Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua (25576 Views)

Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision / Usyk: Size Don’t Matter, AJ Will Fall Like A Pack Of Cards / Anthony Joshua Flaunts His Incredibly Fit Physique Ahead Of Oleksandr Usyk Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 23, 2022
Heavyweight champion Oleksandr Usyk has left his native Ukraine to prepare for his rematch with Anthony Joshua.

Usyk, 35, has been helping to defend his country from the Russian invasion after enlisting in Ukraine's military.

He beat Joshua in September to become the unified heavyweight champion and is set to face the Briton again in June.

Usyk will now begin his training camp but, contrary to some reports, the BBC understands the camp is not in neighbouring Poland.

Usyk on defending Ukraine against Russian invasion
Bellator: Michael 'Venom' Page title bout off as Yaroslav Amosov fights Russia
April had initially been mentioned as a potential date for the rematch, but Joshua's search for a new trainer and prolonged talks with WBC champion Tyson Fury forced a delay.

After Joshua decided against stepping aside from the fight to face Fury, his promoter Eddie Hearn said May was a target.

But Joshua's bid to win back the WBA (Super), IBF and WBO belts was pushed back further when Russian troops invaded Ukraine at the end of February.

Usyk is one of several former and current Ukrainian boxers who have come to the defence of their homeland.

Three-weight world champion Vasiliy Lomachenko, 34, has also taken up arms while brothers Vitali and Wladimir Klitschko, both former world heavyweight champions, are also in Kyiv.

Vitali, 50, has been mayor of the city since 2014 while Wladimir, 45, joined the city's military reserve last month.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/60850530

7 Likes

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by Rastaramsey(m): 2:50pm On Mar 23, 2022
Baba no wan kpai grin grin grin
He go wan use that aggression kill Joshua grin grin

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 23, 2022
The kain Vex way this guy go use on top Joshua Ba...

134 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by Hezzyluv: 2:51pm On Mar 23, 2022
No be wrong time for Joshua to fight this guy so cool

98 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by Hezzyluv: 2:52pm On Mar 23, 2022
Enoch3721:

You go think say na Joshua be Putin grin

101 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 23, 2022
Joshua will win!, I wish I could say that boldly

122 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by 9gerian: 2:53pm On Mar 23, 2022
grin

Enoch3721:

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 23, 2022
Hezzyluv:

You go think say na Joshua be Putin grin
Yes na com imagine say them remind am say Joshua get English blood for body

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by Hezzyluv: 2:56pm On Mar 23, 2022
Enoch3721:
Yes na com imagine say them remind am say Joshua get English blood for body

Na double wahala for dead body ....grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by Mokason288(m): 2:58pm On Mar 23, 2022
grin
Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 23, 2022
Hezzyluv:

Na double wahala for dead body ....grin
30 seconds into the game Joshua will be like leave me leave me I no day do again

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by hslbroker2(m): 3:04pm On Mar 23, 2022
Enoch3721:
30 seconds into the game Joshua will be like leave me leave me I no day do again
that is your own personal opinion

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 23, 2022
hslbroker2:
that is your own personal opinion
what is yours

6 Likes

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by MCKitchen(f): 3:05pm On Mar 23, 2022
Rastaramsey:
Baba no wan kpai grin grin grin
He go wan use that aggression kill Joshua grin grin
Im telling you. He will redesign Joshua face into ewedu soup.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by hslbroker2(m): 3:09pm On Mar 23, 2022
Enoch3721:
what is yours

LOL Joshua will win exactly at round 9, go and mark down today's date.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 23, 2022
hslbroker2:

LOL Joshua will win exactly at round 9, go and mark down today's date.
how I wish I could strongly support you

7 Likes

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by hslbroker2(m): 4:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
Enoch3721:
how I wish I could stronger support you

What stops u, lol

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
hslbroker2:

What stops u, lol
u suppose know already after watching last bout and considering the current situation

2 Likes

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by kenzysmith: 5:26pm On Mar 23, 2022
Baba don use style Japa what a format. If Jousha like him face make he avoid this guy

16 Likes

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by RapistOnBail: 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2022

He for die for nothing

3 Likes

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by SmartGadgetz: 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2022
That's a real nigga, a fighter and a champion.

Very inspiring of him.
If Joshua go just declare defeat for this match to avoid a humiliating defeat cos the kind anger wey he go use jam Joshua ehh... Person wey dey vex and dey fight war na him una put for person wey dey form celebrity fine boy social media fighter.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by compton11(m): 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2022
Joshua should beat Azov outta his ass! gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by Iceman2017(m): 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2022
grin
I remember the story of a Nigerian boxer that knockout his opponent in a first round and when he was asked how he managed to do that and he said he remembered Nigeria problems.

Joshua is in a long thing. That man will knock him out with the anger of what is happening in Ukraine.

He may take Joshua as Putin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by DropsMic(m): 8:00pm On Mar 23, 2022
Them go kill Joshua for ring

2 Likes

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by nedubrazil111(m): 8:01pm On Mar 23, 2022
angry angry angry
Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by Passionate888: 8:02pm On Mar 23, 2022
Patriot
Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by gambia(m): 8:02pm On Mar 23, 2022
Joshua need to reclaim his belt or retire for life.

2 Likes

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by joyandfaith: 8:02pm On Mar 23, 2022
Joshua is in trouble. Joshua would look like Putin.

3 Likes

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by olugabbie(m): 8:02pm On Mar 23, 2022
Enoch3721:

Lol! Make e go vex kill Joshua.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by sotall(m): 8:03pm On Mar 23, 2022
lipsrsealed

This guy will finish Joshua kpatakpata

2 Likes

Re: Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua by realstars: 8:03pm On Mar 23, 2022
Na for consolation na!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Burial Poster Of Mary Ejide, Austin Ejide's Mother (Photos) / David Luis, Pablo Mari And Cedric Soares Sign New Arsenal Deals / Nigeria Vs Colombia [1 - 0] @ Women's U-20 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.