Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

A Book Referencing App I Created - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / A Book Referencing App I Created (1018 Views)

Check Out My New Forum App I Created And Give Me Honest Opinions / Review My App I Built From Scratch / See The Web App I Made For Checking COVID-19 Stats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Book Referencing App I Created by GreaterDC(m): 1:55pm On Mar 24, 2022
Good day fellow programmers;
I am someone who normally carry academic research, almost on a daily basis, and you know the implication, "proper referencing" in other not to be sued for plagiarism.
So the idea of creating an app like this, comes from the need to prevent myself from always writing down every references of the resource I consulted.
I tried my best to ensure that it meet minimum standard, and also to ease my research workflow..
Some of the feasures associated with this app are highlighted as followssadpros)
#Fully powered by sqlite, to always retain my references, at any circumstances;
#To share and export my references to my research work, as means through either .txt or .docx format;
#To make my research work flexible, in suggesting ways choosing between MLA style or APA style of reference;
#To facilitate sharing of references across several media;
#To ease my self from sorting out, how some books are being referenced, such as referencing final year projects, dissertations, and the likes;

Cons:
#Still working on the app to enable export all references in alphabetical order, and in best arrangement.

Though the app might not be best to professionals, but I created it mainky for personal purposes. It is so funny that I wrote this app with my Tecno Pop 2f, using Java and Xml layout editor. Also I still regard myself a beginner having come to light of android in January, 2022.

Your reviews of the app will be appreciative..

Re: A Book Referencing App I Created by GreaterDC(m): 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2022
More pics

Re: A Book Referencing App I Created by LikeAking: 7:47pm On Mar 24, 2022
Abeeg explain more @ book referencing.
Re: A Book Referencing App I Created by GreaterDC(m): 3:31am On Mar 25, 2022
LikeAking:
Abeeg explain more @ book referencing.

When writing a research you definitely going to Reference those sources you consulted, the act of referencing them more easily brought about the creation of the app.
Re: A Book Referencing App I Created by DeathToAfonja: 11:29am On Mar 25, 2022
Shyte
Re: A Book Referencing App I Created by LikeAking: 3:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
GreaterDC:

When writing a research you definitely going to Reference those sources you consulted, the act of referencing them more easily brought about the creation of the app.

Ok.....!

Like google?
Re: A Book Referencing App I Created by GreaterDC(m): 4:59pm On Mar 25, 2022
DeathToAfonja:
Shyte
Pardon
Re: A Book Referencing App I Created by DeathToAfonja: 6:40pm On Mar 25, 2022
GreaterDC:

Pardon

The app
Re: A Book Referencing App I Created by EbenG(m): 10:05pm On Mar 25, 2022
Welldone
Re: A Book Referencing App I Created by GreaterDC(m): 2:22am On Mar 26, 2022
DeathToAfonja:

The app
What happened to it sir
Re: A Book Referencing App I Created by DeathToAfonja: 2:24am On Mar 26, 2022
GreaterDC:

What happened to it sir

It's Shyte
Re: A Book Referencing App I Created by GreaterDC(m): 7:36am On Mar 26, 2022
DeathToAfonja:

It's Shyte
meaning of shyte
Re: A Book Referencing App I Created by airsaylongcome: 7:04pm On Mar 26, 2022
Doesn't Microsoft Word already have all of this? Since most academic papers are typed in Microsoft Word, why would someone want to use your software for APA style referencing instead of MS Word. Is there a specific problem you are trying to solve with this?

PS: I'm not down playing your product. Just want understand your thoughts. If you built it as a "pet" project for your portfolio then that would make sense.
Re: A Book Referencing App I Created by GreaterDC(m): 9:32pm On Mar 26, 2022
DeathToAfonja:

Bro it means _shit... seriously?

U don't know what Shyte means
then why did you call it shit, you should have a reason.
Re: A Book Referencing App I Created by GreaterDC(m): 9:34pm On Mar 26, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Doesn't Microsoft Word already have all of this? Since most academic papers are typed in Microsoft Word, why would someone want to use your software for APA style referencing instead of MS Word. Is there a specific problem you are trying to solve with this?

PS: I'm not down playing your product. Just want understand your thoughts. If you built it as a "pet" project for your portfolio then that would make sense.

What version of Apa style referencing is in Ms_word?
Re: A Book Referencing App I Created by airsaylongcome: 9:41pm On Mar 26, 2022
GreaterDC:

What version of Apa style referencing is in Ms_word?

7th edition.

There's also MLA and Chicago style formats

1 Like

Re: A Book Referencing App I Created by GreaterDC(m): 10:02pm On Mar 26, 2022
airsaylongcome:

7th edition.

There's also MLA and Chicago style formats

Okay sir
Re: A Book Referencing App I Created by larryking78(m): 4:31am On Mar 27, 2022
Now you guys rubbish his effort by discouraging him.
Re: A Book Referencing App I Created by larryking78(m): 4:35am On Mar 27, 2022
Re: A Book Referencing App I Created by Naijatask: 8:26am On Mar 27, 2022
DeathToAfonja:

Bro it means _shit... seriously?

U don't know what Shyte means

Your opinion doesn't matter undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: A Book Referencing App I Created by mrfizy(m): 12:53pm On Mar 27, 2022
Naijatask:

Your opinion doesn't matter undecided undecided undecided
I do not think that guy you quoted is into IT , he goes around making silly and clownish comments on things he knows nothing about.
Re: A Book Referencing App I Created by GreaterDC(m): 8:46am On Mar 28, 2022
wink wink
Re: A Book Referencing App I Created by LikeAking: 5:37pm On Mar 28, 2022
DeathToAfonja:
Shyte

Drop ur own make we see.

Oga snr dev.
Re: A Book Referencing App I Created by LikeAking: 5:39pm On Mar 28, 2022
GreaterDC:
wink wink

Even thou u b world best, dem go still call u oluku.

Na so Naija be.

When I drop my first project, some dev said they can code it with three line in Phython. They attempted to down play my efforts. We all know 3 lines cant code anything reasonable. Dem just dey blab.

Just stay strong, no send anybody. Monkey no fine but him mama like am.
Re: A Book Referencing App I Created by GreaterDC(m): 6:11pm On Mar 28, 2022
LikeAking:

Even thou u b world best, dem go still call u oluku.

Na so Naija be.

When I drop my first project, some dev said they can code it with three line in Phython. They attempted to down play my efforts. We all know 3 lines cant code anything reasonable. Dem just dey blab.

Just stay strong, no send anybody. Monkey no fine but him mama like am.

Similarly, I have meant to discover, not all opinions on this media, are meant to be taken, some are just posed to kill the consistency in one.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which Software Engineering Maths Are You Working With? / Check This Out / Help With Vista Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.