Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,530 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) (3091 Views)

Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen / Akinwunmi Adeshina Attends G7 Summit, Buhari Snubbed - Reno Omokri (Photos) / "I Just Want All Appointments To Be North"- A Northerner To Reno Omokri (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by press9jatv: 10:58am On Mar 24, 2022
Tribute To The Yoruba by Reno Omokri

People often assume the Yoruba are so successful as an ethnic nationality due to their thirst for education, and how it has penetrated down even amongst their remotest rural communities. But study them. Their culture of respect opens doors for them that even education cannot open. Diplomacy gives them supremacy.

And their culture is often mistaken for what it is not by others who do not understand them as a people. What some people ignorantly call cowardice, or sycophancy, is stooping to conquer. It is both a military and diplomatic strategy.

This is what Scripture meant in 2 Corinthians 10:4 “The weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty”. Wisdom, courtesy, diplomacy, and praise are all weapons. A weapon is anything you can use to achieve your strategic objective. It does not always have to be a physically offensive weapon.

But are the Yorubas even cowards, as some people accuse them to be? Well, let us let the facts speak for themselves.

In the history of Nigeria, only two men have returned to Nigeria to face almost certain death even when they had the option of a very comfortable political asylum abroad. Both of them are Yoruba. In 1985, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida toppled the Buhari regime while Major General Tunde Idiagbon (mixed Yoruba/Fulani) was at Mecca yet Idiagbon returned.

In 1995, Olusegun Obasanjo (pure Owu Yoruba) was accused of planning a coup by the blood thirsty tyrant, Abacha (if you do not like that truthful description of Abacha or if you believe that 'Abacha did not loot', you can go and join him where he is) while he was away in Copenaghen.
He was informed by the then US Ambassador, Walter Carrington, that Abacha meant to arrest, try and execute him, and was offered political asylum in the United States.

He returned to face almost certain death.

What more example of bravery can there be than these two shining ones.

Furthermore, there is the apocryphal example of Colonel Francis Adekunle Fajuyi who chose to die with the then Head of State, Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi, rather than abandon his guest, which he was at liberty to do.

In addition to the above, in my opinion, they are the least likely to maintain and retain their cultural values, when it clashes with other cultures.

I love how they retain their full culture when they travel abroad. It is a rarity amongst Africans. When you visit London, you may be confused if you think Yoruba is the only African language in existence.

A Yoruba man can enter a quiet bus and receive a phone call and speak in Yoruba, and won’t feel embarrassed. And I am not referring to a Johnny Just Come. I am referring to second generation Yorubas who were born and brought up in England,

I have been traveling the world from childhood, yet I have not encountered people doing that with much wider [/b]spoken African languages, such as Swahili and Hausa.

They may speak it privately in their homes abroad. but not publicly, and even if they do, it is not to the extent of the Yoruba.

It has gotten to the extent that the Metropolitan Police now recruit Yoruba speaking Constables, and Harrods now employ Yoruba speaking cashiers. Oh please do not just take my words at face value. Fact check me.

Go to Houston on a Sunday, you will see Yoruba people everywhere in their native wears, adire, plus abeti aja and eleti aja.

[b]Here in California, other Africans now draw crowd to their parties by saying ‘the Nigerians will be there.’

This will annoy other tribes, including mine, however, when foreigners talk about how cool Nigerians are, they are usually referring to Yorubas.

Take it or leave it, but the Yoruba are the most progressive Black people on the face of planet Earth.

They produced the first Black African Nobel laureate for an academic category (Wole Soyinka), and the first Black African military ruler to have voluntarily handed over to a civilian President (Olusegun Obasanjo), and the first Nigerian to win a Grammy Award (Sade Adu) as well as the first person born and bred in Africa to have won a Pulitzer Prize (Dele Olojede).

The reason why Yorubas are the biggest music stars of Nigerian origin is because they are unabashedly Yoruba. They do not try to sing or act like Westerners. They are very in-your-face with their Yoruba-ness. And when people like themselves to such a high degree, others tend to join them in liking them.

There are an estimated 15 Black billionaires on Planet Earth. Three of them are Yoruba. More than any ethnic nationality in Africa.

US President, Joe Biden, named a Yoruba man, Adewale Adeyemo, as deputy Treasury Secretary. This is the highest position to which a Black African has been appointed (not elected) in US history. Another Yoruba man, Dr. Oluyinka Olutoye, became the first person on Earth to successfully perform a surgery by taking out an unborn fetus from its mother’s womb and putting it back after the surgery.

77% of all Black doctors in America, and a very large percentage of these are Yoruba.

I commend the Edekiri people (the real name of the Yoruba). You guys are oni te si iwaju.

#TableShaker #RenosNuggets

Reno Omokri

Gospeller. Deep Thinker. #1 Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years. Avid traveller. Hollywood Magazine Film Festival Humanitarian of the Year, 2019

YouTube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4iNJjgk9wg

- [ ] Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQoak-TBzNj/
Website link : https://www.yorubayouthnews.com/2021/06/reno-omokri-writes-special-tribute-to.html?m=1

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by press9jatv: 10:58am On Mar 24, 2022
More pictures

Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by press9jatv: 11:01am On Mar 24, 2022
More photos

Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by press9jatv: 11:02am On Mar 24, 2022
More

Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by Shetemi12(m): 11:02am On Mar 24, 2022
LoL... If you like do tribute to every Yoruba name after name. We don't care after you constantly insult our leaders. We respect our elders

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by kettykings: 11:04am On Mar 24, 2022
This fool needs to be told about Ukraine that is a small country fighting a bigger neighbor Russia. If Ukraine is classified a hero or a country filled with heroes then why are people who chicken out of war classified heroes in Nigeria and those who take on the useless big for nothing Goliath classified as cowards, only in nigeria is such existing

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 24, 2022
Hmmm this is deep
Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by AshiwajuFoward: 11:09am On Mar 24, 2022
This guy needs to get a life. One minute he's whining you with flattery, and the next he's disparaging you with jabs.

6 Likes

Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by omenkaLives(m): 11:10am On Mar 24, 2022
No one gives a rat's ass what this retard has got to say about Yorubas. He should take his flattery and unsolicited sermon to those fools from the other side who extol his stupidity as devine.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by Amotolongbo(f): 11:13am On Mar 24, 2022
kettykings:
This fool needs to be told about Ukraine that is a small country fighting a bigger neighbor Russia. If Ukraine is classified a hero or a country filled with heroes then why are people who chicken out of war classified heroes in Nigeria and those who take on the useless big for nothing Goliath classified as cowards, only in nigeria is such existing
This analogy is needless and more foolish

6 Likes

Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by kettykings: 11:14am On Mar 24, 2022
Amotolongbo:
This analogy is needless and more foolish

Yes very foolish analogy and useless analysis

2 Likes

Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by tamdun: 11:14am On Mar 24, 2022
The tactics u used on igbo people won't work on yoruba people.

6 Likes

Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by Racoon(m): 11:15am On Mar 24, 2022
Nice writeup. Everyone has his/her good and bad part. Commend & criticise when the need arise accordingly
Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by ABIODUN105(m): 11:17am On Mar 24, 2022
Lovely write up

Reno Omokri is gradually renouncing his tribe on the verge of adopting Yoruba tribe
Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by Racoon(m): 11:17am On Mar 24, 2022
[s]
omenkaLives:
No one gives a rat's ass what this retard has got to say about Yorubas. He should take his flattery and unsolicited sermon to those fools from the other side who extol his stupidity as devine.
[/s] Benue man! Let Yorubas speak first.

8 Likes

Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by JAMO84: 11:25am On Mar 24, 2022
This werey thinks that my head will be swelling, because he praised my ethnic group.

NOTHING RENO OMOKRY SAYS CAN MOVE ME, NOTHING.

4 Likes

Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by illicit(m): 11:28am On Mar 24, 2022
Tinubu can not appoint u

STFU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by Salvador1: 11:28am On Mar 24, 2022
omenkaLives:
Yoruba man.
Always angered any time Yoruba issue is being raised.

Mr Benue wannabe.

6 Likes

Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by Brexxit(m): 11:32am On Mar 24, 2022
Reno forgot to add that they have a PhD in skull mining and are very talented in organs harvesting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by Onepeople: 11:34am On Mar 24, 2022
omenkaLives:
i thought you are from benue? What have changed? Hypocrisy and propaganda is what you guy's are known for, imagine claiming another man's land and tribe in order to deceive the gullible. Most of you will not end well i swear.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by LegendHero(m): 11:40am On Mar 24, 2022
Lol who cares.

The Yorubas are not insecure breeds, we know our value and we don’t need a degenerate like Reno to give us tribute to feel important.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by Idiko1: 11:42am On Mar 24, 2022
press9jatv:
Tribute To The Yoruba by Reno Omokri

People often assume the Yoruba are so successful as an ethnic nationality due to their thirst for education, and how it has penetrated down even amongst their remotest rural communities. But study them. Their culture of respect opens doors for them that even education cannot open. Diplomacy gives them supremacy.

And their culture is often mistaken for what it is not by others who do not understand them as a people. What some people ignorantly call cowardice, or sycophancy, is stooping to conquer. It is both a military and diplomatic strategy.

This is what Scripture meant in 2 Corinthians 10:4 “The weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty”. Wisdom, courtesy, diplomacy, and praise are all weapons. A weapon is anything you can use to achieve your strategic objective. It does not always have to be a physically offensive weapon.

But are the Yorubas even cowards, as some people accuse them to be? Well, let us let the facts speak for themselves.

In the history of Nigeria, only two men have returned to Nigeria to face almost certain death even when they had the option of a very comfortable political asylum abroad. Both of them are Yoruba. In 1985, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida toppled the Buhari regime while Major General Tunde Idiagbon (mixed Yoruba/Fulani) was at Mecca yet Idiagbon returned.

In 1995, Olusegun Obasanjo (pure Owu Yoruba) was accused of planning a coup by the blood thirsty tyrant, Abacha (if you do not like that truthful description of Abacha or if you believe that 'Abacha did not loot', you can go and join him where he is) while he was away in Copenaghen.
He was informed by the then US Ambassador, Walter Carrington, that Abacha meant to arrest, try and execute him, and was offered political asylum in the United States.

He returned to face almost certain death.

What more example of bravery can there be than these two shining ones.

Furthermore, there is the apocryphal example of Colonel Francis Adekunle Fajuyi who chose to die with the then Head of State, Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi, rather than abandon his guest, which he was at liberty to do.

In addition to the above, in my opinion, they are the least likely to maintain and retain their cultural values, when it clashes with other cultures.

I love how they retain their full culture when they travel abroad. It is a rarity amongst Africans. When you visit London, you may be confused if you think Yoruba is the only African language in existence.

A Yoruba man can enter a quiet bus and receive a phone call and speak in Yoruba, and won’t feel embarrassed. And I am not referring to a Johnny Just Come. I am referring to second generation Yorubas who were born and brought up in England,

I have been traveling the world from childhood, yet I have not encountered people doing that with much wider [/b]spoken African languages, such as Swahili and Hausa.

They may speak it privately in their homes abroad. but not publicly, and even if they do, it is not to the extent of the Yoruba.

It has gotten to the extent that the Metropolitan Police now recruit Yoruba speaking Constables, and Harrods now employ Yoruba speaking cashiers. Oh please do not just take my words at face value. Fact check me.

Go to Houston on a Sunday, you will see Yoruba people everywhere in their native wears, adire, plus abeti aja and eleti aja.

[b]Here in California, other Africans now draw crowd to their parties by saying ‘the Nigerians will be there.’

This will annoy other tribes, including mine, however, when foreigners talk about how cool Nigerians are, they are usually referring to Yorubas.

Take it or leave it, but the Yoruba are the most progressive Black people on the face of planet Earth.

They produced the first Black African Nobel laureate for an academic category (Wole Soyinka), and the first Black African military ruler to have voluntarily handed over to a civilian President (Olusegun Obasanjo), and the first Nigerian to win a Grammy Award (Sade Adu) as well as the first person born and bred in Africa to have won a Pulitzer Prize (Dele Olojede).

The reason why Yorubas are the biggest music stars of Nigerian origin is because they are unabashedly Yoruba. They do not try to sing or act like Westerners. They are very in-your-face with their Yoruba-ness. And when people like themselves to such a high degree, others tend to join them in liking them.

There are an estimated 15 Black billionaires on Planet Earth. Three of them are Yoruba. More than any ethnic nationality in Africa.

US President, Joe Biden, named a Yoruba man, Adewale Adeyemo, as deputy Treasury Secretary. This is the highest position to which a Black African has been appointed (not elected) in US history. Another Yoruba man, Dr. Oluyinka Olutoye, became the first person on Earth to successfully perform a surgery by taking out an unborn fetus from its mother’s womb and putting it back after the surgery.

77% of all Black doctors in America, and a very large percentage of these are Yoruba.

I commend the Edekiri people (the real name of the Yoruba). You guys are oni te si iwaju.

#TableShaker #RenosNuggets

Reno Omokri

Gospeller. Deep Thinker. #1 Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years. Avid traveller. Hollywood Magazine Film Festival Humanitarian of the Year, 2019

YouTube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4iNJjgk9wg

- [ ] Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQoak-TBzNj/
Website link : https://www.yorubayouthnews.com/2021/06/reno-omokri-writes-special-tribute-to.html?m=1

Just based on the bolded, I state unequivocally Reno Omokri is a trained fool. The best human action for a fool is to remain silent. If you failed in so-called enlightened pedigree to get story of Lt. Col. Francis Adekunle Fajuyi correctly, it goes that all examples cited on this piece of crap are idiotic too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by Frigga13: 11:46am On Mar 24, 2022
grin
Yoruba don wake from Reno mumu pressing..

Reno soon you will be on your own..

But why Reno no Dey ever hype his itshikiri people .. or even urhobo their cousin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by TheComicGuy(m): 12:02pm On Mar 24, 2022
Yourba amaka grin

2 Likes

Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by colorsofrainbow: 12:11pm On Mar 24, 2022
illicit:
Tinubu can not appoint u

STFU
Appoint him as nyash cleaner or pampers changer? grin
Like Reno cares??
All these our sophisticated brethren self grin grin
Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by VladimirPutiin(m): 1:03pm On Mar 24, 2022
This is turning into another tribal war. But Reno sef grin grin
Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 1:06pm On Mar 24, 2022
[s]
omenkaLives:
[/s]
are you a Yoruba? NO
are you from SW NO
are you from the south NO

so why the attachee by force omenka?
why why why?

1 Like

Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by LordIsaac(m): 1:18pm On Mar 24, 2022
He is right. It is a race to behold.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by LLiKYekoba: 1:19pm On Mar 24, 2022
Salvador1:
Yoruba man.
Always angered any time Yoruba issue is being raised.

Mr Benue wannabe.

The mugu dey always hide him bald skull behind benue, yet has all the body odour of a bonsurudeen bayerabe. grin

Make I call Lordviccodaguru a.k.a. victor adaojo from Benue make him confirm whether na him brother. grin

2 Likes

Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by seanwilliam(m): 1:21pm On Mar 24, 2022
He’s right . But things like this no Dey move me
Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by alshalz(m): 1:22pm On Mar 24, 2022
Political appointment!!!,smartly taken side,don't worry time shall tell,Reno
Re: Tribute To The Yoruba By Reno Omokri(photos) by laiperi: 1:36pm On Mar 24, 2022
Let us be honest. What Reno wrote and much more have been written by many Africans, Nigerians from every part of the country and scholars around the world.

There is nothing new here.

The Nigerians that disparage Yoruba do it on Yoruba land and climb on top of Yoruba Culture to elevate their own. They have nothing else to compare themselves to for national or world recognition.

This is why people and cultures in Africa and around the world identify with Yoruba. You hardly find Yoruba forcefully converting people into their religion.

Indeed, this must be repeated. If some people have a choice of ruling a whole country or ruling Yoruba in Yoruba land, their choice is clear.

They want Yoruba.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Palliatives A Woman Received In Keffi, Nassarawa State. / BREAKING: Finally, IPOB Announces End To Sit-at-home In South-east / Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.