Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,272 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Nigeria Ready To Supply Gas To Europe - Timipre Sylva - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Ready To Supply Gas To Europe - Timipre Sylva (26331 Views)

800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers / David Lyon Visits Bola Tinubu With Timipre Sylva (Photos) / Adams Oshiomhole On His Way Back To Nigeria, Ready To Face Accusers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Ready To Supply Gas To Europe - Timipre Sylva by dasparrow: 6:26pm On Mar 27, 2022
Not a good idea. Do Nigerians have enough gas? No they don't. So why are you offering to sell gas to europeans? Nigerian rulers are just brainless.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ready To Supply Gas To Europe - Timipre Sylva by qekng40(f): 6:30pm On Mar 27, 2022
sulaak:

I know my country.

A country that cannot explore, extract and refine the product that it has been selling for the best part of 62 years. When the Minister of Petroleum is begging foreign IOC to assist Nigeria in developing its national assets, you know your country is truly messed up.

You seem not to get me, its fine though.
Re: Nigeria Ready To Supply Gas To Europe - Timipre Sylva by SamuelLoch: 6:36pm On Mar 27, 2022
BigBashiru:

What I'm saying is if the western European uncivilized savages make an investment of $1billion in Nigeria it means they own the natural gas refinery partly...that's what investment means.... with such an investment they now have a say in the politics of the country.... its colonial....

France and eu is known for doing unspeakable things to Africa leaders who refuse to their bidding e.g. if Nigeria now wants eu to divest from the natural gas refinery they will refuse and want regime change in Nigeria.... that's a problem mali is currently facing....

I understand you now, perfectly!
So, you don't want the refineries to be developed by any other party except the FG because you think they would influence our decisions here in Nigeria?

But you can negotiate something not toxic. By the way, Nigeria is to big to be colonialize
Re: Nigeria Ready To Supply Gas To Europe - Timipre Sylva by Chiefecho(m): 6:39pm On Mar 27, 2022
lexy2014:

We should even be exporting security despite the insecurity

What do you know about security and insecurity ?
Re: Nigeria Ready To Supply Gas To Europe - Timipre Sylva by BigBashiru: 6:51pm On Mar 27, 2022
SamuelLoch:

I understand you now, perfectly!
So, you don't want the refineries to be developed by any other party except the FG because you think they would influence our decisions here in Nigeria?

But you can negotiate something not toxic. By the way, Nigeria is to big to be colonialize

I have attached to this post, a map of western europe... do you see how small it is? Compare its size with that of Africa. You can see portugal and UK also on the map... why did they decide to colonize? Because they have NOTHING.... They are poor. See how easy it was to bomb Lybia on the map? Lybia starts with L on the map.... Lagos is a portugese word.

If we want to attract foreign investments we should deal with wealthy countries like Qatar, Saudi Arabia, China, South Africa, and India who have human and natural resources.... these countries are self sufficent and will not try to do regime change or do unspeakable things to african leaders... the western european countries are poor and always will be hence they have a higher motivation to colonize or interfer.

Nigeria is not too big to be colonized; colonization is done by force.... if Russia wanted to colonize Ukraine it would deploy force and after conquering Ukrainian army, it would hoist its flag and claim Ukrain as part of Russia.

Same as Nigeria; as of today British, Portugese and German forces can very easily defeat Nigerian forces so shamefully, Nigerian army is still as weak as it was in 1856 when it was first invaded as it is now. what a shame.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Ready To Supply Gas To Europe - Timipre Sylva by ashawopikin(m): 7:02pm On Mar 27, 2022
Thunder where u dey?
Re: Nigeria Ready To Supply Gas To Europe - Timipre Sylva by wealthtrak: 7:57pm On Mar 27, 2022
Re: Nigeria Ready To Supply Gas To Europe - Timipre Sylva by lexy2014: 8:04pm On Mar 27, 2022
Chiefecho:

Re: Nigeria Ready To Supply Gas To Europe - Timipre Sylva by wealthtrak: 8:20pm On Mar 27, 2022
uncleck:
I wonder why successive governments in Nigeria have refused to create wealth from already existing natural resources we have. We have oil in abundance, why can't we create wealth by refining it? We have abundant gas reserve, why is there still scarcity of gas? We have gold, why do we still import gold at high price? Do we need to wait for foreigners to invest in our gas exploration before we start making money from it?

This Russia-Ukraine conflict should be a perfect avenue for Nigeria to earn a lot of FOREX by selling oil at higher price, but unfortunately, whatever we make will still be used in paying subsidy because we can't refining our oil. If we had invested in gas exploration, by now most EU members would have turned to Nigeria...
You thoughts are in sync with
mine here. Well said!
Re: Nigeria Ready To Supply Gas To Europe - Timipre Sylva by freemanq(m): 8:30pm On Mar 27, 2022
Of what use is this deal to Nigerians? Since few cable will hijack the supply to enrich themselves
Re: Nigeria Ready To Supply Gas To Europe - Timipre Sylva by Excuzeme: 10:00pm On Mar 27, 2022
Hogwash!
Nigeria could not even fukfikk its allocated Quota of Crude Oil under OPEC, for a very long time now.
Nigeria still imports Gas for its own domeastic consumtion as we speak, hence the rising Price of Cooking Gas.

Which miracle will then make them to increase production and then supply more Gas to Europe?
Silly Govt that should have used this Ukraine war to bargain and press Oil Companies operating in Nigeria to install Equipments that will increase capacity of the NLNG, they are here running their mouth?

Maybe it is Dangotte that is now "Nigeria" sha.
undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Ready To Supply Gas To Europe - Timipre Sylva by Excuzeme: 10:20pm On Mar 27, 2022
“We would like to be reliable partners to solve the energy problem in Europe and we can only achieve this by working together. It is only when investing in these areas is increased that Nigeria can meet that obligation,” Sylva said.

While emphasising the need for the transfer of technology in gas and renewable energy, he said Africa must be allowed to continue to exploit its hydrocarbon deposits to develop the continent.

In her response, E.U's Isopi urged Nigeria to take advantage of the opportunity offered by the present crisis in Europe to shore up gas supplies to Europe.

You can see that these Europeans ar selfish and cunning, while Nigerian leaders like Sylva are just plain Stoopid!

Europeans came to us when the needed more Gas.
We asked them to invest more of their Money in the Infrastructure that will enable us to export more Gas to them and to allow transfer of technology to us in the process.

The cunning European responded by saying "Nigeria should take advantage of the opportunity offered by Ukrain War, TO SHORE UP Nigeria's Gas supply!
He never agreed that they need to invest more, if the need more gas, that part does not concern them
! angry angry

Let me see how they will get more Gas naah. grin grin
Re: Nigeria Ready To Supply Gas To Europe - Timipre Sylva by Awaja(m): 10:42pm On Mar 27, 2022
When we can't supply enough locally, I laugh in Ukraine
Re: Nigeria Ready To Supply Gas To Europe - Timipre Sylva by Kimiso(m): 11:58pm On Mar 27, 2022
lalasticlala:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/03/27/russia-ukraine-war-nigeria-ready-to-step-in-as-alternative-gas-supplier-to-europe-says-sylva/
at last the famous lalasticlala came to show face, please help" my friend deactivated his nairaland account by mistake and he needs to recover it back
Re: Nigeria Ready To Supply Gas To Europe - Timipre Sylva by Daniel20001: 2:59am On Mar 28, 2022
Read Below

Re: Nigeria Ready To Supply Gas To Europe - Timipre Sylva by wilyparker(m): 9:25am On Mar 28, 2022
Re: Nigeria Ready To Supply Gas To Europe - Timipre Sylva by cosmatika(m): 9:46am On Mar 28, 2022
ivolt:

What do you know about business?
Nigeria still exports food despite the rising food prices.
And dat is business for u? Ode ni ye.
You must be from Benue, cos dats where I saw ppl selling garri in large quantity to outsiders without remaining any to eat at home
Re: Nigeria Ready To Supply Gas To Europe - Timipre Sylva by dekins: 9:51am On Mar 28, 2022
It will be a big boost to the economy of Nigeria if only Nigeria can seize this opportunity to be a key player in gas export alongside other oil and gas products as well as other minerals and natural resources. All these can only happen with good economic policies to encourage investors and financiers alongside market access at local and international levels.
Re: Nigeria Ready To Supply Gas To Europe - Timipre Sylva by ivolt: 3:16pm On Mar 28, 2022
cosmatika:

And dat is business for u? Ode ni ye.
You must be from Benue, cos dats where I saw ppl selling garri in large quantity to outsiders without remaining any to eat at home
Serious economic discussion is not for imbe ciles or kids.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NNPC Audit Report Exposes Double Subsidy Payments / 40,000 Nigerian Refugees Chased Out Of Cameroon / 9th Assembly: How North Central Governors Forced APC To Renege On Gbajabilamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.