Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,739 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) (52824 Views)

Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) / Jigawa University Student Commits Suicide After His Girlfriend Cheated On Him / 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by GrassrootReport: 11:30am On Apr 14, 2023
A final year student of the Faculty of Medical Laboratory Science, University of Calabar, Stanley Nwanne has allegedly committed suicide.

GRASSROOT REPORTERS gathered that the deceased took his own life in his apartment, off the University campus, on Wednesday, April 12, 2023.

Sources told our correspondent that his body was discovered by his cousin who saw him dangling in the toilet with a rope on his neck, and quickly alerted neighbours.

He was quickly rushed to the hospital and was declared dead by the doctor on duty.

The reason for taking his own life is yet to be ascertained as of the time of this report.

Stanley, who was full of energy and life a day before the sad incident, was said to be preparing for his professional exams scheduled for next month.

A classmate of the deceased who preferred not to be named, described the incident as saddening.

"I can't believe Stanley is gone. He was doing well academically, one wonders what could have made him commit suicide." She said.

Effort to get the reaction of the the Cross River State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Irene Ugbo proved abortive.

When GRASSROOT REPORTERS contacted Prof. Florence Obi, the Vice Chancellor of the University, she said she is yet to be briefed on the incident.

Source: https://www.grassrootreportersng.com/2023/04/final-year-unical-medical-student-commits-suicide.html?amp=1

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 14, 2023
You don't own your life nigga, why take it!

114 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by Finquas: 11:38am On Apr 14, 2023
Rip bro.. your country failed you finally

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by Berrityga: 11:41am On Apr 14, 2023
So when the push the story to front page you will be happyy right? One day other media houses will thrive on your death too.

2 Likes

Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by CodeTemplar: 11:51am On Apr 14, 2023
No notes just suicide. People about to end it usually feel free pouring it all out in a written message.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by OJODEL10(m): 11:59am On Apr 14, 2023
Taking your life isnt the solution, please discuss with someone RIP anyway

4 Likes

Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by Pierohandsome: 12:05pm On Apr 14, 2023
It could be a murder case disguised as suicide. Police should investigate it properly

121 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by RamseyKush: 1:21pm On Apr 14, 2023
Sometimes you feel death is the solution which is absolutely wrong..

Hope dey as far as life dey..

Nothing fit make me kill myself..

I love my Life.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by Reelmii: 2:03pm On Apr 14, 2023
This guy get mind o undecided...the pain that people pass tru before dieing how them take dey endure am ....me wey ordinary mosquito bite dey pain me reach my soul tapk more pain from strangulation or stomach ache....God abeg no give me this kind mind abeg🙏

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by jnoz23(m): 2:10pm On Apr 14, 2023
suicides' are already dead mentally before the physical act,

13 Likes

Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by Lucasinho(m): 2:37pm On Apr 14, 2023
angry

Hmm.... very unfortunate
Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by Exmilitant(m): 3:15pm On Apr 14, 2023
CondenseMilk:
angry
You don't owe your life nigga, why take it!
Own you mean. ? undecided

Yes, we all OWE God a death!

4 Likes

Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by unclejb2(m): 3:32pm On Apr 14, 2023
People are going through a lot, then to make matters worse, INEC wants to force Tinubu on Nigerians for another 4 years after a disastrous 8 years of Buhari.

That's enough to make someone who is already having a bad time commit suicide

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by money121(m): 3:33pm On Apr 14, 2023
But why
Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by ImoleNaija: 3:33pm On Apr 14, 2023
I had a share of those hellish school days. Thank God I didn't succumb to suicidal thoughts. Till today, I appreciate my coursemates who were always around giving hopeful advice.

25 Likes

Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by christejames(m): 3:33pm On Apr 14, 2023
This is sad...

RIP!

4 Likes

Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by Godsownfc(m): 3:34pm On Apr 14, 2023
Rip bro..it may be depression issue

6 Likes

Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by id4sho(m): 3:34pm On Apr 14, 2023
tongue
Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by Lexusgs430: 3:35pm On Apr 14, 2023
Babe wàhálà...... Usual suspect.....

4 Likes

Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by Savedday2: 3:36pm On Apr 14, 2023
I no go pass all this useless 9ja girls wahalla.

6 Likes

Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by Emaprince: 3:36pm On Apr 14, 2023
Atleast stay alive for the sake of your parent who hustled to train you through out university.

You had to wait until you are in your finals...how will the mom feel about this?

May God give them the fortitude

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by Clairvoyancy: 3:36pm On Apr 14, 2023
People are passing through alot, but nothing should make one take his or her life. It's just a matter of time, it will pass and you shall rejoice

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by Chetas81(m): 3:37pm On Apr 14, 2023
SEE THE WORST AFTER MAY 29 ____ MAD AND BAD CITIZENS HAVE RIGHT FOR THEIR OWN LEADER
Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 14, 2023
Beebah321:

Chai! Mumu undecided
😂

1 Like

Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by BeanmanX(m): 3:37pm On Apr 14, 2023
Too bad
Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by Staywithbina: 3:38pm On Apr 14, 2023
GrassrootReport:

Source: https://www.grassrootreportersng.com/2023/04/final-year-unical-medical-student-commits-suicide.html?amp=1
E no go pass woman matter.i remember that year I wanted to take my life in school cos of chidera ,I was messed up but then I remembered my family and how far I have gone and also reminiscing on my future ,I sure say na because I get small sense if not I would have just gone ,none of my children will that stupid as me , and that am making sure of now

7 Likes

Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by lereinter(m): 3:39pm On Apr 14, 2023
Berrityga:
So when the push the story to front page you will be happyy right? One day other media houses will thrive on your death too.

Do you have a hand in the suicide?

How can death of a final year student body found hanging not make news

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by Badekz: 3:40pm On Apr 14, 2023
Omo
Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by Mrfeel: 3:40pm On Apr 14, 2023
CondenseMilk:
angry

You don't own your life nigga, why take it!

Lies , everyone owns his or her life

4 Likes

Re: Stanley Nwanne: Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Pics) by sonnie10: 3:41pm On Apr 14, 2023
It could run in the family
It could be stress related
It could be due to untreated trauma
It could be a result of previous abuse
It could be substance induced

Whatever the reason, the signs would have been there but no one listened. Most times they had attempted it or showed plan to carry it out in the past.
In a country like this where access to professional care is very limited, resources such as family, friends and religious settings are necessary to prevent this type of incident.

No matter how busy you are, find time to listen and talk to that person that is hurting.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Commits Suicide Because His Wife Left Him In Ogun (Disturbing Photos) / Madagascar Records First Coronavirus Death / Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.