Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video (37469 Views)

NYSC Reacts To Unwholesome Dance By Corps Members. / Deeper Life Church Member Shares Photo Of Corps Member Wearing Khaki Skirt / NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video by Theunbothered: 8:05pm On Mar 24, 2022
Treasure17:
People should learn to be more open-minded.

They should not be so open minded that their brains fall out
Re: ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video by emmy9500: 8:14pm On Mar 24, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see her being fished out and sent home.

This I have seen.

I dey Oyo camp and I can tell you that place is not even in Oyo NYSC camp not to talk of the person
Re: ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video by Heterodox(m): 8:15pm On Mar 24, 2022
She could have taken exemption.
Re: ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video by iriakanns(m): 8:20pm On Mar 24, 2022
lonelydora:
What's wrong in her wearing skirt? As long as she is wearing shimi (becausee I know she won't wear tight) inside, no issue.

If her believe is against it, why disturb her?

Heaven is the goal, bikonu.

Exactly, I don see corpers wey dey wear hijab untop their uniform and we no dey hear shout oh. Since we say we no go get sense, then make everybody dey do as them like for the country.

1 Like

Re: ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video by Kdon2: 8:39pm On Mar 24, 2022
UDOKABESTLUV:
Management of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in Oyo State has debunked a video making the rounds that a female corps member was wearing a long white skirt instead of the standard white shorts at the orientation camp, Iseyin.

Photos and Videos sighted by show a female corps member wearing white and khaki skirts at one of the NYSC orientation camps.

Assistant Director, Press and Public Relations Unit, NYSC, Oyo State, Mrs Olatoye Christy, in a statement, said that no such corps member was present at the orientation camp, adding that every corps member is abiding with the rules of the scheme.

"The attention of the management of the NYSC Oyo State has been drawn to the video that has gone viral in the social media showing an unidentified corps member that was purportedly spotted in NYSC Oyo State camp wearing a long white skirt instead of the conventional white short," she said.

It is important to set the record straight that the scene was never captured in Oyo State camp. Corps members are mandated to always put on the white T-shirt and white shorts as their uniform in camp and there was never any corps member who refused to comply with the NYSC dress code whether based on religious belief or any other reason.

“The NYSC camp is a regimented setting and no individual can be allowed to behave contrary to the rules and regulations guiding the orientation exercise. The general public is hereby advised to disregard the video as a scenario in Oyo camp as such never happened in the permanent orientation camp, Iseyin."

See Photos As Obtained By Below:

Una dey mad nysc o! If you can accommodate hijab based on religious belief then you must accept the belief of other beliefs. Hippocrates

1 Like

Re: ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video by Kdon2: 8:41pm On Mar 24, 2022
filleSouriante:
To serve Nigeria no be by force o. Aunty Biko goan take exemption. Abi which Kain rubbish be this undecided

U wan use skirt do man o war drillings abi na army own u wan use m do. Dem hypocrites, like say she no wear tight or pant under that thing she wear

Tell that to hijab people hiding under religious belief. Everybody get right in our country.

1 Like

Re: ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video by Transcriber: 9:45pm On Mar 24, 2022
filleSouriante:
To serve Nigeria no be by force o. Aunty Biko goan take exemption. Abi which Kain rubbish be this undecided

U wan use skirt do man o war drillings abi na army own u wan use m do. Dem hypocrites, like say she no wear tight or pant under that thing she wear
Cest fini shocked cheesy

1 Like

Re: ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video by Tomek09(m): 9:49pm On Mar 24, 2022
Pele10:
Depper Life core member maintaing the standard.
Useless standard. Na dem fvck pass. Shameless hypocrites embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video by Prettychild(f): 9:55pm On Mar 24, 2022
UDOKABESTLUV:
Management of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in Oyo State has debunked a video making the rounds that a female corps member was wearing a long white skirt instead of the standard white shorts at the orientation camp, Iseyin.

Photos and Videos sighted by show a female corps member wearing white and khaki skirts at one of the NYSC orientation camps.

Assistant Director, Press and Public Relations Unit, NYSC, Oyo State, Mrs Olatoye Christy, in a statement, said that no such corps member was present at the orientation camp, adding that every corps member is abiding with the rules of the scheme.

"The attention of the management of the NYSC Oyo State has been drawn to the video that has gone viral in the social media showing an unidentified corps member that was purportedly spotted in NYSC Oyo State camp wearing a long white skirt instead of the conventional white short," she said.

It is important to set the record straight that the scene was never captured in Oyo State camp. Corps members are mandated to always put on the white T-shirt and white shorts as their uniform in camp and there was never any corps member who refused to comply with the NYSC dress code whether based on religious belief or any other reason.

“The NYSC camp is a regimented setting and no individual can be allowed to behave contrary to the rules and regulations guiding the orientation exercise. The general public is hereby advised to disregard the video as a scenario in Oyo camp as such never happened in the permanent orientation camp, Iseyin."

See Photos As Obtained By Below:
What is bad there? After all, it’s her right. Besides, some female paramilitary do wear skirts so there is nothing wrong with it.
Re: ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video by silverkings: 10:28pm On Mar 24, 2022
uchaymart:
the background of this pic is no where close to ISEYIN CAMP, OYO STATE.

the sun alone there would make her change to something light.

Ibadan is hot but ISEYIN is times 5 of IBADAN weather embarassed embarassed embarassed

ISEYIN CAMP is a very neat camp BTW

I REP AJIMOBI BOYS.

That hostel contained over 800boys during my camp there grin angry

My PPA was Government Technical College Iseyin
Re: ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video by olowo1930: 10:37pm On Mar 24, 2022
filleSouriante:

don't forget we were united by force in this country.Hausa can never be friendly with Yoruba and Igbo, and Igbo can never be friendly with Hausa and Yoruba, so that is it

1 Like

Re: ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video by uchaymart(m): 11:11pm On Mar 24, 2022
silverkings:

That hostel contained over 800boys during my camp there grin angry

My PPA was Government Technical College Iseyin
HAHAHA........THAT,S THE FUN PART OF IT. YOU STAYED IN THE HOSTEL CLOSE TO CAMP CLINIC?
Re: ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video by TruthinAction: 11:32pm On Mar 24, 2022
lonelydora:
What's wrong in her wearing skirt? As long as she is wearing shimi (becausee I know she won't wear tight) inside, no issue.

So, if she put on trousers, she will not make heaven?
Re: ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video by Rajosh(m): 12:03am On Mar 25, 2022
I've never been a fan of this but as it stands, since hijab is allowed, she should be allowed too. After all their reasons are based on religion.

1 Like

Re: ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video by BRATISLAVA: 5:17am On Mar 25, 2022
Pele10:
Depper Life core member maintaing the standard.

Fake standard
Re: ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video by BRATISLAVA: 5:18am On Mar 25, 2022
Rajosh:
I've never been a fan of this but as it stands, since hijab is allowed, she should be allowed too. After all their reasons are based on religion.

Religion isn't enforced unless by terrorism and threat. Male members of her religion should go wild and demand a new law for themselves. Instead they are against her dressing.

1 Like

Re: ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video by phemmyfour: 7:28am On Mar 25, 2022
lonelydora:

Same heaven instruct you to obey constituted authority. Skirts are not part of nysc kits according to rules and regulations on dressing
Re: ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video by silverkings: 8:59am On Mar 25, 2022
uchaymart:

HAHAHA........THAT,S THE FUN PART OF IT. YOU STAYED IN THE HOSTEL CLOSE TO CAMP CLINIC?
I was inside AJIMOBI HOSTEL grin grin. It is opposite the clinic.

One night after social activities, we were awake with our usual noise making grin grin The noise coming out of that hostel that very night can keep the whole Iseyin awake grin grin Naso soldiers evicted all the boys from the building and punished all of us severely. Our saving grace was that the next day was Sunday. Some of us slept till 12noon. It was a long night for us. I enjoyed the camp and Iseyin. Corona virus truncated the fun
Re: ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video by Kfed4ril(m): 9:04am On Mar 25, 2022
uchaymart:
the background of this pic is no where close to ISEYIN CAMP, OYO STATE.

the sun alone there would make her change to something light.

Ibadan is hot but ISEYIN is times 5 of IBADAN weather embarassed embarassed embarassed

ISEYIN CAMP is a very neat camp BTW

I REP AJIMOBI BOYS.

I don forget my hostel name that year, but I think it’s olubadan, the one close to the clinic
Re: ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 25, 2022
Masterito:
Can I see the camo picture?

Re: ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video by uchaymart(m): 1:21pm On Mar 25, 2022
Kfed4ril:

I don forget my hostel name that year, but I think it’s olubadan, the one close to the clinic

yes that is the name................
Re: ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video by uchaymart(m): 1:39pm On Mar 25, 2022
silverkings:
I was inside AJIMOBI HOSTEL grin grin. It is opposite the clinic.

One night after social activities, we were awake with our usual noise making grin grin The noise coming out of that hostel that very night can keep the whole Iseyin awake grin grin Naso soldiers evicted all the boys from the building and punished all of us severely. Our saving grace was that the next day was Sunday. Some of us slept till 12noon. It was a long night for us. I enjoyed the camp and Iseyin. Corona virus truncated the fun

same thing with my set.........on this day at exactly 1 am, soldiers/camp commander paid us a visit in the hostel (Ajimobi hostel), matched everyone out. there was a slight/shower rainfall, they asked us all to take off our shirts, sit on the ground and enjoy the cold weather with them. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video by silverkings: 1:44pm On Mar 25, 2022
uchaymart:

same thing with my set.........on this day at exactly 1 am, soldiers/camp commander paid us a visit in the hostel (Ajimobi hostel), matched everyone out. there was a slight/shower rainfall, they asked us all to take off our shirts, sit on the ground and enjoy the cold weather with them. grin grin grin
grin grin
Re: ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video by lagosrd: 6:55pm On Mar 25, 2022
DarkJeddi:
She is free not to attend the NYSC..
It is a fundamental right..

Same way hijab wearing police and students cannot abuse fundamental rights in a secular country like Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa / Corper Proposes To Female Colleague In Jigawa Camp? (Photos) / Oluwole Adetiran Is Dead! NYSC Anthem Composer Dies At 75

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.