Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,790 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

I Think I Have Been Scammed - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Think I Have Been Scammed (5848 Views)

I Just Got Scammed / I Have Just Been Scammed / I Think I Have Been Scammed On Jiji. What Do I Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by Jagznation(m): 5:01pm On Mar 27, 2022
Very sad sorry bro
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by odysey: 5:20pm On Mar 27, 2022
DreamChaser1672:
I am still giving him till tomorrow

I will take step against him tomorrow.
Write to the bank fraud unit, copy the CBN fraud unit, copy the Nigerian police or go to the police official site and lodge a complaint too, you could also copy the EFCC though I'm not certain they will respond

2 Likes

Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by zeeace(m): 5:25pm On Mar 27, 2022
huptin:

Why do we like to shame the victim? There's nothing foolish in trusting a fellow human being, man is a social animal and trust should be the glue that should hold the human society together.

It is indeed a big disaster that trust no longer exist in Nigeria, that is why every thing has gone downhill for the country!
it is wrong. The bible said trust no one.

1 Like

Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by Marketgists(f): 5:25pm On Mar 27, 2022
Can't buy things from unregistered vendors even if it's cash on delivery.
Check my signature please
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by vincentjk(m): 5:25pm On Mar 27, 2022
Just when I am thinking of getting an iPhone x from someone online here so they'll waybill to me.

As it stands like this, I don't have any N200k to waste. Bye bye.

4 Likes

Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by zeeace(m): 5:26pm On Mar 27, 2022
Harrykn:

Boss, try drink water rest. I also buy things from Nairaland. My current phone i7, I bought it here. So, no be everybody be agba scammer here.
and so? No matter what it is never advisable. Money for hand.back for ground.

1 Like

Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by masterfactor(m): 6:24pm On Mar 27, 2022
vincentjk:
Just when I am thinking of getting an iPhone x from someone online here so they'll waybill to me.

Find someone you trust to go and stand for you, don't engage in any online transaction based on trust.

1 Like

Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by Benjaniblinks(m): 6:24pm On Mar 27, 2022
zeeace:
and so? No matter what it is never advisable. Money for hand.back for ground.
Abeggi.... They no dey scam person even physically undecided

1 Like

Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 27, 2022
braimeddy:
Op you made a very big mistake by paying first without seeing your goods. MAcbeland that is a trusted customer here, when I first order the first redmi note 8 from I have to confirm the phone in the car park before transferring the money to him. It was when I bought my poco x3 pro that I did the transfer b4 him sending the phone to him cos I've already trusted him. Now they have left you behind.
how much did you get the poco x3 from him?
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by arthurwillia(m): 8:22pm On Mar 27, 2022
How will a seller say he doesn’t use escrow and you believe him or her
Lol

1 Like

Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by 11Anonymous(m): 8:39pm On Mar 27, 2022
I sold my Xiaomi phone to someone in another state. I used God is Good logistics(GIG). They usually confirm the content of package before accepting to waybill it. The guy received the phone with no issue till today.

Scamming will make people to lose trust on good guys in Nigeria sad

6 Likes

Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by DreamChaser1672: 8:41pm On Mar 27, 2022
arthurwillia:
How will a seller say he doesn’t use escrow and you believe him or her
Lol
I bought macbook of almost 200k from Fluxempire and the seller said he didn't want to use escrow too. Still I got my package without delay.

1 Like

Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by DreamChaser1672: 8:43pm On Mar 27, 2022
UPDATE

I sent mail to zenith bank (where I sent the money), UBA (his bank) and central bank

Zenith has replied that I should send screenshots and everything to them. I already did.

Will keep the thread update. Will be getting a small tecno phone tomorrow cos my freelancing biz must not he affected.

4 Likes

Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by Penicillin: 8:50pm On Mar 27, 2022
vincentjk:

iphone x should be less than 200k sef, max 180k depending on the gig..go any good phone stores you know around and save your self the stress!!
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 9:03pm On Mar 27, 2022
I’m so sorry op, I pray he refunds your money back to you and is that his picture on his profile ? Let’s hope he’d be back online though I doubt because he switched off his phone as soon as I called him.

Scammers always end badly.

2 Likes

Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by arthurwillia(m): 9:11pm On Mar 27, 2022
DreamChaser1672:
I bought macbook of almost 200k from Fluxempire and the seller said he didn't want to use escrow too. Still I got my package without delay.
Doesn’t matter, wel I hope you get it
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by Suspect1: 9:53pm On Mar 27, 2022
DreamChaser1672:
UPDATE

I sent mail to zenith bank (where I sent the money), UBA (his bank) and central bank

Zenith has replied that I should send screenshots and everything to them. I already did.

Will keep the thread update. Will be getting a small tecno phone tomorrow cos my freelancing biz must not he affected.
did you search his acct number name on facebook?

1 Like

Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by liquidmetall: 11:36pm On Mar 27, 2022
DreamChaser1672:
His number is 08121730537

Account number is 2184293829

UBA Bank Miracle Aruchi

Pls help me

Please what's escrow

Do you mean third party handler

1 Like

Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by huptin(m): 5:38am On Mar 28, 2022
DreamChaser1672:
UPDATE

Please keep sending updates on this. His BVN may be flagged. If that happens he may be left with no option but to start keeping his money under his pillow cos he will not be able to withdraw money from any of his accounts in Nigeria except he returns your money.

1 Like

Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by Erosaboyen: 6:50am On Mar 28, 2022
4 years binary IG account for sell... With 9k + followers.... And more than 200 likes in each post...... Pls interested buyers should quote me with their contact... Thank you
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by ChoCho54(f): 7:40am On Mar 28, 2022
Op sorry for your loss. I truly hope you nail that thief. Even if you don't get your money back, make sure he regrets the day he tried to scam you.
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by Timekeeper452: 7:42am On Mar 28, 2022
DreamChaser1672:
I saw his face. Wanted to screenshot self but the phone I borrowed to do it wasn't working well at the point
is the face you saw similar to the one on his profile here?
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by Ulunne777(f): 8:06am On Mar 28, 2022
Chatinent pls help this young man.
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by braimeddy: 8:32am On Mar 28, 2022
150k. That was last year december
Bodmum:
how much did you get the poco x3 from him?
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by chatinent: 9:45am On Mar 28, 2022
Ulunne777:

I wish I could... but things are expensive. It's now premium.
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by InsanePsycho(m): 10:00am On Mar 28, 2022
Erosaboyen:
4 years binary IG account for sell... With 9k + followers.... And more than 200 likes in each post...... Pls interested buyers should quote me with their contact... Thank you

Send me a dm with the price and link to profile

1 Like

Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by michlins(m): 10:07am On Mar 28, 2022
zeeace:
Some of you are just plain stupid. How on earth will i buy something from someone I barely know online in another state? With these rampant cases of scammers everywhere. Carry money go shop na..
You're honestly foolish. If anything is not face to face. Or except from a certified seller.do not engage.
Use sense. This is not 1990. Everybody now is a potential scammer.
just shut up if you don't have anything to say. I buy 99% of everything I need here on Nairaland. Including plates and spoons and most sellers are in Lagos meanwhile I'm in Anambra.

Blame the scammer not the victim

2 Likes

Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by DreamChaser1672: 10:24am On Mar 28, 2022
Xilsbridalhouse:
I’m so sorry op, I pray he refunds your money back to you and is that his picture on his profile ? Let’s hope he’d be back online though I doubt because he switched off his phone as soon as I called him.

Scammers always end badly.
Thank you.
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by DreamChaser1672: 10:25am On Mar 28, 2022
Ulunne777:
How can he help?

Chatinent

If you can help, I would really appreciate. I used my last card to get this phone. It's what I use to study in school (I am a medical student) and for my freelancing business.

Kindly help me if you can
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by DreamChaser1672: 10:25am On Mar 28, 2022
Timekeeper452:
is the face you saw similar to the one on his profile here?
I can't really say boss.
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by DreamChaser1672: 10:47am On Mar 28, 2022
ifeanyiatuadu:
He's not picking up.
Please drop the drivers number too, let me vent my anger on any of them
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed by Ulunne777(f): 1:51pm On Mar 28, 2022
DreamChaser1672:
How can he help?

Chatinent

If you can help, I would really appreciate. I used my last card to get this phone. It's what I use to study in school (I am a medical student) and for my freelancing business.

Kindly help me if you can

Pm him ,he might charge you a lil but he'll give you every detail about the guy down to his present location.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Itel Wins Most Outstanding Phone Brand In Consumer Engagement At Brandcom 2023 / How To Connect Samsung Galaxy S4 To TV / My Hotnote Pro Is Not Sending And Receiving Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.