Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,674 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Can A Church Change One's Character? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Church Change One's Character? (6004 Views)

Is It Biblical To CHANGE One's Surname, As A Male Legally? / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos / The Best Test That You Are Attending The Wrong Church, Change Your Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 1:48pm On Mar 27, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

A deity that doesn't exist? undecided
Why can't human think outside the box?

Whether he even exists or not..the question really is that why should you believe in God? When you say God..what comes to your mind? An entity sitting up high in the skies, playing chess with everyone's life?

Is that what you want a proper thinking human to believe? undecided

I don't know what you have gone through in life, as relating God to the events in our lives may make one begin to question the existence of God, but in all, just know that God didn't promise us life of full enjoyment, even Christ Jesus was crucified, so why not a common man being crucified or undergo tribulations??

The greatest of man's wisdom is far below the weakest wisdom of God.....if billions of people can believe in God,I don't think your opinion is noticed as you are inconsequential in the affairs of the spirits .

Hope you know you are just in a body just to have a recognition on earth? That once you leave the Earth, your body decays and your spirit returns to who
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by Charly68: 2:04pm On Mar 27, 2022
This is what changes and reform our lives and character .. the word of God .. it is written Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by MrBroke(m): 2:06pm On Mar 27, 2022
Bleep dem Church, grin
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 27, 2022
Breadandpeppers:
Church does not change someone's character that's why you see some people displaying their useless and disgusting character in the church.

How many hours of the week do people even spend in church that you will think their character will change?

"How many hours of the week do people even spend in church that you will think their character will change?"

It is either you don't live in Nigeria or you must be one hell of a very lucky dude to not notice the hours people spend in churches these days. The living faith church opposite my house is more of a lodge than a church for some members with trice a day testing of vocal cords in deafening decibels between pastors and members alike. I now can unfortunately say all their prayer lines word for word.
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by harmony75: 3:13pm On Mar 27, 2022
Yes. Fellowship is very important you're encouraged when you fellowship with brethrens
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by chudez0147(m): 3:19pm On Mar 27, 2022
dollynnn:
Yes, a church where you need no one to tell you that God is the torchbearer of that church, they practice what they preach, there is love among them and they extend this love even to strangers.
DamnNigga
Please where can I find that kind of church ?? I mean Love church
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by henryj4real(m): 3:42pm On Mar 27, 2022
deity that doesn't exist? undecided

Whether he even exists or not..the question really is that why should you believe in God? When you say God..what comes to your mind? An entity sitting up high in the skies, playing chess with everyone's life?

Is that what you want a proper thinking human to believe? [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

God will have mercy, you didn't understand though. If I may ask you: who owns your life?
Bro, God is the creator of every human race, so, he can do anything with them.
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by anochuko01(m): 3:52pm On Mar 27, 2022
lomprico:

And your character towards others nko?

I've always treated people with respect, so there was perhaps no reason for a character change there.
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by lomprico(m): 3:53pm On Mar 27, 2022
anochuko01:

I've always treated people with respect, so there was perhaps no reason for a character change there.

So can we say the church did not change your character?
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by anochuko01(m): 4:00pm On Mar 27, 2022
lomprico:

So can we say the church did not change your character?

Jeeeez man!
What needed to be changed did change!

I got a drug to treat malaria but you're asking if i got treated for ulcer too, a condition which i never had.

No stress me abeg
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by lomprico(m): 4:23pm On Mar 27, 2022
anochuko01:

Jeeeez man!
What needed to be changed did change!

I got a drug to treat malaria but you're asking if i got treated for ulcer too, a condition which i never had.

No stress me abeg

Read the topic again.
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by anochuko01(m): 4:33pm On Mar 27, 2022
lomprico:

Read the topic again.
Please explain the topic to me.
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by Dumte(m): 5:03pm On Mar 27, 2022
Absolutely true...
I remember when I went for my service year. I followed a friend of mine who is a deeper life member. We lived in the lodge throughout our service year. And within that one year, I saw a different side of my life. I witnessed a change in my life, respect to people, prayer life, mode of dressing and lots of things.

I can boldly support the motion, church has a way of influencing one's character
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by Bbbw: 5:06pm On Mar 27, 2022
Yes
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by xdrive(m): 5:27pm On Mar 27, 2022
Frank25:
Let's gather and discuss ...., do church influences and amends one's character?,

let's share based on our knowledge

That's the purpose of having the church here, for change of human lives.
Without character change, no crowing or glory.
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by Chibuezem(m): 5:31pm On Mar 27, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Not only church..any place of worship... undecided
Unfortunately not all religious people and believers understand the content of religion and its purpose..

Religion was made by humans to set social boundaries by setting guidelines to follow in order to develop mentally and socially....
Seeking religion is for the weak who is afraid of change and needs a book and an imaginary creature to guide him through life...This develops insecurities since the human will tend to seek answers to solve his problems leading to an illusive life...

Religion/church eats you up... it goes against the cycle of nature...Nature and humans were present before religion and as a matter of fact were living fine... undecided
man is a social being created to believe in something which through his belief system makes it his god. My brother or alien whatever you are, you must have something you believe in that you serve, knowingly or unknowingly.

If you talk about it through education too, principles of life from someone or somewhere was drilled into you for years to form your ideals of life.

Church in the Holy Ghost does not eat you up, rather it sets you free from sin and buts you into the path of peace.
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by Chibuezem(m): 5:32pm On Mar 27, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

A deity that doesn't exist? undecided

Is that what you want a proper thinking human to believe? undecided
so you have a definition of proper human beings abi.
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by Chibuezem(m): 5:34pm On Mar 27, 2022
Nova1988:
Yes, it makes Christian's hate and abuse people of other Faiths for no reason.
that's wrong bro.
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by Chibuezem(m): 5:35pm On Mar 27, 2022
Offpoint1:
Church is a place where pretence is perfected, it has no power to change anyone. Most changes happens temporarily during some touching sermon and every dog goes back to their shit max of a week
wrong, then you've not been to a church.
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by judedwriter(m): 6:32pm On Mar 27, 2022
Frank25:
Let's gather and discuss ...., do church influences and amends one's character?,

No church can change one's character... Repentance is personal.

The road to heaven is lonely.
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by aalangel(f): 9:10pm On Mar 27, 2022
Frank25:

Only the Holy Spirit can.
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by paltielx: 9:44pm On Mar 27, 2022
Yes, having see how a particular christian denomination behaves, one can be moved to change his lifestyle. But above al the scriptures can change ones life
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by Bearfruit(f): 12:35am On Mar 28, 2022
Truth is already cast out of the church, wolves in sheep clothing have taken over o!
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by introvertednerd: 7:46am On Mar 28, 2022
Dorlarphor10:

Name of the church?
House of Disciples Network. It's located in Benin
Re: Can A Church Change One's Character? by Zenda3232: 10:19pm On Mar 28, 2022
10%. but the other 90% is your own personal decision.ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can A Born Again Christian Marry More Than One Wife?. / Roman Catholicism -- Christian or pagan? / 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.