Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom (16197 Views)

Gunmen Kidnap Corpse & Mourners In Enugu, Demand ₦50M Ransom / Gunmen Kidnap Three Pastors On Their Way To Crusade In Kogi, Demand N80m Ransom / Gunmen Kidnap A Man In Lafia, Murder Him (Viewers Discretion Advised) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by BadNews: 6:09am On Mar 25, 2022
Update From . COM

Gunmen have abducted six persons including some members of the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC), a young orphaned girl and a pregnant woman.

It was gathered that the victims were kidnapped around Ochadamu community after Ayangba in Kogi State last Saturday.

The victims had boarded a Benue Links 14-seater bus from Gboko Local Government Area of Benue state to travel to Lagos State when they were intercepted by the kidnappers near Ochadamu Junction in neighbouring Ayangba in Kogi State and robbed of their valuable items.

The abductors, it was learnt are demanding N60 million as a condition for the release of the six persons.

Speaking to newsmen by telephone on Thursday March 24, the driver of the Benue Links vehicle, Emmanuel Owoicho, said he had picked 13 passengers in Gboko Town and started the ill-fated Lagos journey at about 10 am that day.

He said his vehicle was intercepted by two gun-wielding bandits who jumped on the highway and forcibly demanded that he stop the vehicle at about 4 pm shortly after he passed Ayingba in Kogi State.

"‘On Saturday I was travelling to Lagos. So after Ayingba, the place is called the Ochada junction. On reaching there around 4 pm, I saw some men coming out from the bush and started shooting at us. I wanted to go ahead but later I realised that if I do that, they will riddle the bus with bullets. So, I parked.’

Owoicho said as soon as he stopped the 14-seater bus, other members of the gang numbering about six came out from the bush and joined the initial two to rob him and all the passengers.

"They collected our money, phones, everything we had they collected. Then they asked us to lie on the road but on sighting a trailer at high-speed approaching, their leader asked us to get up and lie down by the roadside. He now asked six persons including a pregnant woman to follow him, three men and three females into the bush.

"I called back my passengers and we got to a naval checkpoint and reported the incident to them. They and some vigilante asked me to take them to the spot of the incident. After over 30 to 40 minutes search, they came back to say they could not find the kidnappers.

"The next day which was Sunday, I went to the Police Station in Ayingba to formally report the incident and they instructed me to go. I then took the remaining passengers back to Gboko.

"I had left Gboko by after 10 am on that Saturday and got to that junction at about 4 pm. I picked 13 passengers from Gboko on that day and they kidnapped six. They collected the sum of 42, 000 naira from me

"The kidnappers are demanding 10 million naira as ransom from those kidnapped but their families are negotiating between 750,000 and 450,000. There is an orphan girl whose family said they only have 80,000

"Amongst those kidnapped is a pregnant woman who left her phone in the vehicle. Her husband came and we have handed the phone and her luggage back to him. I feel sad about the whole incidence. And every night since the incidence, I’ve been praying that the kidnapped victims are all released as soon as possible." the driver said.
Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/3/gunmen-kidnap-corps-members-pregnant-woman-in-kogi-demand-n60m-ransom.html

1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by MadamVanessa(f): 6:14am On Mar 25, 2022
shocked

What a country?

To a lot of idiots IPOB members are the problem in the country not bandit. How can people be this foolish. I always pray for my south east and south south brothers and sisters.

I really don't care if bandits feast on the northerners or south west, because to them ESN is the main problem as such should be crush to smithereens and not BANDITS . As they would say that bandits are business men, so this is clearly a business.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by Flexherbal(m): 6:21am On Mar 25, 2022
We pray for their safe return back to their families.

22 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by TeeGentle(m): 6:30am On Mar 25, 2022
Where did they want to see the 60 million
Abi na governor daughter they kidnap

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by timothydare(m): 6:30am On Mar 25, 2022
They will surely return. IJN

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by treamabenh: 6:31am On Mar 25, 2022
This kidnapping thing is really getting out of hand

7 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by Nobody: 6:31am On Mar 25, 2022
Hmm Nigeria of our dream is something else!
Gunmen is now in kogi nawa o

Okay can the government now scrab Nysc now pls!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by abobote: 6:31am On Mar 25, 2022
The country is not safe, and our leaders are just bothered about elections and party ticket

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by Felixalex(m): 6:31am On Mar 25, 2022
Ahuzubilahi

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by Sacred007: 6:31am On Mar 25, 2022
why kidnap innocent people for God's sake?
60M. That's 10M from each of them. When they wan see am?

Nigeria dey so fvcked up.....

I just tire

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by Father4all: 6:31am On Mar 25, 2022
TERRIBLE
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by Nobody: 6:32am On Mar 25, 2022
Haba! Why Corps members now...pregnant woman?pls let her not have high BP,,God pls keep them safe,,the goons in asokoro/national assembly have failed us.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by TeeGentle(m): 6:33am On Mar 25, 2022
Nigeria is not safe
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by ZombieTERROR: 6:33am On Mar 25, 2022
undecided

we never had it this bad

what yoruba Muslims saw in Buhari is what I can never understand.. was it jazz or just hate for the South South. i shudder

For them to be promoting another old Londoner in Tinubu shows clearly that this is not ordinary.

Believe me, they are not having it easy just like the rest of us.. no light.. ASUU strike.. massive unemployment.. inflation.. etc
then why suffer yourself to spite others
majority of the people supportive Buhari on this forum are yoruba Muslims not even northerners..

what's exactly is going on?..

13 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by onadana: 6:33am On Mar 25, 2022
: This story no balance.Insider dey this job.

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 6:33am On Mar 25, 2022
Since these unfortunate people from the land of killing policemen have started claiming Kogi to be part of their useless beerfraud UGM have started their operations there
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by abobote: 6:34am On Mar 25, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

What a country?

To a lot of idiots IPOB members are the problem in the country not bandit. How can people be this foolish. I always pray for my south east and south south brothers and sisters.

I really don't care if bandits feast on the northerners or south west, because to them ESN is the main problem as such should be crush to smithereens and not BANDITS .
What has this got to do with IPOB/ESN.
Most of you, intentionally sound foolish, just for cheap "likes"

8 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by T4kbaba(m): 6:34am On Mar 25, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

What a country?

I really don't care if bandits feast on the northerners or south west, because to them ESN is the main problem as such should be crush to smithereens and not BANDITS . As they will say that bandits are business men, so this is clearly a business.
Waa gbon!

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by lexy2014: 6:35am On Mar 25, 2022
treamabenh:
This kidnapping thing is really getting out of hand

APC convention is around the corner& Tinubu wants to be president. those are the most important things right now. pls no distractions. all these kidnapping news should wait

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by Rilwayne001: 6:35am On Mar 25, 2022
Buhari foolishness and ineptitude caused this. There was nothing like kidnapping for ransom before he assumed office in 2015. Immediately he assumed office, his fulani brothers started causing havoc. Killing villages and causing one or two mayhem in the north. Instead of the presidency to cut their wings, he refused because they are his brothers. Now their wings grew into not just killings, but also kidnapping people for ransom. Rather than Buhari to still cut their wings, he refused still. Now, they’ve made kidnapping and killings so lucrative that every cankerworms up north think it’s a good way of making money in this harsh economy.

Buhari will go down history as the most horrible president to ever mantle this country. Smh

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by oriewanbe: 6:36am On Mar 25, 2022
This is terrible.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by Dozie32(m): 6:37am On Mar 25, 2022
God forbid, Nigeria is indeed a failure.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by BadNews: 6:37am On Mar 25, 2022
There Is No Single Day That Will Pass Without Coming Across One Bad News Or The Other In This Country.

Incase If You Want To Convert Your Airtime Into Cash, Is Always At Your Service, We Convert From 1,000naira to 10million Airtime, From Any Network.

Meet On WhatsApp Chat Immediately Via 0810-373-9506.

Don't Waste Your Airtime, Because That Airtime Is Real Cash For You, A Trial Will Put A Smile Into Your Face Right Now.

Happy Weekend To You And You Will Never See Any Bad News This Weekend.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by BelovedofLord: 6:40am On Mar 25, 2022
TeeGentle:
Nigeria is not safe
THE BRITISH FAILED EXPERIMENT IS DEAD & GONE!!!!

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by Bmaster(m): 6:40am On Mar 25, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

[s]What a country?

I really don't care if bandits feast on the northerners or south west, because to them ESN is the main problem as such should be crush to smithereens and not BANDITS . As they would say that bandits are business men, so this is clearly a business.[/s]
you occupied a strategic position on a thread but unfortunately you've said nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by Pele10: 6:41am On Mar 25, 2022
Trust no one even the driver is a suspect.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by BadNews: 6:41am On Mar 25, 2022
Dozie32:
God forbid, Nigeria is indeed a failure.

See More Photos Via www.. com
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom by Nobody: 6:41am On Mar 25, 2022

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanitary Health Officers Seize Boy’s Box Of Snacks For Refusing To Settle Them / N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) / Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.