Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,450 members, 7,812,377 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Can Christian Work In Brewery? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Christian Work In Brewery? (3427 Views)

Can Christian Couples Engage In MouthAction? / Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? / Can Christian Go On G-Strings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Christian Work In Brewery? by unamid(m): 4:53pm On Jul 03, 2011
I just want to know may be it is proper for true christian to work in a brewery.
Re: Can Christian Work In Brewery? by KunleOshob(m): 5:29pm On Jul 03, 2011
Why not Absolutely nothing wrong in a true christian working in a brewery or even consuming beer.
Re: Can Christian Work In Brewery? by OgaMadam(f): 10:58pm On Jul 04, 2011
Tough one.

But its up to your conscience.

Abraham lincoln or was it churchill. Churchill i think once said the safest way is to make sure you dont work against your conscience.

Some things in the world are not black and white. like below:

*Can christians model?
*Must they continue they marry the father/mother of thier child?
*Can you enter into a business deal with someone not exactly perfect?

Your conscience comes in here. I know really you should be lead by the Holy Spirit.
In the perfect world this would be number one.

But i strongly believe that God uses your conscience. Even if it all looks right on the
outside, something inside there will just not sit right - follow that.

Now me personally. Working in the bar will make me feel like i have something in my
throat choking me. I wont last. Its not for me.

Talk to God, who loves you, and knows you most intimately - then take it from there.

Madam.
Re: Can Christian Work In Brewery? by wetu: 5:44pm On Jul 05, 2011
KunleOshob:

Why not Absolutely nothing wrong in a true christian working in a brewery[b] or even consuming beer[/b].

Are you serious?
Re: Can Christian Work In Brewery? by KunleOshob(m): 6:52pm On Jul 05, 2011
^^^
I am absolutely serious, there is not one single verse in the whole bible quoted in proper context that forbids christians from consuming alcohol. If any thing there are several scriptures endorsing it. Infact the bible makes it clear that our lord Jesus christ consumed alcohol on a regular basis. (Luke 7 :33-34)
Re: Can Christian Work In Brewery? by OgaMadam(f): 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2011
Ok maybe not on a regular basis.

But where in the bible does it say that you cant kill yourself?

Where does it say dont go to parties? (Even Joyce Meyer believes in partying)

But is it ok or permitted?

Some things in the bible are not black and white.

You must use your prayer and guidance and Holy Spirit guidance to decide.
Re: Can Christian Work In Brewery? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 05, 2011
I don't see anything wrong with it. A born-again christain used to be the MD of NB sometime ago.
Re: Can Christian Work In Brewery? by wetu: 8:30am On Jul 06, 2011
KunleOshob:

^^^
I am absolutely serious, there is not one single verse in the whole bible quoted in proper context that forbids christians from consuming alcohol. If any thing there are several scriptures endorsing it. Infact the bible makes it clear that our lord Jesus christ consumed alcohol on a regular basis. (Luke 7 :33-34)

2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Luk 7:34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!

Now let us not read anything into Luke 7:34 besides what the Bible says. They said he was a winebibber and a glutton. Does it mean Jesus was a winebibber and a glutton? MAYBE

We cannot advise Christians to drink based on one verse. We have to teach the full counsel of God.

Pro 31:4 It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink:

1Th 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Lev 10:8 And the LORD spake unto Aaron, saying,
Lev 10:9 Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations:
Lev 10:10 And that ye may put difference between holy and unholy, and between unclean and clean;
Lev 10:11 And that ye may teach the children of Israel all the statutes which the LORD hath spoken unto them by the hand of Moses.
Re: Can Christian Work In Brewery? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:55am On Jul 06, 2011
christians can swim in beer. and drown. no problem at all.
Re: Can Christian Work In Brewery? by KunleOshob(m): 9:38am On Jul 06, 2011
@wetu
Those scriptures you are trying to quote out of context where addressed to specific sets of people under certain conditions, it was never a rule for the general people of Israel how much more christians.
Deut 14:25-26
Sell your produce and take the money with you to the one place of worship. 26 Spend it on whatever you want- beef, lamb, wine, beer and there in the presence of God you and your families are to eat and enjoy yourselves.

The above passage makes it clear we can even drink beer in church as an act of worship grin so I don't know what all the hypocrisy is about. Luke 33-34 makes it crystal clear that Jesus use to consume wine regularly no matter how much you want to twist that passage. You don't call someone who abstain from wine a winebibber. That is apart from the fact that Jesus turned water into (alcoholic) wine, he also served his disciples with wine at the last supper. Paul advised Timothy to take wine for medical reasons, the list is endless. What the bible advises is moderation in consumption of alcoholic beverages. Even Baba God brews alcoholic wine(palm wine) for us naturally so I really don't know were this religious hypocrisy about alcoholic consumption emanates from.
Re: Can Christian Work In Brewery? by wetu: 10:38am On Jul 06, 2011
As the scripture says, the letter kills but the Spirit gives life. You must be born again.

Those scriptures are addressed to the priests. In the New Testament, every Christian is a priest. The priests were not supposed to drink when they enter the tabernacle, which is a forerunner to the temple. In the New Testament, your body is the temple of God.

About Timothy, you are lying. He was not advised to take wine. He was advised to "use a little wine" with his water:

1Ti 5:23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

Today, any sensible Christian will take cough medicine even though it contains a little alcohol because of that scripture. A carnal Christian will indulge in wine because of the same scripture.

I do not expect you to agree with me but I just want to correct your error. Noone even asked you if Christians can drink or not. The question was just about working in a brewery. If you were a Christian at one point and have fallen from grace, please do not lead others into the same fate.

Pro 20:1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

Isa 28:7 But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.
Re: Can Christian Work In Brewery? by KunleOshob(m): 2:30pm On Jul 06, 2011
^^^
I dey laugh, before I comment on the ignorant delusion posted above kindly address the deut 14 passage that says we can even drink beer in church as a form of worship.
Re: Can Christian Work In Brewery? by Zikkyy(m): 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2011
wetu:

The question was just about working in a brewery.

My brother, there is nothing wrong with working in a brewery. It's like asking if Christian can work in a pharmaceutical company knowing the effect of overdose or wrong use of drugs.
Re: Can Christian Work In Brewery? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:18pm On Jul 06, 2011
^^ sensible man.
Re: Can Christian Work In Brewery? by wetu: 8:13am On Jul 07, 2011
Zikkyy:

My brother, there is nothing wrong with working in a brewery. It's like asking if Christian can work in a pharmaceutical company knowing the effect of overdose or wrong use of drugs.

Like I said: the question was just about working in the brewery but kunle overextended himself to say Christians can even consume beer. No one even asked that and I had to rebuke him for that. I did not answer the question as it was already answered.

Guys let us learn to read if we want to respond.
Re: Can Christian Work In Brewery? by wetu: 8:20am On Jul 07, 2011
KunleOshob:

^^^
I dey laugh, before I comment on the ignorant delusion posted above kindly address the deut 14 passage that says we can even drink beer in church as a form of worship.

Sorry, I cannot explain that scriputure to you, you must be born again:

2Co 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
2Co 3:15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
2Co 3:16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
2Co 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
Re: Can Christian Work In Brewery? by KunleOshob(m): 8:41am On Jul 07, 2011
^^^
Just as I thought you won't be able to explain it since what you preach and believe are doctrines of men that lack sound biblical basis. I repeat with all sense of responsibility that there is absolutely nothing in the bible that suggests born again christians cannot drink or produce alcohol. Even our lord Jesus christ produce very high quality alcoholic beverage when he turned water into wine. That aside I hope you know you are sinning by claiming the bible says christians shd not consume alcohol cos you are adding to scriptures which is a sin. You need to stop forcing your ill conceived ideas into scriptures and causing unnecessary confusion in christian religious beliefs.
Re: Can Christian Work In Brewery? by wetu: 12:20pm On Jul 07, 2011
KunleOshob:

^^^
Just as I thought you won't be able to explain it since what you preach and believe are doctrines of men that lack sound biblical basis. I repeat with all sense of responsibility that there is absolutely nothing in the bible that suggests born again christians cannot drink or produce alcohol. Even our lord Jesus christ produce very high quality alcoholic beverage when he turned water into wine. That aside I hope you know you are sinning by claiming the bible says christians shd not consume alcohol cos you are adding to scriptures which is a sin. You need to stop forcing your ill conceived ideas into scriptures and causing unnecessary confusion in christian religious beliefs.
You are an accuser of the brethren, a false prophet and a liar.

It's not true that there's absolutely nothing in the Bible that suggests Christians cannot drink. It's there. I posted it in red in this post but you simply want to ignore it. On the other hand I did not say "the Bible says Christians should not consume alcohol".

My points in this discussion was:
1. Let us not read into scripture what the Bible doesn't say
2. Let us not base doctrine on a couple of verses but on the full counsel of God
3. Let us not overextend ourselves in suggesting Christians should do things or not do things where it is much better to present the full counsel of God and let everyone be fully persuaded in his own mind, especially if no one asked us.

In the process I have presented you scriptures that clearly suggest that Christians shouldn't drink. Of course we all know that drinking leads to drunkenness and drunkards will not inherit the Kingdom of God. If you could read Romans 14, you would clearly see that what you are doing is wrong, especially when no one asked you but you jumped at the chance.

You are clearly not a Christian or your Christianity is the Simon the sorcerer type of Christianity where your own interests and agenda comes fist:

Act 8:22  Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.
Act 8:23  For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.
Act 8:24  Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the Lord for me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me.
Re: Can Christian Work In Brewery? by KunleOshob(m): 1:10pm On Jul 07, 2011
^^^
And you are clearly a hypocrite and a dunce. The so called scriptures you quoted when read in proper perspective do not suggest that christians should not drink. I have shown you clear evidence in the bible that christians can drink and even use it in worship yet you are playing the ostrich. Jesus drank alcohol so did his disciples yet so ignorant modern day 'saints' are trying to force into scripture what is not there.
Re: Can Christian Work In Brewery? by wetu: 3:22pm On Jul 07, 2011
How is anyone supposed to believe anything you say if you cannot defend your lies in this thread:

1. Timothy was advised to take wine
2. Wetu said the Bible says Christians should not drink alcohol
3. There is absolutely nothing in the Bible to suggest that Christians should not drink alcohol

You are a liar and a false prophet and every Christian on NL should know that by now.
Re: Can Christian Work In Brewery? by KunleOshob(m): 3:44pm On Jul 07, 2011
^^^
On the contrary you are the shameless liar who is trying to force his ignorant and delusional opinion into the bible. I have proved with scriptures that it is ok for christians to produce/ consume alcohol. I challenge you to quote one single lie I have made on this subject as it is very clear to all that you are the one who is a pathological liar and false teacher.
Re: Can Christian Work In Brewery? by sylvestere: 7:28am On Jul 20, 2011
please, please, christians this is a dying world and we are part of the problem. lets try to work together to resolve problems with the right thing to do for god. if we continue to brawl as christians, what are we showing people who really have valid questions with god; and no one there to answer but two people criticizing each other. in the end when our spirits go back with god we have nothing to account for but this, lets love please!!!! this is the only way, and gods way, work together this is a dying world lets be part of a solution.
Re: Can Christian Work In Brewery? by wetu: 2:11pm On Jul 20, 2011

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
Jud 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
Re: Can Christian Work In Brewery? by Patsey: 6:26pm On Jul 20, 2011
KunleOshob:

^^^

WELL SAID. NOW THESE ZEALOTS AREN'T HAPPY WITH THE REFERENCE TO LUKE 7 :33-34
Re: Can Christian Work In Brewery? by wetu: 8:08pm On Jul 20, 2011

Act 20:26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.
Act 20:27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

(1) (Reply)

Drop Your Birthday Wishes For Pastor E.A. Adeboye / CHRISTIANITY EXPOSED: If Adam & Eve Were Created, Explain This / The Bible And How God Himself "deceived" His People And Led Them "Astray"!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.