Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act (17674 Views)

Presidential Poll: Obaseki Distances Himself From Electoral Violence In Edo / Court Orders AGF To Remove Section 84(12) From Electoral Act / Malami: FG Has Ordered Probe Of Court Invasion By DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by justli: 8:55pm On Mar 23, 2022
kingjessy:
.oh very poor and selfish plan then.why will they do such ?

Could have been for all the loafty reasons of trying to prevent serving officials from using the instruments of their offices in influencing elections in their favor
Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by kingjessy(f): 8:57pm On Mar 23, 2022
justli:

Could have been for all the loafty reasons of trying to prevent serving officials from using the instruments of their offices in influencing elections in their favor
.I thought they said ,this country will get better in the future when I was a kid .Now I am grown but it is the opposite cry
Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by gulfer: 9:00pm On Mar 23, 2022
Why do they use easterners to scuttle things like this from the time of Abacha s one million man march and now getting the evil judgement from an Abian court angry angry angry angry
Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by shinealight(m): 9:09pm On Mar 23, 2022
iwaeda:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/03/23/fg-in-process-of-deleting-section-8412-from-electoral-act-minister-of-justice/

This Malami guy is just a joker. The Speaker just told us that the Executive does not have the constitutional right to remove even a “comma” from any Law passed by the National Assembly. The politically procured Court ruling is already on Appeal….hence the guy is just playing with words!
Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by techWriter3: 9:11pm On Mar 23, 2022
General ... Okay, check my_prof.ile if you need help with your thesis, assignment, or dissertation.
Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by shinealight(m): 9:13pm On Mar 23, 2022
kingjessy:
.I thought they said ,this country will get better in the future when I was a kid .Now I am grown but it is the opposite cry

Very valid point. I’m pondering the same question as well. Heaven help us ooo!!

1 Like

Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by Vickym1(f): 9:25pm On Mar 23, 2022
BigYash:
Na him be president now na. What he says stands.. I call him "cabals spokesman"
Aswear.. Buhari has no say.. He just there for the sake that name dullard

1 Like

Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by Kilometres: 9:37pm On Mar 23, 2022
luemz:
I honestly don't understand what the section implies. can someone please help in interpreting it in layman's terms? and why the fuss about it? thank you in advance

The section says; a political appointee (ministers, commissioners, head of parastatals) should resign before contesting for elections, starting from party primaries.
But Malami no want am cos he doesn't want to resign as a minister before contesting for Kebbi state governorship election.

1 Like

Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by justli: 9:53pm On Mar 23, 2022
kingjessy:

With the current system we run, power distribution is too narrow, corruption is incentivized and the elite can't help but set up extractive economic institutions that milk the country at the expense of the rest.

We need wider distribution of power: a strong and centralized states that can check the federal government and also make policies that are inclusive.

1 Like

Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by dapolaw(m): 10:42pm On Mar 23, 2022
The AGF does not have the power to amend the law, that duty remain the exclusive right of the national assembly.

Malami is too daft as an AGF.
Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by Lucky5000(m): 11:41pm On Mar 23, 2022
Another Misplaced priority
Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by hotseat: 12:42am On Mar 24, 2022
Not so fast, Malam Mugu!

The House of Reps. has appealed against the obnoxious ruling.

So be calming down, ok?
Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by buckeyemedia: 1:01am On Mar 24, 2022
awoniyi1236:
grin Hahaaaa see Evil people oh, Full with Selfish……… I swear this people are not serving us they are only serving their pockets
Lazy man, if you can’t beat them, join them & stop been a fly on the wall watching, Nigeria belongs to all of us, no one will give you anything for free.

Under Jonathan & pdp did you know who Malami was? because now he seems to be tormenting your existence?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by buckeyemedia: 1:05am On Mar 24, 2022
hotseat:
Not so fast, Malam Mugu!

The House of Reps. has appealed against the obnoxious ruling.

So be calming down, ok?
What is obnoxious about the ruling? Do you know more than the authority?

Without the authority, you don’t exist.
Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by stephinnoyewole(m): 1:29am On Mar 24, 2022
awoniyi1236:
grin Hahaaaa see Evil people oh, Full with Selfish……… I swear this people are not serving us they are only serving their pockets
Are u just knowing?
Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by Kilotat: 6:32am On Mar 24, 2022
luemz:
I honestly don't understand what the section implies. can someone please help in interpreting it in layman's terms? and why the fuss about it? thank you in advance
It Means no political office holder is eligible to be a candidate of any party for upcoming election except he resign from is you position.
e.g A Senator must resign before he can seek another term of his senatorial seat

1 Like

Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by luemz(m): 7:14am On Mar 24, 2022
Kilometres:

The section says; a political appointee (ministers, commissioners, head of parastatals) should resign before contesting for elections, starting from party primaries.
But Malami no want am cos he doesn't want to resign as a minister before contesting for Kebbi state governorship election.

thank you very much. I'm grateful.

1 Like

Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by tundess: 8:27am On Mar 24, 2022
He still won't win governorship election in Kebbi State.
Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by Blackdisciple(m): 11:12am On Mar 24, 2022
Looks like someone who's on cocaine
Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by Fuckyoumod: 12:22pm On Mar 24, 2022
Ladiesdoctor:
A very good section.

Deleting it as good as rubbishing the electoral process.

how?

I don't see not deleting it as the solution to all the problems of this country.
Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by awoniyi1236(m): 2:26pm On Mar 24, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Lazy man, if you can’t beat them, join them & stop been a fly on the wall watching, Nigeria belongs to all of us, no one will give you anything for free.

Under Jonathan & pdp did you know who Malami was? because now he seems to be tormenting your existence?

Imagine look at your mentality, I pity your generation
Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by SeeItSayIt: 4:10pm On Mar 24, 2022
Did you not claimed you're going to delete it some days ago with your empty scull?

Quarter system agf.....
Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by MrCEO69(m): 11:43pm On Mar 24, 2022
By Tinubu all the way.... He will continue the good works for Baba Buhari.
post=111302751:
Nigeria must be great again in our lifetime.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by NLPoliceWoman: 4:24am On Mar 25, 2022
RTR
Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by NLPoliceWoman: 4:35am On Mar 25, 2022
RTR 2
Re: Malami: FG In Process Of Deleting Section 84(12) From Electoral Act by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:36am On Mar 25, 2022
MrCEO69:
MrCEO69:
MrCEO69:
This is noted bro.
Thanks for the assurance.
When we get to the bridge, we gonna cross it!
You gerrit ?! wink

3 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Miyetti Allah Won't Support Southern Candidate, Northerners Are Better Managers / Phrank Shaibu To CJN Ariwoola: It’s Wrong Of You To Frolic With Politicians / Buhari Leaves For China Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.