Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,141 members, 7,953,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:52 PM

Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria (2226 Views)

Anti-atheism In Nigeria / My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. / 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by budaatum: 6:25pm On Mar 31, 2022
A001:

He's just delusional. How does Nigeria fares where the majority of the citizens are religious compared with the countries topping the chart where there are many atheists and irreligious citizens?

The limiting effects of religion and belief in God, supernatural things, and prayers are glaring in Nigeria being a failed state.

That, is the single thing destroying Nigeria. Those who believe think they know so do not bother to ask and knock and seek with their own senses. Instead, they believe what they are told, and the bad believing shows that we haven't yet understood the "religion" not to talk of try it out.

I mean, how can anyone believe they would die if they ate the fruits of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil when Adam and Eve surely did not die when they ate, but their eye's opened, they gained wisdom, they freed themselves from slavery in Eden and became self employed and lived for 930 years and then died? Yet, some do believe such things and say "skool na scam"!

One day we'd understand even the psychology of that which we read and the psychology of we the reader, then shall our eyes open to understand that beliefs must be examined and tested so we may know.

And to be honest, it's why I rejoice. For at least 2% of the 2% are here, asking, knocking, seeking, critically analysing just about every post so we may learn and grow.

The Gods, they say, are wise and all knowing.

Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by KnownUnknown: 7:12pm On Mar 31, 2022
budaatum:

The Gods, they say, are figments of your imagination.
So the Gods can be all wise, all knowing, and all superduperrfragillisticallidocious.

Same with the Sdogs who created the multiverse.
Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by LordReed(m): 8:06pm On Mar 31, 2022
budaatum:

CanadaOrBust is saying, without the fear of hell we Nigerians would be more hungry and kill more fellows for bread which would have been a lot more unsafe.

My Lord, are we not safer for having read books than we would have been if we hadn't?

My dear buda we already living in hell. I've been on that Kaduna train 4 times thinking myself safe from harassment and kidnapping but look at what happened to those other fellows, is this not hell my dear buda?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by budaatum: 8:14pm On Mar 31, 2022
LordReed:

My dear buda we already living in hell. I've been on that Kaduna train 4 times thinking myself safe from harassment and kidnapping but look at what happened to those other fellows, is this not hell my dear buda?

No, my Lord, this is not yet hell. Every single indicator is yelling it is going to get a whole lot worse, than hell, before we realise this ain't working and decide to change our ignorant believing ways.

Every nation that was at our current developmental stage faced it's shock before it changed and so might we. Drastically, unfortunately. And painfully.
Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by budaatum: 8:18pm On Mar 31, 2022
KnownUnknown:

The Gods, they say, are figments of your imagination.
So the Gods can be all wise, all knowing, and all superduperrfragillisticallidocious.

Same with the Sdogs who created the multiverse.

I so miss muttley. He at least tried.

https://www.nairaland.com/2045070/thoughts-questions-religion/78#72868845
Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by LordReed(m): 8:20pm On Mar 31, 2022
budaatum:

No, my Lord, this is not yet hell. Every single indicator is yelling it is going to get a whole lot worse, than hell, before we realise this ain't working and decide to change our ignorant believing ways.

Every nation that was at our current developmental stage faced it's shock before it changed and so might we. Drastically, unfortunately. And painfully.

My dear buda with all my heart I hope this is the case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by budaatum: 8:51pm On Mar 31, 2022
LordReed:

My dear buda with all my heart I hope this is the case.

Forgive me for saying this, my Lord, but hope is another one of those magical jujuical wishing and a prayer manna from heaven that we've always done and that keeps giving us the result we have that we are here describing as hell.

No nation built itself on hope, my Lord. They said, "Let there be", then they got off their asses and made it be and it was.

We too will learn how, someday. When is what bothers me, and how bad we let ourselves get before we decide to learn.
Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by HellVictorinho4(m): 9:59pm On Mar 31, 2022
budaatum:

That, is the single thing destroying Nigeria. Those who believe think they know so do not bother to ask and knock and seek with their own senses. Instead, they believe what they are told, and the bad believing shows that we haven't yet understood the "religion" not to talk of try it out.

I mean, how can anyone believe they would die if they ate the fruits of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil when Adam and Eve surely did not die when they ate, but their eye's opened, they gained wisdom, they freed themselves from slavery in Eden and became self employed and lived for 930 years and then died? Yet, some do believe such things and say "skool na scam"!

One day we'd understand even the psychology of that which we read and the psychology of we the reader, then shall our eyes open to understand that beliefs must be examined and tested so we may know.

And to be honest, it's why I rejoice. For at least 2% of the 2% are here, asking, knocking, seeking, critically analysing just about every post so we may learn and grow.

Let there be ways in which you get hugely attacked by kidnappers ,armed robbers and scammers.
Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by budaatum: 10:22pm On Mar 31, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

Let there be ways in which you get hugely attacked by kidnappers ,armed robbers and scammers.

I'm far too smart to place myself at your mercy, as you well know.
Re: Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria by HellVictorinho4(m): 10:23pm On Mar 31, 2022
budaatum:

I'm far too smart to place myself at your mercy, as you well know.

Let this be in vain.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Great Tribulation is ending not starting / Any Igbo ''jews'' Here / Where Is It Written In The Bible That Young Girls Should Not Date A Married Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.