Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Help, I've Bitten More Than I Can Chew; Serious Investor/partner Needed. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Help, I've Bitten More Than I Can Chew; Serious Investor/partner Needed. (1813 Views)

This Is The Biggest Cat Fish I've Ever Seen / I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) / Partner Needed In River State Startup Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, I've Bitten More Than I Can Chew; Serious Investor/partner Needed. by klbakare(m): 10:37am On Mar 23, 2022
HELLO NAIRALANDERS.

please do not mind that my writings here may not be properly harmonized like a fine literary piece, but please do your best to understand everything I'm writing and ask questions. I may likely keep updating my journey on a regular basis.

08089998668 is my Whatsapp phone number do well to contact me immediately for serious business relationship

I sincerely hope to do great stuffs in the agro-industries here in Nigeria. But I'm first settling for the poultry sector where I have experience. I studied agricultural engineering, my motivation is TYSON FOODS IN THE U.S. I want to meet investors, angels and or partner who I'd also love that they have business values to offer beyond money alone e.g connections, mentorship, advisories, marketing etc. like I said earlier, I studied engineering and I suck at the theory of business, business management and administration in theory and practice. All I know is I want to achieve xyz, this is the best way to get it done from findings and trials and I have spent quite a lot of myself on this vision.

So apart from real life practice of how to get it done, the only thing I have is my lawyer to help me vet agreements and protect my interest with potential partners and investors.

I presently farm broilers at ogbomoso, Oyo state Nigeria. I'm seriously looking to process my birds as the surest way to maximize my profit. I'm presently been ripped off by cold rooms who buy dressed chicken from me, and I feel so hurt.

WHAT I ALREADY HAVE.

I have an 800 capacity deep litter broiler house
I have almost sufficient feeders, drinker although with funds, I'm looking to automate drinking with nipple drinkers
I have approx. 5 plots of land in a rapidly advancing residential dev. area.
I have a farm car that I use for logistics although its now broken down.
I have a 203litre haier thermocool freezer
I have a motorcycle
I have experience.
I have a rapidly growing customer base that I don't want to loose but I'm unable to satisfy.

WHAT I NEED

I need finance to run the farm at min 400 birds per cycle of 6-8 weeks
I need a defeathering machine
transport crate
slaughter cone
150kg digital scale
Ice block machine to freeze my product fast.
Diesel generator for power
funds to fix my car for transportation and logistic purpose.

What is the profit potential?

Our worst case presently is 20percent of total money spent on bird production per cyclce of 6-8weeeks. I have records for you to vet.
with a little bit of value addition, we can easily add another 15-to 20% to make it 35-40 % per cycle.

PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT LOOKING FOR 100K OR 50K AGROVEST KIND OF THING. I MEAN REAL INVESTORS WITH BUSINESS VALUES TO ADD TO MY LIFE AND COMPANY.

kindly digest all these information, hit me up on whatsapp, or ask questions here. I will add more info as we go on.

3 Likes

Re: Help, I've Bitten More Than I Can Chew; Serious Investor/partner Needed. by NairalandAngel(m): 7:53pm On Mar 29, 2022
klbakare:
HELLO NAIRALANDERS.

please do not mind that my writings here may not be properly harmonized like a fine literary piece, but please do your best to understand everything I'm writing and ask questions. I may likely keep updating my journey on a regular basis.

08089998668 is my Whatsapp phone number do well to contact me immediately for serious business relationship

I sincerely hope to do great stuffs in the agro-industries here in Nigeria. But I'm first settling for the poultry sector where I have experience. I studied agricultural engineering, my motivation is TYSON FOODS IN THE U.S. I want to meet investors, angels and or partner who I'd also love that they have business values to offer beyond money alone e.g connections, mentorship, advisories, marketing etc. like I said earlier, I studied engineering and I suck at the theory of business, business management and administration in theory and practice. All I know is I want to achieve xyz, this is the best way to get it done from findings and trials and I have spent quite a lot of myself on this vision.

So apart from real life practice of how to get it done, the only thing I have is my lawyer to help me vet agreements and protect my interest with potential partners and investors.

I presently farm broilers at ogbomoso, Oyo state Nigeria. I'm seriously looking to process my birds as the surest way to maximize my profit. I'm presently been ripped off by cold rooms who buy dressed chicken from me, and I feel so hurt.

WHAT I ALREADY HAVE.

I have an 800 capacity deep litter broiler house
I have almost sufficient feeders, drinker although with funds, I'm looking to automate drinking with nipple drinkers
I have approx. 5 plots of land in a rapidly advancing residential dev. area.
I have a farm car that I use for logistics although its now broken down.
I have a 203litre haier thermocool freezer
I have a motorcycle
I have experience.
I have a rapidly growing customer base that I don't want to loose but I'm unable to satisfy.

WHAT I NEED

I need finance to run the farm at min 400 birds per cycle of 6-8 weeks
I need a defeathering machine
transport crate
slaughter cone
150kg digital scale
Ice block machine to freeze my product fast.
Diesel generator for power
funds to fix my car for transportation and logistic purpose.

What is the profit potential?

Our worst case presently is 20percent of total money spent on bird production per cyclce of 6-8weeeks. I have records for you to vet.
with a little bit of value addition, we can easily add another 15-to 20% to make it 35-40 % per cycle.

PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT LOOKING FOR 100K OR 50K AGROVEST KIND OF THING. I MEAN REAL INVESTORS WITH BUSINESS VALUES TO ADD TO MY LIFE AND COMPANY.

kindly digest all these information, hit me up on whatsapp, or ask questions here. I will add more info as we go on.

I would advise that you be more specific about the actual amount of money you need and the purpose it will be put into.

You also need to provide an estimate of the personal funds you have invested in the business and the period it has been operating.

Then finally you have to be open to a funding option through loan for which you would need to offer collateral

I used to provide seed capital and investment funds to start-up businesses and small businesses which needed to scale up operations in Nigeria but I had to stop because I realised that Nigerians generally do not respect agreements, cannot be trusted with money and usually will just take you for a fool if you entrust them with money especially if there is no collateral involved

1 Like

Re: Help, I've Bitten More Than I Can Chew; Serious Investor/partner Needed. by klbakare(m): 10:59pm On Apr 10, 2022
Your submission about Nigerians is very correct. However, there are few of us who are good, honest and serious with our goals.

In the few times I've spent in agriculture, I've discovered that farmers must participate in the retail market i.e direct to consumer sales. I'm presently in a locality where I intend to dominate the broiler meat market(chicken) within the shortest time. I started producing chicken with a view to slaughter and sell to frozen food retailers. My goal was to make 500 per bird. But upon commencement, i discovered that most retailers cannot take unfrozen chicken, as they do not have power supply to freeze it (running their generator will deplete their profit, if they don't get into a loss). So i decided to deal with the cold rooms, upon getting to the cold room, the last supply i made, i have them a sample of 70kg which they took at 1400/kg while they were selling it to retailers at 1800/kg, they were making a Whooping ₦400/kg on product sold just by adding ice ooo while my own target if i hit 2kg carcass will be ₦250 per kg.

Now i have a gap of ₦400 that could be mine which would be ₦650/kg or ₦1300 per any bird that gives a carcass of 2kg. Given that scenario and a large market of frozen food retailers that are ready to take products from me if i freeze it, i added one to two and decided it's time to go big.

The equipments and the expansion plan are not stuff my bootstrapping can handle, so i need an investor immediately. Please kindly let's relate more in-depth. I will take suggestions too, but there is money to be made.

I need to buy cottage industry slaughter equipment e.g defeathering machine, slaughter cone, scalding machine, evisceration table, ice block machine, and generator. I also need to expand my capacity from 800 to about 1,500 so that afford myself shorter slaughter intervals and more coverage.

Let's work something out.
Re: Help, I've Bitten More Than I Can Chew; Serious Investor/partner Needed. by Loogunofe: 12:09am On Apr 11, 2022
You've still not stated the required amount Sir.
Good evening
Re: Help, I've Bitten More Than I Can Chew; Serious Investor/partner Needed. by klbakare(m): 7:13am On Apr 11, 2022
Good morning Sirs, the finance I'm looking to raise is 3-5m for this phase.

Re: Help, I've Bitten More Than I Can Chew; Serious Investor/partner Needed. by klbakare(m): 9:49pm On Apr 11, 2022
And @nairaland angel, i am ready to be committed to a loan and my company assets as the collateral including the ones I will procure with your funding. Let's talk further about loan tenure, interest rates etc. We can have an e-meeting, and others reading this and very interested should please get in touch.

This is 100percent legit. I'm out to make money and to stake my company for that. Also, i do hope you have other things you can add to me, like advisories, connect. Etc. You see this connect thing is very important to me. In my wanderings in life, i know there are people who would spend this same money I'm looking for on frivolities conveniently without battling an eyelid. Also, i know there are people who are interested in this line of business but can't find trust worthy, goal getter people. So if i have connect to meet people, I'm convinced people are God's solutions to problems.

3 Likes

Re: Help, I've Bitten More Than I Can Chew; Serious Investor/partner Needed. by NairalandAngel(m): 2:59pm On Apr 14, 2022
klbakare:
And @nairaland angel, i am ready to be committed to a loan and my company assets as the collateral including the ones I will procure with your funding. Let's talk further about loan tenure, interest rates etc. We can have an e-meeting, and others reading this and very interested should please get in touch.

This is 100percent legit. I'm out to make money and to stake my company for that. Also, i do hope you have other things you can add to me, like advisories, connect. Etc. You see this connect thing is very important to me. In my wanderings in life, i know there are people who would spend this same money I'm looking for on frivolities conveniently without battling an eyelid. Also, i know there are people who are interested in this line of business but can't find trust worthy, goal getter people. So if i have connect to meet people, I'm convinced people are God's solutions to problems.

It's good to see that you have finally come up with a ballpark figure of the actual amount of capital injection you need for the project you want to embark upon.

The next step would be for you to tell a prospective investor how you intend to payback the investment.

To do this you would need to provide a brief rendering of your financial statements which will show whether or not the project is financially viable.

Prepare the financial statements for the last 3 years then also prepare projected financial statements for the next 2 years which would show what you expect it to be assuming you get the cash injection you are looking for. (In the projection you will make provisions for interest and capital payments for the loan).

Make sure that you are as detailed as possible especially when preparing the actual profit and loss statement, all revenue captions must be shown e.g
Number of chickens processed,
Sales revenue for chicken sold;
Number of eggs sold,
Sales revenue from sales of eggs
Sales revenue from processing for third parties (if any)

Expenses
Here you will detail all expenses related to the business on a yearly basis for the last 3 or 4 years

Financial projections
The financial projections will prepared in the same format as your historical the only difference is that it is based on assumptions of what you expect will be the outcome of after injection of the fresh capital

Financial statements help investors make informed decisions with regard to making investment decision because he needs to see evidence of what the company has achieved in the immediate past to be sure that there is prospect before putting his/her money at risk.

Be ready to defend figures you quote in your profit and loss statement and provide proof where necessary because anyone who wants to invest will ask you questions based on them.

Good luck
Re: Help, I've Bitten More Than I Can Chew; Serious Investor/partner Needed. by yudee233: 9:42pm On Apr 15, 2022
Kindly respond to attract more Angels
Re: Help, I've Bitten More Than I Can Chew; Serious Investor/partner Needed. by klbakare(m): 10:35pm On Apr 19, 2022
Please I really apologize for slow responses. I am presently the manager, marketer, labourer, supervisor, front desk etc. for my farm. Asides that, I’ve been sick. Lastly, I’m presently dealing with a frustration about getting water on the farm. I've dug a well three times on my farm and this most recent third one just hit a rock. I'm more than tired embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
@nairalandangel, I do not have a 3 years running history to start with. Secondly, please remember when I told you I didn't study finance, I don't know how to prepare a profit trade and loss, I also don't know how to prepare so many business documents, these are part of the stuffs I'm hoping someone will teach me. However, we keep a farm record that shows input into bird production and mortality rates. It covers basic costs like DOC costs, feed costs, drugs costs, vaccination and bird survival rates etc. I don't know if that will help. We also have a record of total production cost and total turnover per set.
I'm presently on the look-out for business developers, advisers etc. whose mouth is not wide (or with interest to help entrepreneurs like me) that will help me with basic foundational stuffs for a proper business setting like the required books for book keeping, proper understanding of shareholding, large investor network etc. and also who will help me to prepare the projection documents in the formats that you have stated here.
I want to do something big and my gut tells me “just go big, if you want to be big”
Lastly, I am still ready to do debt financing against my present assets but in the meantime, I will work on a handout (I presume to get an expert) covering all those areas you have mentioned.
Re: Help, I've Bitten More Than I Can Chew; Serious Investor/partner Needed. by collele(m): 1:20am On Apr 22, 2022
klbakare:
Good morning Sirs, the finance I'm looking to raise is 3-5m for this phase.

Where's your location?
Re: Help, I've Bitten More Than I Can Chew; Serious Investor/partner Needed. by OnyeObodo: 5:28am On Apr 22, 2022
Both the person that has the thread and the person responding are one and same person. 90% certain.

Even if they are not which I know they are, people should be careful about handing over money to people like this who speak verbose English and no actual plan or content.

You may think they have sorted everything out or learnt the whole business till you give them your money. Thats when tales by moonlight start coming.

Just like he said with his other moniker "Nigerians are very terrible people and should not be trusted with money".
Re: Help, I've Bitten More Than I Can Chew; Serious Investor/partner Needed. by ibroh22(m): 8:24pm On Apr 22, 2022
OnyeObodo:
Both the person that has the thread and the person responding are one and same person. 90% certain.

Even if they are not which I know they are, people should be careful about handing over money to people like this who speak verbose English and no actual plan or content.

You may think they have sorted everything out or learnt the whole business till you give them your money. Thats when tales by moonlight start coming.

Just like he said with his other moniker "Nigerians are very terrible people and should not be trusted with money".
While you are entitled to your opinion, it’s not everywhere you open your dirty mouth to say things you yourself couldn’t provide evidence of.
This world would have been a better place if on ecery bad mouth, a padlock is hung.
If you don’t have a meaningful contribution to the thread. Keep quiet.

2 Likes

Re: Help, I've Bitten More Than I Can Chew; Serious Investor/partner Needed. by klbakare(m): 10:07pm On Apr 22, 2022
OnyeObodo:

onyeObodo, your assertions are false. not everybody is fraud like you. I wish I had all of that time to be creating several accounts here and be replying myself, I would have spent it on my content writing freelancing career. I'm too busy, I bet you don't know what it means to be busy.
Re: Help, I've Bitten More Than I Can Chew; Serious Investor/partner Needed. by klbakare(m): 10:26pm On Apr 22, 2022
collele:

Where's your location?

My Location is Ogbomoso, Oyo state.

I recently helped a Nairalander lease 60 acres of land here in Ogbomoso, he wants to cultivate maize, cassava, cucumber and plantain. He met me at my online store on jiji, where I sometimes sell agro-equipment. He's been around now, and he wants me to help him supervise the project. I'm still shilly-shally though, but all through yesterday for instance, we were deep in the hinterlands where there was no telecommunication network to show the tractor man around.

That's why the first thing I put is my whatsapp contact for people to reach me faster. I'm still very much ready to hear offers from people, I'm available for meetings, please people let's talk.

Please invest in my cottage industry and stop joining agricultural ponzis in the name of agrovest or agritech.
Re: Help, I've Bitten More Than I Can Chew; Serious Investor/partner Needed. by collele(m): 10:29pm On Apr 22, 2022
klbakare:

My Location is Ogbomoso, Oyo state.

I recently helped a Nairalander lease 60 acres of land here in Ogbomoso, he wants to cultivate maize, cassava, cucumber and plantain. He met me at my online store on jiji, where I sometimes sell agro-equipment. He's been around now, and he wants me to help him supervise the project. I'm still shilly-shally though, but all through yesterday for instance, we were deep in the hinterlands where there was no telecommunication network to show the tractor man around.

That's why the first thing I put is my whatsapp contact for people to reach me faster. I'm still very much ready to hear offers from people, I'm available for meetings, please people let's talk.

Please invest in my cottage industry and stop joining agricultural ponzis in the name of agrovest or agritech.

I wish you are in Delta or even Edo state...it would have been suitable for me... Best of luck
Re: Help, I've Bitten More Than I Can Chew; Serious Investor/partner Needed. by NairalandAngel(m): 9:26am On May 02, 2022
OnyeObodo:

I'm sure you were referring to me when you said that both the OP and the person responding are one and the person.

You even stated that you have a 90% confidence level in your wrong assertion! What a joker! grin

Ordinarily I would not have deigned to respond to you but I decided to clear the air so as to disabuse the minds of people who might be interested in offering some assistance to the creator of this thread.

Cheers!
Re: Help, I've Bitten More Than I Can Chew; Serious Investor/partner Needed. by NairalandAngel(m): 10:06am On May 02, 2022
klbakare:
Please I really apologize for slow responses. I am presently the manager, marketer, labourer, supervisor, front desk etc. for my farm. Asides that, I’ve been sick. Lastly, I’m presently dealing with a frustration about getting water on the farm. I've dug a well three times on my farm and this most recent third one just hit a rock. I'm more than tired embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
@nairalandangel, I do not have a 3 years running history to start with. Secondly, please remember when I told you I didn't study finance, I don't know how to prepare a profit trade and loss, I also don't know how to prepare so many business documents, these are part of the stuffs I'm hoping someone will teach me. However, we keep a farm record that shows input into bird production and mortality rates. It covers basic costs like DOC costs, feed costs, drugs costs, vaccination and bird survival rates etc. I don't know if that will help. We also have a record of total production cost and total turnover per set.
I'm presently on the look-out for business developers, advisers etc. whose mouth is not wide (or with interest to help entrepreneurs like me) that will help me with basic foundational stuffs for a proper business setting like the required books for book keeping, proper understanding of shareholding, large investor network etc. and also who will help me to prepare the projection documents in the formats that you have stated here.
I want to do something big and my gut tells me “just go big, if you want to be big”
Lastly, I am still ready to do debt financing against my present assets but in the meantime, I will work on a handout (I presume to get an expert) covering all those areas you have mentioned.

Sorry for not responding earlier, i have been very busy

It's good that you keep records of your expenses especially as it related to each production set

Your next step will be to translate them to annual figures which you can prepare a Profit and Loss account to present to prospective investors.

Here is how you do that:

1) You need to add up all the sales which took place in a particular year eg if you sold 7 sets in the year 2019 you need to add them up

2) Next you need to add up all the costs of the production process that was used to achieve the 7 sets in year 2019. Lets say you bought 14 bags of bird feed, you need to add up their costs. After this you add the cost of medicines, payment to a vet for that year only, cost of supplements or additives to the meals of the chickens, wages of the farm hand or the person directly involved with looking after the chickens etc. All these are referred to as direct costs.

Another important expense that could also appear here i depreciation. This is an estimate in Naira value of the wear and tear that your equipment suffers while in use in the production process

Gross Profit
This is the figure you get when you subtract the total figure for direct expenses or operational costs from the total revenue for the period under review.

3) Next come the overheads
These are expenses of a general nature but which were also incurred in running the farm.
- Espenses that will fall in here include the following
- Rent that you are paying to lease the farm
- Expenses spent on petrol to run your
- Electricity bills for the year in question
- Salaries of administrative staff eg the farm manager, driver (if any)
- Levies paid to the government
- Levies and dues paid to the farmers' association etc
Please note that this list is not exhaustive because I'm not a poultry farmer so I don't know all the expenses involved but the objective is to make sure you capture all the expenses involved

An addition of these cost will give you administrative expenses which you will subtract from the Gross Profit obtained above to get Net Profit or Net loss.

You need to prepare this report in a tabular form for at least the 3 most recent years of your operations.

Be sure to use only actual figures based on historical figures to prepare this report because any figure you quote here can be independently verified using your bank statements

(1) (Reply)

Large Quantities Of Agric Products For Sale / From Poverty To Wealth; " How To Make 500,000 Monthly From Farming". / Keeping Local Chickens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.