Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Okorocha Disburses N2.7bn For Free Education In Imo - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Okorocha Disburses N2.7bn For Free Education In Imo (3093 Views)

Okorocha Invests Innoson As IMSU Chancellor (pics) / He Gave Us Toys Not Laptops. Why Can't Gov. Okorocha Be Real For Once? (PHOTOS). / Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Disburses N2.7bn For Free Education In Imo by DonShark(m): 1:29pm On Jul 04, 2011
Rochas we know! I believed you from inception that you can.May God strengthen you to actualize your dreams for Imo State.
Re: Okorocha Disburses N2.7bn For Free Education In Imo by paulo882: 1:49pm On Jul 04, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I am convinced you are just trying to TWIST logic to score some brownie point for a policy you probably have little understanding for. Since when did FREE EQUAL Quality? Nigerians ehn!!! And you have access  to tons of free dictionaries online to help you if you have problems with word comprehension. I mean come ON!

The man is giving money for "FREE" education, and some of you here are now quick to claim it is auto-magically quality, when we know that Education is a rotten state nationwide, and has been for the better part of the last 3 decades.

So you sincerely believe that because something is not free makes it good quality ?? I have asked you to take cue from Sweden. The key is in the implementation/execution, not how much ppl pay. Ppl can pay millions yet the quality is rubbish, you can see this in some of our private Universities who charge outrageous fees and yet are not better than their state counter parts. For your information there is enough money in Imo to fund a world class primary and secondary education for free ! Rochas just need to cut government waste and plug loopholes, there is enough money in the state to fund it .
Re: Okorocha Disburses N2.7bn For Free Education In Imo by ZnO: 2:22pm On Jul 04, 2011
Kobojunkie;

How come you are not similarly commenting here? https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-704046.0.html. Or is Lagos/Fasola a no-go area for your warped ideologies?
Re: Okorocha Disburses N2.7bn For Free Education In Imo by JosephJon: 3:47pm On Jul 04, 2011
OWELLE HIMSELF. MY STATE IS WORKING AGAIN.GLORY BE TO GOD. SINCE THE TIME OF DE SAM MBAKWE WE IMO PEOPLE NEVER HAVE ANOTHER PEOPLE ORIENTED GOVERNOR. THANK GOD OWELLE IS ONCE HERE AGAIN TO FEEL FOR THE PEOPLE OF HIS STATE. OWELLE PLEASE DON'T GO SECOND TERM BUT GO TO ASO ROCK SURE BANKER COME 2015 UNLESS GEJ STRIKES. I WILL TAKE OVER FROM YOU AT THE STATE LEVEL WHILE YOU HEAD TO THE CENTRE TO REPOSITION AND RESCUE NIGERIA FROM ABYSMAL DESTRUCTION IS HEADING TO.

MAY YOUR DAYS BE LONG,MAY THE BLESSINGS OF GOD ALMIGHTY BE WITH YOU. MAY THE GOOD WORK THE LORD HAS STARTED THROUGH YOU COME TO SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION.BUT PLEASE DON'T HAND OVER TO ROTS TO DESTROY YOUR HARD LABOUR.

THANK YOU AND WE LOVE YOU.

CHUKS FOR IMO STATE 2015.
Re: Okorocha Disburses N2.7bn For Free Education In Imo by donfeco1: 4:16pm On Jul 04, 2011
am so happy that governor rochas is doing something within few months in office, t.a orji where are u even ordinary roads u have not done what are u doing there, embezzling our money i pray that god will help u try and do something or else. look at aba a city where the money u steal apart from the allocation that come from the fg just look at how d city is so dirty and unsecured, learn from your colleagues fashola, rochas, peter obi and lots more. no body should go out of aba to lagos or any other states to hustle put aba in order t.a orji creat employments ooooooooooooooo. ana m ayo gi ayi yo erizikwele ego anyi. mezie re anyi obodo biko biko biko. chukwu gozie gi ma imee ya .

Re: Okorocha Disburses N2.7bn For Free Education In Imo by Chyz2: 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Learn not to comment on things you are ignorant of. Free DOES NOT make education of better Quality. It simply makes what is available QUALITY. If the man announced that he was really interested in improving quality, let him say so. No need for you to try to connect the disjointed so you can post another flimsy line on nairaland for the man -- even if you expect to be paid to do so.

Obviously you know nothing about Imo state. The education is good,meaning it is of quality;however, the conditions of many of the schools are not in good shape. Now with that said, since Rochas is directing this money towards the renovation of these primary and secondary school,refurbishment, what exactly are you complaining about? Where does your argument about quality,i'm assuming you argument is about rochas not appraising the quality of education, come from?
Re: Okorocha Disburses N2.7bn For Free Education In Imo by Kobojunkie: 4:57pm On Jul 04, 2011
Chyz*:

Obviously you know nothing about Imo state. The education is good,meaning it is of quality ;however, the conditions of many of the schools are not in good shape. Now with that said, since Rochas is directing this money towards the renovation of these primary and secondary school,refurbishment, what exactly are you complaining about? Where does your argument about quality,i'm assuming you argument is about rochas not appraising the quality of education, come from?

How much longer with the daftness?

Re: Okorocha Disburses N2.7bn For Free Education In Imo by Chyz2: 5:18pm On Jul 04, 2011
Kobojunkie:

How much longer with the daftness?

Prove me wrong. Imo state has a high literacy rate for a reason and its not because they eat quality egusi and akpu. You make arguments from nothing and of nothing. In the famous words of OBJ, "i dey laugh"!
Re: Okorocha Disburses N2.7bn For Free Education In Imo by Kobojunkie: 5:20pm On Jul 04, 2011
WOW . . . another atrocious retort.

Higher literacy rate in a country like Nigeria EQUALS Quality Education?? What else? Highest # of graduates per year signals Quality Education? ROFL
Re: Okorocha Disburses N2.7bn For Free Education In Imo by Chyz2: 5:33pm On Jul 04, 2011
Kobojunkie:

WOW  . . . another atrocious retort.

Higher literacy rate in a country like Nigeria EQUALS Quality Education?? What else? Highest # of graduates per year signals Quality Education? ROFL

@ bolded, exactly. cool

Now, what do you propose that Rochas should do?
Re: Okorocha Disburses N2.7bn For Free Education In Imo by donfeco1: 5:41pm On Jul 04, 2011
rochas should continue with d good thing he has started god almighty will be with him till d end amen continue d governor of imo.
Re: Okorocha Disburses N2.7bn For Free Education In Imo by owobokiri(m): 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2011
Quality or quantity, the important point is that it is now FREE. Imo people are NOW enjoying free education warts and all. That is worth celeberating for the people from there. That is a healthy starting point. I dont know what is too hard to understand there. Sometimes some of us deliberately make moutains out of molehills. The guy has been in power for just few days. At this rate, he will at a point improve on the quality of infastructure on ground. But he has to start somewhere and he has started just good. Case closed!

We are still awaiting the outcome of Gov Okorocha's 'Review of the 10,000 jobs'. Those guys need to be put back to the income tab to reduce crime.
Good moves so far my Governor.

They should be FIRED. I repeat; F-I-R-E-D. If he accomodates them, the resources to do all these programmes will be drained . It is the height of laziness for graduates to always stand in lines waiting for state and local government jobs. How many jobs are there anyway? Create jobs yourself or laise with your friends during your days in school to do so. Do something with your hands/brains and stop being LAZY! He employes 10,000 at a go and you still expect him to perform? From where? Calculate the amount that will go into paying 10,000 workers every month and substract that from whatever that state earns every month and you will see how counter productive that venture is.
Re: Okorocha Disburses N2.7bn For Free Education In Imo by emekagh(m): 7:13pm On Jul 04, 2011
Some of you waste time responding to the perpetual pessimist -
Why don't you simply ignore her.

@ Topic,

Nice one from Rochas.
Re: Okorocha Disburses N2.7bn For Free Education In Imo by MeGaStReEt: 8:36pm On Jul 04, 2011
I laugh anytime I remember that Mr. Adam Oshiomole is the Gov. of Edo State. What a pity. . .
Re: Okorocha Disburses N2.7bn For Free Education In Imo by ak47mann(m): 9:02pm On Jul 04, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

I laugh anytime I remember that Mr. Adam Oshiomole is the Gov. of Edo State. What a pity. . .
meaning  cheesy i thought he is one of the best governor in edo undecided undecided ACN for that matter cool

POSTER

very soon i will start sending my cousin s and nephews to IMO state to enjoy free/quality education thank you thank you ANAMBRA people here we go tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Okorocha Disburses N2.7bn For Free Education In Imo by banom(m): 10:26am On Jul 05, 2011
Do any one really have time to discuss with kobojunkie, a petty minded yoruba tribalist, she is saying all that nonsense because Rochas is igbo, had it ben he is yoruba , she will be here singing the man's praises , was it not this same kobojunkie that defended Pastor E.A Adeboye when he used over 4billion naira of his poor followers to acquire a personal private jet ? a man some people regarded as a holy thief.
Re: Okorocha Disburses N2.7bn For Free Education In Imo by banom(m): 10:49am On Jul 05, 2011
Do any one really have time to discuss with kobojunkie, a petty minded yoruba tribalist, she is saying all that nonsense because Rochas is igbo, had it ben he is yoruba , she will be here singing the man's praises , was it not this same kobojunkie that defended Pastor E.A Adeboye when he used over 4billion naira of his poor followers to acquire a personal private jet ? a man some people regarded as a holy criminal.
Re: Okorocha Disburses N2.7bn For Free Education In Imo by mithel(m): 8:33pm On Jul 05, 2011
[size=18pt] ALERT ALERT ALERT

PUBLICITY STUNT! PUBLICITY STUNT! PUBLICITY STUNT! 
[/size]
Re: Okorocha Disburses N2.7bn For Free Education In Imo by EzeUche(m): 12:09am On Jul 06, 2011
^^^

Be original. . . grin
Re: Okorocha Disburses N2.7bn For Free Education In Imo by mithel(m): 1:07pm On Jul 06, 2011
^^^ Av u ever been wink
Re: Okorocha Disburses N2.7bn For Free Education In Imo by donchelsea: 4:57pm On Jul 06, 2011
But it is a good one, if those directly in charge will not divert the money.
keep it up the governor.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Name The Most Dreaded Student/ Thug During Your Secondary School Days.... / Check Your Waec Result For Free / Why Still A Lot Of Us Still Using The Word "SIR"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.