make them win votes from SS/SE and even SW (they wouldn't have any practical option). The only moral place to cede the ticket is SE but this is politics, the party is not strong there. SW has no moral right to ask for presidency now but they have positioned themselves well for the ticket. The truth is that no single region can win presidency. Voting blocks in Nigeria remains North/SE-SS/SW. Any of the two combined would defeat the third.
The SW media wing is actually pushing Igbos to demand for presidency from PDP and Igbos shouldn't fall for this. Reason is this, apart from the bad blood caused by IPOB, APC is the incumbent party. Why would APC Kaduna leave APC candidate to vote for PDP SE candidate. A SW presidency means a longer wait for SE (16years).

The political move SE can make now is to join forces with Northern PDP and win 2023. Build bridges and position themselves for 2031. Be ready to get jabs on nairaland from SW that Igbos are only good for vice presidency or are Fulani slaves. Don't be moved by these. That's the only solution and Yorubas played it in 2015. A Yoruba candidate wouldn't have stood a chance against any SS/SE candidate of PDP in 2015 as the incumbent party would have deployed their machinery to crush them. They wouldn't also stand a chance if PDP is incumbent party in 2031 with an Igbo presidential candidate.

This is the truth an Igbo with his emotional part wouldn't want to hear or a cunny Yoruba wouldn't want people to know.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by mrvitalis(m): 11:41am On Mar 23, 2022
PressMyButton:

The zoning positions had already been made or are you leaving in a cave?

https://www.nairaland.com/6041615/presidency-2023-support-power-shift
Support power shift is different from there was a zoning agreement

Power shift is basically Because any sensible person knows power should touch every region to keep Nigeria together
Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by obinoral1179(m): 11:47am On Mar 23, 2022
PresidentAtiku:
Tinubu WILL NEVER BE PRESIDENT...

KNOW THIS, KNOW PEACE
Tell us how after being a former VP, .Atiku became the highest employer of labour in Adamawa just after 8 years in office and he was a custom officer before then... please tell us how he makes his money...
Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by kingyakos: 11:49am On Mar 23, 2022
Fighting dirty has started, expect dirty trash from dirty mouth of a dirty tribe

1 Like

Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by farem: 11:57am On Mar 23, 2022
oilPUSSY:
When I saw them dancing shamelessly on this thread below just because of fake news I wasn't surprised how stewwwpid they could be ...

Desperate urchings!

https://www.nairaland.com/7017048/apc-zones-presidency-south-west#110793011

First of all, the word CEED doesn't exist in English language. Please change it to CEDE.
I will come back, let me sip water �..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by LZAA: 11:59am On Mar 23, 2022
cktheluckyman:
The SW are the most greedy gro-political region in Nigeria.Bunch of hypocritical folks
The f.ools don't have a clue of how the north operate
Can't blame them tho
Na politics dem dey use chop
Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by MonkeyMods(m): 12:01pm On Mar 23, 2022
oilPUSSY:
When I saw them dancing shamelessly on this thread below just because of fake news I wasn't surprised how stewwwpid they could be ...

Desperate urchings!

https://www.nairaland.com/7017048/apc-zones-presidency-south-west#110793011

I know who you mean but sha make I nor talk grin
Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by LZAA: 12:02pm On Mar 23, 2022
TheBeat:
It's all about politics. The only way APC will retain power is to hand it to South South candidate. This would make them win votes from SS/SE and even SW (they wouldn't have any practical option). The only moral place to cede the ticket is SE but this is politics, the party is not strong there. SW has no moral right to ask for presidency now but they have positioned themselves well for the ticket. The truth is that no single region can win presidency. Voting blocks in Nigeria remains North/SE-SS/SW. Any of the two combined would defeat the third.
The SW media wing is actually pushing Igbos to demand for presidency from PDP and Igbos shouldn't fall for this. Reason is this, apart from the bad blood caused by IPOB, APC is the incumbent party. Why would APC Kaduna leave APC candidate to vote for PDP SE candidate. A SW presidency means a longer wait for SE (16years).

The political move SE can make now is to join forces with Northern PDP and win 2023. Build bridges and position themselves for 2031. Be ready to get jabs on nairaland from SW that Igbos are only good for vice presidency or are Fulani slaves. Don't be moved by these. That's the only solution and Yorubas played it in 2015. A Yoruba candidate wouldn't have stood a chance against any SS/SE candidate of PDP in 2015 as the incumbent party would have deployed their machinery to crush them. They wouldn't also stand a chance if PDP is incumbent party in 2031 with an Igbo presidential candidate.

This is the truth an Igbo with his emotional part wouldn't want to hear or a cunny Yoruba wouldn't want people to know.
When they tell u people to learn from history you will refuse
Igbos have produced two vp's and a head of state
All different individuals
Obasanjo aside yorubas have been pushed aside and distrusted by the north
Keep playing this dangerous game
The north will clear una eyes
Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by Ugonna62: 12:03pm On Mar 23, 2022
seunmsg:
The SW has never demanded for the ceding of the party’s ticket to the zone. Our position is in-line with the position of the Southern governors forum. The presidency should come to the south and all interested southerners should compete for it. It is that simple and straightforward.

Vanguard and those sponsoring this kind of unfounded report should give it a rest. They have lost already. APC presidential ticket is going to the south and the SW will contest for it.

The SE should join Wike and other reasonable SS governors to make the same demand in PDP and stop trying to play the role of a bitter and scorned spoiler for the rest of the south.
If all the noise for return of power to the south is for tinubu or any yoruba man to emerge president,then i can tell you for free that power will remain in the north for a very long time.if the proponents for shift of power to the south are sincere and fair enough they should also agree that it must be south east,
Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by Sent87: 12:13pm On Mar 23, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

It sucks to come from Mkpuru Mniri region

Leave everyday wailing and show us your candidate, the agreement is between entire North swapping with entire South.. it's an APC sharing formula not backed by law

Atiku , Tambuwal and Saraki had all declared yet you keep shut like someone high on cheap drugs, but when it comes to Southwest the wailing startsd

Just for records sake, I'm not from the south east. But I'm a concerned Nigerian.
Aren't you worried that an old man after this current disaster would want to rule Nigeria again?
What's wrong with the youth of this generation? General Buhari first ruled Nigeria when he was barely 33 years old, are we saying the youth of today are so useless and directionless that they still need old men to hold them by their hand?
Who bewitched Nigeria and her youth?

1 Like

Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by PresidentAtiku(m): 12:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
obinoral1179:
Tell us how after being a former VP, .Atiku became the highest employer of labour in Adamawa just after 8 years in office and he was a custom officer before then... please tell us how he makes his money...
After you tell me how Tinubu became richer than Osun State
Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by stasius: 12:19pm On Mar 23, 2022
North will rule again and continue ruling until south get sense.

If the major contestants in this election are Tinubu(except any other person from South West) and somebody from the North, see what will happen.

South West will vote Tinubu
South South will vote the Northern candidate
South East will vote the Northern candidate
North East will vote Northern Candidate(trust them)
North West will vote Northern Candidate.
North Central will voter Northern Candidate.

Now tell me how Tinubu will win.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by Donclaracuzo: 12:19pm On Mar 23, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

It sucks to come from Mkpuru Mniri region

Leave everyday wailing and show us your candidate, the agreement is between entire North swapping with entire South.. it's an APC sharing formula not backed by law

Atiku , Tambuwal and Saraki had all declared yet you keep shut like someone high on cheap drugs, but when it comes to Southwest the wailing starts

In other words ,the skull miners have shown tinubu as their candidate. Suffering is a disease.
Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by Alphagan(m): 12:20pm On Mar 23, 2022
mrvitalis:

Certainly not do they want to lose ? But the greed of south west is open to all

Yaradua was from the NW

Buhari is equally from NW

Tambuwal, a N/westener has declared his intention.

You are blind to that or too cowardly to voice it out?

Vote whosoever you like, it is your inalienable right but trying to blackmail a group from exercising their franchise is nonsensical.

Do your worst boy!!

NW will contest
SW will contest
SS, NE and NC will equally join the race.

1 Like

Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by Alphagan(m): 12:24pm On Mar 23, 2022
Donclaracuzo:

In other words ,the skull miners have shown tinubu as their candidate. Suffering is a disease.

Who is your candidate?

Let us compare notes!!

Tinubu just like others is eminently qualified.

In fact, in terms of track record, BAT is more capable than all the bunch who have so far shown interest in the entire SE. Feel free to disagree with facts and figures, not tantrums laced with emotions.

1 Like

Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by adelaja70(m): 12:28pm On Mar 23, 2022
oilPUSSY:

They want to create an Impression that there is no Igbo or Igbos don't have a stake in APC..

I just dey pity this people..

@ the bolded that one is certain.. They are known for opposition since time immemorial..
Whenever I see them flexing muscles I will just be laughing..

Some if them think Nigeria started in 2015
You people are shameless.
Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by Donclaracuzo: 12:30pm On Mar 23, 2022
First. Have you accepted that skull miners candidate is tinubu. Moreover , all the aspirants from south east are better than the ancestor you are packaging for nigeriians both in academic and public administration.

Alphagan:

Who is your candidate?

Let us compare notes!!

Tinubu just like others is eminently qualified.

In fact, in terms of track record, BAT is more capable than all the bunch who have so far shown interest in the entire SE. Feel free to disagree with facts and figures, not tantrums laced with emotions.
Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by adelaja70(m): 12:31pm On Mar 23, 2022
Ugonna62:
If all the noise for return of power to the south is for tinubu or any yoruba man to emerge president,then i can tell you for free that power will remain in the north for a very long time.if the proponents for shift of power to the south are sincere and fair enough they should also
agree that it must be south east,
5 percenters dey shake their small yansh... Lmao!!!!
Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by Alphagan(m): 12:35pm On Mar 23, 2022
Donclaracuzo:
First. Have you accepted that skull miners candidate is tinubu. Moreover , all the aspirants from south east are better than the ancestor you are packaging for nigeriians both in academic and public administration.

Public administration that made SE the poverty capital of the south?

Public administration that has made SE the least habitable region in the south because of insecurity?

Public administration that has made a state like Ebonyi to have a lower GDP than Ekiti?

Your best will score zero where BAT achievements are being highlighted

1 Like

Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by Donclaracuzo: 12:41pm On Mar 23, 2022
Alphagan:

Public administration that made SE the poverty capital of the south?

Public administration that has made SE the least habitable region in the south because of insecurity?

Public administration that has made a state like Ebonyi to have a lower GDP than Ekiti?

Your best will score zero where BAT achievements are being highlighted

I will respond to you after work. Not a jobless person like you. I am based in the region that you claimed to be the poorest in Nigeria
Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 23, 2022
oilPUSSY:

Before a yoruba man begin to dream about becoming a number one citizen in this country since Nigeria was created, Igbos have occupied and tested those positions in the past ( Both military and civilian rule)
if we must go bck to old days..

You must be a toddler because you don't read and you don't know your history...

Smh

I see one big APC candidate slump and die b4 primary election...

I no wish anyone dead o.. but I saw this coming... Mark my words
Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by TheBeat: 12:45pm On Mar 23, 2022
LZAA:

When they tell u people to learn from history you will refuse
Igbos have produced two vp's and a head of state
All different individuals
Obasanjo aside yorubas have been pushed aside and distrusted by the north
Keep playing this dangerous game
The north will clear una eyes
Don't be smart by half. Igbos have only Alex Ekwueme as VP. If you are referring to Ebutu Ukiwe, chief of staff to IBB, then why are you not mentioning OBJ, Babafemi and Oladipo Diya? There's no honor in clamouring for Yoruba presidency now. But if you only see is as political chess then there's nothing wrong in Igbos joining North for the same political chess play in 2023. Any person duller than Buhari is an slowpoke. How you played a smart one against southern interest by joining forces with a coup plotter who is unintelligent to dethrone Jonathan. This wasn't done out of patriotism but simply a tribal thing for selfish gain. Again you are rubbing it on our faces by bringing up an old weak Tinubu to continue from where this failure started. Igbos are shouting now but all of us will pay the price. A loaf of bread is not cheaper in Ekiti state today. All of us are facing it together. Yaradua is from Katsina but he wasn't hated by Igbos. Yemi Osibanjo is not hated by Igbos. Atiku is not hated by Igbos. If Tinubu is good, Atiku is better.
Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by Mooh247: 12:54pm On Mar 23, 2022
Sent87:

Just for records sake, I'm not from the south east. But I'm a concerned Nigerian.
Aren't you worried that an old man after this current disaster would want to rule Nigeria again?
What's wrong with the youth of this generation? General Buhari first ruled Nigeria when he was barely 33 years old, are we saying the youth of today are so useless and directionless that they still need old men to hold them by their hand?
Who bewitched Nigeria and her youth?

Shut the fvck up... Age without governing experience is another Yeye Bello in the making

Nobody stopped experienced youth who are serious so don't wail over Tinubu's ambition without providing a better alternative

1 Like

Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by LZAA: 1:04pm On Mar 23, 2022
TheBeat:

Don't be smart by half. Igbos have only Alex Ekwueme as VP. If you are referring to Ebutu Ukiwe, chief of staff to IBB, then why are you not mentioning OBJ, Babafemi and Oladipo Diya? There's no honor in clamouring for Yoruba presidency now. But if you only see is as political chess then there's nothing wrong in Igbos joining North for the same political chess play in 2023. Any person duller than Buhari is an slowpoke. How you played a smart one against southern interest by joining forces with a coup plotter who is unintelligent to dethrone Jonathan. This wasn't done out of patriotism but simply a tribal thing for selfish gain. Again you are rubbing it on our faces by bringing up an old weak Tinubu to continue from where this failure started. Igbos are shouting now but all of us will pay the price. A loaf of bread is not cheaper in Ekiti state today. All of us are facing it together. Yaradua is from Katsina but he wasn't hated by Igbos. Yemi Osibanjo is not hated by Igbos. Atiku is not hated by Igbos. If Tinubu is good, Atiku is better.
Bro we are saying the same thing grin
Now is the time to get it right

1 Like

Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by yetunsbay(m): 1:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
cktheluckyman:
The SW are the most greedy gro-political region in Nigeria.Bunch of hypocritical folks
Na where u work u go chop.
How SW greedy ?
Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by yetunsbay(m): 1:19pm On Mar 23, 2022
cktheluckyman:

If the SW are contesting why should the North not contest?
u Sabi read ? Presidency should come to South.
North resembles South to you ?
Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by cktheluckyman: 1:22pm On Mar 23, 2022
yetunsbay:
u Sabi read ? Presidency should come to South.
North resembles South to you ?
Stop shouting south when you actually mean SW
Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by emmykk(m): 1:35pm On Mar 23, 2022
wwwihy:
[s][/s]

You guys are cowards and Fulani slaves

PDP forms are out.... at least you guys worship PDP for 23 years....now is your turn.... but alas cowardice will not allow you guys buy forms

When they worship PDP there for 23years is olusegun Obasanjo and igbo man?

The power is going to south south.
The president and his cabal will not give it to Yoruba or Igbo.
Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by MikoB: 2:00pm On Mar 23, 2022
perambulator:
As a Yoruba man I have no problem with Someone like Amaechi as President, I have said it many times of the 23 years of this current republic, a Yoruba man has been there for 15 so far. I am not really disposed towards Osibanjo, he is trying to reap where he hasn’t sown, to me it is disloyal and immoral especially for a man who claims to be a pastor. I won’t get up and vote for him let’s put it that way. I would vote for Tinubu simply because of the role he played in APC or if it becomes an attack against the SW and he is the one on the ticket and I would vote for Amaechi. I will not enter inside the sun and waste my Saturday to vote for Osinbajo come rain come sunshine in the same way I sat at home both times rather than vote for Buhari. For me to leave my house to vote for you I must believe in you or a greater cause.

My ideal choice is Amaechi/ El rufai

You are a liar! Who cares if you don't vote osinbajo, shebi you claimed you were not even supporting tinubu that you were saying what people in power telling you, you will soon go back to your hiding shell, I hate people condemning others, imagine you saying osinbajo is ungrateful, how? All over the world the practise is that they give the VP, right of first refusal. Nonsense
Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 23, 2022
MikoB:

You are a liar! Who cares if you don't vote osinbajo, shebi you claimed you were not even supporting tinubu that you were saying what people in power telling you, you will soon go back to your hiding shell, I hate people condemning others, imagine you saying osinbajo is ungrateful, how? All over the world the practise is that they give the VP, right of first refusal. Nonsense

If you had any brains you will see where i said left to me I want Amaechi/Elrufai on the ticket, i have said it many times if you read my posts. I also said, Tinubu deserves the presidency because he has earned it (that does not mean I am a fan of his) but I will vote for Tinubu if it becomes a SW issue. If you read my post history i have criticised Tinubu many times but I have always acknowledged that in politics he has no equal!!!

Vps are given right of 1st refusal when they earned their position as VP. Osinbajo was nominated to be VP from nowhere, nobody knew him as a place holder knowing full well that Tinubu was coming to collect the ticket in 10 yearsnow he wants to backstab his principal.

My stance on Osinbajo is not about whether I am for Tinubu or not, it is a question of honour. He is an ingrate, he is a snake, he has no integrity, he is disloyal, he is greedy, he is a disgrace to what the church should represent and I will never vote for him!!! the bottom line is he will never even get the ticket anyway because he doesnt have support in the party to get the ticket!!!

I will never support treachery and betrayal.
Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by fregeneh(m): 2:16pm On Mar 23, 2022
perambulator:
As a Yoruba man I have no problem with Someone like Amaechi as President, I have said it many times of the 23 years of this current republic, a Yoruba man has been there for 15 so far. I am not really disposed towards Osibanjo, he is trying to reap where he hasn’t sown, to me it is disloyal and immoral especially for a man who claims to be a pastor. I won’t get up and vote for him let’s put it that way. I would vote for Tinubu simply because of the role he played in APC or if it becomes an attack against the SW and he is the one on the ticket and I would vote for Amaechi. I will not enter inside the sun and waste my Saturday to vote for Osinbajo come rain come sunshine in the same way I sat at home both times rather than vote for Buhari. For me to leave my house to vote for you I must believe in you or a greater cause.

My ideal choice is Amaechi/ El rufai

Osinbajo want to reap where he did not sow,really?!
Re: 2023: There Was No Pact To Ceed The Presidency To South West - APC Leaders by Osaze007: 2:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
Did I not push for both Apc and pdp to push to east ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? / Owerri Market Traders Block Imo Government House, Demand Audience With Governor / Buhari Reshuffles Permanent Secretaries And Accounting Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.