Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi (36762 Views)

Labour Party National Chair Sold Reps Ticket To APC Defector - SR / Mrs Dudu Manuga Nominated As Labour Party's National Women Leader (Photos) / Police Stop Ajimobi-Led APC From Entering Party National Secretariat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi by Gemid94(m): 9:18pm On Mar 29
Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party for 2023 elections has declared his stance on the recent national convention of the party that saw Barr Julius Abure emerge as Julius Abure emerge as national chairman.

Addressing Nigerians on X Space hosted by Parallel Facts on Friday, Peter Obi said he ignored the convention because the party leadership under Abure failed to do wide consultation with key stakeholders of the party before embarking on the said convention.

The former Anambra Governor emphasised the need for the right thing to be done to salvage the party, adding that he is more passionate about building a new Nigeria than building a new Labour Party.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/why-i-ignored-labour-party-national-convention-peter-obi/

100 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi by Roboto11: 9:19pm On Mar 29
Very selfish man.

162 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi by Richtaiwo: 9:19pm On Mar 29
If anyone is in doubt if miscreants have brain, this should clear all the doubts. Compare their comments on the thread below with what they will say on this thread. I mean, the sharp U turn about to be encountered since obi has spoken on the convention.

https://www.nairaland.com/8043667/abure-re-elected-lp-national-chairman#129135811

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi by Okoroawusa: 9:21pm On Mar 29
Hahahaha! See political olosho. So for him Labour Party can go to hell?

168 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi by RushManni: 9:27pm On Mar 29
Ofunaofu:
These Agbadorians and Bulabans above me are irredeemable

Lol .... You know them

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi by Kukutente23: 9:33pm On Mar 29
Lol. Defection loading

104 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi by Paraman: 9:41pm On Mar 29
Obi does not care about the LP

94 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi by tony0806: 9:44pm On Mar 29
Roboto11:
Very selfish man.

Your selfishness na x100000

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi by chopnaira: 9:46pm On Mar 29
Gemid94:
Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party for 2023 elections has declared his stance on the recent national convention of the party that saw Barr Julius Abure emerge as Julius Abure emerge as national chairman.

Addressing Nigerians on X Space hosted by Parallel Facts on Friday, Peter Obi said he ignored the convention because the party leadership under Abure failed to do wide consultation with key stakeholders of the party before embarking on the said convention.

The former Anambra Governor emphasised the need for the right thing to be done to salvage the party, adding that he is more passionate about building a new Nigeria than building a new Labour Party.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/why-i-ignored-labour-party-national-convention-peter-obi/
Yup. Same thing I said on this thread.
👇
chopnaira:
As per party leadership tussle, he said that he told Abure to contact/consult and meet stakeholders like Pat Utomi, NUC, NLC, senators and HOR of the parties.
He said he is only a presidential candidate and not a party Exco. He said he heard about the party convention in Umuahia. He said he met Otti, HOR, Senators and stakeholders too and discussed the issue with them; however, NWC (whatever that means) insinuated they will go on with what they have planned and wanted to do and they shifted the venue to Anambra. He said I did not attend because for me, we need to do more work more consultations more discussion before the convention.

He said he did not promise he was going to change APGA as a party but only change Anambra. He said he is not here to build a labour party as well but to build a new Nigeria.

He blames some imaginary enemies of trying to distract them from the focus.

He later said he would try to change them but he will not die with them. (I don't know who he was referring to though). Maybe labour party and the die with them could mean he can jump out of the party if he wants.

chopnaira:

They just asked him about the labour party financial fraud issues. He kept dancing round the question. He eventually said until they (Labour Party) brings an external auditor, he won't be saying anything on it. He now ended it with God would punish anybody that steals campaign money because it's public money.

chopnaira:
Question on INEC by Stephen of LP Edo. One of those that stepped down for Olumide...

Stephen is saying that result should be immediately uploaded at polling unit. And that national Assembly should codify it, and that the flaws in the Current electoral act is why Peter obi is not president today.
Peter's reply:
He said it's a question that everybody has to work on. He said he is also learning. He asked Obidients to tell him what to do...

Only Key Obidients are allowed to ask questions. Key Obidients are Obidients with thousands of followers on twitter

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi by chopnaira: 9:48pm On Mar 29
Paraman:
Obi does not care about the LP
He left a clue that he would not die with the party as well incase everything scatter patapata.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi by tommy589(m): 10:04pm On Mar 29
Building a new platform

2 Likes

Re: Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi by omoredia: 10:09pm On Mar 29
Alex Otti is a big headache for corrupt and intending corrupt Nigerian leaders. He has dispelled the preposterous yet widely held belief that sterling leadership will always be beyond reach, and as such, it should be okay to settle with mediocre leaders.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi by Melagros(m): 10:10pm On Mar 29
COMRADES, this is commendable, Obi said he is so concerned about rebuilding Nigeria that was bastardised by the evil APC party and not the crisis rocking the labour party
Honestly, this is the kind of a leader that Nigeria needs now

158 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi by wwwkaycom(m): 10:10pm On Mar 29
Well done, continue to ignore them. By the time you take a second shot at the presidency in 2027 without Emefiele to help you hoard naira and no Aso Rock cabal to attempt to frustrate any candidate, you will know that Nigerians have ignored you with your grandstanding and moved on.
Nonsence Obingo.

82 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi by Anijay1212(m): 10:11pm On Mar 29

Some Nigerians and selfish interest sha.
Is this how they want to organize themselves and wrest political power?
Why can't we forget our personal ambitions and work collectively for the common good of the people.
What is wrong with us sef.
angry angry angry

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi by chopnaira: 10:11pm On Mar 29
One Obidient asked him to amend the constitution when he comes president (dictatorship and fascist style grin).

Peter Obi replied with a few incoherent words and suddenly stopped speaking halfway through his speech for like 7 seconds ..then he suddenly started speaking again and danced around the question and eventually said it depends on the presidency and that he has to set good example 😂

He could have just said that would have to though the legislature.. Honestly, the man is not very bright

79 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi by erniok(m): 10:11pm On Mar 29
Roboto11:
Very selfish man.
Wrong. If he was selfish, he'd have kept quiet since he was automatically given the ticket as the party's presidential flag bearer.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi by flexyrule(m): 10:12pm On Mar 29
There are plenty of goats parading themselves as humans in this country.

Little wonder Buhari was reelected after a woeful first tenure as civilian President.

If you're hoping for a better Nigeria, then you must be underestimating the capability of a congregation of very stupid people.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi by Chivisee: 10:12pm On Mar 29
Anyhow Pandora want to do it,obidenses has ended his political career.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi by Scarrr: 10:13pm On Mar 29
Subtle update ,when labor party crash finish in coming months, Agulu lying machine dey port😂.. person wey no fit rebuild ordinary party wan build Nigeria..shior🥲

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi by SeeWahala: 10:13pm On Mar 29
Simple and coincise cool

The peoples president

9 Likes

Re: Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi by Realtruth2023: 10:13pm On Mar 29
Okoroawusa:
Hahahaha! See political olosho. So for him Labour Party can go to hell?

Try and be smart naaaa. You are the one assuming he wants to go to another party.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi by Kingrshd3: 10:13pm On Mar 29
That's how u won't attend Nigerians submit in overseas and yet you want to become president 😂

Wait till 2099 Biko nu

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Ignored Labour Party National Convention — Peter Obi by Mindlog: 10:14pm On Mar 29
Abure on a lone, wild journey.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What To Do On The Day Of Election At The Polling Unit In Pix / Surajudeen Adekunbi Beats His Wife To Coma In Court - Naijapopular.com / Amaechi: I Won’t Descend To Wike’s Level, He Was My Employee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.