Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,725 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison (52363 Views)

Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus / Lagos Party: Police Arrest, Charge Erelu Okin Over Petrol Souvenir / Chrstopher Ezeh Sentenced To 27 Years In Prison For Killing Student In Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by ShaqFu: 11:30am On Mar 26, 2022
Ishilove:

2 years pluse, or a fine of 1milla which the average business man can afford. cheesy
Ah now I understand better. grin
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by QueenVaji: 12:10pm On Mar 26, 2022
DenreleDave:

The small thing u can't read and understand....

Where you see gas Them say petrol, you dey talk gas...

Hiannnnnn

See illiterate, disgrace yourself the more...so u dnt know that another name for petrol is gasoline...and what u Nigerians call gas is propane...olodo
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by jechona(m): 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2022
HardMirror:
the judgement is very ok. What is wrong with it again?

Judgement withing 10 days since it is the government victimizing and individual is OK right? How many cases do we have pending in court for years without attention? How many time has the court judged a case and tell the government that it is wrong?

My brother/sister, we need to keep sentiments aside and tell ourselves the truth. Yes that fuel gifting is dangerous but, did the government provide fuel for it citizens at that time?
Is there any safety procedure for sharing fuel or law against sharing fuel in the constitution of this country?

People are abusing their offices and telling us how insignificant we are and we are here ignorantly supporting their wrong doings.
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by HardMirror(m): 1:57pm On Mar 26, 2022
jechona:

Judgement withing 10 days since it is the government victimizing and individual is OK right? How many cases do we have pending in court for years without attention? How many time has the court judged a case and tell the government that it is wrong?

My brother/sister, we need to keep sentiments aside and tell ourselves the truth. Yes that fuel gifting is dangerous but, did the government provide fuel for it citizens at that time?
Is there any safety procedure for sharing fuel or law against sharing fuel in the constitution of this country?

People are abusing their offices and telling us how insignificant we are and we are here ignorantly supporting their wrong doings.
while you raised valid points, so what? Does that make the judgement bad? Address those other issues , but do t because of those issues advocate against the judgement against this woman. Please put your sentiments aside cause you are the one guilty of that not me.
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by Abdu1azeez(m): 2:26pm On Mar 26, 2022
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by ubee(m): 2:38pm On Mar 26, 2022
Mr man they are not used interchangeably in Nigeria. That is a falsehood.
The thing is that Nigeria youth being deeply influenced by American culture through the media have started trying to throw in their word spelling, and pronunciations in their communications.

Like i said in my previous post, it's an unhealthy obsession with the U.S.A and it's not cool at all.

Let's be ourselves.

p.s: And of course i agree with you, the guy sort of disgraced himself by how assertive he was while being ignorant of the fact that gasoline is actually another word for petrol.

The most important point i am trying to make ultimately is we should use words, pronounce words and spell words just the way we were thought from our early school days and onwards.

Let's stop trying to be who we are not.
EmeraldKing7:

Oga which one is trying to sound like American... Is American and British English not used interchangeably by we Nigerians?

The guy tried to make a mockery of someone but instead he disgraced himself
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by purpinkx(m): 3:14pm On Mar 26, 2022
RichDad1:
While it’s obvious she came afford to pay the #1.015m fine to avoid jail term, however, over sabi and clout chasing has made her an ex- convict. Which means she can’t contest for any political position in Nigeria.

Correct me if I'm wrong, was Obasanjo not an ex-con?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 26, 2022
Dididrumz:
Now they are in a haste to sentence to flex muscle abi?

There are more serious cases in court that have been lingering for years.
Very useless justice system we have in Nigeria.

Who knows what they would have done if it had resulted to people been burnt to death as result of carelessness from fuel souvenir.

More serious cases are in court that have been lingering.
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by Enemyofpeace: 4:33pm On Mar 26, 2022
Next time she go borrow herself brain

Please I need someone to show me some love and infection to mend my broken earth
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by ajl: 4:50pm On Mar 26, 2022
Like most do not understand English. It's says 3 months imprisonment or option of N15k fine, and another N1 million charge. So, if it were you, you will choose to go to jail rather than pay the fine.
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by Deenillah(m): 5:29pm On Mar 26, 2022
Bur seriously speaking, what is wrong in giving out petrol as souvenir?

I mean, it happens to be like one of the most wanted necessity as at when this was done.

Somebody should please enlighten me.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by Shyboyk(m): 6:45pm On Mar 26, 2022
DenreleDave:

Hiannnnnn

Is petrol not gasoline �
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by KingDamzzy(m): 8:46pm On Mar 26, 2022
Only one person should be allowed to share fuel as a souvenir and his name is Jerry.

Jerry can.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by dalass(f): 8:58pm On Mar 26, 2022
DenreleDave:

Hiannnnnn

You're too hasty to judge something. Americans call Petrol as Gasoline. They refer to petrol station as gas filling station
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by dalass(f): 8:59pm On Mar 26, 2022
KingDamzzy:
Only one person should be allowed to share fuel as a souvenir and his name is Jerry.

Jerry can.

Lols grin grin
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by dalass(f): 9:03pm On Mar 26, 2022
Deenillah:
Bur seriously speaking, what is wrong in giving out petrol as souvenir?

I mean, it happens to be like one of the most wanted necessity as at when this was done.

Somebody should please enlighten me.

Bros, check out the video, those Petrol gallons were stacked close to the stage.... Anything could spark off the highly flammable petrol as people rushed... In a hall full of people using electrical gadgets, phones? Abegi

grin

1 Like

Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by Deenillah(m): 9:48pm On Mar 26, 2022
I get it now.
I didn't think of it from this angle.
Thanks man.

dalass:

Bros, check out the video, those Petrol gallons were stacked close to the stage.... Anything could spark off the highly flammable petrol as people rushed... In a hall full of people using electrical gadgets, phones? Abegi

grin

1 Like

Re: Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison by PumpumPrince: 1:08pm On Jul 19, 2022
Essy23:

you seem quite retarded tbvh
helo. please may i hav it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Air Force Officer And Policeman Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In Plateau State.Photo / Anambra Man Commits Suicide By Hanging Himself On A Tree With Rope(photos) / Leader Of Imo Zenith Bank Robbery Arrested At Father's Funeral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.