Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,067 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest (64166 Views)

Russian Soldier Arrested After He Filmed Himself Raping A Baby In Ukraine / Frustrated Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Armored Tank In Ukraine / Nuclear Deal: France Recalls Its Ambassador To U.S. And Australia In Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by Igbofam: 9:59am On Mar 25, 2022
A Russian soldier has reportedly driven over his own colonel with a tank after growing angry about the bungled war in Ukraine.

Anger among Russian soldiers is growing, with two other service members caught venting about strongman Vladimir Putin's "bulls**t " invasion of Ukraine amid reports of heavy losses.

The calls were intercepted and translated before being shared over social media.

The Russian soldier, who ran over his superior, was behind the wheel of the tank and "blamed the commander of the group, Col. Yury Medvedev, for the deaths of his friends," Ukrainian journalist Roman Tsimbalyuk said on Facebook.

"Having waited for the right moment, during battle, he ran over the commander with a tank as he stood next to him, injuring both his legs," he wrote.

"Now Col. Medvedev is in a hospital in Belarus, waiting for monetary compensation for combat wounds received during the 'special military operation to protect the Donbass.' Colonel Medvedev was awarded the Order of Courage," he wrote.

Although there was no independent corroboration of the claim, footage released by Chechen leader and close Putin ally Ramzan Kadyrov showed Medvedev being transported to a hospital, the New York Post reports.

In the call intercepted and broadcast on social media, one soldier was heard saying "it is a s**t show here", claiming it to be disorganised, worse than the Chechnyan war and also said Russian planes had dropped bombs on their own soldiers.

The soldier described how Ukrainian troops "tore apart" a column of Russian forces and says 50 per cent of his unit suffered from frostbite to the feet.

"But they don't plan to treat them in the [field] hospital," he said.

The service member also said their commander, Lieutenant General Yakov Rezantsev, told them on the fourth day of their deployment that the war would be over quickly.

"Do you know what he told us? 'It's no secret to anyone that there are only a few hours until this special operation is over.' And now those hours are still going," the soldier said.

In the phone call, soldiers also said that their complaints that their armoured vests lacked hardened panels were ignored.

They also complained their boss had abandoned them for days.

"'Comrade General, damn it, I have this situation,'" he recalled soldiers telling the general. "And he just says, 'Son, be strong,' and then he f**k off. It's such trash here … our own plane dropped a bomb on us."

He added that "even in Chechnya, there was nothing like this … this 'special operation,' damn it … with respect to homes not meant to be destroyed … it's bulls**t,"

On Wednesday, Nato estimated that 7000 to 15,000 Russian soldiers have been killed in four weeks of war in Ukraine, where fierce resistance from the country's defenders has denied Moscow the lightning victory it sought.

By way of comparison, Russia lost about 15,000 troops over 10 years in Afghanistan.
"They couldn't even send off the 200s here," he reportedly said, using a Russian military term for dead bodies. "They rode with us for five days."

Video of Col. Yury Medvedev being rushed to the hospital after his legs were crushed as posted by Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov, can be found in the news article below

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news.com.au/world/europe/russian-reportedly-runs-over-his-commander-with-tank-in-protest/news-story/894fc691dca588b9f4317776855d2e6c%3famp

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by Igbofam: 10:00am On Mar 25, 2022
The intercepted phone call with English subtitles can be found here

https://twitter.com/Otpor17/status/1506976209061793802?t=b68MdbwV0eo2ANQ990bFZg&s=19

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by Igbofam: 10:00am On Mar 25, 2022
It is also believed that just yesterday, Lieutenant General Yakov Rezantsev who told his troops that the "special operation" would be over quickly and who also abandoned his troops for days has been killed in Mariupol

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by DoctorOlasDesk: 10:02am On Mar 25, 2022
E don be for Putin

A combined figure of 55,000 perons have died/injured and are missing. The greatest flop in warfare in the entire human history.

Putin wanted a war to have a strong legacy for himself. He got one. cheesy Albeit, this will lead to his eventual death. Its only a natter of time before the errand shooter finds the vulnerability to execute.

Putin assumed his legacy of bloodshed would make him the greatest Russian leader of all times. Too bad the reverse became the case.

It is what happens when oligarchy is the order of the day, when one single individual controls everything, like the way APC miscreants and islamic zealots are trying to " godify " Buhari. You can all see the anti-democratic measures this satanic APC had been executing since it got to power, with its latest in it's zonal coordinating systems

Only God will deliver us from the evil occultists disguised as political party called APC.

228 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by tillaman(m): 10:09am On Mar 25, 2022
Blah blah agreed Russia has lost a lot of soldiers and military wares but what about Ukraine how come they didn’t lost a single soldier abi what is the media not telling us

Khabib should mobilize men from Dagestan and Khamzat should mobilize Kadyrov’s elite kill squad not those hunters but the kill squad

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:12am On Mar 25, 2022
Pls Putin is a clown..I wonder why his puppets still take him serious..this is the person who wants war with NATO? shocked

Destruction overload.. grin

127 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by Freestainworld(m): 10:19am On Mar 25, 2022
Russia is winning the war grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by godofuck231: 10:21am On Mar 25, 2022
If the general is compromised then its the duty of the soldier to put him down by russian military rites

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by Kastonkastroll(m): 10:30am On Mar 25, 2022
Propaganda and lies don't win wars! undecided You guys don't ever get tired

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by whizzbaale: 10:34am On Mar 25, 2022
In as much as I stand with Ukraine in this madness called war, I think all these NATO reports are pure and obvious propagandas. Kinda propagandas capable of provoking the status quo of Putin into a more aggressive use of ballistic missiles.
NATO is trying to escalate this war so as to get involve.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by Igbofam: 10:36am On Mar 25, 2022
Kastonkastroll:
Propaganda and lies don't win wars! undecided You guys don't ever get tired

Tell this to Russian Ally, Chechen leader Kadyrov himself who posted the video of the Colonel who had been run over by his co-soldiers tank. Is he also a part of the Western Propaganda?

178 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by Igbofam: 10:38am On Mar 25, 2022
whizzbaale:
In as much as I stand with Ukraine in this madness called war, I think all these NATO reports are pure and obvious propagandas. Kinda propagandas capable of provoking the status quo of Putin into a more aggressive use of ballistic missiles.
NATO is trying to escalate this war so as to get involve.

Why would NATO want to escalate the war in order to get involved when they can easily weaken Russia through sustained and deeper Sanctions which in essence means they would not even fire one bullet or waste their resources.

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by whizzbaale: 10:44am On Mar 25, 2022
Igbofam:

Why would NATO want to escalate the war in order to get involved when they can easily weaken Russia through sustained and deeper Sanctions which in essence means they would not even fire one bullet or waste their resources.

So what's the essence of all these propagandas here and there??. You and I know that these reports are obviously not true

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by Igbofam: 10:49am On Mar 25, 2022
whizzbaale:

So what's the essence of all these propagandas here and there??. You and I know that these reports are obviously not true

Tell this to Kadyrov himself who confirmed it. I believe you know who Kadyrov is right?

Is he also part of the western propaganda?

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by joyandfaith: 10:52am On Mar 25, 2022
Igbofam:
It is also believed that just yesterday, Lieutenant General Yakov Rezantsev who told his troops that the "special operation" would be over quickly and who also abandoned his troops for days has been killed in Mariupol

He was kIA. I saw it in Facebook yesterday.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by Kastonkastroll(m): 10:52am On Mar 25, 2022
VictorUSA:
Are you an idiot? Must you call every news a propaganda? What doesn't feed your emotion or suit your narative is a propaganda.Provide your own side of the news.I guess you just learn that word for the first time.
Ok from your moniker they don't need to tell me you are one delusional dimwit. So there is absolutely no need to waste my time with you.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by joyandfaith: 10:56am On Mar 25, 2022
whizzbaale:

Propaganda? Follow news on Ukraine in Facebook, Twitter and Quora. RA are just destroying infrastructures and targeting civilians.
Putin miscalculated.
Do you still believe it is not war but special military operations?
Russia had fired more than 1000 missiles toward Ukraine.
The cost war and economic sanctions may send Russia to 80s.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by Kastonkastroll(m): 11:06am On Mar 25, 2022
joyandfaith:

He was kIA. I saw it in Facebook yesterday.
Deceive yourself while mariupol is already in the bag. You guys just foolishly think that Putin is out to get the entire Ukraine. Who has energy and time for that?

Cut Ukraine off from access to the black sea, destroy their military units and capabilities, secure their nuclear plants, Get Donbass in the firm grip of DPK was what Russia plan to achieve, and so far their plans are going well.

You western slaves just regurgitate whatever nonsense CNN says just like the shallow zombies that you are. You just act like zombies!

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by paafin(m): 11:12am On Mar 25, 2022
Anyone believing this will also believe America lost only 2,600 soldiers in 20 years of fighting in Iraq.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by Igbofam: 11:13am On Mar 25, 2022
Kastonkastroll:
Deceive yourself while mariupol is already in the bag. You guys just foolishly think that Putin is out to get the entire Ukraine. Who has energy and time for that?

Cut Ukraine off from access to the black sea, destroy their military units and capabilities, secure their nuclear plants, Get Donbass in the firm grip of DPK was what Russia plan to achieve, and so far their plans are going well.

You western slaves just regurgitate whatever nonsense CNN says just like the shallow zombies that you are. You just act like zombies!

Try not to Choke on your own hatred.

All she said was she saw on Facebook that he was killed in action. She didn't say you or your family member was killed in action so why are you acting like the dead Russian General is your uncle?

Oh and by the way, even the Kremlin confirmed that NONE of their objectives have been achieved yet.

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by joyandfaith: 11:16am On Mar 25, 2022
Kastonkastroll:
[s]Deceive yourself while mariupol is already in the bag. You guys just foolishly think that Putin is out to get the entire Ukraine. Who has energy and time for that?

You western slaves just regurgitate whatever nonsense CNN says just like the shallow zombies that you are. You just act like zombies[/s]!
Do you think war is ludo?
You guys think Ukraine will fall in 1 day. This is 1 month.
That RA is controlling most parts of mauripol does not mean Russian soldiers are not being killed at alarming rate. Street to Street fighting is going on in mauripol. 80% of homes in mauripol has been destroyed. The city is now war camps for opposing sides.
UA wouldn't surrender because Russia is taking some Ukrainians to camps in Russia.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by Kastonkastroll(m): 11:27am On Mar 25, 2022
Igbofam:

Try not to Choke on your own hatred.

All she said was she saw on Facebook that he was killed in action. She didn't say you or your family member was killed in action so why are you acting like the dead Russian is your uncle?

Oh and by the way, even the Kremlin confirmed that NONE of their objectives have been achieved yet.
Reverse psychology don't work on me. You are the man who litters this forum with western propaganda and lies just to massage your fragile ego, and you are the same slowpoke accusing me of hatred. What is more foolish than a man(comedian) who is sacrificing the lives of his citizens just because he wants to join a block of bullies?

And I bet you don't know zelenksky is a fascist camouflaging as a defender of democracy. Your CNN didn't tell you zelensky outrightly banned all opposition parties in Ukraine abi?

Mumu black people that never think even for a second!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by Igbofam: 11:42am On Mar 25, 2022
Kastonkastroll:
Reverse psychology don't work on me. You are the man who litters this forum with western propaganda and lies just to massage your fragile ego, and you are the same slowpoke accusing me of hatred. What is more foolish than a man(comedian) who is sacrificing the lives of his citizens just because he wants to join a block of bullies?

And I bet you don't know zelenksky is a fascist camouflaging as a defender of democracy. Your CNN didn't tell you zelensky outrightly banned all opposition parties in Ukraine abi?

Mumu black people that never think even for a second!

Like I said, try not to choke on your own hatred. wink

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by Kastonkastroll(m): 11:52am On Mar 25, 2022
joyandfaith:

Do you think war is ludo?
You guys think Ukraine will fall in 1 day. This is 1 month.
That RA is controlling most parts of mauripol does not mean Russian soldiers are not being killed at alarming rate. Street to Street fighting is going on in mauripol. 80% of homes in mauripol has been destroyed. The city is now war camps for opposing sides.
UA wouldn't surrender because Russia is taking some Ukrainians to camps in Russia.
Hear yourself pls. Nobody expected Ukraine to fall in one day except you CNN brainwashed zombies. You can't ignore the fact that even with all the support of NATO for the Ukrainian forces, Russians are dealing with them with a 10thgrade army. If Putin was to go the America way of "invasion", I tell you kiev wont be standing today because he already controls Ukraine skies.

Zelenksy surrender or he doesn't surrender; at the end Ukraine is one being bombarded and destroyed NOT Russia! I hope CNN tells you this visible truth undecided

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by Elvictor: 11:54am On Mar 25, 2022
grin angry grin

ukraine don win the war for online, Russia dey win offline

Nonsense, next

8 Likes

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by joyandfaith: 11:55am On Mar 25, 2022
Kastonkastroll:
Hear yourself pls. Nobody expected Ukraine to fall in one day except you CNN brainwashed zombies. You can't ignore the fact that even with all the support of NATO for the Ukrainian forces, Russians are dealing with them with a 10thgrade army. If Putin was to go the America way of "invasion", I tell you kiev wont be standing today because he already controls Ukraine skies.

Zelenksy surrender or he doesn't surrender; at the end Ukraine is one being destroyed and not Russia! I hope CNN tells you this visible truth undecided

Russia is using stones catapults in Ukraine. No Russian soldiers have died. Are u happy now?
Rubbish!!

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by sapientia(m): 1:11pm On Mar 25, 2022
Is this the new way of protest?

Hahahahaha

They say General dey wait compensation shocked shocked shocked

How are we not sure this general planned this to escape from Putin's war?

Cos everyone is tired including me

When I read Russia have started bombing Ukraine, I predicted 2 days to my friends

Hollywood is to blame for everything we believed about Russia

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by VictorUSA(m): 1:14pm On Mar 25, 2022
Kastonkastroll:
Ok from your moniker they don't need to tell me you are one delusional dimwit. So there is absolutely no need to waste my time with you.
This is what I expected you to say.
Re: Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest by iCauseTrouble: 1:30pm On Mar 25, 2022
angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Iran Unveils New Ballistic Missile That Could Destroy US Bases In The Gulf (Pix) / Ukraine Before Russia's Invasion In Pictures And Video / ‘why I Slept With My Grandfather’ (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.