Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

JUST IN: Al-makura, Akume, Yari, Other APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JUST IN: Al-makura, Akume, Yari, Other APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For (800 Views)

Coast Clear For Ize-iyamu As Two APC Aspirants Step Down / Al-Makura Begs Governor-Elect Abdullahi Sule To Give Him Three Months / Gov El-rufai, Yari, Other APC Governors Meet With Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

JUST IN: Al-makura, Akume, Yari, Other APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For by ArewaNorth: 1:34pm On Mar 26, 2022
Six chairmanship aspirants of the All Progressives Congress (APC) have withdrawn from the race and chosen their co-aspirant, Senator Abdullahi Adamu, as the consensus candidate.

Adamu is President Muhammadu Buhari’s preferred candidate.

The aspirants made their decision known in a letter dated February 25, 2023 and obtained by Daily Trust.

The letter which was addressed to the Chairman, APC Election Su-Committee read and signed by Akume read, “May I kindly refer to the appeal by Mr President for the chairmanship aspirants our great party to agree to a consensus arrangement wherein our colleague H.E, Sen Abdullahi Adamu is made our consensus candidate for the chairmanship position and forward letters of withdrawal from the under listed aspirants to wit: 1.H.E Sen. Tanko Al-Makura 2. H.E Sen. George Akume 3. H.E Abdulaziz Yari 4. Sen. Sani Musa Muhammed 5. Comm. Etsu Muhammed 6. Turaki Saliu Mustapha.”

Details later…

https://dailytrust.com/justin-al-makura-akume-yari-other-apc-chairmanship-aspirants-step-down-for-adamu
Re: JUST IN: Al-makura, Akume, Yari, Other APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For by trutharena: 1:36pm On Mar 26, 2022
Nice one.

All the governors nominated the members from their respective states so the president has the right to also nominate the national chairman.

Now the goal is the presidential candidate and going by APC history, it will be a proper primaries. Let the best man with the vast support of the delegates win.

Game on!

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Al-makura, Akume, Yari, Other APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For by alsudan: 1:38pm On Mar 26, 2022
According to Thiefnibu and his Urchins, even though Buhari has handpicked the NWC made up of 90% former PDP members including the Chairman and Secretary, thiefnibu will still be President.

I agree! Thiefnibu will be President of Oshodi Agberos.

Mr. Bullion Van and his Urchins how market?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JUST IN: Al-makura, Akume, Yari, Other APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For by Massiveglory: 1:41pm On Mar 26, 2022
Probably BAWA of EFCC was asked to stroll around the venue with their Files.

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Al-makura, Akume, Yari, Other APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For by Massiveglory: 1:43pm On Mar 26, 2022
trutharena:
Nice one.

Now the goal is the presidential candidate and going by APC history, it will be a proper primaries. Let the best man with the vast support of the delegates win.

Game on!

My bro has seen the hand writing on the wall. He has suddenly changed from tinubu to let the best man win. grin
Re: JUST IN: Al-makura, Akume, Yari, Other APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For by Salvador1: 1:44pm On Mar 26, 2022
grin
Re: JUST IN: Al-makura, Akume, Yari, Other APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For by AntonVince: 1:45pm On Mar 26, 2022
Massiveglory:
Probably BAWA of EFCC was asked to stroll around the venue with their Files.

Indeed.
Bawa must've been strolling around, whistling and nodding his head while scanning different directions in search of dissidents.

cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JUST IN: Al-makura, Akume, Yari, Other APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For by famology(m): 1:45pm On Mar 26, 2022
trutharena:
Nice one.

All the governors nominated the members from their respective states so the president has the right to also nominate the national chairman.

Game on!

Gbamsolutely!
But I won't be surprised if nobody contests against Tinubu. He's miles ahead of everyone.
Re: JUST IN: Al-makura, Akume, Yari, Other APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For by KingKO22: 1:46pm On Mar 26, 2022
alsudan:
According to Thiefnibu and his Urchins, even though Buhari has handpicked the NWC made up of 90% former PDP members including the Chairman and Secretary, thiefnibu will still be President.

I agree! Thiefnibu will be President of Oshodi Agberos.

Mr. Bullion Van and his Urchins how market?
grin Wailing wailer
Cry more my boy.

I enjoy the self satisfying narrative.

More news to wail until 2023 when proper crying for marginalization will kick off officially
Re: JUST IN: Al-makura, Akume, Yari, Other APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For by Drsnives(m): 1:47pm On Mar 26, 2022
Afonja i hail una for dirtiness
Re: JUST IN: Al-makura, Akume, Yari, Other APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For by mrvitalis(m): 2:07pm On Mar 26, 2022
famology:

Gbamsolutely!
But I won't be surprised if nobody contests against Tinubu. He's miles ahead of everyone.
How can someone be lying to themselves like this

Buhari and his people are treating tinubu like who they want to hand over to ? Na wa ooh

Na shame ABI na watin
Re: JUST IN: Al-makura, Akume, Yari, Other APC Chairmanship Aspirants Step Down For by Mynd44: 2:19pm On Mar 26, 2022

(1)

Anambra Women Are Hardworking,I Take Pride In Being Nwayi Anambra-Soludo Wife / Emi Lokan: From Anger To Slogan / You must Be Mad If You Think Nigeria Would Ever Work, Nigeria Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.