Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison (52368 Views)

Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus / Lagos Party: Police Arrest, Charge Erelu Okin Over Petrol Souvenir / Chrstopher Ezeh Sentenced To 27 Years In Prison For Killing Student In Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by Cutehector(m): 7:04am On Mar 26, 2022
DenreleDave:

The small thing u can't read and understand....

Where you see gas Them say petrol, you dey talk gas...

Hiannnnnn
this boy.. Gasoline is petrol na.. Effect of not going to school
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by Cutehector(m): 7:08am On Mar 26, 2022
DenreleDave:
actually i was being sarcastic but so bad dt most didnt know grin grin grin grin
you dont even know how to be sarcastic bro!
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by OBTOREPA(m): 7:15am On Mar 26, 2022
Afrobasic:
27 months for sharing ordinary fuel

And Nigerians are here jubilating undecided

We truly deserve our leaders and the injustice that takes place in this country.
E weak me o
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by HRMK: 7:15am On Mar 26, 2022
Hmmm....lucky woman.....all she has to do is cough out #1.015m and walk freely back home!She can easily pay that in cash from her purse!I am sure,she learnt her lesson,even if in the hard way!IT IS WELL!!
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by bluebay(m): 7:16am On Mar 26, 2022
Lagos abs thier funny Sorvenier sha. I remember someone sharing fresh pepper , sharing of live fowl and even sharing of Plantain too. Time to correct thier heads
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by ubee(m): 7:47am On Mar 26, 2022
A lot of people on here have fired back at DenreleDave for his "apparent" ignorance about the meaning of gasoline, and it being another name for petrol (as we call it here)
But my disapproval is towards you people admonishing him rather than him.

Why should someone born and bred, or that has spent most of his life in Nigeria call it gasoline? Why?

It's obviously called gasoline in the Americas, but we have no reason to call it so over here.
A lot of us Nigerian youths today have this, unhealthy obsession with the US so much so that we want to talk like them, sound like them and abandon our own historical identity as a people.

Nigerians be yourselves, and stop wanting to be who you are not.
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by colestephan86: 7:50am On Mar 26, 2022
Benite:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/fuel-souvenir-court-sentences-lagos-socialite-ms-ogbulu-to-27-months-in-prison/
Yorubas will say ilu to ko si ofin , ko si ese nbe
A state with no laws has no crimes.
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by colestephan86: 7:50am On Mar 26, 2022
Sekoni003:
That's quite harsh but then someone rich enough to share gasoline should be able to afford the fine without stress cheesy
You don't question the severity of a law if you are law abiding
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by DenreleDave(m): 7:51am On Mar 26, 2022
Cutehector:
you dont even know how to be sarcastic bro!

Egun.... Mr sarcastic... Save the problem for ursef boy.. I don't av ur time
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by flyingdutchman(m): 7:54am On Mar 26, 2022
DenreleDave:
actually i was being sarcastic but so bad dt most didnt know grin grin grin grin
Phew! Relieved!
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by colestephan86: 7:56am On Mar 26, 2022
Dididrumz:
Now they are in a haste to sentence to flex muscle abi?

There are more serious cases in court that have been lingering for years.
Very useless justice system we have in Nigeria.
You are so dumb!
What is the name of the court the case was taken to?
Read again and enlighten yourself
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by ShaqFu: 7:59am On Mar 26, 2022
Ishilove:
And the matter has been done and dusted. She got off very lightly. That's the power of connection in high places.
If she was really connected she would have used her lawyer to frustrate the trial by prolonging it thereby giving flimsy excuses here an there.

She's just as connected as Jaruma. Lol. Hope you know she's gone AWOL? grin
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by placeofallure(f): 8:10am On Mar 26, 2022
Dididrumz:
Now they are in a haste to sentence to flex muscle abi?

There are more serious cases in court that have been lingering for years.
Very useless justice system we have in Nigeria.

We should start from somewhere please.

There are many cases lingering in court so this case should not be prosecuted abi? They should add this one too to the growing number?

If the government does one thing right, commend them. This is showing you it's no longer going to be business as usual.

Bamise BRT case too is getting the needed attention and we're following.
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by shinealight(m): 8:14am On Mar 26, 2022
Sekoni003:
That's quite harsh but then someone rich enough to share gasoline should be able to afford the fine without stress cheesy

It’s not harsh at all….she’s lucky there’s option of paying fines. She just has to look for N1million plus N15,000 which is not up to what they would have sprayed her at the party.
What she did was rather vain and inconsiderate of her Environment. A good lesson to all vain and conceited party-goers ….particularly in Lagos where they treat money like pieces of paper.
Absolutely ridiculous way of life….all in the name of some “culture” which has now gone haywire. People should learn to treat money with due respect and not flaunt it even in the presence of the needy and poor in society which encourages vices like kidnapping, ritual killings, etc!! shocked shocked
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by Ishilove: 8:33am On Mar 26, 2022
ShaqFu:
If she was really connected she would have used her lawyer to frustrate the trial by prolonging it thereby giving flimsy excuses here an there.

She's just as connected as Jaruma. Lol. Hope you know she's gone AWOL? grin
The connection influenced the light sentence, trust me. grin
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by ogascomax: 8:37am On Mar 26, 2022
DenreleDave:

Hiannnnnn

Funny enough you are wrong to think he is wrong. Gasoline is same as petrol, petrol can also be referred as gas.
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by GloriousGbola: 8:42am On Mar 26, 2022
DenreleDave:

Hiannnnnn

brits call it petrol, americans call it gas
even though we speak british english, we watch american movies and tv shows and so wind up mixing lexicon
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by Zion2900: 8:47am On Mar 26, 2022
Read Below

Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by Ishilove: 8:48am On Mar 26, 2022
GloriousGbola:

brits call it petrol, americans call it gas
even though we speak british english, we watch american movies and tv shows and so wind up mixing lexicon
Brits spell it gaol, Americans spell it jail and our preferred spelling is the American spelling
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by Joetttimua1811(m): 8:50am On Mar 26, 2022
Hmmmmm
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by GloriousGbola: 8:53am On Mar 26, 2022
Ishilove:

Brits spell it gaol, Americans spell it jail and our preferred spelling is the American spelling

those bloody american movies that spread their culture everywhere angry angry angry

even after trump , iraq etal we are still conditioned to see americans as the good guys

now let me place my order for a burger king triple angry

we are mostly still british - metric [thank God] BS standards, and the queens english you keep firing people with cheesy
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by AK481(m): 8:56am On Mar 26, 2022
Afrobasic:
27 months for sharing ordinary fuel

And Nigerians are here jubilating undecided

We truly deserve our leaders and the injustice that takes place in this country.

The lawyers advised her wrongly ,who pleads guilty to all count charges just like that ?
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by ShaqFu: 9:00am On Mar 26, 2022
Ishilove:

The connection influenced the light sentence, trust me. grin
27 months? Doesn't look light to me. That's 2 years plus....

Anyway we sha know she'll be allowed certain privileges. So it doesn't matter. grin
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by Ishilove: 9:05am On Mar 26, 2022
ShaqFu:
27 months? Doesn't look light to me. That's 2 years plus....

Anyway we sha know she'll be allowed certain privileges. So it doesn't matter. grin
2 years plus, or a fine of 1milla which the average business man can afford. cheesy
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by prophetfire: 9:53am On Mar 26, 2022
Kestolove:
Igbo people again...nawa o
. Igbo woman as Erelu in Yoruba land?
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by EmeraldKing7(m): 10:17am On Mar 26, 2022
DenreleDave:

Hiannnnnn
Oga delete this this wey u write

Gasoline is the same thing as Petrol
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by EmeraldKing7(m): 10:21am On Mar 26, 2022
ubee:
A lot of people on here have fired back at DenreleDave for his "apparent" ignorance about the meaning of gasoline, and it being another name for petrol (as we call it here)
But my disapproval is towards you people admonishing him rather than him.

Why should someone born and bred, or that has spent most of his life in Nigeria call it gasoline? Why?

It's obviously called gasoline in the Americas, but we have no reason to call it so over here.
A lot of us Nigerian youths today have this, unhealthy obsession with the US so much so that we want to talk like them, sound like them and abandon our own historical identity as a people.

Nigerians be yourselves, and stop wanting to be who you are not.

Oga which one is trying to sound like American... Is American and British English not used interchangeably by we Nigerians?

The guy tried to make a mockery of someone but instead he disgraced himself
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by Freebills12: 10:24am On Mar 26, 2022
Nigeria my country... These laws are for the poor people, Sharia law inclusive. Politicians do share petrol during campaign and nothing happens to them... Politicians do use alcoholic drink in the North during ceremony and nothing happens. Are we using different laws in Nigeria?
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by BennyDGreat: 10:37am On Mar 26, 2022
akpunda86:

Any body used this kind of generator before,,just received it as a gift from UK

How many KVA is this?
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by godofuck231: 10:38am On Mar 26, 2022
So the thieves are saints, Deziani never die for prison na person when try do good but was ignorant, that means tinubu will transcend to heaven with plenty virgins ,
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by akpunda86: 10:43am On Mar 26, 2022
BennyDGreat:

How many KVA is this?

1.5KVA.silent mode a gift from a friend
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by DenreleDave(m): 11:21am On Mar 26, 2022
EmeraldKing7:

Oga which one is trying to sound like American... Is American and British English not used interchangeably by we Nigerians?

The guy tried to make a mockery of someone but instead he disgraced himself

Use your sense bro..... It is a joke... Can't u see the image below...

I was expecting this reaction... Notin like disgrace... It's attention dt I needed and I got it grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Leader Of Imo Zenith Bank Robbery Arrested At Father's Funeral / Shallow Grave Found In Lagos Pastor’s Home (photos) / Father Kills His Son In Ebonyi, 2nd Son Retaliates, Kills Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.