Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,301 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Can A Church Change One's Character? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Church Change One's Character? (6001 Views)

Is It Biblical To CHANGE One's Surname, As A Male Legally? / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos / The Best Test That You Are Attending The Wrong Church, Change Your Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by Offpoint1: 9:42am On Mar 27, 2022
Church is a place where pretence is perfected, it has no power to change anyone. Most changes happens temporarily during some touching sermon and every dog goes back to their shit max of a week

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by abobote: 9:42am On Mar 27, 2022
Yes, for someone who wants to change
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by fitinwell: 9:42am On Mar 27, 2022
Frank25:
Let's gather and discuss ...., do church influences and amends one's character?,

let's share based on our knowledge

Yes,. Negatively or Positively..
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by Jesuschristus: 9:42am On Mar 27, 2022
Thats if u want to change
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by SweetVibe: 9:43am On Mar 27, 2022
NewSoul:

You always try hard to sound intelligent but the fact is you no get one single sense for head. Anita wey dey do like muntula
I see no reason why you attack her,it seems you have a personal hatred for her.
FERNANDEZISBACK try to ignore some comments
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by Ochelyko1: 9:45am On Mar 27, 2022
Frank25:
Let's gather and discuss ...., do church influences and amends one's character?,

What changes and influence one life is not about the place of fellowship but ur constant study of the word of God and praying in your closet.

1 Like

Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:45am On Mar 27, 2022
SweetVibe:

I see no reason why you attack her,it seems you have a personal hatred for her.
FERNANDEZISBACK try to ignore some comments
It's hard but I will keep trying my best to ignore.. cry
They have been trolling me for stating out my opinion..I don't understand what they stand to gain tho.. undecided

Once I drop a comment the next thing is insult from these insecured boys..

1 Like

Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by Hero2t: 9:46am On Mar 27, 2022
A true bible believing church will positively affect your character. A deeper relationship with God will also improve your character.

1 Like

Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by Bluesearoll(m): 9:58am On Mar 27, 2022
And how do you know all theses things you are saying?
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Not only church..any place of worship... undecided
Unfortunately not all religious people and believers understand the content of religion and its purpose..

Religion was made by humans to set social boundaries by setting guidelines to follow in order to develop mentally and socially....
Seeking religion is for the weak who is afraid of change and needs a book and an imaginary creature to guide him through life...This develops insecurities since the human will tend to seek answers to solve his problems leading to an illusive life...

Religion/church eats you up... it goes against the cycle of nature...Nature and humans were present before religion and as a matter of fact were living fine... undecided
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by Ternistacle(m): 9:59am On Mar 27, 2022
Church can change and may not change... Why??...
God has given us the power of will (choice) to anything....

So change of character is by individuals choice ... Not by churchs will or power...
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by lomprico(m): 10:00am On Mar 27, 2022
Frank25:

No! It only turns them to hypocrites.

A leopard never changes its spots!

1 Like

Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by SweetVibe: 10:01am On Mar 27, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

It's hard but I will keep trying my best to ignore.. cry
They have been trolling me for stating out my opinion..I don't understand what they stand to gain tho.. undecided

Once I drop a comment the next thing is insult from these insecured boys..
As much as I disagree with you on the Russia/Ukrainian crises I still try to be objection and not bias when one makes his/her points.
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by Bluesearoll(m): 10:01am On Mar 27, 2022
Now I get you,you are saying all these based on your limited knowledge.
FERNANDEZISBACK:

A deity that doesn't exist? undecided
Why can't human think outside the box?

Whether he even exists or not..the question really is that why should you believe in God? When you say God..what comes to your mind? An entity sitting up high in the skies, playing chess with everyone's life?

Is that what you want a proper thinking human to believe? undecided

1 Like

Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by tillaman(m): 10:05am On Mar 27, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes o.

There's this widow in my neighborhood that God set upon my heart to bring succour to. It was always the missionary position for us.

But since she started going to one Cele church, it's been doggy style.

I once visited the church and saw women in white robes and enormous gluteus maximus gyrating with their hips, twerking for the Lord, oblivious of the sexual torture it caused to visitors like myself.

It's evident to me that the dance pattern in her new church has greatly changed her sex position preferences.

So yes, a church can change a person's character.
you and these widows
I hope their dead husband(s) don’t form alliance over your matter o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:05am On Mar 27, 2022
SweetVibe:

As much as I disagree with you on the Russia/Ukrainian crises I still try to be objection and not bias when one makes his/her points.
Thanks.. kiss
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by lomprico(m): 10:05am On Mar 27, 2022
anochuko01:
Yes it does, Especially churches with very strong believes and doctrines.

I stopped thinking low of myself and became a very studious person when I started attending winners.

And your character towards others nko?
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by gabicon: 10:07am On Mar 27, 2022
Frank25:

Every man is responsible for whatever changes they desire in their life. An individual, institution, book, knowledge, wisdom etc, can be a contributor to a change in character but ultimate responsibility lies with an individual.
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by WINDSOW(m): 10:08am On Mar 27, 2022
I think The WORD of God does best!
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by Nma75: 10:15am On Mar 27, 2022
No, but God.
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by Munzy14(m): 10:18am On Mar 27, 2022
Frank25:

Yes...Because someone is talking and others are listening...Some one makes the rules and others follow.

Humans are influenced by what they read, hear, or watch.

It could be a negative influence or positive influence.

1 Like

Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by Yusufisraelj(m): 10:19am On Mar 27, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Not only church..any place of worship... undecided
Unfortunately not all religious people and believers understand the content of religion and its purpose..

Religion was made by humans to set social boundaries by setting guidelines to follow in order to develop mentally and socially....
Seeking religion is for the weak who is afraid of change and needs a book and an imaginary creature to guide him through life...This develops insecurities since the human will tend to seek answers to solve his problems leading to an illusive life...

Religion/church eats you up... it goes against the cycle of nature...Nature and humans were present before religion and as a matter of fact were living fine... undecided

You're under an attack or heartbreak hence your speaking this way.

May Jesus himself minister to you.
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by CountVersailles(f): 10:23am On Mar 27, 2022
Naija and church. Terrible!

1 Like

Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by Goldbw122(m): 10:24am On Mar 27, 2022
Some people go to church but when they arrive home their character will be worst, so I don't think church changes someone character, yeah, when. You go to church allow Christ to be of good influence in your life.thst is when you will have a good change in your life..
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by miraclea: 10:27am On Mar 27, 2022
[quote author=isaiah4life post=111406602]Church doesn't but Christ is the one that does the change. An encounter with Jesus does the change.

However, one shouldn't down plat the important of the church.
GBAM GOD BLESS YOU REALLY GOOD
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by isaiah4life(m): 10:32am On Mar 27, 2022
[quote author=miraclea post=111409865][/quote]

And you too. cheesy
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by emmy512: 10:33am On Mar 27, 2022
It does not.
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by 4Gsmokei(m): 10:36am On Mar 27, 2022
Church cannot change someone. A church is a consortium, there are many people in church who do not know Christ or the word of God.
The only thing that can change a person is the HOLY SPIRIT. When you encounter the Holy Spirit, It transforms, convicts, renews, rebuilds, rehabilitates and changes a person in totality.
Only very few individuals in church have come in contact with the Holy Spirit and you can easily identify them when you see them - renewed.
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 27, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

A deity that doesn't exist? undecided
Why can't human think outside the box?

Whether he even exists or not..the question really is that why should you believe in God? When you say God..what comes to your mind? An entity sitting up high in the skies, playing chess with everyone's life?

Is that what you want a proper thinking human to believe? undecided

You are highly possessed with demons, and your demons has placed you in multiple bondages by making you to doubt and hate your creator.

You are a demonic possessed woman and when you are tired of your foolishness, then Jesus will surely deliver you and turn you back to him
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by ITbomb(m): 10:38am On Mar 27, 2022
If you missed developing good characters in your home, nothing the church can do when you are adult

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 / How Can I Help God Fulfill His Promises? / Disbelief In God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.