Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,166 members, 7,835,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down (17909 Views)

Bala Mohammed To Refund Monies For Nomination Forms To PDP Aspirants Who Lost / Court Orders APC To Open Case Against Obaseki In Forgery Suit / Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by orisa37: 8:20am On Mar 24, 2022
SUPPORTED.
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by amamahdaniel(m): 8:25am On Mar 24, 2022
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by itsene: 8:27am On Mar 24, 2022
Several scandalous moves by Mr President.
APC as a political party has been completely bastardized!
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by AgentGoat: 8:29am On Mar 24, 2022
Sirheny007:
If Tinubu can decode....
Better step down now to avoid humiliation.

See mumu
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by bayelsaowei(m): 8:34am On Mar 24, 2022
And if they refuse what happens?
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by shinealight(m): 8:35am On Mar 24, 2022
Sirheny007:
If Tinubu can decode....

For your information, Tinubu will be the consensus candidate for the Presidential ticket of APC come May 2022.
Many haters will be in shock but after that, they’re all welcome to visit the Lagos island OSA to do the needful. Who cares? grin grin
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by softwareman(m): 8:37am On Mar 24, 2022
Bhol28:
Tinubu is not contesting for party position.Do u even know the difference?
You guys sometimes need to stop DIGNIFYING some idiots on this forum with a response.
Basically, what some of them do is to deliberately post complete senselessness to elicit a response.
If you are walking down the street and a mad man abuses you, do u stop and start exchanging words?
BUT THIS IS PRECISELY WHAT YOU PEOPLE DO WHEN YOU BOTHER TO RESPOND TO THIS STACK RAVING TINUBU OBSESSED LUNATICS!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by pharmagba: 8:59am On Mar 24, 2022
Wanting to paint Buhari in good light at all cost at the demerit of a decision that was collectively taken
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by CoolAmbience(m): 9:03am On Mar 24, 2022
Sirheny007:
If Tinubu can decode....

Tinubu isn't contesting for any party position.

Elections within parties are usually better when driven by consensus to keep the party strong and united.

I understand your angle with Tinubu though. I think the right thing is to allow him his right to contest, that is the least anyone could do.
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by CoolAmbience(m): 9:13am On Mar 24, 2022
newhyt:
Something doesn't sound right about this Buhari's order.

In most countries that run democracy, like the U.S. that we copy from, the party chairman is the cheif negotiator of any coalition agreement. We have almost forgotten that the 2015 aggrieved APGA faction and the New PDP are part and parcel of the present day APC.

To avoid bad blood within the party, since the ACN and CPC blocs are evenly domineering, I think whatever consensus decision the party is making ought to be mutually agreed upon.

In the absence of a sitting chairman, the negotiation should be the job of internal working committee and BoT in lieu of executive order.

Could you come again?

Do you have any proof that the nPDP and APGA factions were not part of the ongoing engagements?

As for the dominance by the ACN and CPC blocs, that will continue to linger for a long time. It is only natural as the two blocs truly represent the soul of the coalition. We all know this.

Worse politics go on even in the advance countries that practice democracy, including the US. Let's not be deceived. At the end of the day, what we have are human societies.
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by famology(m): 9:32am On Mar 24, 2022
abc115:

https://punchng.com/convention-buhari-orders-apc-to-refund-monies-to-candidates-who-step-down/

This is fair. For those who willingly stepped down they've got to be refunded. Others who are sure of themselves should be allowed to contest. I pray they achieve consensus though.
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by famology(m): 9:34am On Mar 24, 2022
newhyt:
Something doesn't sound right about this Buhari's order.

In most countries that run democracy, like the U.S. that we copy from, the party chairman is the cheif negotiator of any coalition agreement. We have almost forgotten that the 2015 aggrieved APGA faction and the New PDP are part and parcel of the present day APC.

To avoid bad blood within the party, since the ACN and CPC blocs are evenly domineering, I think whatever consensus decision the party is making ought to be mutually agreed upon.

In the absence of a sitting chairman, the negotiation should be the job of internal working committee and BoT in lieu of executive order.

I think the new chairman will be from the new pdp bloc. Adamu Abdulahi......
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by famology(m): 9:36am On Mar 24, 2022
Parachoko:
Don't you guys get tired of this Tinubu talk everyday? No matter what happen in APC, una go start crying about how Tinubu should step down. undecided

It's a waste of time replying those people. Just scroll pass.
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by liasmiram2567: 9:41am On Mar 24, 2022
Bobloco:
"Buhari specifically told the governors to put the interest of the party ahead of theirs as it would be disastrous for the Peoples Democratic Party to return to power in 2023"

APC as a party already has a disastrous outing

The evidence are so glaring.

They should start packing thier bags because Atiku is coming

Ayiku is coming to Adamawa.You mean?
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by newhyt: 9:43am On Mar 24, 2022
CoolAmbience:

Could you come again?

Do you have any proof that the nPDP and APGA factions were not part of the ongoing engagements?

As for the dominance by the ACN and CPC blocs, that will continue to linger for a long time. It is only natural as the two blocs truly represent the soul of the coalition. We all know this.

Worse politics go on even in the advance countries that practice democracy, including the US. Let's not be deceived. At the end of the day, what we have are human societies.

You and I know that APC as a party lacks internal democracy. If you agree that ACN and CPC blocs are domineering, you are indirectly accepting that the interest of the smaller integral units are being eroded. Even the so-called consensus is a sheer imposition and not true to it's name. It's being piloted by a few actors from CPC bloc. That APGA and nPDP are silent does not translate to being properly represented. But like you said, it's still the human society.
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by famology(m): 9:43am On Mar 24, 2022
Mrshocker:
AcN faction can't own party chairman slot and presidential slot. The chairman slot belong to Buhari and his cpc kinsmen. He can handpicked anyone the way Tinubu handpicked oyegun and oshomole. ACN own the presidential slot this time. They can't own party structure!

Cpc will also handpick VP slot the way ACN handpicked osinbajo.

Adamu Abdulahi is not CPC. He's new pdp bloc.
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by famology(m): 9:46am On Mar 24, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

The ACN bloc is not domineering. It's rather the ANPP and CPC blocs. ACN blocs are rather noisemakers and cheerleaders. They have become wailers lately.

The Acn bloc have had more stake in the APC since its formation. It's not a subject for debate.
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by newhyt: 9:57am On Mar 24, 2022
famology:

I think the new chairman will be from the new pdp bloc. Adamu Abdulahi......

Abdulahi is no longer part of the consideration. You can read about that here:

https://googleweblight.com/sp?u=https://dailypost.ng/2022/03/23/apc-chairmanship-adamu-misses-screening-faces-disqualification/&grqid=8EB8klJ-&hl=en-NG

That is not even my point. I feel that APC needs to work on its internal structure to promote democracy therein. Even if the nominated Abdulahi had scaled through, it would still have amounted to imposition on party members by a few high-handed actors within the party. Like I said in my earlier post, this is meant to be a process of negotiation, directed by the BoT and relevant committee.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by mex22: 10:00am On Mar 24, 2022
Dictatorship
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by Arabaincubus: 10:24am On Mar 24, 2022
Buhari's order in a democracy.
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by AKWATGOLD1(m): 10:49am On Mar 24, 2022
APC Mayor has spoken. Let all lines fall in places to have smooth APC convention.
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by jaxxy(m): 10:59am On Mar 24, 2022
Mrshocker:
AcN faction can't own party chairman slot and presidential slot. The chairman slot belong to Buhari and his cpc kinsmen. He can handpicked anyone the way Tinubu handpicked oyegun and oshomole. ACN own the presidential slot this time. They can't own party structure!

Cpc will also handpick VP slot the way ACN handpicked osinbajo.

Be like say u never understand wetin dey happen. U dey speak grammer.
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by CoolAmbience(m): 12:13pm On Mar 24, 2022
newhyt:

You and I know that APC as a party lacks internal democracy. If you agree that ACN and CPC blocs are domineering, you are indirectly accepting that the interest of the smaller integral units are being eroded. Even the so-called consensus is a sheer imposition and not true to it's name. It's being piloted by a few actors from CPC bloc. That APGA and nPDP are silent does not translate to being properly represented. But like you said, it's still the human society.

There can't be balance in any human system

The word isn't domineering but dominant. It is unrealistic that the the nPDP and APGA elements in the APC will get equal amount of 'consideration'. The stakes obviously aren't the same. You know this.

The Isokos want to lead Delta state. So, do the Opobos, Okpes, Kalabaris, Okuns, Ijaws, Idomas and countless other small ethic groups, in different states where they are minorities.

In the advanced democracies, they call it the 'establishment' or something. The Bidens of this world have been in leadership for ages. You know this. Is that what democracy is all about? Macron was lucky to have emerged from outside the establishment. Same with Trump, who was sent packing, as quickly as possible. World governance systems are human creations with inherent flaws.

Consensus candidacies are strategies for minimizing foreseeable internal wrangling and tensions that could cause political parties to implode. Certainly, the nPDP and APGA elements will form part of the new party leadership, within the size of their stakes in the party. These stakes will grow with time, if the key actors continue to up their arts of politics.

That they are not being considered for the Chairmanship at the moment does not in any way erode their significance the union.

What sort of democracy does the US practice when for tons of decades, governance affairs has only been between the Democrats and Republicans? How could the interests of the other parties be made to bear on the nation with just two dominating the polity?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:44pm On Mar 24, 2022
famology:

The Acn bloc have had more stake in the APC since its formation. It's not a subject for debate.
Is that what they told you when you attended the class for morons.
Seems you graduated with a first class

Lying demented generationally cursed zombie
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by famology(m): 2:13pm On Mar 24, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Is that what they told you when you attended the class for morons.
Seems you graduated with a first class

Lying demented generationally cursed zombie

Hahahaha....... I'm your tormentor. You'll cry into 6ft. Fool from the womb. Descendant from the family of brain dead lunatics.
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:50pm On Mar 24, 2022
famology:

Hahahaha....... I'm your tormentor. You'll cry into 6ft. Fool from the womb. Descendant from the family of brain dead lunatics.

I can see how you're tormenting me so much you quoted me out of your in-born foolishness.

You're the one who is crying from thread to thread after Buhari has dumped you in the gutter after licking his ass for seven years.
You see how useless your existence is? grin grin grin
Like I told you already, you're more useless than a used sanitary pad. Lying demented generationally cursed zombie asslicker
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by Unruly7(m): 7:16pm On Mar 24, 2022
Bahamas95:
Oga come collect.

I'm close here sir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reps’ Minority Leadership: Atiku, Wike In Fresh War / Why Buhari Didn’t Attend South-east Economic, Security Summit— Presidency / I Have Done My Best As President — Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.