Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,416 members, 7,839,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

You Are Hurting Yourself Everytime You Do This. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / You Are Hurting Yourself Everytime You Do This. (271 Views)

My Girlfriend Does This Everytime / How Can I Cut This Guy Off Without Hurting His Feelings? / He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Are Hurting Yourself Everytime You Do This. by Joychinasa(f): 11:35am On Mar 23, 2022
When you have just left a relationship, a job, a place being in another relationship, getting another job seems to be like the right thing to do isn't it?

Logically, that seems right but do you know the right thing to do after a breakup is not to jump into another relationship but to look after yourself.

I know you've been told healing is stressful, tiring and all that

Society has made healing or moving on to mean hopping onto the next person, next job or thing.

We often define healing to be replacement.

When you are sick or injured and you go to a doctor, you'll be asked " how do you feel" how did you get injured" who did this?"

You'd be asked lots of question so they can know how to help you by giving you the right care/treatment.

So why are you not caring for yourself?

You'd just left a relationship instead of jumping onto another person, take time to heal by asking yourself " Who was I before I went into a relationship with this person, who was I when with him/her, who am I now? " Am I better? Do I still know who I am?

Take time to reflect by asking yourself " How was I treated in the relationship, how did I treat myself , how did I treat my partner?

Find out If it was toxic or good.

Ask yourself, What led to the breakup..

When you assess yourself honestly, You save yourself from possibly repeating the same cycle of bad partners and relationship.

Also, when you ask yourself questions on if you were the problem in the relationship, if you lost yourself.

The answers to those questions would help you embark on a journey to recovery, improving yourself and eventually you know how to make the right choice next time..

Likewise, If you just left a job ask yourself If you could have done anything differently.

Ask yourself "if you carry out your duties professionally" why did you leave, were you the problem or the people you worked with" were you incompetent" how can you do better next time"?

Healing is self care..

Take time to nurse your wounds..

I am open to relationship coaching session, speaking engagement
Send a DM now to book a session

+2348142248176 WhatsApp only
Re: You Are Hurting Yourself Everytime You Do This. by Realmi: 2:11pm On Mar 23, 2022
Hmm

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is It True That The Male Gender Must Be Tamed If The World Is To Get Better? / Man Gives Brain Resetting Slaps To Thief That Tried To Rob His Wife - Video / Generation Of Under Age Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.