Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,751 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help (44327 Views)

My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business / Man Batters Amputee Nursing Wife, Sends Her And Baby Away (photos) / Wife Sends Photo Of Her Drunk Husband Who Slept In The Toilet To Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by StilmaVsBorn2w: 8:16am On Sep 21, 2022
This is so embarrassing to say, I would never advise a man to be so sluggish in life. It pains my heart having to experience this several times but since he is an elderly bro that senior me very far I can't put my mouth in his family affair because of this.

I went to visit my brother yesterday, was surprised while we were seated in the parlour... the wife told her husband to go check if the woman selling provision is back.

This wasn't the first time, my brother stood up and went.. I was looking at her the whole time, she was looking at me. The anger was so deep but there is nothing I can do.

They are different instances I can give but no need for that...All I just want to say it's not good to be that calm type of guy.

This is not about being the bread winner of the house, my elder brother is doing very well for himself so is his wife.

As a man, it's just not good to be quite always or be quiet all the time.. gentlemanly. I just don't know how to say it.

Guys what do you think?

144 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by fulaniHERDSman(m): 8:19am On Sep 21, 2022
Na waa!
First find out from whose pocket the dowry and money for their wedding came from.
Also find out who bought the chair you sat on while doing your observing.
Most women are like that. Amplifying every little stake!

383 Likes 22 Shares

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by wordbank(m): 8:19am On Sep 21, 2022
Your brother be like person wey go dey tie wrapper for chest
Tell am to hustle else she go troway him television outside with him one day cheesy

253 Likes 23 Shares

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by Romanoff(f): 8:20am On Sep 21, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:
This is so embarrassing to say, I would never advise a man to be so sluggish in life. It pains my heart having to experience this several times but since he is an elderly bro that senior me very far I can't put my mouth in his family affair because of this.
I went to visit my brother yesterday was surprised while we were sitted in the parlour... the wife told his husband to go check if the woman selling provision is back. This wasn't the first time, my brother stood up and went..I was looking at her the whole time, she was looking at me..the anger was so deep but theys nothing I can do.
They are different instances I can give but no need for that...All I just want to say it's not good to be that calm type of guy.

Nlfpmod

Stay out of their business. If your brother ever complains to you that his wife treats him badly and he's not happy, then you can give him advice.

If not, stay out of married people's business.

As long as she's not disrespectful to the man, stay out of their business.

Them go soon settle their issue turn am for your head.

534 Likes 22 Shares

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by madridguy(m): 8:25am On Sep 21, 2022
They don collect trouser from your elder brother give him wrapper grin grin grin

This is problem of majority of men of this era, forming woke " westernization ". Wetin even concern me.

162 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by Cypress042(m): 8:25am On Sep 21, 2022
shocked

Sorry to say this though

Your senior bro is a big SiMp

Try and sit him down whenever you go there again and encourage him to take the Red pill to avoid further simping.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by Abfinest007(m): 8:56am On Sep 21, 2022
Doing well for himself but if u go deep d woman may be d source of his wealth.

Two things na involve either them do snack am spiritual two by two

Or d woman owns every

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by madridguy(m): 9:08am On Sep 21, 2022
As if you will be cool seeing your son roaming about for a woman.

Romanoff:

Stay out of their business. If your brother ever complains to you that his wife treats him badly and he's not happy, then you can give him advice.

254 Likes 19 Shares

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by NoahHadNoArk: 9:12am On Sep 21, 2022
Like if u believe the brother does all the laundry and cooking too grin grin grin

167 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by Romanoff(f): 9:17am On Sep 21, 2022
madridguy:
As if you will be cool seeing your son roaming about for a woman.

What goes on in my son's house will be non of my business as long as he is happy.

Reminds me of the lady who said her MIL walked in on her husband giving her head and went and called village meeting that she has spoiled her son and that's not how she raised him.

People should learn to mind their business.

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by mariahAngel(f): 10:06am On Sep 21, 2022
To be honest, your brother's wife disrespected her husband by sending him on such an errand in your presence.
She belittled her own husband.
Couples should learn to treat each other with respect, especially in front of others.
Show others how to respect your spouse.

Op, as much as it hurt you to see that, try to stay out of it. It is their business.
Also, that should not stop you from respecting your elder brother.

236 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by Nemesis0147(m): 10:14am On Sep 21, 2022
Romanoff:

will you be comfortable seeing your elder brother in such situation?
Let’s be logical and unsentimental when contributing to issues like this please.

Have a nice day XX

126 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by DaInferno(m): 10:20am On Sep 21, 2022
Lai lai... I go chook my bro yarns grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 21, 2022
grin

6 Likes

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by Romanoff(f): 10:25am On Sep 21, 2022
Nemesis0147:
will you be comfortable seeing your elder brother in such situation?
Let’s be logical and unsentimental when contributing to issues like this please.

Have a nice day XX

What is my business with how my brother chooses to be with his wife?

If I'm happy in my own house, why I go dey pokenose for matter wey them no call me?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by Gloriagee(f): 10:27am On Sep 21, 2022
But its Ok for him to send her on errands, okwaya? You have no idea what goes in their home so mind your own business . She could be pregnant or your brother could be trying to make peace over something he did wrong...you truly dont know

StilmaVsBorn2w:
I went to visit my brother yesterday was surprised while we were sitted in the parlour... the wife told his husband to go check if the woman selling provision is back. This wasn't the first time, my brother stood up and went..I was looking at her the whole time, she was looking at me.the anger was so deep but theys nothing I can do.
This is not about being the bread winner of the house, my elder brother is doing very well for himself so his is wife.
As a man it's just not good to be quite always or be quiet all the time.. gentlemanly.I just don't know how to say it.
Guys what do you think?

Nlfpmod
Mynd44

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by Richy4(m): 10:31am On Sep 21, 2022
If that kind of arrangement works for them in their household great,...I know it doesn't work like that in many household...
As long as he wasn't complaining.. assuming he was, he would have changed it..

But OP, what was she doing when she was dishing out such instructions?...

This is the kind of situation that we all pray to have reasonable girl child as siblings...Ladies have ways of settling this kind of disrespect..
Assuming OP was a woman,... I doubt she would have ignored her...As the brother left for that errand, there would have been some exchange of words...Some female siblings will attack like dogs that even real dogs will be proud..

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 21, 2022

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by RightToReject(m): 11:38am On Sep 21, 2022
Most of you've got a poor/absurd concept of respect. Even if your brother is the sole breadwinner in their union, I don't see how a wife sending her husband on a just errand (a wife expecting/reminding her husband to be diligent) amounts to disrespect to him.

Like in this scenario here, telling him to go and check whether the woman that sells provisions is back showed that there was a pre-existing arrangement between the husband and the provisions seller. So, I wonder how she erred by reminding her husband to strive to bring the arrangement to fruition. And don't tell me that you had expected her not to send such a request to her husband because of your presence, citing that you're a brother-in-law and obviously wasn't having some kind of formal deliberation with him.

Eschew needless pride.

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by frozen70(f): 1:51pm On Sep 21, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:
I went to visit my brother yesterday was surprised while we were sitted in the parlour... the wife told his husband to go check if the woman selling provision is back. This wasn't the first time, my brother stood up and went..I was looking at her the whole time, she was looking at me.the anger was so deep but theys nothing I can do.
This is not about being the bread winner of the house, my elder brother is doing very well for himself so his is wife.
As a man it's just not good to be quite always or be quiet all the time.. gentlemanly.I just don't know how to say it.
Guys what do you think?

Nlfpmod
Mynd44

Your brother is not complaining

If he can't see anything wrong with that

Then let them be before his wife will start having family problems with you and yours

Mind your business

10 Likes

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by Karleb(m): 1:52pm On Sep 21, 2022
There are men who are on their kneels right now, begging a woman to collect 500k but she's insisting on more or nothing.

Blame the man. The way you present yourself is the way people will accept you.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by seanwilliam(m): 2:20pm On Sep 21, 2022
If I were you , I will talk. Doesn’t matter wether my brother is ok with it or not , but I will register my opinion instantly and she must tell me the reason she had to do that. If it’s reasonable enough , I’ll let it slide… and tbh, I doubt if any of my brothers’ wives can do this in my presence . I’m not bragging .

I get bad mouth and I don’t think any of them will try to tackle me, I rarely visit anyone , but if I visit them once , respect too much ( dem fit Dey fake am, I no care ).

All these signs are always there but your brother is blinded by love ..
Most of these girls possess that character , na u no go gree,
I remembered the day I went out with my girl to super market, we just started dating, we bought stuff and I paid, was pressing my phone and she wanted to hand over one of the bags to me to hold , I told her to put it on my head. Everyone was laughing and she felt embarrassed. I was praying she would bring up the matter again when we reach house, wetin she Fõr hear that day . If you no fit carry am drop am for ground! When no be something wey heavy.. even if it’s heavy, na me supposed tell you to bring am no be you go tell me.. Rubbish!

Anyway I’m an honest vendor who
buys all gift cards and funds( cashapp, greendot, PayPal,zelle, Moneycard skrill,perfect money , Neteller,money gram , western union etc) And WeChat payment all @ your rate

85 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by etrange: 2:21pm On Sep 21, 2022
OP, you can't just use your own idea of what is ideal to judge other people's happiness. You don't know the couple's love language. You don't know what tickles the woman's fancy or what turns the man on. You don't know the specific situation that led to the man being the person to go down that specific street to that specific shop at that specific time. All you saw was that your brother was sent on an errand. Unfortunately for you, you can't just walk in there and tell them how they should be married. It's not your marriage and if you're not happy with what you see, leave thier house for them. When you get married and your wife asks you to help with such things, kick her out. Your brother did not complain to you.

You are upset to see that he went out to check something for his own wife. The fact that this wife might be the one doing the cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc all became irrelevant because the man went out to see if a shop is open. You're probably living in the past, but let your own wife bear the consequences of that. Please, don't use your own toxic masculinity to spoil another man's home.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by Acidosis(m): 2:28pm On Sep 21, 2022
That's bad. The fact that she had to do it in your presence is completely embarrassing. But context is everything...

There's a difference between:

"Honey...baby...please I'm stressed.. can you help out with this and that on the next street?"

AND

"Oya bia, go collect change from iya shakiru" *with a straight face*

If my sister in-law uses the first context, I would even volunteer to run the errand. For the second context, we will surely have problems.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by NemoDatQuod(m): 2:36pm On Sep 21, 2022
Potential home wrecker. Who sent you? What is your business?
Go and find your own wife and marry and live with her as you both please.

Leave your brother and his wife to carry on as best suits them.

"It pained you so much". Something that is none of your business and has nothing to do with you, pained you so much. Amebo. To think that you are a man . Men usually mind their business and go about their hustle for their daily bread. Imagine if you were a woman. You would have set your father's family on fire by now before targeting your brother's family.

Go and hustle and ask God to bless your hustle. Leave your brother and his family alone. If and when your brother feels there is something wrong with his wife's behaviour, let him take care of it himself.

Don't go visiting that couple again and keep your big mouth shut and don't go telling tales to other members of your family.

Amebo . What do they even call a full grown man who won't mind his business?

StilmaVsBorn2w:
Guys what do you think?

Nlfpmod
Mynd44

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by Richy4(m): 2:46pm On Sep 21, 2022
etrange:
OP, you can't just use your own idea of what is ideal to judge other people's happiness. You don't know the couple's love language. You don't know what tickles the woman's fancy or what turns the man on. You don't know the specific situation that led to the man being the person to go down that specific street to that specific shop at that specific time. All you saw was that your brother was sent on an errand..

In as much as I wanted to agree with you but her attitude is inexcusable.. she was wrong.. her husband can do chores around the house but that kind of errand is just downgrading him to a junk status in the presence of his siblings. I don't care about their financial status..

She will not die if she does honey can I speak with you privately kind of thing..I believe that OP did not just drop inside their household unannounced... She can always hide the fact that she was wearing the bigger trouser instead of doing it Infront of his siblings..

As far as I am concern, that errand was not an emergency... She can always do that herself since the husband was with his siblings or she can wait for them to go.. Opening her mouth and even saying the reason why the man must get up while he was with his siblings was just a no no...I believe the husband will never send her for an errand if she was with her siblings..

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by NemoDatQuod(m): 2:52pm On Sep 21, 2022
I wish I were female in this instance and your sister in-law. You will talk?
I will put strong pepper in your mouth and you will explain to me what you are doing in my house, let alone asking me to explain myself to you. I am not married to you. I am married to your brother. Because I tolerated your presence in my house, you then have the audacity to ask me questions about my family affair.

Most of you need to have your heads examined. Really!

You don't understand the concept of boundaries and privacy. She owes you nada! and your own brother also owes you no explanation with regards to his relationship with his wife.

It seems most people in that Nigeria are mad in one form or the other. You wake up, dust your seat pants, go to someone else's home and start questioning her on how she relates with her husband. Come and try it here and see where you will spend the night.

It is men like you who will subject a widow to all sorts of indignities on the death of her husband, instead of having fellow feeling for her and comforting her on the loss of her closest companion. Mtchew!

seanwilliam:
If I were you , I will talk. Doesn’t matter wether my brother is ok with it or not , but I will register my opinion instantly and she must tell me the reason she had to do that. If it’s reasonable enough , I’ll let it slide… and tbh, I doubt if any of my brothers’ wives can do this in my presence . I’m not bragging .

I get bad mouth and I don’t think any of them will try to tackle me, I rarely visit anyone , but if I visit them once , respect too much ( dem fit Dey fake am, I no care ).

All these signs are always there but your brother is blinded by love ..
Most of these girls possess that character , na u no go gree,
I remembered the day I went out with my girl to super market, we just started dating, we bought stuff and I paid, was pressing my phone and she wanted to hand over one of the bags to me to hold , I told her to put it on my head. Everyone was laughing and she felt embarrassed. I was praying she would bring up the matter again when we reach house, wetin she Fõr hear that day . If you no fit carry am drop am for ground! When no be something wey heavy.. even if it’s heavy, na me supposed tell you to bring am no be you go tell me.. Rubbish!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by Gloriagee(f): 3:00pm On Sep 21, 2022
kiss

NemoDatQuod:
I wish I were female in this instance and your sister in-law. You will talk?
I will put strong pepper in your mouth and you will explain to me what you are doing in my house, let alone asking me to explain myself to you. I am not married to you. I am married to your brother. Because I tolerated your presence in my house, you then have the audacity to ask me questions about my family affair.

Most of you need to have your heads examined. Really!

You don't understand the concept of boundaries and privacy. She owes you nada! and your own brother also owes you no explanation with regards to his relationship with his wife.

It seems most people in that Nigeria are mad in one form or the other. You wake up, dust your seat pants, go to someone else's home and start questioning her on how she relates with her husband. Come and try it here and see where you will spend the night.

It is men like you who will subject a widow to all sorts of indignities on the death of her husband, instead of having fellow feeling for her and comforting her on the loss of her closest companion. Mtchew!

Nigeria is backward, but it shouldn't be this backward.

1 Like

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by mariahAngel(f): 3:01pm On Sep 21, 2022
Richy4:

In as much as I wanted to agree with you but her attitude is inexcusable.. she was wrong.. her husband can do chores around the house but that kind of errand is just downgrading him to a junk status in the presence of his siblings. I don't care about their financial status..

She will not die if she does honey can I speak with you privately kind of thing ..I believe that OP did not just drop inside their household unannounced... She can always hide the fact that she was wearing the bigger trouser instead of doing it Infront of his siblings..

As far as I am concern, that errand was not an emergency... She can always do that herself since the husband was with his siblings or she can wait for them to go.. Opening her mouth and even saying the reason why the man must get up while he was with his siblings was just a no no...I believe the husband will never send her for an errand if she was with her siblings..

Thank you.

What was she trying to prove, using her husband to shine?
She could've beckoned her husband to come close, then whispered her request into his ear, but no, she had to show herself.

If she could do that in front of her husband's younger sibling, then she could probably do that in front of a random guest.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by Richy4(m): 3:06pm On Sep 21, 2022
mariahAngel:

Thank you.

What was she trying to prove, using her husband to shine?
She could've beckoned her husband to come close, then whispered her request into his ear, but no, she had to show herself.

If she could do that in front of her husband's younger sibling, then she could probably do that in front of a random guest.

When I was reading that, I was just smiling thinking about what my 2 immediate elder sisters would have done... Pitbulls would be really proud grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by mariahAngel(f): 3:08pm On Sep 21, 2022
Richy4:

When I was reading that, I was just smiling thinking about what my 2 immediate elder sisters would have done... Pitbulls would be really proud grin

Hahahahahahahaha
Re: My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help by ORAFA(m): 3:08pm On Sep 21, 2022
It's love

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? / Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story / Man Dumps Wife For Sister Inlaw, Says Her Cooking And Sex Is Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.