Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,992 members, 7,814,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend (1918 Views)

I Don't Want To Help My Brothers / My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help / My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by Toolady(f): 9:07am On Mar 23, 2022
Permit me to go into details.
pls I need mature response
After my NYSC last year, my cousin brother invited me to come stay with him so he could look for a job for me or try fix me somewhere.

I was grateful and moved over to stay with him, due to the new environment I didn't know anyone and he was the only friend I had, we talk and do almost everything siblings could do together, earlier January he had a girlfriend and I was happy as she became the second friend I had in this new state, in fact my friendship with her was even closer than that of my brother.
But later along the line the closeness between I and my brother wasn't as it was again, I come back home in the evening and most times I don't see him and began missing his presence.

This isn't even the problem, the problem is that I subconsciously started seeing his girlfriend as my rival which I wasn't suppose to.
2days ago, I prepared a meal for us but he didn't come back home and I ate it alone, I came back home yesterday and found out the pot of soup is gone and pot was washed clean, I was sure he has eaten, so when he came back, he told me he came with her in the afternoon and they ate, I quickly flared up and talked to him in a tone I wasn't suppose to, his girlfriend tried to calm me down and I told her to mind her business as this is family issue, she felt bad and left the house, came back hours later with groceries, cooked meal and left, that's was when it occurred to me that I haven't been good to her and made my emotions got the better of me, I tried to apologize to my brother but i still feel so bad and really don't know how to approach his girlfriend and apologize, I was sure I can't loose my brothers friendship, but I also don't wish for any bad relationship between I and his girlfriend due to my emotions

please I just need mature advice, that's why I bought it to family section

Mods please I don't need this on FP, I just want to make it less public
Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by dawnomike(m): 9:16am On Mar 23, 2022
Toolady:
After my NYSC last year, my cousin brother invited me to come stay with him so he could look for a job for me or try fix me somewhere.

I was grateful and moved over to stay with him, due to the new environment I didn't know anyone and he was the only friend I had, we talk and do almost everything siblings could do together, earlier January he had a girlfriend and I was happy as she became the second friend I had in this new state, in fact my friendship with her was even closer than that of my brother.
But later along the line the closeness between I and my brother wasn't as it was again, I come back home in the evening and most times I don't see him and began missing his presence.

This isn't even the problem, the problem is that I subconsciously started seeing his girlfriend as my rival which I wasn't suppose to.
2days ago, I prepared a meal for us but he didn't come back home and I ate it alone, I came back home yesterday and found out the pot of soup is gone and pot was washed clean, I was sure he has eaten, so when he came back, he told me he came with her in the afternoon and they ate, I quickly flared up and talked to him in a tone I wasn't suppose to, his girlfriend tried to calm me down and I told her to mind her business as this is family issue, she felt bad and left the house, came back hours later with groceries, cooked meal and left, that's was when it occurred to me that I haven't been good to her and made my emotions got the better of me, I tried to apologize to my brother but i still feel so bad and really don't know how to approach his girlfriend and apologize, I was sure I can't loose my brothers friendship, but I also don't wish for any bad relationship between I and his girlfriend due to my emotions

Lalasticlala mynd44
Send her your apology via text message and kindly get yourself in positive distractions... Think about your lovely cousin and not ruin your his happiness

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by Zonefree(m): 9:16am On Mar 23, 2022
I'll advice you die that nonsense feelings you're developing for your cousin. Go and get your own boyfriend and leave another girl's boyfriend alone!

18 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by lilvicky68(m): 9:21am On Mar 23, 2022
You are just jobless and lonely.

Go and make new friends

7 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by Toolady(f): 9:22am On Mar 23, 2022
Zonefree:
I'll advice you die that nonsense feelings you're developing for your cousin. Go and get your own boyfriend and leave another girl's boyfriend alone!
I wasnt developing feelings for my cousin
Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by Ahmed0336(m): 9:25am On Mar 23, 2022
angry

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by Zonefree(m): 9:26am On Mar 23, 2022
Toolady:
I wasnt developing feelings for my cousin

.the problem is that I subconsciously started seeing his girlfriend as my rival which I wasn't suppose to.

Wasn't developing feelings but you started seeing his girlfriend as your rival.

I'm tempted to call you olosho, but, I'll let that slide.

3 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 23, 2022
hmm
The commenter below me has something to sayundecided

Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by Toolady(f): 9:30am On Mar 23, 2022
Zonefree:

[b][/b]
Wasn't developing feelings but you started seeing his girlfriend as your rival.

I'm tempted to call you olosho, but, I'll let that slide.
I wasn't developing feelings for my brother.
I was loosing the friendliness that exist between us.
U know what, just forget

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by Haakeem(m): 9:34am On Mar 23, 2022
Girl! You need a serious bashing...
mynd44 sir, don't mind her, this is a front page stuff.
Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by ImaIma1(f): 9:48am On Mar 23, 2022
Your cousin better not get married with you still in that house. This one that you are already getting angry that a grown man spends time with his girlfriend. Someone that is housing you for free.

Allow your cousin to build his life with a good woman and stop trying to get in the way. Start making other friends so that your life doesn't centre around him.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by Zonefree(m): 10:02am On Mar 23, 2022
Toolady:
I wasn't developing feelings for my brother.
I was loosing the friendliness that exist between us.
U know what, just forget
Your brother is not your friend... Go outside and look for friends, leave another girl's boyfriend alone.

5 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by Ishilove: 10:28am On Mar 23, 2022
You seem the possessive type. Please, he is your blood relative and relatives have their positions in our life. He loves you with a different kind of love that he has for his girlfriend, so competing with the girlfriend for his affections is a sheer waste of time because you have your position and she has her own position in his life, and these two can never intersect. You cannot take each other's places.

You need to find things to distract you instead of mothering, and smothering your cousin. Know this and have peace.

5 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 23, 2022
Toolady:

Why don't you just kuku introduce your cousin brother to one of your female friends, so he can break up with his girlfriend and definitely that would give you a good chance for you to fully manipulate and posses your brother.

It's a win-win right? He will be all yours by then lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by Jjuuddee(m): 11:05am On Mar 23, 2022
From my experience. ...you feel that way out of loneliness and idleness...first of if you can't facially apologise to her then do it across the phone via text or calls...she will definitely come around after that....secondly which is important is that you engage your self in other activities and people..try going out for a change...if not you will continue to have same feelings and probably develop resentment and hate for her....
Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by bukatyne(f): 11:53am On Mar 23, 2022
Toolady:

I applaud the fact you are self-aware to know your behavior & feelings are wrong and you seek to correct them.

You are too possessive of your cousin because of one or more reasons:
1.He is the only friend you have;
2. You are naturally possessive in love e.g. my bestfriend must only be friends with me/ my boyfriend must like only me/my roommate must not smile with someone else etc.
3. You are naturally jealous in love; similar to the above
4. You build your world around the person/people in your life i.e. you can't entertain yourself or get a life outside the person.

Do a deep retrospection and decipher the cause of the animosity you feel towards your cousin's girlfriend among the reasons above and others I did not mention.

Also get new hobbies and make new friends. If your town is safe and you have the means, you can also google up tourist attractions around you and visit.

Also apologize to your cousin's girlfriend and control yourself whenever the animosity arises again.

P.S.: What's with cousin's sister & cousin's brother I see a lot on this forum?

Relationships are derived from the parents and not the offsprings. So, whatever relationship is derived through a parent applies to all their offsprings.

4 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by Beremx(f): 1:11pm On Mar 23, 2022
This one you’re living with your cousin, I dey suspect you sha. Hope you’re not making sexual advances towards your cousin? This one you dey jealous cousin babe. Cousins of this generation can’t be trusted.
Shebi the other time I read on NL where a female cousin was dressing seductively towards her cousin?

It is well o!
Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 23, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 23, 2022
Jealousy

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by Mindlog: 3:12pm On Mar 23, 2022
It is high time you move out from cousin's place as your stay there has become unhealthy.
Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by UDUJ(m): 4:00pm On Mar 23, 2022
Beremx:
This one you’re living with your cousin, I dey suspect you sha. Hope you’re not making sexual advances towards your cousin? This one you dey jealous cousin babe. Cousins of this generation can’t be trusted.
Shebi the other time I read on NL where a female cousin was dressing seductively towards her cousin?

It is well o!

My thoughts exactly

cc: Toolady
Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by Saintmary(f): 10:12pm On Mar 23, 2022
Toolady:

First, I don't pray to meet an in-law like you.

Secondly, start traveling home periodically, like once a month, so you can give their love a breathing space, and so you can find your own love.

Go to church, get busy.
Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by ecolime(m): 7:02am On Mar 24, 2022
Don't tell me you are lusting after your cousin shocked

Also, you need to get a job real fast and move the hell out of his place.

Na help the guy dey help you, don't repay him with evil and toxicity.
Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by Richy4(m): 7:35am On Mar 24, 2022
cheesy Rivalry is not a better way to express how you were feeling to avoid unflattering comments and remarks like the ones you were getting right now... However, I understand u perfectly...

U are lonely, U needed a companion.. your cousin filled those vacuum at that time... Now he wants to move on to build a family ( possibly) and u kind of missed the attention, talking/ laughing like the good old times.....(This is an attribute of a mother and an only son syndrome smiley )

I will suggest that you look for something that will occupy your time and mind as well... I won't advice that u go man hunting... Do something like exercise, read some books, go around submit so CVs. Hopefully something great will come your way..

Good luck..
Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by emmanuelbrown26: 7:39am On Mar 24, 2022
Zonefree:
As simple as that, she really need a boy friend right now, that's what can solve this whole problem. Baby girl u gat no problem at all, just go out their make boy friend
Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by Karleb(m): 7:41am On Mar 24, 2022
"cousin brother" again for God sake! sad cry

What you are exhibiting is witchcraft!

Funny enough, na your type be pepper dem gang.

Leave the young couple alone, let them enjoy love.
Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:06am On Mar 24, 2022
I keep seeing this English "my cousin brother". What exactly does "my cousin brother" means? I thought cousins are either male or female, so one should just say "my cousin (a guy) or my cousin "a female". Why do people in the east* like making this statement?
Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by Stevenbright(m): 8:18am On Mar 24, 2022
Toolady:

Just define your relationship with him as being siblings and leave at that always.
Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by ImaIma1(f): 9:00am On Mar 24, 2022
Saintmary:

First, I don't pray to meet an in-law like you.

Secondly, start traveling home periodically, like once a month, so you can give their love a breathing space, and so you can find your own love.

Go to church, get busy.

Thank God she is not his sister. She would just act like a bone in the girl's throat because she's jealous of the attention her brother gives her.
Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by Angelacruz: 9:36am On Mar 24, 2022
Get urself a boyfrd
Toolady:

Re: Help: I Am Becoming Jealous And Antagonistic Towards My Brothers Girlfriend by ImaIma1(f): 10:22am On Mar 24, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
I keep seeing this English "my cousin brother". What exactly does "my cousin brother" means? I thought cousins are either male or female, so one should just say "my cousin (a guy) or my cousin "a female". Why do people in the east* like making this statement?

I only hear/see it here and it's really annoying. You keep hearing cousin brother/cousin sister.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OF NAIRALAND, IT IS EITHER FEMALE COUSIN OR MALE COUSIN. THIS TREND OF "COUSIN SISTER/COUSIN BROTHER" SHOULD DIE NOW!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can U Take Ur Wife's Sister As A Second Wife? / Should He Divorce Her? / Men: Can You Marry A Women That Is Richer Than You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.