Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,143 members, 7,815,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) (46509 Views)

Three Suspected Robbers Burnt For Stealing DJ Equipments In Ughelli (video) / Armed Robber Burnt For Robbing, Killing A Lady In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Man Kills Himself After Stabbing “cheating” Girlfriend To Death In Ebonyi (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 8:03am On Mar 24, 2022
People are wicked o
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by godofuck231: 8:10am On Mar 24, 2022
Golan007:

You should be on a watch list.

Women in ancient and imperial China were restricted from participating in various realms of social life, through social stipulations that they remain indoors, whilst outside business should be conducted by men. The strict division of the sexes, apparent in the policy that "men plow, women weave" partitioned male and female histories as early as the Zhou dynasty, with the Rites of Zhou even stipulating that women be educated specifically in "women's rites" Though limited by policies that prevented them from owning property, taking examinations, or holding office, their restriction to a distinctive women's world prompted the development of female-specific occupations, exclusive literary circles, whilst also investing certain women with certain types of political influence inaccessible to men.( please take note of this as a rite and reference to women) Women had greater freedom during the Tang dynasty, however, the status of women declined from the Song dynasty onward, which has been blamed on the rise of neo-Confucianism, and restrictions on women became more pronounced.

The study of women's history in the context of imperial China has been pursued for many years. The societal status of both women and men in ancient China was closely related to the Chinese kinship system.(note please )

Received Chinese historiography about ancient China was edited heavily by Confucian scholars in the 4th century BCE, who aimed to show that the dynastic system of government extended as far back into the past as possible.These texts, like the Zuo zhuan and Classic of Poetry, focus on male nobles and scholars, with infrequent references to women. One exception is Biographies of Exemplary Women, compiled in the 1st century BCE as a collection of cautionary tales for men, highlighting the advantages of virtuous women, as well as the dangers posed by loose ones. (Your own case ) .
The majority of women included were members of the nobility and were generally depicted as passive, with their male guardians (husbands or fathers) controlling their actions. The marital division of labor of "men plow, women weave" is expected to widen the gap in power of household decision-making.

An extract from Wikipedia

Being a woman isn't a death sentence, when a woman observes her own rites and self respect ,men known and unknown will fight for her ,

Look at Bianca ojukwu for God sake !
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by godofuck231: 8:14am On Mar 24, 2022
irunoko:
this is the reason I encourage young women to work for their own money so they don't need to demand any inheritance from their parents.whether they're given or not they're already comfortable themselves so if at all they're given its an added advantage and not a necessity or something they can't do without.nigeria is extremely misogynistic so it's very important for women to do everything to protect themselves from greedy and vicious relatives

I remember when my grandmother died and all my aunties and uncles were fighting for properties my mom wasn't even bothered because she was already accomplished and financially accomplished.she just dey look them.laslas after everyone got their portion,the money Don finish their eyes Don clear.

These are the things some relatives go diabolical for but I'm happy pay back no dey waste time this generation

you have learnt wisdom from a very wise woman , always remember to buy your mother wrappers and food stuff, make sure 3 live white fowls are included , let her pray for you and see if evil will trifle with you at all, may her name leave a benchmark that generations will remember in your father's family
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 24, 2022
Chriswazo:

Please explain this a little
God will judge us all according to our deeds and works, after death comes judgement.
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by Chriswazo(m): 8:41am On Mar 24, 2022
Nuttella:
God will judge us all according to our deeds and works, after death comes judgement.

It was smh different from the last comment, when you say God will judge us all righteously, it means we have a predestined fate.
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by kafeii123: 8:54am On Mar 24, 2022
This is just barbaric....

By the way how much is the total worth of the said properties biko
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by kafeii123: 8:55am On Mar 24, 2022
07kjb:
In IGBO land a woman have no right to his father's properties simple,not only in IGBO land even in ISRAEL

Sorry ...Is EverythiNng Okay With You ?
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by kafeii123: 8:57am On Mar 24, 2022
Godfullsam:

So in a nutshell, you are trying to justify this barbaric act?

Chai?!

Thank God for internet.... Any Nigerian lady that marries from ebonyi.... Such person will now know that
anything she take her eye see...she has to take it like that
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by kafeii123: 9:01am On Mar 24, 2022
godofuck231:
The ancient Chinese believe when a woman possesses chi a force said to be potent in the male gender it is called witch craft , when a woman wants to take the place of a man she's seen as a witch both foreign and Africa, property traditions runs with the male bloodline , so as the DNA traits are traced trough the male genes , its a wrong thing for a woman to lay claims naturally, Europeanisation of Africa caused this issue

So

ou support this Barbarism

.And Join In AbusiNg Muslims When They Quote Their Sharia Laws For you...Ori all Of you ti gbale..
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 24, 2022
Chriswazo:

It was smh different from the last comment, when you say God will judge us all righteously, it means we have a predestined fate.
God will judge us all righteously means that he will be just in his judgement 'cause he is no respecter of persons, so there will be no partiality during the judgement.
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by 2braithe: 10:19am On Mar 24, 2022
Ibukun558:
evil is every even yoruba do kill for ritual

Atleast,yoruba don't peddle drugs.
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by ogastone(m): 10:27am On Mar 24, 2022
This news need to be confirmed please.
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by ArewaNorth: 10:52am On Mar 24, 2022
godofuck231:
The ancient Chinese believe when a woman possesses chi a force said to be potent in the male gender it is called witch craft , when a woman wants to take the place of a man she's seen as a witch both foreign and Africa, property traditions runs with the male bloodline , so as the DNA traits are traced trough the male genes , its a wrong thing for a woman to lay claims naturally, Europeanisation of Africa caused this issue

Muslims and many other ethnic group give girls right to inheritance in Nigeria. Stop this delusional epistle, trying to justify the barbaric act....
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by Blackdisciple(m): 11:09am On Mar 24, 2022
Family inheritance ...

The same family killed her
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by TYCO77: 11:28am On Mar 24, 2022
Her kindred should be held liable for the dastard act, they should be investigated as first suspects. An outsider that cannot lay claim to the late father's property after the departure of the aged mother could not have planned and murdered the young lady for sake of nothing.
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by irunoko(m): 11:34am On Mar 24, 2022
godofuck231:
you have learnt wisdom from a very wise woman , always remember to buy your mother wrappers and food stuff, make sure 3 live white fowls are included , let her pray for you and see if evil will trifle with you at all, may her name leave a benchmark that generations will remember in your father's family
amen o

Now she dey enjoy.she prefers fruits than clothes.she will say where's she going other than church.but If we buy her all varieties Of fruits it makes her day. just fruits,water,tea and sleep.if you give her money sef she no go collect.she Will say what does she want to use money to buy that is not already in the house.youre the ones who still need the money.just keep in touch.that woman has a beautiful spirit of contentment and a simplicity or a simple life.i wish ladies this generation can imbibe simplicity and contentment so they can have rest but no na Wetin no lost them go dey find
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by godofuck231: 12:26pm On Mar 24, 2022
irunoko:
amen o

Now she dey enjoy.she prefers fruits than clothes.she will say where's she going other than church.but If we buy her all varieties Of fruits it makes her day. just fruits,water,tea and sleep.if you give her money sef she no go collect.she Will say what does she want to use money to buy that is not already in the house.youre the ones who still need the money.just keep in touch.that woman has a beautiful spirit of contentment and a simplicity or a simple life.i wish ladies this generation can imbibe simplicity and contentment so they can have rest but no na Wetin no lost them go dey find
guy i never ever thought of stealing someone's wife or mother but this your case there should be an exemption , I swear

1 Like

Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by godofuck231: 12:28pm On Mar 24, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Muslims and many other ethnic group give girls right to inheritance in Nigeria. Stop this delusional epistle, trying to justify the barbaric act....
am not saying its not possible or the culture doesn't exist , my argument is what went wrong and why was she or hacked to death, remove eye from your father property, let the family call or ask when not given relax , only God know what she did wrong because that's not enough to get mobbed

1 Like

Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by Lazenby007(m): 1:08pm On Mar 24, 2022
This is one aspect of the Igbo tradition I detest so much- a woman cannot inherit what her a father leaves behind. A woman cannot share from her father's property when the father dies.
I keep asking if an Igbo man has only female children and he dies, what happens to his properties??
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by irunoko(m): 1:51pm On Mar 24, 2022
godofuck231:
guy i never ever thought of stealing someone's wife or mother but this your case there should be an exemption , I swear
if you Jam babe like that you no Go marry am?
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by Samfloxin(m): 2:45pm On Mar 24, 2022
komols856:

Idiot with your hatred feeling and opinions. Evil is every where nowadays. Just condemned it and don't generalized it
Sorry for your pain
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by godofuck231: 3:09pm On Mar 24, 2022
irunoko:
if you Jam babe like that you no Go marry am?
I can do better, KIDNAP
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by aribisala0(m): 4:03pm On Mar 24, 2022
Eboe civilization .
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by Chriswazo(m): 5:37pm On Mar 24, 2022
Nuttella:
God will judge us all righteously means that he will be just in his judgement 'cause he is no respecter of persons, so there will be no partiality during the judgement.

Ok
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by Kelvin3476: 5:48pm On Mar 24, 2022
Godfullsam:

So in a nutshell, you are trying to justify this barbaric act?

Chai?!
So u didn't understand what he wrote ?
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by Kelvin3476: 5:55pm On Mar 24, 2022
irunoko:
this is the reason I encourage young women to work for their own money so they don't need to demand any inheritance from their parents.whether they're given or not they're already comfortable themselves so if at all they're given its an added advantage and not a necessity or something they can't do without.nigeria is extremely misogynistic so it's very important for women to do everything to protect themselves from greedy and vicious relatives

I remember when my grandmother died and all my aunties and uncles were fighting for properties my mom wasn't even bothered because she was already accomplished and financially accomplished.she just dey look them.laslas after everyone got their portion,the money Don finish their eyes Don clear.

These are the things some relatives go diabolical for but I'm happy pay back no dey waste time this generation

Nigerians are not misogynist oookay ?
I can't accept the killing , not accept she shouldn't get a share of the property.
Let's keep this case aside .

Why is it always in property share , and power una the patronize equality?
If at all it's a debt of billions to be paid, una no go like include the women because the will marry and leave. Why are feminist and it's supporters very much selfish?

May her soul rest in peace, and may her murders Neva go unpunished.
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by ib0221: 6:58pm On Mar 24, 2022
godofuck231:
when the property is enough to go round the daughters can be considered, its there in the African tradition though
Which Africa tradition? In fact, it is a truly Africa tradition that places women in best societal hierachy. There are evidences to support this. Your, so called, tradition is inhuman and uncivilized.
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by irunoko(m): 7:08pm On Mar 24, 2022
godofuck231:
I can do better, KIDNAP
kidnap person pikin without marrying her properly? shocked
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by irunoko(m): 7:10pm On Mar 24, 2022
Kelvin3476:

Nigerians are not misogynist oookay ?
I can't accept the killing , not accept she shouldn't get a share of the property.
Let's keep this case aside .

Why is it always in property share , and power una the patronize equality?
If at all it's a debt of billions to be paid, una no go like include the women because the will marry and leave. Why are feminist and it's supporters very much selfish?

May her soul rest in peace, and may her murders Neva go unpunished.
O really? So why must they kill the girl because she demanded for her inheritance? Na fly Abi cockroach they kill? Because you're watering down the murder part
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by godofuck231: 8:48pm On Mar 24, 2022
irunoko:
kidnap person pikin without marrying her properly? shocked
how you want make I do na , its a race against time , what if another person carry the material run

1 Like

Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by Remman(m): 8:13am On Mar 25, 2022
Islie:
NHRC condemns alleged murder, burning of a single lady who demanded father’s inheritance in Ebonyi

…we have written a petition to Ebonyi Police Command – NHRC

…I will get back to you on status of the case – The police

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/nhrc-condemns-alleged-murder-burning-of-a-single-lady-who-demanded-fathers-inheritance-in-ebonyi/amp/
This is too sad
Re: Woman Killed And Burnt For Demanding Her Father's Inheritance In Ebonyi (pic) by Kelvin3476: 8:43am On Mar 25, 2022
irunoko:
O really? So why must they kill the girl because she demanded for her inheritance? Na fly Abi cockroach they kill? Because you're watering down the murder part
I HAVE HEARD OF A WOMAN KILLING HER BROTHERS BECUS OF PROPERTY. NOTHING CAN JUSTIFY TAKING OF ONES LIFE , AND AM ONLY TACKLING THE MYSOGYNISTIC PART OF UR COMMENT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

AY Ayoade Akinnibosun: How Saraki Communicated With Us - Offa Robbery Gang Head / Cash, SUVs, Items Seized From Gang That Hacked Nigerian Bank (Pictures) / Man Beats Wife To Death In Lagos For Being Barren (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.