Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

There’s No General Judgement Day (Last Day For Everybody) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There’s No General Judgement Day (Last Day For Everybody) (534 Views)

What Will Happen To Anyone Who Rejects The Words Of Jesus On Judgement Day / The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian / What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There’s No General Judgement Day (Last Day For Everybody) by CuteEmma(f): 10:26am On Mar 27, 2022
From this thread, https://www.nairaland.com/7038209/know-judgment-day-coming

I saw comments about a general day for everybody, like, for real?

It’s way more likely that everyone alive today will die before this “last day” or “judgement day” of the world. Some will die today, some will die tomorrow, some will grow old and still die without seeing this judgement day. There are so many things waiting to kill you including old age that are more likely than “a judgement day”.

So why can’t we focus more on the important things? We hurt everyone around us because we are only scared of the “last day” which we actually know that it’s eternity away. We don’t see the need to change because we feel God will judge the world at once and we feel that “Oh, I’m not the worst”, so there’s no urge to become better.

It’s like being in a class of 7.9 billion pupils, without a particular date for a final exam, but you’re never going to care since (according to your beliefs) you’re not at the bottom of the class. Christianity for example will even make you feel like you already have some advantage over 5.6 billion that aren’t Christians and other 2.3 billion who don’t attend your particular church, so why would you need to change?

If we can tell ourselves the truth that we can die at any given minute and that would be our own “judgement day”; that we’re writing this exam alone (salvation is personal), and that we can be called at any minute to write ours, and that our final grade is not going to depend on the performance of our classmates; then maybe we can become better.

And another thing again is when people talk about a paradise. Please, whoever wants to go to a paradise should do so immediately, this world isn’t so good, so why wait? Go now!

If you can’t take good care of this world that you see, what makes you think you will be able to live in a paradise that you can’t see? If you can’t nurture this world that you have, what makes you think that you deserve a paradise?

The world needs good people. If we can give less focus on a paradise that we can’t see, then maybe we can heal this world that we can see and make it the paradise. Maybe that’s the whole plan.
Re: There’s No General Judgement Day (Last Day For Everybody) by psucc(m): 10:44am On Mar 27, 2022
Are you also aware of this
HEB. 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment".

That is there'll be no general judgement may not be an issue but how prepared are you and I for the individual's day?

This should be of more concern than the debate.
Shalom!
Re: There’s No General Judgement Day (Last Day For Everybody) by Amotolongbo(f): 10:52am On Mar 27, 2022
I have a question concerning judgement day o.

We were told while in children Sunday School about how there will be a screen displaying our atrocities and deed on earth on the judgment day.

If a lady fornicated and repented before rapture and the man that fornicated with the lady did not repent before rapture.
When the screen on the judgement day is showing the sins committed by the man will it edit out the fornication part with the lady who repented or will it show the scene with the lady during the fornication?
Re: There’s No General Judgement Day (Last Day For Everybody) by SporaD8: 9:24am On Jul 18, 2022
Amotolongbo:

We were told while in children Sunday School about how there will be a screen displaying our atrocities and deed on earth on the judgment day.

If a lady fornicated and repented before rapture and the man that fornicated with the lady did not repent before rapture.
When the screen on the judgement day is showing the sins committed by the man will it edit out the fornication part with the lady who repented or will it show the scene with the lady during the fornication?
It will show in 3D. infact A-B mode will be used.
I want to know where you are going with the question.
Re: There’s No General Judgement Day (Last Day For Everybody) by Kobojunkie: 11:12am On Jul 18, 2022
Amotolongbo:
I have a question concerning judgement day o. We were told while in children Sunday School about how there will be a screen displaying our atrocities and deed on earth on the judgment day.

What you were told were lies and nothing more. Judgement day is described in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 by Jesus Christ, the King(over Heaven and Hell) and Standard by which men will will judged. There will be no screens showing you your sins since Judgement day wouldn't be about sin but instead about whether you are righteous or unrighteous. Ofcourse sin disqualifies one from being consiidered among the righteous. undecided
Re: There’s No General Judgement Day (Last Day For Everybody) by Kobojunkie: 12:30am On Jul 19, 2022
SporaD8:

It will show in 3D. infact A-B mode will be used.
I want to know where you are going with the question.
The question she asked is a valid one for those of you who believe there will be a screen of some sort, and playback feature. undecided
Re: There’s No General Judgement Day (Last Day For Everybody) by SporaD8: 2:09am On Jul 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The question she asked is a valid one for those of you who believe there will be a screen of some sort, and playback feature. undecided
The essence of the question is what I need not it's validity.
Re: There’s No General Judgement Day (Last Day For Everybody) by Kobojunkie: 2:11am On Jul 19, 2022
SporaD8:
The essence of the question is what I need not it's validity.
I think that is also made clear in the question. Basically, if my sin has already been forgiven by God, would video records of the same sin still be available for viewing even by others? undecided

The whole idea of your life being played back for viewing on judgment day is just as ridiculous as it sounds. I wonder where the idea came from and why so many hold to it without actually questioning its origin. undecided
Re: There’s No General Judgement Day (Last Day For Everybody) by Dtruthspeaker: 5:29am On Jul 19, 2022
CuteEmma:
...If we can tell ourselves the truth that we can die at any given minute and that would be our own “judgement day”; that we’re writing this exam alone (salvation is personal), and that we can be called at any minute to write ours, and that our final grade is not going to depend on the performance of our classmates; then maybe we can become better....

Unfortunately, God has set how He intends to handle these things and He has set it that it shall be "A Day of World wide Arrests and Trial and Prosecution and Judgement and Sentencing either to eternal Life in Prisonment of Fire or eternal life in freedom of paradise and new heaven and earth. (General Judgement).

Even Eve and Cain and the people guilty of the golden calf affair have not been judged as seen in Exodus 32:34 and other scripture.
Re: There’s No General Judgement Day (Last Day For Everybody) by Dtruthspeaker: 5:31am On Jul 19, 2022
psucc:
Are you also aware of this
HEB. 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment".

That is there'll be no general judgement may not be an issue but how prepared are you and I for the individual's day?

This should be of more concern than the debate.
Shalom!

Christ told you people who die are sleeping and they shall awake to be Judged, so you see, you are not correct.
Re: There’s No General Judgement Day (Last Day For Everybody) by Dtruthspeaker: 5:33am On Jul 19, 2022
Amotolongbo:

Nope!

That is what Judgement is about. Everything shall be seen and The Law shall be applied.
Re: There’s No General Judgement Day (Last Day For Everybody) by Dtruthspeaker: 5:48am On Jul 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I think that is also made clear in the question. Basically, if my sin has already been forgiven by God, would video records of the same sin still be available for viewing even by others? undecided

Clearly it is on Judgement Day that you will certainly know if your sins have been wiped out

Now you understand why the Bible said "hope". Colossians 1:27; 1 Peter 1:3 and other scriptures.
Re: There’s No General Judgement Day (Last Day For Everybody) by Lighthouse50: 6:03am On Jul 19, 2022
The idea of your sins being played on screen bitters... God of heaven is too holy to behold sin. Imagine HEAVEN HOSTs sits to play and watch varieties of nudes and attrocities. I being a flesh cant sit to watch disgusting senerio talk more of HOLY MEN..
Re: There’s No General Judgement Day (Last Day For Everybody) by Dtruthspeaker: 6:13am On Jul 19, 2022
Lighthouse50:
The idea of your sins being played on screen bitters... God of heaven is too holy to behold sin. Imagine HEAVEN HOSTs sits to play and watch varieties of nudes and attrocities. I being a flesh cant sit to watch disgusting senerio talk more of HOLY MEN..

Yes God is Too Holy to look upon sin, but The Lord, Ruler of heaven and earth, Whom we call God, has been looking at it since Adam and it is He Who Shall Judge on behalf of His Father, The Most Holy!

(1) (Reply)

Importance Of Thanksgiving To God / What God Thinks Is What Matters ,men Can Praise And Criticize You The Same Time / As A Christian, Beware Of Whom U Take Gift From.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.