Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,238 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) (46512 Views)

Three Suspected Robbers Burnt For Stealing DJ Equipments In Ughelli (video) / Armed Robber Burnt For Robbing, Killing A Lady In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Man Kills Himself After Stabbing “cheating” Girlfriend To Death In Ebonyi (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by hammer567: 9:14pm On Mar 23, 2022
cococandy:
Whatever you need to tell yourself

IGBO WOMEN ARE BETTER OFF THAN NORTHERN AND YORUBA WOMEN.

IF YOU WANT TO INHERIT ANCESTRAL LAND, WE CAN SOUGHT SOMETHING OUT LATER WITH REGARDS TO THOSE OF YOU THAT WANT LAND IN YOUR HOMETOWN.

HOWEVER, THE LAND IS NOT FOR SALE. U CANNOT CLAIM IT AND SELL.

U CLAIM IT, BUILD ON IT AND LIVE THERE.

STOP MAKING US OUT TO LOOK LIKE MONSTERS.
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by cococandy(f): 9:14pm On Mar 23, 2022
But if they act on changing the women-hating culture around them, you call it man-hate.

Do you or do you not want to them to stand up for change? Because you guys speak from both sides of your mouth. It’s very hypocritical.

You hate feminism that calls for equal consideration for women. at the same time you judge women for not attempting to change the culture of woman hate.
It’s almost as if you don’t care. Just looking for a reason to blame women. That’s woman hate FYI

flokii:
Watch how the Igbos will turn blind eye to this injustice while the women look away..
If you observe well, over 90% of women of Nigerian roots deeply into feminism stuff both home and abroad are Igbos.. it's because of the bad experience they had in the hands of their males growing up and it has conditioned their minds to hate men in general.
Instead of forming a movement to change the women hating culture in Igboland, they go about acting like f0ols with no bearing, all they know is to hate on men and see every man as their enemy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by sammie99: 9:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
IGBO AMAKA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 9:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
Crazy things are happening true true

1 Like

Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by cococandy(f): 9:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
I don’t think women from other tribes have it better.
If there’s something we all have in common, it’s that you guys as a collective get joy from oppressing us.

Igbo women may have issues with inheritance and bla bla bla. Other tribes have their own issues too.

But unlike you, I’m not going to be a bold faced liar just for tribal loyalty. It’s a shitty culture and needs to end. Maybe not to you because you benefit from it.

hammer567:

IGBO WOMEN ARE BETTER OFF THAN NORTHERN AND YORUBA WOMEN.

IF YOU WANT TO INHERIT ANCESTRAL LAND, WE CAN SOUGHT SOMETHING OUT LATER WITH REGARDS TO THOSE OF YOU THAT WANT LAND IN YOUR HOMETOWN.

HOWEVER, THE LAND IS NOT FOR SALE. U CANNOT CLAIM IT AND SELL.

U CLAIM IT, BUILD ON IT AND LIVE THERE.

STOP MAKING US OUT TO LOOK LIKE MONSTERS.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by hammer567: 9:21pm On Mar 23, 2022
cococandy:
If there’s something we all have in common, it’s that you guys as a collective get joy from oppressing us.

Igbo women may have issues with inheritance and bla bla bla. Other tribes have their own issues too.

But unlike you, I’m not going to be bold faced liar just for tribal loyalty. It’s a shitty culture and needs to end. Maybe not to you because you benefit from it.

TELL US, WHAT EXACTLY IS IGBO WOMEN PROBLEM, IF ANY?

ANCESTRAL LAND ONLY?

1 Like

Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by Emdebby2: 9:23pm On Mar 23, 2022
Very sad news. Must they kill her that way?
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by maasoap(m): 9:30pm On Mar 23, 2022
ohosi4real:
Why always evil news in Ebonyi so no good thing is coming out from that state

Ebonyi and Benue states, those two states have highest number of barbarians. Followed by Plateau state

1 Like

Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by allicare: 9:33pm On Mar 23, 2022
Unbelievable but why are Igbo so barbaric and inhuman? where is the civiclisation?
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by maasoap(m): 9:33pm On Mar 23, 2022
cococandy:

Igbo women may have issues with inheritance and bla bla bla. [s] Other tribes have their own issues too. [/s]

But unlike you, I’m not going to be bold faced liar just for tribal loyalty. It’s a shitty culture and needs to end. Maybe not to you because you benefit from it.

When it comes to women's right, igbos culture is the worst.

1 Like

Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by flokii: 9:39pm On Mar 23, 2022
cococandy:
But if they act on changing the women-hating culture around them, you call it man-hate.

Do you or do you not want to them to stand up for change? Because you guys speak from both sides of your mouth. It’s very hypocritical.

You hate feminism that calls for equal consideration for women. at the same time you judge women for not attempting to change the culture of woman hate.
It’s almost as if you don’t care. Just looking for a reason to blame women. That’s woman hate FYI

At least make the move first and see if things won't change.. according to extant laws of the Federal Repiblic of Nigeria, the children, both male and female of the deceased and any relative included in his will as next of kin are the ones entitled to his properties but Igbos have refused to follow that rule.

I love women so much and I'll continue to say it that a woman needs no tag (feminist in this context) to be regarded and appreciated by men. I still give preference to women around me than men till tomorrow so I don't see how I qualify as woman hater.
This archaic practice can't just continue and you know it.
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by kingjis: 9:41pm On Mar 23, 2022
07kjb:

Keep talking rubbish

Rubbish like your parents
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by cococandy(f): 9:42pm On Mar 23, 2022
hammer567:

TELL US, WHAT EXACTLY IS IGBO WOMEN PROBLEM, IF ANY?

ANCESTRAL LAND ONLY?
are there other forms of misogyny present in other tribes that are not present in Igbo land?

2 Likes

Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by hammer567: 9:43pm On Mar 23, 2022
flokii:

At least make the move first and see if things won't change.. according to extant laws of the Federal Repiblic of Nigeria, the children, both male and female of the deceased and any relative included in his will as next of kin are the ones entitled to his properties but Igbos have refused to follow that rule.

I love women so much and I'll continue to say it that a woman needs no tag (feminist in this context) to be regarded and appreciated by men. I still give preference to women around me than men till tomorrow so I don't see how I qualify as woman hater.
This archaic practice can't just continue and you know it.

HOW DOES IT AFFECT YOU AND YOUR TRIBE?

WEN U PUT YOUR MOUTH, WE STOP LISTENING.
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by grandstar(m): 9:44pm On Mar 23, 2022
Ebubu:
The relatives of the father are easily the culprits here.

Arrest them all, try them and jail them for manslaughter if found guilty.

In manslaughter, there is no intent to kill. If an Okada should accidentally kill someone, that's manslaughter and it's 7 years in prison.

In this case, there was intent to kill so it is classified as murder. The primary intent was to kill the victim. I think its the death penalty - "Hanged on the neck until dead".

2 Likes

Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by hammer567: 9:46pm On Mar 23, 2022
cococandy:
are there other forms of misogyny present in other tribes that are not present in Igbo land?

IGBO GIRLS CAN INHERIT HER FATHER PROPERTY AS AN ONLY CHILD.

SHE WILL ONLY FACE DIFFICULTIES OR CHALLENGES IN THE VILLAGE ANCESTRAL LAND.

IGBO GIRLS GET THE SAME LEVEL OF EDUCATION AS THE MALE.

THEY GET MORE POCKET MONEY THAN THE MALE AS WAS THE CASE OF MY SISTERS.

OK, THEY DO MORE CHORES AROUND THE HOUSE AS, ME AND MY BROTHERS ALSO DO THE MACHO WORK LIKE WASHING CARS ETC

SO, WAT IS YOU PEOPLE POBLEM?
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by Golan007: 9:47pm On Mar 23, 2022
godofuck231:
The ancient Chinese believe when a woman possesses chi a force said to be potent in the male gender it is called witch craft , when a woman wants to take the place of a man she's seen as a witch both foreign and Africa, property traditions runs with the male bloodline , so as the DNA traits are traced trough the male genes , its a wrong thing for a woman to lay claims naturally, Europeanisation of Africa caused this issue

You should be on a watch list.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by flokii: 9:50pm On Mar 23, 2022
hammer567:

HOW DOES IT AFFECT YOU AND YOUR TRIBE?

WEN U PUT YOUR MOUTH, WE STOP LISTEING.

You better go and get something doing and make yourself useful.. lazy man.

It's your type that grow old to become wicked uncle attacking the cousins, nephews etc. with juju to take over their inheritance and landed properties
It's only Igbo women that can push to end your age long evil practice.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by hammer567: 9:53pm On Mar 23, 2022
flokii:

You better go and get something doing and make yourself useful.. lazy man.

It's your type that grow old to become wicked uncle attacking the cousins, nephews etc. with juju to take over their inheritance and landed properties
It's only Igbo women that can push to end your age long evil practice.

I FOLLOW NEWS LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE, AND LOVE MY PEOPLE.

U ARE HERE OUT OF HATE.

THIS IS YOUR FIFTH MONIKER TODAY.

AFONJA!
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by Golan007: 9:55pm On Mar 23, 2022
07kjb:

Keep talking rubbish

But why does your culture permit this rubbish?
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by Amotekun777: 10:10pm On Mar 23, 2022
Savages... angry
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by Testimony1988(m): 10:14pm On Mar 23, 2022
Those who did that will surely face the wrath of God if they don't confess and repent, this is absurd.
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by godofuck231: 10:21pm On Mar 23, 2022
Golan007:

You should be on a watch list.

lol I wish I could
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by michigang: 10:21pm On Mar 23, 2022
hammer567:

IN THIS CASE, SHE WAS DRAGGING THE PROPERTY BECAUSE THEY HAD ALREADY KILLED HER BROTHER.

THERE WAS NO MALE LEFT.

PROPERTY DRAGGING IS DANGEROUS BUSINESS, FOR BOTH MALE AND FEMALE.

HOWEVER, THE IGBO INHERITANCE SYSTEM DOES NOT WILL LAND TO WOMEN, AS THEY WILL HAVE LAND WHERE THEY MARRY.

IF THE IGBO WOMEN WANT LAND, THEN THEY SHOULD STOP MOVING TO THEIR HUSBAND HOUSE AND HAVE HIM MOVE IN WITH THEM.

IT IS VERY STRAIGHTFORWARD, BUT JUST LIKE WE HAVE MEN THAT CLAIM TO BE WOMEN TODAY, IT IS COMPLICATED FOR SOME CONFUSIONIST.

OUR ANCESTORS ARE WISE
what if the man has only female children

1 Like

Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by godofuck231: 10:22pm On Mar 23, 2022
Welrez:
Revel in your ignorance. Matrilinealism is an African thing!
yet they hold the gold and gave you the Bible
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by godofuck231: 10:23pm On Mar 23, 2022
ib0221:
I don't want to believe that you are justifying this wickedness. Every child, be it a male or female, has every right to their parents inheritance.
when the property is enough to go round the daughters can be considered, its there in the African tradition though
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by lagosrd: 10:24pm On Mar 23, 2022
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by godofuck231: 10:24pm On Mar 23, 2022
cococandy:

Why don’t you shut your xtupid mouth?
if you could tell your father that go ahead and try this with another man on the street and see
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by michigang: 10:24pm On Mar 23, 2022
hammer567:

THERE IS LAND HERE AND THERE.

THEN YOU GET MARRIED, DO YOU TAKE LAND HERE AND STILL EXPECT LAND THERE?

OPPORTUNITY COST, DICTATES THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO FORGO ONE FOR THE OTHER.

IF OUR SENSELESS FEMINIST WANT LAND IN THEIR FATHER LAND, THEN THEY SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT IN THEIR HUSBAND HOUSE THEY WILL CONTEND WITH HIS SISTER FOR LAND AND CONTEND WITH THEIR BROTHER WIFE FOR LAND.

TO AVOID ALL THIS NONSENSE, WOMEN MOVE AND CLAIM THE LAND WITH THEIR HUSBAND FOR THEIR OFSPRING, BEARING THE HUSBAND NAME.

OUR CULTURE WILL NEVER CHANGE, DESPITE ALL THIS AFONJA LUNATICS THAT ARE HOPELESSLY JOBLESS ON SOCIAL MEDIA.
what if there's no land in her husband's house

1 Like

Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by godofuck231: 10:26pm On Mar 23, 2022
Zooposki:

Genetically, you actually carry more of your mother's genes than your father's. That's because of little organelles that live within your cells, the mitochondria, which you only receive from your mother.

There are several types of DNA tests available commercially today. The three most common types are autosomal DNA, Y-DNA, and mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA).

An autosomal DNA test examines only the autosomes — that is, the chromosomes in your DNA that are not sex chromosomes. These chromosomes contain DNA code that was inherited from both of your parents in random combinations. So an autosomal DNA test won’t necessarily tell you which parent passed on a particular DNA sequence. However, because it covers a much wider range of DNA than the other types, it is the only kind that provides a comprehensive list of DNA matches from both sides of the family.

A Y-DNA test examines the genetic code located on the Y chromosome, which is only found in biological males. Since this chromosome is inherited exclusively from the father and never from the mother, the DNA analyzed on this type of test will give you information that is specific to the paternal line in your family. Of course, one downside is that this test can only be done on people who are biologically male.

A mitochondrial DNA or mtDNA test examines the genetic code located in the mitochondrion. Most of our DNA can be found in the nucleus, or center, of a cell, but some of it is located in a different part of the cell called the mitochondrion. This part of the cell is almost exclusively passed from mother to child. This means that a mtDNA test can give you information that is specific to the maternal line in your family.

j love this , thanks for the enlightenment
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by gowaga68: 10:27pm On Mar 23, 2022
I no go talk ... Wait o, what religion do they ...?
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by godofuck231: 10:29pm On Mar 23, 2022
GeneralPula:

So in summary, this flat head piggg is saying it’s right that the woman got killed and burnt for demanding for her right..
no you swine j meant she must have said wrong words

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Beats Wife To Death In Lagos For Being Barren (Photo) / Anambra Teacher Dies After Flogging Student In Her Class (Photos) / Pandemonium As Two Ladies Fight In Public After Heated Quarrel. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.