Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. (3415 Views)

Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. / Atheist Are Very Useless / Tell Me How African Atheist Are Different From Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by Workch: 8:15am On Mar 27, 2022
When we athiests ask you to prove that your God exist, we ask with the understanding that several gods exist and we don’t mean “whatever caused the universe to exist”. We mean the god from your holy texts. This god is unevidenced, which is why theists are trying to evidence something else and then relabel it and pretend it would be their god in the hope nobody will notice. Well, atheists do notice.

Consequently calling something else but what theists worship as God by that name is confusing at best and labelling fraud at worst.

If something always existed then it means it had no beginning and what has no beginning cannot have a creator, because the creator would be the cause for that beginning. But even if we just accepted that for the sake of the argument then we would inevitably end in an infinite regressions because by that argument you also ruled out a God that has always existed as the first cause. To atheists logical rules also apply to God but you theist, their God can be special pleaded away from the logic.

These are reasons why some atheist will never accept the God argument, it's full of flaws and fallacies.

2 Likes

Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by mariovito(m): 9:00am On Mar 27, 2022
except the fellow on the other side shows reasonableness, I try not to have that conversation as much as possible. None of us going to shift.

Most times it ends a stalemate as they won't have explanations to most probing.

I treat My beliefs or lack of it as a personal matter.

2 Likes

Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by usj(m): 9:02am On Mar 27, 2022
A
Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by waldigit: 9:11am On Mar 27, 2022
You atheist are one way traffic logic reasoners. Many of you are not real in your idealogy. Your position is a mere expression of self denial and delusion. You are scared to embrace reality for the fear of unknown. You always rant you want proof of God's existence when you can't as well provide proof He doesn't exist. What a double standard human nature! Some of you always hide behind science , whereas science is not atheism. Science has a scope and boundary. So scientists always classify domain of God as no go area and they don't contend it, rather they navigate around it.
But atheism is a fools paradise. Atheist admitted he was born one day and he would die also one day yet he can't see the vanity in life. He makes use of natural system to survive and provide for his daily needs. He survives in his body relying on an extremely complex system body defence mechanism. He actively interract with a system of complicated environment and exploit it to his advantage and many more yet he fail to believe and acknowledge not the copyright owner of all these systems. He enjoys a leverage and care not for who provides it. Today he claims he can destroy the world with nuclear bomb but can't aknowledge the owner of Uranium atom and nucleus. Atheism is a lifestyle of ingrate and self denial.
Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by Arkmanbuddy(m): 9:16am On Mar 27, 2022
I don't think you understand what you just posted up there. It is common knowledge that God has no beginning and no ending because that would make him trapped in time that he created. He created time and cannot be trapped in it.

The origin of God is a mystery because it predates time and obviously beyond man's understanding. So, your inability to explain the concept of God also disproves your own existence, as it's impossible for a mortal to emanate from nothing.

Finally, atheists are mere thought-travellers who try to logically explain things that are beyond their understanding.

2 Likes

Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by Workch: 9:22am On Mar 27, 2022
mariovito:
except the fellow on the other side shows reasonableness, I try not to have that conversation as much as possible. None of us going to shift.

Most times it ends a stalemate as they won't have explanations to most probing.

I treat My beliefs or lack of it as a personal matter.
I doesn't end in stalemate.
The burden of proof lies on he who makes the claim, the inabality of theists to prove their specific God over thousands of years stinks of fraud.
Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by Workch: 9:23am On Mar 27, 2022
waldigit:
You atheist are one way traffic logic reasoners. Many of you are not real in your idealogy. Your position is a mere expression of self denial and delusion. You are scared to embrace reality for the fear of unknown. You always rant you want proof of God's existence when you can't as well provide proof He doesn't exist. What a double standard human nature! Some of you always hide behind science , whereas science is not atheism. Science has a scope and boundary. So scientists always classify domain of God as no go area and they don't contend it, rather they navigate around it.
But atheism is a fools paradise. Atheist admitted he was born one day and he would die also one day yet he can't see the vanity in life. He makes use of natural system to survive and provide for his daily needs. He survives in his body relying on an extremely complex system body defence mechanism. He actively interract with a system of complicated environment and exploit it to his advantage and many more yet he fail to believe and acknowledge not the copyright owner of all these systems. He enjoys a leverage and care not for who provides it. Today he claims he can destroy the world with nuclear bomb but can't aknowledge the owner of Uranium atom and nucleus. Atheism is a lifestyle of ingrate and self denial.
OK, maybe if you can provide testable evidence, atheism won't exist
Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by Workch: 9:26am On Mar 27, 2022
Arkmanbuddy:
I don't think you understand what you just posted up there. It is common knowledge that God has no beginning and no ending because that would make him trapped in time that he created. He created time and cannot be trapped in it.
It's not a common knowledge, it's claim by theists which cannot be proven.

×The origin of God is a mystery because it predates time and obviously beyond man's understanding. So, your inability to explain the concept of God also disproves your own existence, as it's impossible for a mortal to emanate from nothing.
×the origin of God cannot be a mystery when we have no evidence in the first palce that God exist.
The ideal thing to say is that the origin of the universe is a mystery, we have evidence that the universe exist.

Finally, atheists are mere thought-travellers who try to logically explain things that are beyond their understanding.
this is a very notorious ways theists try to shift the goalpost so they don't have to be asked to prove their gods. Theists are notorious for making several claims without evidence and they do not like objections hence they shift the goalpost until forever like you are doing with this comment.
Theres nothing wrong is asking you how you come to your God conclusion, how come you know alot about the mystery of your God when there's no evidence of your God existing in the first palce?

3 Likes

Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by mariovito(m): 10:14am On Mar 27, 2022
Basic rule of evidence is that he who alleges must prove. This automatically places the onus probandi on the one making the claim, and where the person making those claims fails to satisfactorily discharge that burden, that claim must fail. Based on this premise, I already know there's no proof for those, so I don't bother myself much about someone who wants to believe the contrary.

Workch:
I doesn't end in stalemate.
The burden of proof lies on he who makes the claim, the inabality of theists to prove their specific God over thousands of years stinks of fraud.
Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by cornelboy(f): 2:30pm On Mar 27, 2022
Workch:
OK, maybe if you can provide testable evidence, atheism won't exist

Lol you sound like a robot asking it fellow robot the evidence that their manufacturer exist.

Your reasoning won't stop God from existing.

The way our DNA works is a prove that there's a mastermind behind nature.

You see, orderliness can't come from disorderliness just like you athiests say something can't come out of nothing.

I'm not a product of big bang. And human are created to live a purposeful life smiley

2 Likes

Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by Weezy463: 3:59pm On Mar 27, 2022
waldigit:
Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by Workch: 7:48pm On Mar 27, 2022
cornelboy:

Lol you sound like a robot asking it fellow robot the evidence that their manufacturer exist.

Your reasoning won't stop God from existing.

The way our DNA works is a prove that there's a mastermind behind nature.

You see, orderliness can't come from disorderliness just like you athiests say something can't come out of nothing.

I'm not a product of big bang. And human are created to live a purposeful life smiley
I'm sounding like a robot because I need evidence, I Just one testable evidence for your God and I won't ask again

2 Likes

Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by Hismasterpiece(m): 9:57pm On Mar 27, 2022
Workch:
I'm sounding like a robot because I need evidence, I Just one testable evidence for your God and I won't ask again

When you say testable evidence what exactly do you mean. Be specific.
Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by cornelboy(f): 10:13pm On Mar 27, 2022
Workch:

Present a testable evidence that the big bang theory really happened?
Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by Workch: 7:12am On Mar 28, 2022
cornelboy:

Present a testable evidence that the big bang theory really happened?
I don't understand the bibg bang so I don't believe it yet.

So can you present testable evidence for your God?

1 Like

Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by Workch: 7:16am On Mar 28, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

When you say testable evidence what exactly do you mean. Be specific.
Like I will test it 100times and it will give me the same result 99times at least...
For example, if I make I claim that the brightest object after the moon in the sky is venus. We can test that using a telescope, the result will show that venus is the brightest object brightest object after the moon 100times.

That's what evidence is, thre results are always testable
Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by cornelboy(f): 7:51am On Mar 28, 2022
Workch:
I don't understand the bibg bang so I don't believe it yet.

So can you present testable evidence for your God?
Well I'm surprised cos flying spaghetti monster athiest believe that's how the creation happened.
So how do you think world came to be?
Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by Workch: 8:45am On Mar 28, 2022
cornelboy:

Well I'm surprised cos flying spaghetti monster athiest believe that's how the creation happened.
So how do you think world came to be?
I think thr flying spaghetti monster created everything including thr Christian God

1 Like

Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by Hismasterpiece(m): 4:04pm On Mar 28, 2022
Workch:
Like I will test it 100times and it will give me the same result 99times at least...
For example, if I make I claim that the brightest object after the moon in the sky is venus. We can test that using a telescope, the result will show that venus is the brightest object brightest object after the moon 100times.

That's what evidence is, thre results are always testable

Okay, so what religious claims would you like to subject to your tests?
Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by Workch: 5:19pm On Mar 28, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Okay, so what religious claims would you like to subject to your tests?
An object with larger density than water floating, like Jesus did.

If I can see any object with more density than water float on water, I will believe that Jesus walked on water

2 Likes

Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 28, 2022
Somebody once said, "I'm an atheist, thank God" grin

1 Like

Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by Workch: 10:39pm On Mar 28, 2022
PastorMIsBack:
Somebody once said, "I'm an atheist, thank God" grin
yes, thank God that I'm atheist

2 Likes

Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 29, 2022
Workch:
yes, thank God that I'm atheist

The irony is lost on you grin
Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by Workch: 11:19am On Mar 29, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

The irony is lost on you grin
The joke is on you for not getting the joke

4 Likes

Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 29, 2022
Workch:
The joke is on you for not getting the joke

Trying to save face, lol. I wasn't born yesterday grin
Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by Workch: 6:25pm On Mar 29, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

And still you can't get it when an atheist says "thank God I dont believe in God"?

2 Likes

Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by elated177: 8:09pm On Mar 29, 2022
Another meaningless rants and rambles.
Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by Blue86(m): 8:14am On Mar 30, 2022
I just imagine if a troussers develop a will of their own, and one of them goes south, and says " I don't believe I was created, there is no logical sense, look at this fur on mammals."
Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by KnownUnknown: 12:42pm On Mar 30, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

STFU

11 A woman[a] should learn in quietness and full submission.(A) 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[b] she must be quiet.(B) 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve.(C) 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.(D) 15 But women[c] will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love(E) and holiness with propriety.

1 Like

Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 30, 2022
KnownUnknown:

STFU

11 A woman[a] should learn in quietness and full submission.(A) 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[b] she must be quiet.(B) 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve.(C) 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.(D) 15 But women[c] will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love(E) and holiness with propriety.

Let me put you out of your misery.

There are some Nairalanders that are on my ‘ignore’ list. 5 of them in fact. You are one of them. You are number 2 on the list.

The others learnt quickly when I didn’t rise to their insults/replies/comments. I simply ignored them, and they were wise enough to notice.

It seems you are a bit slow on the uptake as you are not aware that I am ignoring you so I need to talk to you like a 5-year-old.

I won’t be insulted by someone who is probably young enough to be my child.

So stop wasting your time on me and pick on someone else. Use your data wisely. Have a good day.
Re: Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. by KnownUnknown: 1:18pm On Mar 30, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Let me put you out of your misery.

There are some Nairalanders that are on my ‘ignore’ list. 5 of them in fact. You are one of them. You are number 2 on the list.

The others learnt quickly when I didn’t rise to their insults/replies/comments. I simply ignored them, and they were wise enough to notice.

It seems you are a bit slow on the uptake as you are not aware that I am ignoring you so I need to talk to you like a 5-year-old.

I won’t be insulted by someone who is probably young enough to be my child.

So stop wasting your time on me and pick on someone else. Use your data wisely. Have a good day.

Damn! I was aiming for numero uno!!!

Yes, I am slow on the uptake and I have unlimited data so I will continue to hound your ugly ass and the dumb words your ugly voice makes.

You are obviously menopausal, so you have outlived your usefulness. Kindly STFU.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Arranges His Own Kidnap( What Do We Call This 1 Now) / Wiseman John In Service Today To Thank Members For Praying For Me / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens (tuesday - 23/6//15)- Let Your Light Shine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.