Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,074 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) (27913 Views)

Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi / Ali Modu Sheriff & Obanikoro At APC National Convention / Iara Oshiomhole Shines At APC National Convention (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by Oshodipikin: 5:57pm On Mar 26, 2022
Lagos covers go don de hemorrhage now.

1 Like

Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by aribs(m): 6:01pm On Mar 26, 2022
basilo101:

PDP was formed by East and north yet gave Obasanjo ticket
Formed by the east and the north in what sense ? Was the g 34 that metamorphosed into what became the nucleus of PDP from those two regions or are you ignoring the fact that the constitution of PDP was written by Bola Ige of blessed memory? Now you can say acceptability of PDP was in those two areas initially but if there was ever a pan Nigeria party at the end of military rule in 1999, that was PDP

5 Likes

Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by Nchenches: 6:04pm On Mar 26, 2022
LordIsaac:

APC is a party formed by the North and the South West. Honestly, in APC, power is rotated between the North and South West. If the South East can join the winning team now and place BAT in power, after 8 years, they could have a say.

Stop stealing.

The SE's Ogbonnaya Onus, the Rochas Okorochas, the Ngiges, and the too many others from the SE formed APC with Tinubu and Buhari.

That more people from the SW than the SE voted for Buhari should not be why Tinubu shall be rewarded to succeed President Buhari.

5 Likes

Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:05pm On Mar 26, 2022
Vixlot:
Wailing is allowed

Is it going to be an all nighter? I'm looking at the time, and they haven't started yet
Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by Helper1991(m): 6:17pm On Mar 26, 2022
Nigeria can be better if everyone in this place dies. Forgive me Lord. But if I was to be a bandit or Boko Haram.... I cannot be stopped from causing havoc in this place within two minutes.

3 Likes

Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by Urbanchampion: 6:25pm On Mar 26, 2022
Nchenches:

Stop stealing.

The SE's Ogbonnaya Onus, the Rochas Okorochas, the Ngiges, and the too many others from the SE formed APC with Tinubu and Buhari.

That more people from the SW than the SE voted for Buhari should not be why Tinubu shall be rewarded to succeed President Buhari.

See you, we're talking about human beings, you dey mention Onu, Ngige in the same sentence with Buhari and Tinubu. people wey dey hustle for Ministerial position where Tinubu dey dash out ministerial slots.

6 Likes

Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by IamNat: 6:56pm On Mar 26, 2022
Nchenches:

Tinubu knows it's not the turn of the SW to produce president for Nigeria.

So by ignoring zoning for the southern regions nut asks north to adhere to zoning to enable south produce a successor to President Buhari, Tinubu sinned against the rest of the south. North is likely to also refuse zoning by following Tinubu's example.

If the north refusing zoning makes you happy, it's all good but Tinubu is ready to pursue his ambitions. Something no one from your southern part of the country can do yet.

4 Likes

Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by ComrdDRS1: 7:19pm On Mar 26, 2022
kingmsookwagh:
So, Akume chickened out at the last hour. He wants to keep eating crumps and not get it big to move Benue to the next level ahbi?

What am I even saying?? Isn't that what our leaders are about. Weak, confuse and always unscrupulous.

Just look at the way that dumb head called Ortom has been handling the crisis in IKPAYONGO. If it's to wail on PMB, he would come out on national TV and do it like a chicken. BENUE state is doomed and don't know when a Messiah will come.
why are you people always attacking your leaders
Is it only Akume that Dropout
Do you even know anything about national politics?? nawaoo

1 Like

Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 26, 2022
Vixlot:
Wailing is allowed

Wailing is allowed, but, it has a limit, otherwise, it becomes a contempt which is a chargeable offence.

Going through inexperienced youths statements made me laugh. You see bitterness and helplessness in their statements. One boy said North and East formed PDP and gave the ticket to OBJ. I just laugh. What of Chief Sunday Awoniyi ,Chief SM Afolabi , Chief Ebenezer Babatope and host of others? Did the East voted for Obasanjo at the Convention? No. They voted for Ekwueme.

2 Likes

Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by Khaysee: 10:58pm On Mar 26, 2022
Bat is the flag bearer

1 Like

Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by basilo101: 11:47pm On Mar 26, 2022
aribs:

Formed by the east and the north in what sense ? Was the g 34 that metamorphosed into what became the nucleus of PDP from those two regions or are you ignoring the fact that the constitution of PDP was written by Bola Ige of blessed memory? Now you can say acceptability of PDP was in those two areas initially but if there was ever a pan Nigeria party at the end of military rule in 1999, that was PDP
Na the acceptability we are talking about na. Was ogbonnaya on not Buhari henchman. Was he not part of APC formation. What of Osita Okechukwu. People who worked with Buhari at the main opposition when Tinubu was still a tribal god, he still is
Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by basilo101: 11:49pm On Mar 26, 2022
babaolofin:

Wailing is allowed, but, it has a limit, otherwise, it becomes a contempt which is a chargeable offence.

Going through inexperienced youths statements made me laugh. You see bitterness and helplessness in their statements. One boy said North and East formed PDP and gave the ticket to OBJ. I just laugh. What of Chief Sunday Awoniyi ,Chief SM Afolabi , Chief Ebenezer Babatope and host of others? Did the East voted for Obasanjo at the Convention? No. They voted for Ekwueme.
I can mention a longer list of igbos who was part of APC formation yet you claim that SW and north formed it. Did yoruba vote obj? No, they voted falae
Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by aribs(m): 11:59pm On Mar 26, 2022
basilo101:

Na the acceptability we are talking about na. Was ogbonnaya on not Buhari henchman. Was he not part of APC formation. What of Osita Okechukwu. People who worked with Buhari at the main opposition when Tinubu was still a tribal god, he still is
Thought your reference was to PDP but now that you refer to APC , you ignoring the fact that Tinubu and his parties ( AD,ACN) were the symbol of opposition in Nigeria post 1999 is all too funny . You can dislike him all you want and I am indifferent to him myself but none of those gentlemen you mention come close in clout and ability to Tinubu as a fact. None of those men had the honor of nominating a Vice President nor were they instrumental in elections of governors so I fail to see the comparison
Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by basilo101: 12:50am On Mar 27, 2022
aribs:

Thought your reference was to PDP but now that you refer to APC , you ignoring the fact that Tinubu and his parties ( AD,ACN) were the symbol of opposition in Nigeria post 1999 is all too funny . You can dislike him all you want and I am indifferent to him myself but none of those gentlemen you mention come close in clout and ability to Tinubu as a fact. None of those men had the honor of nominating a Vice President nor were they instrumental in elections of governors so I fail to see the comparison
You are mixing things up. My reference was to PDP in 1999 but you brought list of Yoruba PDP founders so I also brought Igbo APC founders. There is no how there will be zero partcipation but acceptance like you said is what matters. PDP was a no no in SW yet they gave obj the ticket and igbos reaped heavily from obj presidency. Your jagaban backing igboman can even benefit you more but you are too myopic to see that
Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by aribs(m): 1:58am On Mar 27, 2022
basilo101:

You are mixing things up. My reference was to PDP in 1999 but you brought list of Yoruba PDP founders so I also brought Igbo APC founders. There is no how there will be zero partcipation but acceptance like you said is what matters. PDP was a no no in SW yet they gave obj the ticket and igbos reaped heavily from obj presidency. Your jagaban backing igboman can even benefit you more but you are too myopic to see that
You are probably the myopic one here. I recollect Ekwueme did contest against Obasanjo and no one took that right away from him. Only when Obasanjo emerged did everyone back him. You would have to ask the delegates who voted for Obj why they did so even though they knew he was a political liability in the south west at the time. Nothing wrong if you prop up your candidate to face off against Tinubu. You have Umahi who is also an aspirant. Tinubu has a right to contest as does any Nigerian.
Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by Nchenches: 3:05am On Mar 27, 2022
Urbanchampion:

See you, we're talking about human beings, you dey mention Onu, Ngige in the same sentence with Buhari and Tinubu. people wey dey hustle for Ministerial position where Tinubu dey dash out ministerial slots.
Okay, make una human being, Tinubu, come become president na. Let's see the miracle that can make it real, since before you people, some humans are more equal than others in Nigeria. Animal Farm is what you equate Nigeria to. People of little IQ.

1 Like

Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by Nobody: 4:46am On Mar 27, 2022
basilo101:

I can mention a longer list of igbos who was part of APC formation yet you claim that SW and north formed it. Did yoruba vote obj? No, they voted falae

Abacha died third quarter of 1998. The Convention of PDP was to nominate the person to takeover from the military . The IBOs fought Obj with all their resources, machinery and propaganda. At the Convention, just like ongoing APC Convention, the IBOs fought against OBJ and voted for Ekwueme.

Mention the IBOs that formed the PDP compared with the founding fathers that are Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by Nobody: 5:06am On Mar 27, 2022
basilo101:

Who is Ogbonnaya Onu? You mentioned a young man Osita Okechukwu who was under training by exposure to governance. I attended University in IBO land. I spent 6 years. I know the way you think. I thought things have changed, Social media has revealed that those crude way of thinking are hereditary.

You said Buhari was the main opposition when he wept openly after 2011 and gave up hope of ruling Nigeria. Atiku & Ben Obi used Tinubu platform in 2007. The BROOM in APC logo is a symbol of Tinubu's courage. It is that broom that brought courage and hope to Buhari. That is the Broom that swept away Jonathan.

All those mushrooms of people you are mentioning are just unknown supporters .

In the PDP formation, only Alex Ekwueme and may be Ojo Maduekwe are the only politically renown men. I only gave 3 Yoruba names. We have a lot of them.

1 Like

Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by hakeemhakeem(m): 6:54am On Mar 27, 2022
Nchenches:

Okay, make una human being, Tinubu, come become president na. Let's see the miracle that can make it real, since before you people, some humans are more equal than others in Nigeria. Animal Farm is what you equate Nigeria to. People of little IQ.

Do you think the animal farm was the story of animal? It's all about human behaviors but the written in a sarcastic
Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by hakeemhakeem(m): 6:55am On Mar 27, 2022
Nchenches:

Do you think the animal farm was the story of animal? It's all about human behaviors but written in a sarcastic
Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by seunmsg(m): 7:34am On Mar 27, 2022
basilo101:

It’s not about having a couple of Igbos as founding members, it’s about what these Igbo leaders brought to the table at the time. Ngige, Onu, Okechukwu etc brought nothing to the table other than their Igbo names. APC lost woefully in the SE in 2015 and 2019.

So you, it’s not about naming names, it’s about contribution to the party. SW has paid her dues in the party so it’s normal they get preference over other southern zones.

In PDP, the SE will get preference over SW and we won’t wail about it because SE has invested more in the party in recent years than SW.

4 Likes

Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by kingmsookwagh(m): 1:09pm On Mar 27, 2022
ComrdDRS1:

why are you people always attacking your leaders
Is it only Akume that Dropout
Do you even know anything about national politics?? nawaoo
I speak for my household, let other speak for therisi.
Akume is who directly affects me. Wetin be my business with almakura and the rest??
Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by Nchenches: 9:08pm On Mar 27, 2022
hakeemhakeem:

Do you think the animal farm was the story of animal? It's all about human behaviors but written in a sarcastic

Teach me again about Animal Farm story. I never knew it was about human behaviors illustratrated through animals!!!!

This is how you people arrogated to yourselves the banner of the most sophisticated tribe with extra intelligence in Nigeria.

Aboki is using BAT to retain the presidency in 2023 through PDP.
Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by ComrdDRS1: 9:45pm On Mar 27, 2022
kingmsookwagh:
I speak for my household, let other speak for therisi.
Akume is who directly affects me. Wetin be my business with almakura and the rest??
It's like you want him to vomit even the little that he is eating abi?? continue...
You can never be Akume, you are not even half smart as he is so...... just sit down and watch......
Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by kingmsookwagh(m): 2:08am On Mar 28, 2022
ComrdDRS1:

It's like you want him to vomit even the little that he is eating abi?? continue...
You can never be Akume, you are not even half smart as he is so...... just sit down and watch......
crumps in a corrupt manner.
Smartness indeed...
Re: APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) by Vixlot: 12:20am On Mar 29, 2022
babaolofin:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Buhari May Not Attend Presidential Debate — APC / Nemesis Catching Up With Tinubu – Bode George / Tollgates To Return As FG Grants Individuals Licence To Build, Maintain Highways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.