Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,472 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria (1832 Views)

Anti-atheism In Nigeria / My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. / 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by CanadaOrBust: 1:06pm On Mar 27, 2022
Legendforte:

Witchcraft, karma, geomancy, palmistry, astrology,soul awakening, numerology, name analysis, colourology, transmigration, vegetarianism etc are elements and part of spirituality. Note no central deity or gods. Its more of mysticism and occult experimentation. No dogmas and indoctrination but a system of practical knowledge.

U didn’t answer the question. Tell us how any of these does not include “beliefs faith and inductrinations”. Remember, Confucianism is a religion, so is Taoism
Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by CanadaOrBust: 1:10pm On Mar 27, 2022
orisa37:
ATHEISM IN NIGERIA 2022 IS ENDTIME PROPAGANDA.
AND IT'S INTENDED TO SCATTER AND LOOT NIGERIA DRY.

Sofly sofly o. Don’t forget some top people in Naija tech are atheists

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by CanadaOrBust: 1:13pm On Mar 27, 2022
LordReed:

Yes like those ones that raped and murdered a lady inside a church or the ones that kidnapped people from inside church or the ones that bombed churches.

Those are obviously NOT religious people. Those whom they kidnapped and murdered are. If you would just be honest for a minute, you’d admit your average Nigerian is a better human being with religion than without
Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by LordReed(m): 1:17pm On Mar 27, 2022
CanadaOrBust:

Those are obviously NOT religious people. Those whom they kidnapped and murdered are. If you would just be honest for a minute, you’d admit your average Nigerian is a better human being with religion than without

You said that a possible armed robber who could have robbed me may have been converted by your god so what was he waiting for in those circumstances?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by CanadaOrBust: 1:18pm On Mar 27, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz. I see you've decided to play the ostrich. Have at it bro, enjoy.

I’m just presenting FACTS. In reality Nigeria is NOT a poor country. Many, many people in Nigeria are rich by any standard. Nigeria has the highest number of rich people than any black community in the world!
Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by LordReed(m): 1:19pm On Mar 27, 2022
CanadaOrBust:

I’m just presenting FACTS. In reality Nigeria is NOT a poor country. Many, many people in Nigeria are rich by any standard. Nigeria has the highest number of rich people than any black community in the world!

LoLz!

3 Likes

Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by PoliteActivist: 1:29pm On Mar 27, 2022
LordReed:

I think it's more that the African has an almost ingrained conservatism. Innovation is not a word the average African wants to put into practice and religion ties in with that so strongly.

Greetings sir. I would suggest you are looking at things with a jaundiced eye. Almost all innovations and discoveries that kick-started scientific and industrial revolution were by religious people - including the big bang theory atheists hang their hats on.
Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by CanadaOrBust: 1:36pm On Mar 27, 2022
LordReed:

You said that a possible armed robber who could have robbed me may have been converted by your god so what was he waiting for in those circumstances?

He got converted on the way - so instead of robbing you he is in church today joyously praising God.
He’d then go ahead to be a productive member of society. Religion thus saving two people misery - u & him!
Do u ever look at things that way?
Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by LordReed(m): 1:41pm On Mar 27, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Greetings sir. I would suggest you are looking at things with a jaundiced eye. Almost all innovations and discoveries that kick-started scientific and industrial revolution were by religious people - including the big bang theory atheists hang their hats on.

Maybe. My impression is those people were more liberal in the reasoning than their religion would suggest. The Jesuit priest who formulated the Big Bang is a prime example, his response to the Pope attempting to link BBT with religion is instructive.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by LordReed(m): 1:48pm On Mar 27, 2022
CanadaOrBust:

He got converted on the way - so instead of robbing you he is in church today joyously praising God.
He’d then go ahead to be a productive member of society. Religion thus saving two people misery - u & him!
Do u ever look at things that way?

So why didn't he convert those who raped and killed that lady in church? Or those who bomed churches? Or those who kidnapped people from churches?

1 Like

Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by PoliteActivist: 1:49pm On Mar 27, 2022
LordReed:

Maybe. My impression is those people were more liberal in the reasoning than their religion would suggest. The Jesuit priest who formulated the Big Bang is a prime example, his response to the Pope attempting to link BBT with religion is instructive.

Maybe their insights were from the serenity and meditatve peace obtainable from religion, as religious people are generally more in tune with their higher selves.
Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by CanadaOrBust: 1:57pm On Mar 27, 2022
LordReed:

So why didn't he convert those who raped and killed that lady in church? Or those who bomed churches? Or those who kidnapped people from churches?

That’s precisely the point - no one got to them to preach to them and possibly convert them. You are lucky the one meaning to rob your sorry ass got converted!
Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by LordReed(m): 2:00pm On Mar 27, 2022
CanadaOrBust:

That’s precisely the point - no one got to them to preach to them and possibly convert them. You are lucky the one meaning to rob your sorry ass got converted!

You said your god did it what has preaching got to do with it now? Besides who gets the blame for not preaching to them, you.

1 Like

Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by LordReed(m): 2:02pm On Mar 27, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Maybe their insights were from the serenity and meditatve peace obtainable from religion, as religious people are generally more in tune with their higher selves.

Meditation is not a practice only religious people do. And I am yet to see evidence of a high self, unless you mean high as in under the influence of drugs.
Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by PoliteActivist: 2:04pm On Mar 27, 2022
CanadaOrBust:

Just imagine what total beasts people would have been without spirituality.
Yes, we are not that great, but we would have been worse without spirituality

Exactly. Great topic by the way lalasticlala OAM4J Seun
Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by kingxsamz(m): 2:10pm On Mar 27, 2022
CanadaOrBust:

Quite the opposite. Just imagine Nigeria without the moderating effect of spirituality

Lmao, what does this mean?
Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by PoliteActivist: 2:11pm On Mar 27, 2022
LordReed:

Meditation is not a practice only religious people do. And I am yet to see evidence of a high self, unless you mean high as in under the influence of drugs.

Meditation generally goes hsnd-in-hand with religious practice. A normal person won't suddenly sit around doing nothing.
You can call it your inner self - your core
Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by kingxsamz(m): 2:12pm On Mar 27, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz. Saving us from what? There is hunger in the land and people are killing their fellows just for a bit of bread and you say we are safe, are you dreaming or what?

Bro said it like Nigeria is competing with those advanced countries up there.
He can't see that his country is in shambles.

3 Likes

Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by kingxsamz(m): 2:13pm On Mar 27, 2022
CanadaOrBust:

Well, all those people you complain are being gullible because they are working to get to heaven, how many would have been cut-throats. Righteousness89 possibly would have been an armed robber.
Did you look at it from that angle?

So what's stopping you from being an arm robber is because you're going to church? You people are funny sha.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by CanadaOrBust: 2:14pm On Mar 27, 2022
LordReed:

You said your god did it what has preaching got to do with it now? Besides who gets the blame for not preaching to them, you.

I never said God did it. People convert other people by preaching to them. You yourself, if someone preaches to at the proper moment and the stars align, you’d also get converted. There are forces in this world greater than man
Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by LordReed(m): 2:14pm On Mar 27, 2022
kingxsamz:

Bro said it like Nigeria is competing with those advanced countries up there.
He can't see that his country is in shambles.

He should enjoy assuming the ostrich position. LoLz.
Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by CanadaOrBust: 2:18pm On Mar 27, 2022
kingxsamz:

So what's stopping you from being an arm robber is because you're going to church? You people are funny sha.

A devout religious person may commit sins but not up to armed robbery. Also, u can’t be at two places at once - u can’t be in church praising God and also be carrying out armed robbery
Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by kingxsamz(m): 2:22pm On Mar 27, 2022
CanadaOrBust:

A devout religious person may commit sins but not up to armed robbery. Also, u can’t be at two places at once - u can’t be in church praising God and also be carrying out armed robbery
Look at your country, occupied by mostly religious folks and things worse than armed robbery are happening daily.
Infact, don't worry, I'm done with this convo. You're living in a bubble.

1 Like

Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by CanadaOrBust: 2:22pm On Mar 27, 2022
kingxsamz:

What’s funny about it? Obviously, being devoutly religious is incompatible with being an armed robber
Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by CanadaOrBust: 2:39pm On Mar 27, 2022
kingxsamz:

Look at your country, occupied by mostly religious folks and things worse than armed robbery are happening daily.
Infact, don't worry, I'm done with this convo. You're living in a bubble.

See below, just hit front page. This seems like extreme poverty to u??

Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by LordReed(m): 2:43pm On Mar 27, 2022
CanadaOrBust:

I never said God did it. People convert other people by preaching to them. You yourself, if someone preaches to at the proper moment and the stars align, you’d also get converted. There are forces in this world greater than man

Well, you didn't preach to those guys to convert them and now their misdeeds are on you.
Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by Legendforte: 4:00pm On Mar 27, 2022
CanadaOrBust:

U didn’t answer the question. Tell us how any of these does not include “beliefs faith and inductrinations”. Remember, Confucianism is a religion, so is Taoism
Not really. These 2 are more of philosophy or way of life. Taoism is more of a tradition in the chinese society. Confucianism is however define as RATIONALISTIC or diffuse religion.
The ABRAHAMIC RELIGIONS lack the afforementioned attributes.

1 Like

Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by KnownUnknown: 5:02pm On Mar 29, 2022
PoliteActivist:

No, their insights were based on the accumulation of knowledge over millennia. White Christians (and those bamboozled by them) love to act as if the so called scientific or industrial revolutions were because of their religion and not because of earlier work done by people that didn’t believe in Christianity.
Even their theology is based on the works of non-Christians.
Another reason why the scientists were “religious” then was because of the power wielded by the church. They had all the resources, so they put some of it towards education and that’s why those scientists were religious. And there is nothing unique about religious scientists when you consider the fact that the priesthood were the custodians of both profane knowledge and sacred knowledge in ancient times, so Christian Europe and the church were just a continuation of that tradition. Matter of fact, the sacred is based on the profane. Meaning all the religious nonsense is based on exaggeration and personification of the natural world, including the one you call god.

In modern times, where wealth is more proliferated and priests know nothing but the sacred, we don’t see much of the religious scientists.

I’m not saying some scientists and industrialists weren’t inspired by whatever they call god, Im saying gods have nothing to do with scientific and industrial progress. The progress come from applying reason and developing the intellect to better understand and manipulate the natural world.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by LordReed(m): 5:39pm On Mar 29, 2022
CanadaOrBust:

I hope your saw what your rich friends did to the Kaduna train. LoLz.

1 Like

Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by Backlaw406(m): 9:09pm On Mar 29, 2022
CanadaOrBust:

I dey laugh at your mumuism, you are saying Naija would have got worst if not we are being religious.

You are saying in your deluded mind, Naija is not bad like this with all our being religious?

You are saying we are religious whereas our so called believe in God doesn't stop us from doing evil every times.

Bokoharram and ISWAP that are bombing and killing people around are not religious?. They are killing for their god, is that making sense?

Those, your men of God commit adultery around are religionist, being religious doesn't stop them from the act. Who is deceiving who?

all your religious political leader and community leaders looting and stealing people's national cakes around, why being religious doesn't stop them from doing so?

They believe that when they repent from their any kind of sin, they gonna be forgiven
Even many of them carry that mindset around that if you have been doing evil all your life and you got repented at the last breath, you gonna make heaven. They called it grace.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by virginboy1(m): 10:45am On Mar 31, 2022
CanadaOrBust:
Nigeria is second to last.
At least we are good at being religious. Probably what has been saving us.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/most-atheist-countries

For real? And even those with the highest percent seems to have a better standard and cost of living
Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by budaatum: 5:55pm On Mar 31, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz. Saving us from what? There is hunger in the land and people are killing their fellows just for a bit of bread and you say we are safe, are you dreaming or what?

CanadaOrBust is saying, without the fear of hell we Nigerians would be more hungry and kill more fellows for bread which would have been a lot more unsafe.

My Lord, are we not safer for having read books than we would have been if we hadn't?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Weigh Your Pastor's Anointing Here. / Sin Against The Holy Spirit / You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.