Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,521 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) (42075 Views)

Osun Poly Student, Olanrewaju Olatona Killed By Hit-And-Run One-Way Driver / Driver Arrested For Killing Pedestrian In Kosofe, Lagos / Speeding Driver Arrested After Knocking Down A Pedestrian In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Lanrelagboi: 8:35am On Sep 30, 2022
Killed by a one-way driver along Lagos- Abeokuta expressway, Amje Bus/ Stop yesterday. Now another innocent life has been taken. But it’s not justified to take his means of livelihood and the law is too harsh and draconian.

I hope those of you saying this can hide your shames
https://twitter.com/Egi_nupe_/status/1575722345796603904?t=geoPjeTD-j_M-PFUbDOYOQ&s=19

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Angel55555(m): 8:43am On Sep 30, 2022
This is sad because the death could easily be avoided. When a driver passes through one way, he's always anxious not to get arrested that's why most drivers speed through there by causing accident or harm to other road users. A driver has a duty of care to other road users that's something that needs to be taught to everyone driving but sadly we live in a country where most people don't care about others.

108 Likes 9 Shares

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by KIDfurniture(m): 8:43am On Sep 30, 2022
Before crossing any road in Nigeria I always make sure I observe both sides. Nigerians are sick people.

tongue

299 Likes 18 Shares

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by azukaegopeter(m): 8:44am On Sep 30, 2022
Sad
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by ATEAMS: 8:44am On Sep 30, 2022
Ember Period
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Smith414: 8:44am On Sep 30, 2022
Too bad ..
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by temitope27(m): 8:44am On Sep 30, 2022
Is this not worst than Aution

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by MatrixReloaded: 8:44am On Sep 30, 2022
One way is bad because the pedestrian won't be cautious to look left and right to cross. And one thing is one user always speed to get where they can do u-turn. Anyway a heavy fine or jail term to the person. The car didn't drive itself , its human that drove it so hold the human and not the car.. heavy fine and jail term is my take..

You are just a nuisance abeg gettat... reasoning with your drilled anus.
OsuIgboIpob:

If na

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by xynerise: 8:44am On Sep 30, 2022
Life imprisonment

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by adioolayi(m): 8:44am On Sep 30, 2022
You see why strict laws is needed to curb this insanity

Between losing a life and losing a car ...which one is better

I strongly support Lagos State Government not to change the penalty of one way driving..which is Car forfeiture!

163 Likes 8 Shares

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by wagazala: 8:44am On Sep 30, 2022
The law is still too draconian.

This driver should be charged ccording to his crime - 1. Driving one way and 2. Manslaughter.

There are many other people who have mistakenly found themselves on one way routes especially in this Lagos where 60% of road signs have been removed. They dont deserve their cars taken away from them.

Update: A lot of you have quoted me as being insensitive. My question is what happens to the cars of people who knock people down on the right lane? Or people dont get killed on the right lane, it is only one way?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by McOluOmo: 8:44am On Sep 30, 2022
cry cry
What a pity, pesin wey go out to look for his daily bread,
May his gentle soul rest well

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

5 Likes

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by salbis(m): 8:44am On Sep 30, 2022
Too bad. Rest in peace to the departed soul.

2 Likes

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by slivertongue: 8:44am On Sep 30, 2022
Careless and wicked

3 Likes

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Rokec: 8:45am On Sep 30, 2022
embarassed
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by JBoss25(m): 8:45am On Sep 30, 2022
Most Nigerians are fvcking lawless! It's only in this country that you'll see a driver taking one way or driving on the pedestrian walkway.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by sirjoggy(m): 8:45am On Sep 30, 2022
kiss
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Bosenan: 8:45am On Sep 30, 2022
Yet another one, such a sorry situation. Contrast this with the uproar that resulted from the auction of traffic offenders vehicles.

Nigerians must learn to live/act lawfully and react to situations without primordial sentiments. Only then can we make any progress as a society.

RIP to the dead

2 Likes

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by OsuIgboIpob: 8:45am On Sep 30, 2022
These bastard lawless goats have destroyed a lot. They've ruined a lot of dreams.
My 89 years old uncle was killed by one of them. Even though he was aged, he doesn't deserve to die like that. It was an hit-and-run driver that killed him...

Again, I want government to impose at least 15 years imprisonment and vehicle confiscation to all one-way traffic offenders.
No mercy
No please
A one-way traffic offender is not different from an armed robber.

WHERE ARE THOSE PIGS WRITING RUBBISH THE OTHER DAY, WHEN SOME VEHICLES WERE AUCTIONED?

E NOR GO BETTER FOR ALL OF UNA.
BASTARDS!

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by SIMONEKPA7: 8:45am On Sep 30, 2022
smiley
RIP to the death, where are those calling for the head of Lagos State Government that they were harsh on traffic law. I wish the driver was caught and be made a scape goat

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by TANID(m): 8:45am On Sep 30, 2022
that is why government should please auction more car

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by chygozie11: 8:46am On Sep 30, 2022
Crucify the driver cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by oluwaseyi0: 8:46am On Sep 30, 2022
death to one-way drivers and drunk drivers, they deserve no mercy

drivers who follow one way or drunk driving that result in the death of other road users should be charged for murder and sentence to death by hanging

we all need to be careful, especially drivers

WowSweetGuy:
Chill

It wasn't intentional

unintentional and one-way driving cannot be in the same sentence

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Dididrumz(m): 8:46am On Sep 30, 2022
Some drivers sha.

adioolayi:
You see why strict laws is needed to curb this insanity

Between losing a life and losing a car ...which one is better

I strongly support Lagos State Government not to change the penalty of one way driving..which is Car forfeiture!

Totally agree with You.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Aremwayne: 8:46am On Sep 30, 2022
When they auction his car now he will go about crying for help.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Edipet(m): 8:47am On Sep 30, 2022
Those Tyre where dey by the side
Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by Redstubpen: 8:47am On Sep 30, 2022
angry

What a reckless useless and cursed driver. Imagine killing someone in an almost avoidable death. Too many bad news and bloodshed in this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) by ILoveDemMANNA: 8:48am On Sep 30, 2022
For all those animals castigating Lagos State government for punishing those drivers that broke one way laws few weeks ago.
Hope you idiots can see what could have happened to your heads.
For all the foolishness and wickedness una fools dey support because of politics, I hope you and members of your family won't lose your lives before un learn una lesson say hatred and bitterness will never make u progress in life

20 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

3 Siblings Die After A Truck Rammed Into Their Mother's Shop In Ondo (Graphic) / Anambra Intercepts Truck From Jos, Transporting Passengers, Animals (Photos) / Escaping Death: My Journey Through America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.