Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying (32279 Views)

How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) / Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe / Simple Tomato-less Stew: How To Make Stew Without Tomatoes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by Mooh247: 1:26pm On Mar 25, 2022
Sleekfingers:

There is nothing like white Amala....it is called LAFUN

Ok

Their is nothing called. Black Amala but OKA
Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by Alaefulu(m): 1:26pm On Mar 25, 2022
Yummy,men wey sabi cook like me,nonody go do us shakara

1 Like

Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by iLegendd(m): 1:30pm On Mar 25, 2022
Chopchopfine:
A special shout out to *Pocahontas* for sharing this amazing recipe.
I tried it out and I loved it.
I taught her how to cook.
Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by Nealson(m): 1:31pm On Mar 25, 2022
Nice one......please will this remove the sour taste?, because I just hate those sour taste that tomatoes do give

1 Like

Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by Sleekfingers: 1:31pm On Mar 25, 2022
Mooh247:

Ok

Their is nothing called. Black Amala but OKA

Amala is Amala. I don't know why people call it black Amala.
Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by simplesearch: 1:45pm On Mar 25, 2022
Zonefree:
Women and cooking...

Reminds me of Buhari and his infamous quote "My wife belongs to the kitchen".

One of their primary assignment from God. They are to be home maker, and how do you complete such an humongous institution with children and all without a stomach infrastructure. Even irrational feminist still know the way to their kitchen.
Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 25, 2022
This your buka stew is too thick. Buka stew is usually light with enough oil flowing on top. Very hot and spicy too.

Oh .. it's pocohantas/ igbo version? No wonder. lipsrsealed
Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by potent5(m): 1:59pm On Mar 25, 2022
Deltatoto:
once u fry anythg I don’t eat it upto plantain.I eat em boiled
Exactly.
Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by kemma002(f): 2:03pm On Mar 25, 2022
Really nice,thanks for sharing
Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by Ferya(f): 2:09pm On Mar 25, 2022
Chopchopfine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3efECtGNSA

@OP,
Well done sister but I have to say that there is nothing exciting in your cooking style. In my opinion, you did nothing innovative. In fact you wasted more ingredients and ate unhealthy stew. For example, you spiced your stew with curry, ginger, maggi cubes and so on 3 good times!!! [/b]

Did I watch you add both palm oil and vegetable oil? Sister, eating oily food is unhealthy!!

You avoided frying your oil and blended it grin grin You actually increased your risk of heart disease such as atherosclerosis. You also cooked your stew in less than 10 minutes and that shows the oil did not mix well. If you look closely you will find the oil floating on top of your stew grin

May be you should cook it a bit longer. Personally, I try to make my stew without adding oil but I sometimes use little quantity of vegetable oil. However, I appreciate the time and efforts you spent making that video.

1 Like

Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by igbsam(m): 2:14pm On Mar 25, 2022
Will try this out this weekend. Will use Pork and Chicken instead. Anything red meat, i don comot hand

1 Like

Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by callmetoniaa: 2:19pm On Mar 25, 2022
My ex boyfriend cooks his,this way, and it turns out very fantastic.. the only one good thing I missed during the break up was this..

1 Like

Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by twosquare(m): 2:24pm On Mar 25, 2022
@Chopchopfine

Next time, please use iron spoon rather than plastic to be cooking for your health's sake. Thanks.
Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by Anaerobi(m): 2:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
My mom has been doing it this way for more than 2 decades now

Nice one for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by phemmyfour: 2:33pm On Mar 25, 2022
Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by Chopchopfine: 2:36pm On Mar 25, 2022
Use tatashe and sobor
princeemmma:
taaaaaa na camera make the soup fresh like that, if person cook am for house, the thing no go even red like that...... abi na me wey no sabi cook ni grin grin grin
Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by Chopchopfine: 2:37pm On Mar 25, 2022
It's not plastic, and I can't use iron spoon on my non-stick pot.
twosquare:
@Chopchopfine

Next time, please use iron spoon rather than plastic to be cooking for your health's sake. Thanks.
Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by Chopchopfine: 2:38pm On Mar 25, 2022
I used goat meat, goat meat is not red meat
igbsam:
Will try this out this weekend. Will use Pork and Chicken instead. Anything red meat, i don comot hand
Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by Chopchopfine: 2:42pm On Mar 25, 2022
Mr health worker.there is nothing wrong with adding ginger and garlic at separate time, and I only use 2 cubes of Maggie. Sometimes you people will just talk as if any other person doesn't have sense or we nor go school.
Eat what you want and allow me to eat what I want.
Ferya:

@OP,
Well done sister but I have to say that there is nothing exciting in your cooking style. In my opinion, you did nothing innovative. In fact you wasted more ingredients and ate unhealthy stew. For example, you spiced your stew with curry, ginger, maggi cubes and so on 3 good times!!! [/b]

Did I watch you add both palm oil and vegetable oil? Sister, eating oily food is unhealthy!!

You avoided frying your oil and blended it grin grin You actually increased your risk of heart disease such as atherosclerosis. You also cooked your stew in less than 10 minutes and that shows the oil did not mix well. If you look closely you will find the oil floating on top of your stew grin

May be you should cook it a bit longer. Personally, I try to make my stew without adding oil but I sometimes use little quantity of vegetable oil. However, I appreciate the time and efforts you spent making that video.

2 Likes

Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by Chopchopfine: 2:44pm On Mar 25, 2022
It's called preference. I like my stew thick and the reason why it is always light is because it is for commercial use. If it is thick like it should be, the person will run at a lost.
Mercychen:
This your buka stew is too thick. Buka stew is usually light with enough oil flowing on top. Very hot and spicy too.

1 Like

Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by Chopchopfine: 2:46pm On Mar 25, 2022
Yes it will, and most of the time the sour taste is as a result of tin tomatoes. I didn't use any.
Nealson:
Nice one......please will this remove the sour taste?, because I just hate those sour taste that tomatoes do give

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by pocohantas(f): 2:48pm On Mar 25, 2022
Mercychen:

I never called it buka stew, because for a start, you don’t use vegetable oil for buka stew. I don’t igborize meals that are not native to Igbos. Nah, I don’t. So leave me and my igbohood out of this.

https://www.nairaland.com/6354355/how-make-buka-stew-pictures This is my buka stew recipe and it is right there that buka stew is FLUID with enough oil. You do so well with criticism. Hopefully one day you will bless us with your wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 25, 2022
author=Chopchopfine post=111358379]It's called preference. I like my stew thick
Ok. Your preference. Cool.

the reason why it is always light is because it is for commercial use. If it is thick like it should be, the person will run at a lost.
Nope. Its not light because it's for commercial use. That's how my Yoruba people cook it.
I grew up on the island. So I know what I'm saying. "Omi obe" is never thick.
Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 25, 2022
pocohantas:

I never called it buka stew, because for a start, you don’t use vegetable oil for buka stew. I don’t igborize meals that are not native to Igbos. Nah, I don’t. So leave me and my igbohood out of this.

https://www.nairaland.com/6354355/how-make-buka-stew-pictures This is my buka stew recipe and it is right there that buka stew is FLUID with enough oil. You do so well with criticism. Hopefully one day you will bless us with your wisdom.

Hahahahaaaa... It's her fault o. She was the one who called it buka stew pocos way.

It's all good though.
Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by pocohantas(f): 2:53pm On Mar 25, 2022
Obagofixxy:
wow I will try this, I love cooking sha, the one I know is cooking tin tomatoes till the soar thirst vanishes but I will try this...... It looks delicious and yummy

Tin tomato in your stew is as useless as the “P” in psychology. Please delete it. If you choose to continue with it, do not use it for this stewing method.

Nealson:

So far as there is oil in the pot and it is exposed to heat, at some point it would begin to FRY. Albeit not as intensely as the frying method. If it remains longer on heat, then the water would evaporate (considerably) and it would fry more. Yes, the sour taste would be eradicated, just patiently allow it boil on medium heat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by BeardedShaman: 3:01pm On Mar 25, 2022
Chopchopfine:
A special shout out to *Pocahontas* for sharing this amazing recipe.
I tried it out and I loved it.

Hey mama
Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by BeardedShaman: 3:02pm On Mar 25, 2022
Cc
Pocahontas

You got to give me the recipe to thos genius. It looks cheaper and easier go make
Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by pocohantas(f): 3:03pm On Mar 25, 2022
BeardedShaman:
Cc
Pocahontas

You got to give me the recipe to thos genius. It looks cheaper and easier go make

Spices to what?
Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by symbianDON(m): 3:08pm On Mar 25, 2022
Joy thanks for posting this...lovely!
Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by BeardedShaman: 3:11pm On Mar 25, 2022
pocohantas:

Spices to what?

Sorry, typos. The OP credited you for the recipe and I'm pleading to have them is all I'm saying.
Re: Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying by rickleye: 3:13pm On Mar 25, 2022
If you are not married and available - Let us talk smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See 4 Of The Easiest Foods To Cook / Lady Feeds 40 People On Christmas Day (Photos) / Strange Particles Found In Chivita Orange Pineapple Fruit Juice (Rumor)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.