Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

I Thought We Saved A Child, But This Medical Student Thinks Otherwise. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Thought We Saved A Child, But This Medical Student Thinks Otherwise. (489 Views)

I slept with several prostitute raw..I Thought I Had Hiv, Narrow escape / Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) / Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Thought We Saved A Child, But This Medical Student Thinks Otherwise. by ChemicalReaction(f): 11:17am On Mar 25, 2022
I'm a student and although my school is on strike, I had to go sort a few things in school over the week.

I live in a student dominated area; my compound has seventeen self contained apartments lined up in three rows; fifteen occupants are students while two families with kids occupy the remaining two.

When I arrived, everywhere was literally dry, safe for two protectors I saw, open.

While I was still trying to clean my dusty room, I heard a really loud scream from kids. I thought they were playing or fighting, so I ignored.

I was engrossed with what I was doing that I failed to pay close attention (this kids are really noisy, you won't blame me) until a little girl, not more than seven, ran to my open protector, banging, screaming and crying, "somebody help o... Aunty my brother is dying.."

On impulse, I rushed out and was greeted by the sight of an unconscious and stiff child on the floor, jerking.

Two other female neighbours who heard the screams rushed out, too. When we inquired, the older of the siblings explained that the symptoms were recurrent.

At this point, one of the girls offered to call the child's parents because she was scared things could go wrong.

Myself, was equally scared, but I suspected convulsion and suggested we apply first aid. The first thing that crossed my mind was to insert a spoon between his teeth.

Growing up, I heard stories of convulsion, and although I never really saw the process of resuscitation, I knew that onions and kernel oil were often requested for.

So, at this point, after inserting the spoon, I ran out to the other rooms to at least search for someone who could provide onions or oil.

Fortunately, the other married woman with kids was around and had kernel oil. Then I begged her to come help us administer it, because honestly, I didn't know what I would have done with that kernel oil (whether to pour it in the child's mouth or ear).

The woman accepted. She came and administered the substance, pouring it on the child's face and few minutes later, the child became calm, pooed on himself and started crying. Apparently, we had stabbed his tongue with the spoon or something.

It was at this point that the medical student or Doctor (I don't know which) came around. He accused us or rather spoke to us, condescendingly that what we did would have killed the child.

According to him, a simple paracetamol would have done the magic.

My question now is to parents and medical practitioners on here.

Please, what would we rather have done to safe a convulsing child?

How do one administer paracetamol on a child with clutched teeth?
[code][/code]

3 Likes

Re: I Thought We Saved A Child, But This Medical Student Thinks Otherwise. by MMWandali: 11:50am On Mar 25, 2022
Bro, you tried your best

God bless you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought We Saved A Child, But This Medical Student Thinks Otherwise. by jibovico(m): 11:56am On Mar 25, 2022
My dear, in well done for saving a life. The tongue would heal with the constant administration of orange or vitamin C. You all did your best and it was/is and it's still the best. Well-done.

2 Likes

Re: I Thought We Saved A Child, But This Medical Student Thinks Otherwise. by budaatum: 5:35pm On Mar 25, 2022
MMWandali:
Bro, you tried your best

God bless you

1 Like

Re: I Thought We Saved A Child, But This Medical Student Thinks Otherwise. by Restroom: 6:35pm On Mar 25, 2022
My brother na wa for u o

After u HV all saved a soul, one idiot told u you want to kill the child and you let that worry ma u?

You have saved the child. That's what matter.

The student is immaterial and irrelevant, as far as I am concerned.

As long as he was not there to save the child before you guys did, he is useless at the point he came.

Kudos to you guys.

He can go and kiss transformer for all I care.

3 Likes

Re: I Thought We Saved A Child, But This Medical Student Thinks Otherwise. by Contekbbc: 11:42pm On Aug 21, 2023
ChemicalReaction:
I'm a student and although my school is on strike, I had to go sort a few things in school over the week.

I live in a student dominated area; my compound has seventeen self contained apartments lined up in three rows; fifteen occupants are students while two families with kids occupy the remaining two.

When I arrived, everywhere was literally dry, safe for two protectors I saw, open.

While I was still trying to clean my dusty room, I heard a really loud scream from kids. I thought they were playing or fighting, so I ignored.

I was engrossed with what I was doing that I failed to pay close attention (this kids are really noisy, you won't blame me) until a little girl, not more than seven, ran to my open protector, banging, screaming and crying, "somebody help o... Aunty my brother is dying.."

On impulse, I rushed out and was greeted by the sight of an unconscious and stiff child on the floor, jerking.

Two other female neighbours who heard the screams rushed out, too. When we inquired, the older of the siblings explained that the symptoms were recurrent.

At this point, one of the girls offered to call the child's parents because she was scared things could go wrong.

Myself, was equally scared, but I suspected convulsion and suggested we apply first aid. The first thing that crossed my mind was to insert a spoon between his teeth.

Growing up, I heard stories of convulsion, and although I never really saw the process of resuscitation, I knew that onions and kernel oil were often requested for.

So, at this point, after inserting the spoon, I ran out to the other rooms to at least search for someone who could provide onions or oil.

Fortunately, the other married woman with kids was around and had kernel oil. Then I begged her to come help us administer it, because honestly, I didn't know what I would have done with that kernel oil (whether to pour it in the child's mouth or ear).

The woman accepted. She came and administered the substance, pouring it on the child's face and few minutes later, the child became calm, pooed on himself and started crying. Apparently, we had stabbed his tongue with the spoon or something.

It was at this point that the medical student or Doctor (I don't know which) came around. He accused us or rather spoke to us, condescendingly that what we did would have killed the child.

According to him, a simple paracetamol would have done the magic.

My question now is to parents and medical practitioners on here.

Please, what would we rather have done to safe a convulsing child?

How do one administer paracetamol on a child with clutched teeth?
[code][/code]

May you be blessed beyond your expectations IJMN, AMEN

1 Like

Re: I Thought We Saved A Child, But This Medical Student Thinks Otherwise. by budaatum: 10:42am On Aug 22, 2023
Tell the doctor to teach you how to treat the child for next time since it's recurring.

1 Like

Re: I Thought We Saved A Child, But This Medical Student Thinks Otherwise. by ChemicalReaction(f): 6:30pm On Aug 28, 2023
budaatum:
Tell the doctor to teach you how to treat the child for next time since it's recurring.

Lol.. He said paracetamol.
Re: I Thought We Saved A Child, But This Medical Student Thinks Otherwise. by ChemicalReaction(f): 6:31pm On Aug 28, 2023
Contekbbc:

May you be blessed beyond your expectations IJMN, AMEN
Amen...
Thank you.
Re: I Thought We Saved A Child, But This Medical Student Thinks Otherwise. by SamuelMoris(m): 6:42pm On Aug 28, 2023
Re: I Thought We Saved A Child, But This Medical Student Thinks Otherwise. by Originalsly: 2:09am On Aug 29, 2023
I've heard about the same emergency treatment... put a spoon or stick in the victim's mouth to prevent him from chewing his tongue. Whatever was done ... traditional treatment.... worked.

(1) (Reply)

Cancer Treatment Records Breakthrough As US Drug Trial Records ‘100% Success’ / Adino Plus Is The Answer To A Longer Sex Peroid And Not 5 Minutes Sex / Please I Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.