Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,533 members, 7,816,301 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? (979 Views)

How Can I Handle My Younger Brother / How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by adaperry25: 11:27am On Mar 23, 2022
My dad is late and I am the first son. My younger brother attends a private university and it's been from one academic problem to the other.

Long story short, he got out of school because his set and 2 sets have graduated and he's still in school. We suggested he starts afresh by enrolling him into another school but he refused that he wants to collect transcript and go to school of his choice. Collecting transcript is a herculean task as the school will give you difficult protocols to provide.

He went to my uncle's place, stayed for 2 weeks and next thing said he's travelling to a friend's place. We told him not to go anywhere but it fell on deaf ears.

He's been stubborn and its affecting the whole family. With the insecurity in the country, I'm just afraid of his safety.
Re: How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by Typicool8(m): 11:29am On Mar 23, 2022
Well seems he hasn't faced life
You can force a horse to the river but you can't force the horse to drink from it.
Leave him be because he feels he's a man, when he tastes life he'll run bk squirming
Re: How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by pyyxxaro: 11:32am On Mar 23, 2022
Castrate him , he would be calm

Thank me later cool
Re: How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by Arkadrob(m): 11:40am On Mar 23, 2022
He is lucky to have wonderful family around him. Just like the story of the prodigal son in the Bible. When life deal with him, he will return back to his senses.
Indeed life no balance.
Re: How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by SandraIkuboR(f): 11:50am On Mar 23, 2022
Re: How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by bukatyne(f): 12:46pm On Mar 23, 2022
What about your mother?
Re: How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by Richy4(m): 1:01pm On Mar 23, 2022
How old is your younger brother OP?
Re: How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by Beremx(f): 1:02pm On Mar 23, 2022
This kind pikin na God only go solve im matter.
I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by descarado: 1:39pm On Mar 23, 2022
bukatyne:
What about your mother?
Buky, try and watch something in the rain on Netflix. Have watched the drama twice.
Presently watching business contract. Said I will wait till it finish airing but the male lead is one of my all time fav. Temptation grin
Re: How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by adaperry25: 1:43pm On Mar 23, 2022
Richy4:
How old is your younger brother OP?
Re: How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by adaperry25: 1:43pm On Mar 23, 2022
bukatyne:
What about your mother?
shes also puzzled
Re: How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by sisisioge: 1:44pm On Mar 23, 2022
Brother, since he is the one that will do the runs of transcript collection, biko let him do it and hustle for admission of whichever school he wants by himself. Sometimes, these children need to be given the responsibility of making their choices and mistakes while you guide them. That way, they are better committed to seeing it work.

It is well....you are not his father but brother fa. Stop trying to run his life.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by ifeanyiatuadu: 2:13pm On Mar 23, 2022
Una dey beg am to go to school.
Seems money dey and anywhere there's money there's no problem
Re: How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by bukatyne(f): 2:22pm On Mar 23, 2022
descarado:

Buky, try and watch something in the rain on Netflix. Have watched the drama twice.
Presently watching business contract. Said I will wait till it finish airing but the male lead is one of my all time fav. Temptation grin

I couldn't finish something in the rain embarassed

The ML in Business Contract is sweet kiss kiss kiss

I loved his pettiness when he told her to re-do the White Kimchi Ravioli over & over cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by baby124: 2:22pm On Mar 23, 2022
If he does not want to hear, leave him now! Time will teach him. He will get sense by himself. By the way, not everyone is meant to go to school. You can ask him what he wants to do with his life. Maybe learning a skill will be better for him.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by bukatyne(f): 2:23pm On Mar 23, 2022
adaperry25:
shes also puzzled

Why?

How has she been handling him before?
Re: How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by descarado: 2:55pm On Mar 23, 2022
bukatyne:

I couldn't finish something in the rain embarassed

The ML in Business Contract is sweet kiss kiss kiss

I loved his pettiness when he told her to re-do the White Kimchi Ravioli over & over cheesy cheesy
shocked shocked
Why?
I love that drama so much. That's my kind of drama.

In business contract AHS is such a beaut and very petty cheesy. Grandfather is my all time favourite. His only problem is *go on a blind date* cheesy cheesy
That man is usually the bad guy in historical.
Re: How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Mar 23, 2022
adaperry25:
He went to my uncle's place, stayed for 2 weeks and next thing said he's travelling to a friend's place. We told him not to go anywhere but it fell on deaf ears.

He's been stubborn and its affecting the whole family. With the insecurity in the country, I'm just afraid of his safety.
Wait a minute.... isnt this a boy over 21 years of age that we are discussing here? undecided

If he is of age and ready to be at the wheel as far as his own life, why try to stop him or get in his way? Let the bird fly abeg... grin
Re: How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by adaperry25: 4:22pm On Mar 23, 2022
bukatyne:

Why?

How has she been handling him before?
Same way a good mother would handle her child. She's my mom too.
I'm only afraid of his safety.
With the current situation in Nigeria
Re: How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by ImaIma1(f): 9:45pm On Mar 23, 2022
When a man is stubborn, it takes the grace of God to get through to him. If you guys try and he's still adamant, leave him to his life. He will come back when he sees the light.
Re: How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by GboyegaD(m): 2:51am On Mar 24, 2022
How was he growing up? Was he always allowed to have his way?
Re: How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by frozen70(f): 7:45am On Mar 24, 2022
adaperry25:
My dad is late and I am the first son. My younger brother attends a private university and it's been from one academic problem to the other.

Long story short, he got out of school because his set and 2 sets have graduated and he's still in school. We suggested he starts afresh by enrolling him into another school but he refused that he wants to collect transcript and go to school of his choice. Collecting transcript is a herculean task as the school will give you difficult protocols to provide.

It's now obvious that he doesn't want to be in school neither does he want to further his education

Education is not fir everyone, so he is finding it difficult to cope

You guys should seat him down and ask him, what exactly does he want to do in life to stand on his own as a man

If he says he want to learn a skill go and make research about the skill and take him to where you think he can be monitored to learn the skill and be regular on it

If he has no answer for you then leave him to wonder about until he gets his senses

Such people can set you back if you keep pulling them up

He may want to be living stupid life.
You can't be with him all the time leave him to enter police wahala and that alone will reset him

He may want to be doing yahoo yahoo leave him to go ahead, so far he is making good use of it
Re: How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by adaperry25: 9:03am On Mar 24, 2022
frozen70:

It's now obvious that he doesn't want to be in school neither does he want to further his education

Education is not fir everyone, so he is finding it difficult to cope

You guys should seat him down and ask him, what exactly does he want to do in life to stand on his own as a man

If he says he want to learn a skill go and make research about the skill and take him to where you think he can be monitored to learn the skill and be regular on it

If he has no answer for you then leave him to wonder about until he gets his senses

Such people can set you back if you keep pulling them up

He may want to be living stupid life.
You can't be with him all the time leave him to enter police wahala and that alone will reset him

He may want to be doing yahoo yahoo leave him to go ahead, so far he is making good use of it
We have asked him this and no coherent response.
I'm just afraid of his safety.
Re: How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by frozen70(f): 8:12pm On Mar 24, 2022
adaperry25:

Forget about his safety, he his more careful than you are
Re: How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by Mariangeles(f): 9:23pm On Mar 24, 2022
adaperry25:

I believe he’s going through a difficult phase. (He might be depressed.)

Talk to him and make him understand that he’s not a failure.
Make him feel and know he can trust and confide in you with whatever he’s feeling, and that you’re never going to judge him.
Reassure him that you’re always going to love and be there for him regardless.
Make him feel he has you.
Be more of a friend to him.

He’s running away from something.
Re: How Do I Handle My Younger Brother? by adaperry25: 6:23am On Mar 27, 2022
I'm thinking of involving the police to arrest him and detain him till he decides on what to do with his life.
He can't be toying with everybody's emotions especially my mom

(1) (Reply)

After 9 Months, Still Looking For Who Baby Resemble / New In! 10 inches Andriod Tablets / To Forgive Is Divine: Men Talk Is Cheap!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.