Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? (7093 Views)

Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? / What Did Jesus Mean By "The Poor Will Always Be Among You"? / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by Emusan(m): 11:38am On Apr 07, 2022
cornelboy:

First you need to know that inheriting heaven is not scriptural. It's inheriting the kingdom of heaven. Both are different.

Your palaver grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

I can't say I'm pure in heart, only God can judge that. Is anyone even pure?

Am I a meek? I'm not sure.

Maybe I'm poor in spirit though.

I'm not being persecuted for now.

That means neither kingdom of heaven or Paradise earth is sure for you.

Anyways, I Know your abode is the same with JWs father the Devil which is lake of fire. grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

One main criteria for inheriting the kingdom is being baptized by the holy spirit (born again).

So Jesus is lying in Matt 5 that those poor in spirit and persecuted for righteousness will inherit the kingdom of heaven grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

So if your poor in spirit or pure in heart and are not baptized by the holy spirit, you can't inherit the kingdom.

Then Jesus is lying at Matt 5 and to even know that you're the very person who brought that scripture here cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

It doesn't mean that some of the meek won't inherit the kingdom of heaven.

Keep changing mouth.

It's now "SOME" when Jesus says "THOSE"

All these just because you have donated your brain to those 8 Old lying men.

Someone that's pure in heart can also be a meek.

That means the person will inherit both kingdom of heaven and earth double inheritance grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Only God knows the reward for each person. It might be inheriting the earth or the kingdom of heaven.

Yes He knows and already told us that THOSE who are pure in heart will see Him in other words inherit the kingdom of heaven and THOSE who are MEEK will inherit earth.

There are other verses in the Bible that say the righteous will inherit the earth. That doesn't implies that all the righteous will inherit the earth. Of course some will inherit the kingdom of heaven.

I love this, that means Bible contradicts itself or you're the one who gave wrong interpretation cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by Emusan(m): 11:55am On Apr 07, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:
"For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there I am in their midst.” Matthew 18:20

I like this, it's only Almighty that can be in two different places at the same time.

That means Jesus will both be in heaven and earth at the same time for His statement on the cross to be true since the thief will be WITH HIM at the Paradise

[
"teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things" Matthew 28:20

He said it and He's doing it today.

Did Jesus prove to be present (physically) as he promised in the two statements above?

The two statements are not the same with Jesus statement on the cross.

Both Matt 18:20 & Matt 28:20 are all before the CONCLUSION OF THE SYSTEM OF THIS WORLD grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Jesus told him, "...YOU will be with Me IN Paradise..." which means the thief will be where Jesus will be after resurrection. whereas, the two statements above simply means Jesus is Almighty who can be at different places at the same time.
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 2:22pm On Apr 07, 2022
Emusan:

I like this, it's only Almighty that can be in two different places at the same time.

That means Jesus will both be in heaven and earth at the same time for His statement on the cross to be true since the thief will be WITH HIM at the Paradise

[

He said it and He's doing it today.

The two statements are not the same with Jesus statement on the cross.

Both Matt 18:20 & Matt 28:20 are all before the CONCLUSION OF THE SYSTEM OF THIS WORLD grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Jesus told him, "...YOU will be with Me IN Paradise..." which means the thief will be where Jesus will be after resurrection. whereas, the two statements above simply means Jesus is Almighty who can be at different places at the same time.

OK!
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 2:32pm On Apr 07, 2022
achorladey:

That is to say Jesus is with the thief spiritually. That's the message you are passing across. Correct?

Someone who chooses to be with another is the person extending a hand of friendship.

"You will be with me" is not the same as "i will be with you"

@ Matthew 18:20 & 28:20 Jesus is the one who wants to be WITH his disciples because they're working towards the same goal, but in the case of the thief he is a condemned criminal who is now begging for help as his lifestyle has been in total contrast with the standard of God, so Jesus doesn't need him rather he needs Jesus that is why Jesus used that sentence to show that the thief will be adequately cared for (by his disciples who will be taking care of the earth) in Paradise.
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by Emusan(m): 2:34pm On Apr 07, 2022
haddeylium:
Now that you're learning...

Not now, I've been learning from birth.

The earthy paradise that Jesus promised the thief will be governed by Jesus as King.

Let me help you put the word in Jesus mouth

"I tell you today, you will be in Paradise which I'll be governed from heaven" cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Since you know me oree than Jesus.

Hence, Jesus will be WITH this thief and other countless deadones when he resurrect them from the grave to life in paradise earth (John 5:38,29 ; Rev 20:11-13; 21:3-4)

@color speaks a lot about how you people can twist the scripture.

Jesus didn't say He'll be with the thief and countless deadones rather the thief will BE WITH JESUS just as other countless deadones will be with Jesus.

"When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. John 14:3

1 Like

Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Well Jesus' statement about the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses always ring a bell in my mind:

“Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?" Matthew 24:45

If Kumuyi (the founder of the church where the OP attends) has done justice to the topic he won't have raised the question here.
Can't you see the other stupid Churchgoer complaining when he himself doesn't know the weight of the question OP raised? smiley

Maximus stop this nonsense, stop taking scripture out of context
There's nothing like GB in the scriptures

1 Like

Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by haddeylium(m): 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2022
Emusan:

Not now, I've been learning from birth.
Let me help you put the word in Jesus mouth
"I tell you today, you will be in Paradise which I'll be governed from heaven" cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Since you know me oree than Jesus.
@color speaks a lot about how you people can twist the scripture.
Jesus didn't say He'll be with the thief and countless deadones rather the thief will BE WITH JESUS just as other countless deadones will be with Jesus.
"When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. John 14:3

Don't be a waste of time please.
How can you be with someone without the person being with you?
I think this more of a linguistic difference than a biblical one.

Now, where do you think the comma should be placed?
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:49pm On Apr 07, 2022
AgirlsNightmAre:

Perhaps you never studied the scriptures with meditation Sir!

A Governing Body is a group of older men of the faith in Christ who are appointed as overseers of Jesus' flock.
Before Jesus left he appointed Peter the apostle as the spokesperson of that little group whom he called "Apostles" that's why Jesus said:

"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." Matthew 16:19

Jesus also commanded this same Peter saying:

When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?" "Yes, Lord," he said, "you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my lambs." John 21:15

That's why you'll notice Peter always speaking up for the group {Act 1:13} anytime the need arises or whenever they're questioned! Act 2:14; 3:4,12; 4:19; 5:29

But does that mean Peter has become infallible since Jesus chose him as spokesman for the Apostles?
The answer is NO!
Because the same Peter failed woefully to acknowledge gentiles who has been baptized with God's Holy Spirit in the presence of Jewish Christians {Galatians 2:11-14} despite the fact that God has forewarned him not to discriminate against believers due to racism! Act 10:15

So there was a GOVERNING BODY in the first century and Apostle Paul whom Jesus used to correct peter acknowledged this BODY that's why he always report back to them:

As they traveled on through the cities, they would deliver to them for observance the decrees that had been decided on by the apostles and the elders who were in Jerusalem. Act 16:4 compare to 15:2

Apostle Paul emphasized on the need for all the Christian congregations to OBEY the counsel of the GOVERNING BODY! Hebrews 13:7, 17

So if you don't know that there was a GB after Jesus' ascension to heaven that's not my fault Sir! smiley

1 Like

Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by Emusan(m): 4:19pm On Apr 07, 2022
haddeylium:
Don't be a waste of time please.

Cry me a river cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

How can you be with someone without the person being with you?

Jesus didn't say He will be with the thief, that was your own injection cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I think this more of a linguistic difference than a biblical one.

When it suits you people, we based all our teachings on Bible when it doesn't, it can be anything including linguistic difference grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

Now, where do you think the comma should be placed?

Since Jesus promised was that all His followers will be WITH HIM where He is, then the comma should be rightly put before Today just as majority of translations did.

2 Likes

Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by achorladey: 4:38pm On Apr 07, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:

Someone who chooses to be with another is the person extending a hand of friendship.

"You will be with me" is not the same as "i will be with you"

@ Matthew 18:20 & 28:20 Jesus is the one who wants to be WITH his disciples because they're working towards the same goal, but in the case of the thief he is a condemned criminal who is now begging for help as his lifestyle has been in total contrast with the standard of God, so Jesus doesn't need him rather he needs Jesus that is why Jesus used that sentence to show that the thief will be adequately cared for (by his disciples who will be taking care of the earth) in Paradise.

That is to say Jesus will be with the thief spiritually or the thief will be with Jesus spiritually. Correct?

Jesus is the one who wants to be WITH his disciples because they're working towards the same goal

Ok, the disciples don't want to be with Jesus. Interesting.

but in taqhe case of the thief he is a condemned criminal who is now begging for help as his lifestyle has been in total contrast with the standard of God

This same Jesus came for sinners like him. If indeed Jesus didn't need him, He won't even look at him or hear his plea while dying.

why Jesus used that sentence to show that the thief will be adequately cared for (by his disciples who will be taking care of the earth) in Paradise

Jesus can provide whatever the thief need without the help of his disciples. In reality the biggest of his(the thief) needs is to be with Jesus and he was granted that need already.

1 Like

Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by achorladey: 4:59pm On Apr 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Perhaps you never studied the scriptures with meditation Sir!

A Governing Body is a group of older men of the faith in Christ who are appointed as overseers of Jesus' flock.
Before Jesus left he appointed Peter the apostle as the spokesperson of that little group whom he called "Apostles" that's why Jesus said:

"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." Matthew 16:19

Jesus also commanded this same Peter saying:

When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?" "Yes, Lord," he said, "you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my lambs." John 21:15

That's why you'll notice Peter always speaking up for the group {Act 1:13} anytime the need arises or whenever they're questioned! Act 2:14; 3:4,12; 4:19; 5:29

But does that mean Peter has become infallible since Jesus chose him as spokesman for the Apostles?
The answer is NO!
Because the same Peter failed woefully to acknowledge gentiles who has been baptized with God's Holy Spirit in the presence of Jewish Christians {Galatians 2:11-14} despite the fact that God has forewarned him not to discriminate against believers due to racism! Act 10:15

So there was a GOVERNING BODY in the first century and Apostle Paul whom Jesus used to correct peter acknowledged this BODY that's why he always report back to them:

As they traveled on through the cities, they would deliver to them for observance the decrees that had been decided on by the apostles and the elders who were in Jerusalem. Act 16:4 compare to 15:2

Apostle Paul emphasized on the need for all the Christian congregations to OBEY the counsel of the GOVERNING BODY! Hebrews 13:7, 17

So if you don't know that there was a GB after Jesus' ascension to heaven that's not my fault Sir! smiley

Read the bible as usual and la cram la pour what your religious leaders taught you its interpretation.

Where did you see governing body in Hebrews 13:7, 17?

So there was a GOVERNING BODY in the first century and Apostle Paul whom Jesus used to correct peter acknowledged this BODY that's why he always report back to them

Paul corrected Peter not governing body. Should I ask is Peter a governing body? What will you say? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by achorladey: 5:02pm On Apr 07, 2022
AgirlsNightmAre:

Not a fault of his, he is placed on that queue by his religious leaders. He is just following whatever they serve with no question asked.

1 Like

Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by Emusan(m): 5:26pm On Apr 07, 2022
achorladey:

Read the bible as usual and la cram la pour what your religious leaders taught you its interpretation.

Paul corrected Peter not governing body. Should I ask is Peter a governing body? What will you say? grin grin grin

You know the term "governing body" must somehow find its place in the scripture just to continue to defend the 8 lying old men in Brooklyn. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by tctrills: 2:04am On Apr 08, 2022
OLAADEGBU:
What did Jesus mean when He said, "Today you will be with me in paradise"? Where does the comma belong in Luke 23:43?
We should ask the Catholics, They are the ones that gave us the bible as we know it. All other bibles were copied from the original Catholic bible.

Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition
43 And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:04am On Apr 08, 2022
achorladey:

We call those taking the lead in our midst today "GOVERNING BODY" according to Jesus Christ we are to support those he selected as Apostles when they're unitedly teaching us since he (Jesus) was with them when deciding on the DECREES they set among us {Matthew 18:20} whatever they bind or loosen as a BODY has been granted in heaven! Matthew 16:19
Apostle Paul emphasized on the need for all the congregations to OBEY these BODY so that things may go orderly in the group! Hebrews 13:17 compare to 1Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3
So anyone contradicting what these BODY has DECREED must be SHUNNED! Romans 16:17 compare to 2John 10-11
achorladey:

Peter was the first chief spokesperson of the first GOVERNING BODY so he's just a member not the BODY that's why he needed to be corrected as an imperfect human but Paul must never ever speak a word against any decree that has been decided upon by the BODY.

According to Jesus Christ Peter may err in some decisions when it has to do with DECREES on standards but if it was two or three persons that gathered and invited Jesus to be their Chairman in that meeting {Matthew 18:20} Jesus will used the Holy Spirit to direct them {John 14:26-27; 16:12-13} so that they won't make a wrong decision on the DECREES that should be set among his own flock.

So we need to know our limits, for instance i (Maximus) can correct brother Herd (a member of the GB) on something he didn't get right due to imperfection, but when the BODY sit down, prayed on a matter having to do with decisions that will carry the organization together as a global family no human no matter who you are should raise his tongue against such decision because Jesus is the Chairman during the time such decision was made (if you believe what he said @ Matthew 18:20) whoever speaks against such decision is indirectly kicking against Jesus himself not the BODY! smiley
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by achorladey: 10:38am On Apr 08, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

We call those taking the lead in our midst today "GOVERNING BODY" according to Jesus Christ we are to support those he selected as Apostles when they're unitedly teaching us since he (Jesus) was with them when deciding on the DECREES they set among us {Matthew 18:20} whatever they bind or loosen as a BODY has been granted in heaven! Matthew 16:19
Apostle Paul emphasized on the need for all the congregations to OBEY these BODY so that things may go orderly in the group! Hebrews 13:17 compare to 1Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3
So anyone contradicting what these BODY has DECREED must be SHUNNED! Romans 16:17 compare to 2John 10-11

Peter was the first chief spokesperson of the first GOVERNING BODY so he's just a member not the BODY that's why he needed to be corrected as an imperfect human but Paul must never ever speak a word against any decree that has been decided upon by the BODY.

According to Jesus Christ Peter may err in some decisions when it has to do with DECREES on standards but if it was two or three persons that gathered and invited Jesus to be their Chairman in that meeting {Matthew 18:20} Jesus will used the Holy Spirit to direct them {John 14:26-27; 16:12-13} so that they won't make a wrong decision on the DECREES that should be set among his own flock.

So we need to know our limits, for instance i (Maximus) can correct brother Herd (a member of the GB) on something he didn't get right due to imperfection, but when the BODY sit down, prayed on a matter having to do with decisions that will carry the organization together as a global family no human no matter who you are should raise his tongue against such decision because Jesus is the Chairman during the time such decision was made (if you believe what he said @ Matthew 18:20) whoever speaks against such decision is indirectly kicking against Jesus himself not the BODY! smiley

Keypoints.......

1. We call in your midst is different from what the Bible calls.

2. Are your governing body apostles? Do Jehovah’s witnesses believe in the succession of apostles like the Catholics? If they do, you see the pope as an apostle of Jesus Christ?

Apostle Paul didn't emphasis on any body. Stop inserting what is not present into the scriptures.

Ephesians 4: 3 - 6

Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Did you see anything like ONE GOVERNING Body. One body no part of the body governs the other.

Shunning IS another kettle of fish. Na by the way. Those scriptures you cited does not support Shunning.
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:33pm On Apr 08, 2022
achorladey:

Keypoints.......
We call OUR own GROUP of overseers who are leading us "GB" today, so you're free to choose anyone as your own overseer what is indisputable is the fact that God's word emphasized on the need for oversight among God's people and we call the group "GB" we aren't forcing them on anyone rather just like the first century Christians submitted to the DECREES of those overseeing the organization we are doing likewise today!
achorladey:

2. Are your governing body apostles? Do Jehovah’s witnesses believe in the succession of apostles like the Catholics? If they do, you see the pope as an apostle of Jesus Christ?
The Apostles is the group Jesus chose to lead his group while he was around but after his ascension to heaven many other qualified older men were chosen to helpers of that BODY {Act 6:1-6} so it's not just the Apostles alone that served as the first century GB back then though they were the first part of the group during Jesus' ministry there were qualified older men serving as helpers of that BODY. So YES the GB is serving as the group of Apostles in our midst today, they must be replaced when due {Act 1:23-26}
Apostles are frontiers in the ministry, they're those taking the lead in the preaching work {Matthew 10:2-5} they preach and teach from house to house and door to door. So the Pope who doesn't do any of these isn't qualified to be an Apostle of Christ. undecided

achorladey:

Apostle Paul didn't emphasis on any body. Stop inserting what is not present into the scriptures.
Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
Did you see anything like ONE GOVERNING Body. One body no part of the body governs the other.
Shunning IS another kettle of fish. Na by the way. Those scriptures you cited does not support Shunning.

Regarding that word "BODY" Jesus has spoken about it but only those who are wise like EAGLES can sense where this BODY is to feed on whatever they produce not everyone! Luke 17:37

These people are the BORN AGAIN brothers of Christ who are no longer alive to worldly things so according to the scriptures they are no longer living for themselves but for Christ as if they're dead in the flesh but living in the spirit. So like their brother Christ wise ones look for where the carcasses of these dead ones are to feed on them! Matthew 24:28

Jesus once talked about eating his own flesh and drinking his blood {John 6:56} well what he meant here is that he is prepared to suffer and died for the course that will keep the road to life open he wasn't suggesting cannibalism.
His BORN AGAIN brothers must also lay down their lives for the same course {Revelations 12:11} only the wise ones target where this BODY of anointed brothers of Christ are teaching so that they can feed on them! Matthew 24:45
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by Janosky: 2:14pm On Apr 08, 2022
achorladey:

The apostles and elders in Jerusalem were the Governing Council or Governing Body giving direction and guidance to the early Christians.

Did Paul commit a crime when he gave correction to Peter,a fellow member of the Governing Council in Jerusalem?
Achorladey and his cohorts are enemies of the gospel DECEIVING themselves.
The 2 Screenshots of Acts chapter 15 "Council in Jerusalem/Council) have exposed the deception they parrot on Nairaland.

TUEH!!!!!!!

Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by Janosky: 2:19pm On Apr 08, 2022
achorladey:

Keypoints.......

John 20:17, are Jesus Christ & John apostles of Trinity GIBBERISH that the Catholic Pope is?

Achorladey doesn't study his Bible, how will he know that Paul actively participated in the Governing Body deliberations in Acts chapter 15?
Achorladey Continue WAILING upandan and parrot your stupidity on this public forum.
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by achorladey: 3:36pm On Apr 08, 2022
Janosky:

John 20:17, are Jesus Christ & John apostles of Trinity GIBBERISH that the Catholic Pope is?

Achorladey doesn't study his Bible, how will he know that Paul actively participated in the Governing Body deliberations in Acts chapter 15?
Achorladey Continue WAILING upandan and parrot your stupidity on this public forum.

In reality the Bible you carry didn't call anyone governing body or governing body member. Stop partitioning the one body with those GIBBERISH Peddlings obtained and adopted by you from your religious leaders. grin grin grin

Achorladey Continue WAILING upandan and parrot your stupidity on this public forum

I study and read the Bible enough to know that nothing like governing body in the scriptures you carry. grin grin grin. So you can keep peddling WAILINGS and your NO GET SENSE all over nairaland. Na your area of specialisation grin grin grin
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by achorladey: 3:46pm On Apr 08, 2022
Janosky:

The apostles and elders in Jerusalem were the Governing Council or Governing Body giving direction and guidance to the early Christians.

Did Paul commit a crime when he gave correction to Peter,a fellow member of the Governing Council in Jerusalem?
Achorladey and his cohorts are enemies of the gospel DECEIVING themselves.
The 2 Screenshots of Acts chapter 15 "Council in Jerusalem/Council) have exposed the deception they parrot on Nairaland.

TUEH!!!!!!!

Oga carry your Greek interlinear come paapaa you no go see anything call governing body.

That headline abi na heading you underline was written by the writer of ACTS. cheesy grin
He will later call NIV corrupt Bible translations but using it here to support their GOVERNING BODY conundrum. grin grin grin

Now he ran enter CRIME and criminal activities grin grin grin to divert into his usual GIBBERISH peddling.

No na idolatry supporter like Jesus whom you say supports idolatry grin grin grin. Abeg cite one verse where it was stated Paul corrected a fellow member of the Governing council in Jerusalem grin grin grin. Na to incorporate your ARCHAIC IDEAS into the discussion like your taskmasters.

Rather it exposes how you will use corrupt Bible translations to support the archaic ideas given to you by your taskmasters. grin grin grin
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by achorladey: 4:11pm On Apr 08, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

We call OUR own GROUP of overseers who are leading us "GB" today, so you're free to choose anyone as your own overseer what is indisputable is the fact that God's word emphasized on the need for oversight among God's people and we call the group "GB" we aren't forcing them on anyone rather just like the first century Christians submitted to the DECREES of those overseeing the organization we are doing likewise today!

The Apostles is the group Jesus chose to lead his group while he was around but after his ascension to heaven many other qualified older men were chosen to helpers of that BODY {Act 6:1-6} so it's not just the Apostles alone that served as the first century GB back then though they were the first part of the group during Jesus' ministry there were qualified older men serving as helpers of that BODY. So YES the GB is serving as the group of Apostles in our midst today, they must be replaced when due {Act 1:23-26}
Apostles are frontiers in the ministry, they're those taking the lead in the preaching work {Matthew 10:2-5} they preach and teach from house to house and door to door. So the Pope who doesn't do any of these isn't qualified to be an Apostle of Christ. undecided

Regarding that word "BODY" Jesus has spoken about it but only those who are wise like EAGLES can sense where this BODY is to feed on whatever they produce not everyone! Luke 17:37

These people are the BORN AGAIN brothers of Christ who are no longer alive to worldly things so according to the scriptures they are no longer living for themselves but for Christ as if they're dead in the flesh but living in the spirit. So like their brother Christ wise ones look for where the carcasses of these dead ones are to feed on them! Matthew 24:28

Jesus once talked about eating his own flesh and drinking his blood {John 6:56} well what he meant here is that he is prepared to suffer and died for the course that will keep the road to life open he wasn't suggesting cannibalism.
His BORN AGAIN brothers must also lay down their lives for the same course {Revelations 12:11} only the wise ones target where this BODY of anointed brothers of Christ are teaching so that they can feed on them! Matthew 24:45

Learn to reason well.

We call OUR own GROUP of overseers who are leading us "GB" today

You are not the person that call them governing body. Na title and appellation they gave themselves to rule and set up their government of men over you. It is safe to say that you are not aged enough to know when they start calling themselves that and the crisis that was going underneath when these set of people want to usurp the powers of the president of the organization then. grin grin grin

So YES the GB is serving as the group of Apostles in our midst today, they must be replaced when due {Act 1:23-26}

MaxInDHouse setting up his own doctrine behind those he called governing body. Una go just pick scriptures and use it to suit your ideology. Even the organization you belong don't teach what I highlighted up there.

See the below from your publications and learn how you will go against or kill one of your teachings to save the other.....

It is evident from Peter’s statements that it was then considered that any individual filling the position of an apostle of Jesus Christ must have the qualifications of having been personally conversant with him, having been an eyewitness of his works, his miracles, and particularly of his resurrection. In view of this it can be seen that any apostolic succession would in course of time become an impossibility, unless there were divine action to supply these requirements in each individual case.

they preach and teach from house to house and door to door. So the Pope who doesn't do any of these isn't qualified to be an Apostle of Christ

This is serious laughter. See how easy it is for him to disqualify the pope but exalt his religious leaders grin grin grin grin. You read and don't process the your thought when responding. Here is why

Do Jehovah’s witnesses believe in the succession of apostles like the Catholics? If they do, you see the pope as an apostle of Jesus Christ?

You just agreed to the fact that their should be succession of apostles and the Catholics do believe that as well. Therefore the pope grin grin grin grin. The audience the pope reaches every week when compared to yours ko la fi we. How many times do you see your governing body member on the street? Especially now that they are the JWood superstars championing Jehovah’s witnesses movies box office of JW broadcasting. Carry your house to house preaching comot. Even the criteria list up their had nothing to do with house to house preaching. grin grin grin

See as he is diverting into his usual narratives. You quoted ephesians 4: 3, I added verse 4,5,6. Do you see Paul made mention of ONE GOVERNING BODY in that account? Carry your diversion comot. The verse is simple ONE BODY. Na una dey put governing body inside the one body. Partitioning what is not there. Paul was not talking about governing body in that account.

1 Like

Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:38pm On Apr 08, 2022
achorladey:

Learn to reason well.
You are not the person that call them governing body. Na title and appellation they gave themselves to rule and set up their government of men over you. It is safe to say that you are not aged enough to know when they start calling themselves that and the crisis that was going underneath when these set of people want to usurp the powers of the president of the organization then. grin grin grin
MaxInDHouse setting up his own doctrine behind those he called governing body. Una go just pick scriptures and use it to suit your ideology. Even the organization you belong don't teach what I highlighted up there.
See the below from your publications and learn how you will go against or kill one of your teachings to save the other.....
It is evident from Peter’s statements that it was then considered that any individual filling the position of an apostle of Jesus Christ must have the qualifications of having been personally conversant with him, having been an eyewitness of his works, his miracles, and particularly of his resurrection. In view of this it can be seen that any apostolic succession would in course of time become an impossibility, unless there were divine action to supply these requirements in each individual case.
This is serious laughter. See how easy it is for him to disqualify the pope but exalt his religious leaders grin grin grin grin. You read and don't process the your thought when responding. Here is why
You just agreed to the fact that their should be succession of apostles and the Catholics do believe that as well. Therefore the pope grin grin grin grin. The audience the pope reaches every week when compared to yours ko la fi we. How many times do you see your governing body member on the street? Especially now that they are the JWood superstars championing Jehovah’s witnesses movies box office of JW broadcasting. Carry your house to house preaching comot. Even the criteria list up their had nothing to do with house to house preaching. grin grin grin
See as he is diverting into his usual narratives. You quoted ephesians 4: 3, I added verse 4,5,6. Do you see Paul made mention of ONE GOVERNING BODY in that account? Carry your diversion comot. The verse is simple ONE BODY. Na una dey put governing body inside the one body. Partitioning what is not there. Paul was not talking about governing body in that account.

In short you have no further questions so keep your opinion while i keep mine!

If a group of people called themselves "GOVERNING BODY" i believe you should know that such title will never have come all the way from America to your house if there are no followers revering them as they claim.
So we call them "GOVERNING BODY" because we agreed totally with them.
For your information "Jesus the son of Joseph and Mary" is what most Jews call Jesus till tomorrow but the young man claimed that he is the Christ that's why many call him "Jesus Christ" a Jew practicing Judaism will never call Jesus "Christ" WHY? Because he doesn't believe in whatever Jesus says.
So we call them GOVERNING BODY because we are fully prepared to continue obeying them as our own GOVERNMENT globally! smiley
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by oaroloye(m): 6:24pm On Apr 08, 2022
MISHIGAS!

AS USUAL, EVERYONE IGNORES THE ONE PERSON WHO HAS ALL THE CORRECT ANSWERS!

cornelboy:

First you need to know that inheriting heaven is not scriptural. It's inheriting the kingdom of heaven. Both are different.

. REVELATION 21:7-8.

7. "He that overcometh
shall inherit all things;
and I will be His God,
and he shall be My Son.
8. "But the fearful,
and unbelieving,
and the abominable,
and murderers,
and whoremongers,
and sorcerers,
and idolaters,
and all liars,
shall have their part
in the lake which burneth
with fire and brimstone:
which is The Second Death."

IF ANYONE ELSE HERE KNEW THE ANSWER, THEY WOULD HAVE SPOKEN UP.

YOCHANNAN and all the so-called Apostles were liars, and none of their Epistles is reliable.

A madman out of YOCHANNAN MARK'S Church in Alexandria- ORIGEN ADAMANTIUS, who reputedly castrated himself to make himself more Righteous than anyone else- determined which books were scriptural and which were not.

His list is what Bishop EUSEBIUS of Caesarea used to compile the 50 Bibles he presented to Emperor CONSTANTINE at the Council of Nicaea in 325AD.

THAT is where the 78-Book Roman Catholic Bible came from.

Maximus-the-Mad knows about Origen and Eusebius, because they were followers of ARIUS, who was the whole reason why the NICENE COUNCIL was convened in the first place.

ARIUS reasoned that since Lord Yeshua was the SON of God, he was a created Being. Therefore, he could not be Eternal and coequal with God.

There had to be a point in time where Lord Yeshua did not exist. Calling him ETERNAL then, was an insanity.

. JOHN 1:1-14.

IN The Beginning was The Word,
and The Word was with God,
and The Word was God.
2. The same was in
The Beginning with God.
3. All things were made by Him;
and without Him
was not any thing made
that was made.
4. In Him was Life;
and The Life was The Light of Men.
5. And the light shineth in Darkness;
and The Darkness
comprehended it not.

6. There was a man sent from God,
whose name was John.
7. The same came for a witness,
to bear witness of The Light,
that all men through him
might believe.
8. He was not That Light,
but was sent
to bear witness of That Light.

9. That was the true Light,
Which lighteth every man
that cometh into the World.

10. He was in the World,
and the World was made by him,
and the World knew him not.
11. He came unto his own,
and his own received him not.
12. But as many as received him,
to them gave he Power
to become the Sons of God,
even to them
that believe on his Name:
13. Which were Born,
not of blood,
nor of the Will of the Flesh,
nor of the Will of Man,
but of God.
14. And the Word was made Flesh,
and dwelt among us,
[and we beheld his Glory,
the Glory as of
the only begotten of The Father,]
full of Grace and Truth.

WHERE THE OYINBOS F(*Bleep!*)D THEMSELVES UP, WAS IN CONFUSING LORD YESHUA WITH THE LOGOS: THAT IS, "THE WORD."

The Oyinbo propensity for lying and bluffing discouraged me from learning Greek (which I should have done, anyway,) I thought that the way to prove the Jehovah's WitnessesTM wrong was to buy an interlinear New Testament, and point out to them that their New World misTranslation was wrong.

I quickly learned that the Ancient manuscripts had no punctuation, nor spaces between letters, and were written in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.

The rule by which the majority of Oyinbo Theologians said that JOHN 1:1 said "THE WORD WAS GOD," instead of "THE WORD WAS A GOD," as the Jehovah's WitlessesTM claim, called THE PREDICATE NOMINITIVE made no rational sense to me.

I saw that whatever one school of translators claimed that the Scriptures meant, there would be another school who claimed the opposite.

In those days, there was no internet: you could not simply go to, say, THE GREEK ORTHODOX WEBSITES, and ask them what they believed.

This was my first experience of the unreliability of the words of Oyinbos.

Disciple Yochannan (not to be confused with Yochannan Baptist, nor Yochannan Mark, who broke up the "Holy Ghost" ordained team of BARNABAS and PAUL,) deliberately deceived us into believing that LORD YESHUA WAS THE LOGOS (Recorded) WORD OF GOD.

The fact is, that ALL OF US, and EVERYTHING CREATED was once THE WORD OF GOD.

oaroloye:

. THE THREE LAWS OF MOTION. Isaac Newton

ALL OBJECTS REMAIN
IN A STATE OF REST,
OR UNIFORM MOTION
IN A STRAIGHT LINE,
UNLESS ACTED UPON BY
UNBALANCED FORCES.

2. THE RATE OF
CHANGE OF MOMENTUM
IS PROPORTIONAL TO
THE FORCE APPLIED.

3. ACTION AND REACTION
ARE EQUAL AND OPPOSITE.

. DIANETICS AXIOMS.

THE Source of Life is a static
of peculiar and particular properties

[A LIFE STATIC has no size,
no shape, no mass, no temperature,
no frequency, nor any other physical property.]

2. At least a portion of the static
called life is impinged upon
the Physical Universe.
3. That portion
of the Static of Life
which is impinged upon
the Physical Universe
has for its Dynamic Goal
SURVIVAL and ONLY Survival.
4. The Physical Universe
is reducible to motion of energy
operating in Space through Time.
5. That portion of the Static of Life
concerned with the Life Organisms
of the Physical Universe
is concerned WHOLLY with MOTION.

22. Theta and Thought
are similar orders of static.
23. All Thought is concerned
with Motion.
26. Thought is accomplished
by Theta Facsimiles
of Physical Universe,
Entities or Actions.
99. Theta Facsimiles can recombine
into new symbols.
100. Language is the symbolization
of effort.
101. Language depends for its force
upon the force which accompanied
its definition.

[Note: Counter-effort, not language, is aberrative.]

109. Behavior is modified
by Counter-Efforts which have
impinged on the Organism.
115. SELF-DETERMINISM is
the Theta Control of the Organism.
116. A SELF-DETERMINED EFFORT
is that Counter-Effort
which has been received
into the Organism in the Past
and integrated
into the organism
for its Conscious Use.
116. A SELF-DETERMINED EFFORT is
that Counter-Effort which has been
received into the Organism in the Past
and integrated into the organism
for its Conscious Use.
117. The components of Self-Determinism
are AFFINITY, COMMUNICATION,
and REALITY.

[THE EIGHT DYNAMICS: The Eight Levels
on which we Exist:

1. Self; 2. Family; 3. Groups;
4. All Mankind; 5. All Living Things;
6. The MEST (Matter, Energy, Space, Time-
i.e. PHYSICAL) Universe; 7. Spirits; 8. God.]

118. An Organism cannot
become aberrated unless
it has AGREED-UPON that Aberration,
has been IN COMMUNICATION WITH
a Source of Aberration,
and has HAD AFFINITY FOR
the Aberrator.
119. Agreement with any Source,
contra- or pro-Survival,
postulates a New Reality
for the organism.
121. Every Thought has been preceded
by Physical Action.
122. The Mind does with Thought
as it has done with entities
in the Physical Universe.
127. All perceptions reaching
the organism's sense channels
are recorded and stored by Theta Facsimile.

Definition: Perception is the process
of recording data from
the Physical Universe and storing it
as a Theta Facsimile.

Definition: Recall is the process
of regaining Perceptions.
128. Any organism can recall
everything which it has perceived.

. THE EIGHT DYNAMICS:

1. SELF; 2. FAMILY; 3. GROUPS; 4. ALL MANKIND; 5. ALL LIVING THINGS; 6. THE MEST (Matter, Energy, Space, Time - i.e. PHYSICAL) UNIVERSE; 32. SPIRITS; 40. GOD.

. THE EIGHT LEVELS OF LIFE FORCE.

1. ALPHA, the 7th Heaven.
2. BETA, the 6th Heaven.
3. GAMMA, the 5th Heaven.
4. DELTA, the 4th Heaven.
5. EPSILON, the 3rd Heaven.
6. ZETA, the 2nd Heaven.
7. ETA, the 1st Heaven.
8. THETA, the Earth Universe.

[See: SCIENTOLOGY 0-8: The Book of Basics, by L. Ron Hubbard (1970).]

. THE NINE TIME VECTORS.

PAST to PAST; PAST to PRESENT; PAST to FUTURE.
PRESENT to PAST; PRESENT to PRESENT; PRESENT to FUTURE.
FUTURE to PAST; FUTURE to PRESENT; FUTURE to FUTURE.

[See: EXCALIBUR REVISITED, by Geoffrey Filbert.]

Therefore, I say that, whereas EVERLASTING LIFE is the ability to LIVE FOR EVER, without DYING, being a constant channel, even Source of Life Energy that cannot be depleted- consistent with Carlos Castaneda's FIRE FROM WITHIN- which only I call THE TEN TALENTS OF POWER- ETERNAL Life is the conscious Awareness that one has always lived, and will always live- as an extension of GOD: THE FATHER.

No Christian Theologians would have ever publicly declared that LORD YESHUA WAS THE PRODIGAL SON OF GOD.

God created THE LOGOS in order to operate in Space/Time.

Since Time- as we know It- does not exist where He is.

At some point, GOD: THE FATHER tells GOD: THE WORD to go to Earth, and live as a Man. The Human Race Prophets can thus be perceived as His attempts to avoid doing that. Lord Yeshua was His Final Attempt.

THE LOGOS is consistent with the elder son who told his father, "I go, sir!" but didn't go; Lord Yeshua is consistent with the junior son, who said he would not go, but later took that back, and went.

On Earth he depleted his Divine Life Force partying with harlots and drunkards- that is people who enjoyed his miracles and teachings, but never learned and advanced.

He therefore prepared to return to Heaven in a deplorable condition, whereas GOD: THE FATHER immediately upon perceiving him, restored his full Divine Status, and forced his reconciliation with GOD: THE LOGOS- Who had some... colourful objections to taking him back.

This is a digression from your main issue. I bring it up to emphasize the huge gap between what I know, and what you think you know.

. GENESIS 1:26-28.

26. And God Said,
"Let us make Man in Our Image, after Our Likeness:
and let them have Dominion over the Fish of the Sea,
and over the Fowl of the Air,
and over the Cattle,
and over all the Earth,
and over every Creeping Thing
that Creepeth upon the Earth.
27. So God created Man
in His Own Image,
in The Image of God
created He him;
male and female
created He them.
28. And God Blessed them,
and God said unto them,
"Be fruitful, and multiply,
and replenish the Earth,
and subdue It:
and have Dominion
over the Fish of the Sea,
and over the Fowl of the Air,
and over every Living Thing
that moveth upon the Earth.”

EARTH IS NOT THE KINGDOM OF GOD: GOD GAVE EARTH TO MAN TO RULE.

God rules Heaven.

. ECCLESIASTES 8:1-5.

WHO is as the wise man?
And who knoweth
the interpretation of a thing?
A man's wisdom
maketh his face to shine,
and the boldness of his face
shall be changed.
2. I counsel thee
to keep
the king's commandment,
and that in regard
of the Oath of God.
3. Be not hasty
to go out of his sight:
stand not in an Evil Thing;
for he doeth
whatsoever pleaseth him.
4. Where the word of a king is,
there is power:
and who may say unto him,

"WHAT DOEST THOU?"

5. Whoso keepeth the commandment
shall feel no evil thing:
and a wise man's heart
discerneth both Time and Judgment.

THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS WHEREVER HEAVEN'S LAW IS RESPECTED.

. MARK 1:14-15.

14. Now after that
John was put in prison,
Jesus came into Galilee,
preaching The Gospel
of the Kingdom of God,
15. And Saying,

"The time is fulfilled,
and The Kingdom of God
is at hand:
Repent ye,
and believe The Gospel."

. MATTHEW 5:1-3.

AND seeing the multitudes,
he went up into a mountain:
and when he was set,
his Disciples came unto him:
2. And he opened his mouth,
and Taught them,
Saying,

3. "Blessed are the Poor in Spirit:
for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven."

.. MATTHEW 5:16-20.

16. "Let your light
so shine before men,
that they may see
your Good Works,
and glorify your Father
Which is in Heaven.
17. "Think not
that I am come
to destroy The Law,
or The Prophets:
I am not come to destroy,
but to fulfil.
18. "For verily I Say unto you,

'TILL HEAVEN
AND EARTH PASS,
ONE JOT OR ONE TITTLE
SHALL IN NO WISE
PASS FROM THE LAW,
TILL ALL BE FULFILLED.'

19. "Whosoever therefore
shall break one of these
least Commandments,
and shall teach men so,
he shall be called the least
in The Kingdom of Heaven:
but whosoever shall
do and teach them,
the same shall be called great
in The Kingdom of Heaven.
20. "For I Say unto you,

'THAT EXCEPT YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS
SHALL EXCEED THE RIGHTEOUSNESS
OF THE SCRIBES AND PHARISEES,
YE SHALL IN NO CASE
ENTER INTO
THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.' "

. MATTHEW 6:9-10.

9. "After this manner
therefore pray ye:

'Our Father
Which art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
10. 'Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done in Earth,
As (It is) in Heaven.' "

. MATTHEW 10:7-10.

7. "And as ye go,
preach, saying,

'THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN
IS AT HAND.'

8. "HEAL the SICK,
CLEANSE the LEPERS,
RAISE the DEAD,
CAST out DEVILS:
freely ye have received,
freely give."

LORD YESHUA GAVE HIS DISCIPLES THE AUTHORITY OF HEAVEN TO BE IMPLEMENTED ON THE EARTH.

. MATTHEW 16:13-20.

13. When Jesus came
into the coasts of
Caesarea Philippi,
he asked his Disciples,
Saying,

"Whom do men say that I
The Son of Man am?"

14. And they said,

"Some say that thou
art John the Baptist:
some, Elias;
and others, Jeremias,
or one of the Prophets."

15. He Saith unto them,

"But whom say ye
that I am?"

16. And Simon Peter
answered and said,

"Thou art the Christ,
The Son of The Living God."

17. And Jesus Answered
and Said unto him,

"Blessed art thou,
Simon Barjona:
for Flesh and Blood hath not
Revealed It unto thee,
but my Father
Which is in Heaven.
18. "And I Say also unto thee,

'THAT THOU ART PETER,
AND UPON UPON THIS ROCK
I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH;
AND THE GATES OF HELL
SHALL NOT PREVAIL IT.'

19. "And I will give unto thee
The Keys of
The Kingdom of Heaven:
and whatsoever
thou shalt bind on Earth
shall be bound in Heaven:
and whatsoever
thou shalt loose on Earth
shall be loosed in Heaven."

20. Then charged he
his Disciples
that they should tell no man
that he was Jesus The Christ.

NO ONE ELSE IN NAIRALAND BELIEVES THAT LORD YESHUA GAVE NO PERMISSION TO TELL ANY MAN THAT HE IS THE CHRIST.

Therefore, you cannot believe that Christians inherit Heaven as well as the Earth.

. MATTHEW 18:15-20.

15. "Moreover if thy Brother
shall trespass against thee,
go and tell him his fault
between thee and him alone:
if he shall hear thee,
thou hast gained thy Brother.
16. "But if he will not hear thee,
then take with thee one or two more,

'THAT IN THE MOUTH
OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES
EVERY WORD
MAY BE ESTABLISHED.'

17. "And if he shall neglect
to hear them,
tell it unto the Church:
but if he neglect to hear the Church,
let him be unto thee
as an Heathen man and a Publican.
18. "Verily I Say unto you,

'WHATSOEVER YE SHALL
BIND ON EARTH
SHALL BE BOUND IN HEAVEN:
AND WHATSOEVER YE SHALL
LOOSE ON EARTH
SHALL BE LOOSED IN HEAVEN.'

19. "Again I Say unto you,

'THAT IF TWO OF YOU
SHALL AGREE ON EARTH
AS TOUCHING ANY THING
THAT THEY SHALL ASK,
IT SHALL BE DONE FOR THEM
OF MY FATHER
WHICH IS IN HEAVEN.'

20. "For where two or three
are gathered together
in my Name,
there am I
in the midst of them."

NONE OF YOU COULD SAY ANYTHING, BECAUSE NOT ONLY DO NONE OF YOU KNOW GOD, NONE OF YOU WANT TO KNOW HIM, EITHER.

One does not acquire The Truth of God to hide It.

cornelboy:

I can't say I'm pure in heart, only God can judge that. Is anyone even pure?

IT IS THE DUTY OF EVERY CHRISTIAN TO POLICE THE PURITY OF HEART OF THE BRETHREN.[/b]

In SCIENTOLOGY, there are special counselors to assess PURITY OF HEART, called AUDITORS. They use a technique the founder ripped off from two chapters of The Bible.

. LEVITICUS 11:1-47.
. MATTHEW 18:1-35.
. EPISTLE OF BARNABAS 9:1-20.
. EPISTLE OF BARNABAS 10:11-12.

The Goal of Auditing is to enable the preCLEAR to locate and remove all "impurities" in their heart- called ENGRAMS.

These cause people to do things against their Will. There is a point in time these things were inserted into our Minds.

Those points can be located.

The ENGRAMS can be removed

The heart can be purified.

cornelboy:

One main criteria for inheriting The kingdom is being baptized by the holy spirit (born again).

[i]BORN AGAIN,
IN NORTHERN ARAMAIC, MEANS, "TO CHANGE ONE'S THOUGHTS AND HABITS." NICODEMUS SPOKE SOUTHERN ARAMAIC, AND HENCE DID NOT UNDERSTAND JESUS.

(Footnote to JOHN 3:3,5 in the GEORGE LAMSA PESHITTA Bible- now available online and as an App.)

Being Baptized with The Holy Ghost is NOT being BORN AGAIN.

Being BORN AGAIN involves TOTAL RECALL of all the ENGRAMS inserted PRENTALLY, and their subsequent removal.

[See: DIANETICS: The Modern Science of Mental Health, by L. Ron Hubbard (1950).
SELF ANALYSIS, by L. Ron Hubbard (1951).]

cornelboy:

So if your poor in spirit or pure in heart and are not baptized by the holy spirit, you can't inherit the kingdom.

BEING POOR IN SPIRIT, MEANS BEING WEAK AND INCOMPETENT; BEING PURE IN HEART MEANS HAVING NO MENTAL MALFUNCTIONS, DOUBTS, DISORDERS, DIVERSIONARY IMPULSES- WHICH ARE CAUSED BY ENGRAMS.

Lord Yeshua rebuilds us "from the ground-up:" we do not remain in those states.

cornelboy:

Am I a meek? I'm not sure.

"MEEK" IS NOT A NOUN: IT IS AN ADJECTIVE.

A meek PERSON is one who does not impose their will upon others. Does not challenge their opinions. Accepts Judgments without resistance.

THEY SUBMIT TO APPROPRIATE AUTHORITY.

cornelboy:

NO "MAYBE" ABOUT THAT!

cornelboy:

THAT IS BECAUSE YOU STAND FOR NOTHING RIGHTEOUS.

cornelboy:

One main criteria for inheriting the kingdom is being baptized by the holy spirit (born again).

THAT IS NOT WHAT "BORN AGAIN" MEANS.

cornelboy:

A KINGDOM IS INHERITED AFTER THE DEMISE OF ITS KING.

The King keeping Heaven and Earth from us is SATAN.

We must defeat HIM to inherit anything.

Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by cornelboy(f): 7:29pm On Apr 08, 2022
oaroloye:
MISHIGAS!

[b]AS USUAL, EVERYONE IGNORES THE ONE PERSON WHO HAS ALL THE CORRECT ANSWERS!/b]

Eminikan tan ko sí wahala
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by cornelboy(f): 8:04pm On Apr 08, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Try reading the text below without your tinted spectacles. cool

Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (For we walk by faith, not by sight) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of Him
(2 Corinthians 5:6–9).

Sorry who were the "we" I'm that verse?
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by cornelboy(f): 8:26pm On Apr 08, 2022
Emusan:

You people are very funny

So Jesus was lying to the man that, the man will be with him in Paradise when Jesus Himself won't be in the same Paradise but heaven cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

So Jesus was giving the man false hope and also lying that he would be with him in paradise (which according to you is heaven) that same day but actually both of them ended in hell/grave.

Pls is the grave same as paradise?

After Jesus's resurrection he lived here on earth for another forty days.
Today wey Jesus promised the thief still never end?
Or is earth now heaven?

You see your interpretation and reasoning is very incoherent.

Even if Jesus went to heaven that same day he died, there's no way the thief could be with him.

Reasons:
1. He was not born again i.e baptized by the spirit or born of the spirit.
2. The holy spirit came more than 43 days after Jesus's death.

In conclusion Jesus was talking about the future earth paradise smiley
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by achorladey: 9:00pm On Apr 08, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

In short you have no further questions so keep your opinion while i keep mine!

If a group of people called themselves "GOVERNING BODY" i believe you should know that such title will never have come all the way from America to your house if there are no followers revering them as they claim.
So we call them "GOVERNING BODY" because we agreed totally with them.
For your information "Jesus the son of Joseph and Mary" is what most Jews call Jesus till tomorrow but the young man claimed that he is the Christ that's why many call him "Jesus Christ" a Jew practicing Judaism will never call Jesus "Christ" WHY? Because he doesn't believe in whatever Jesus says.
So we call them GOVERNING BODY because we are fully prepared to continue obeying them as our own GOVERNMENT globally! smiley

Type, read, process your thought before posting. Stop bringing illustrations and examples that does not CORRELATE. See below

For your information "Jesus the son of Joseph and Mary" is what most Jews call Jesus till tomorrow but the young man claimed that he is the Christ that's why many call him "Jesus Christ" a Jew practicing Judaism will never call Jesus "Christ" WHY? Because he doesn't believe in whatever Jesus says.[/quo

[quote]If a group of people called themselves "GOVERNING BODY" i believe you should know that such title will never have come all the way from America to your house if there are no followers revering them as they claim.

Compare the highlight above with your NWT Matthew 1:

20 But after he had thought these things over, look! Jehovah’s* angel appeared to him in a dream, saying: “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take your wife Mary home, for what has been conceived* in her is by holy spirit.+ 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to name him Jesus,*+ for he will save his people from their sins.”+ 22 All of this actually came about to fulfill what was spoken by Jehovah* through his prophet, saying: 23 “Look! The virgin will become pregnant and will give birth to a son, and they will name him Im·manʹu·el,”+ which means, when translated, “With Us Is God.”+

You can see from the scripture above Jesus didn't go about shouting I am Jesus. Before he was born those on earth are already aware. To make it more laughable, yours is a governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses Not Governing body of Christians since in reality no one believes that their is a governing body of Christians all over the world grin grin grin

So we call them GOVERNING BODY because we are fully prepared to continue obeying them as our own GOVERNMENT globally

You call them Governing body because they asked you to call them so. No where in the Bible we're you asked to call them governing body. Nobody call Peter, Paul, Jude James or whoever governing body or governing body member.
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:22pm On Apr 08, 2022
achorladey:

Type, read, process your thought before posting. Stop bringing illustrations and examples that does not CORRELATE. See below

I have told you what we believe, i'm not forcing it on you so keep your opinion while i keep mine! smiley

1 Like

Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by cornelboy(f): 11:24pm On Apr 08, 2022
That means neither kingdom of heaven or Paradise earth is sure for you.
Only Jehovah knows that.
Anyways, I Know your abode is the same with JWs father the Devil which is lake of fire. grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Sorry lake of fire is symbolic not a literal place.

So Jesus is lying in Matt 5 that those poor in spirit and persecuted for righteousness will inherit the kingdom of heaven grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Learn under people wey know, ona no gree.
Okay go learn on your own, ona no understand. Oga gan o.

Weren't the disciples of Jesus persecuted?
Are they not peacemakers?
Were their heart not pure?
Were they not poor in spirit (but they were strengthen with the holy spirit)?
Were they not meek among them?

Keep changing mouth
That's what it seems to in your post.
It's now "SOME" when Jesus says "THOSE"
Are you telling me that just anyone that is a peacemaker or poor in spirit or persecuted for righteousness sake will inherit the kingdom even if he's a Muslim or from any other religion?
Learn baba.

All these just because you have donated your brain to those 8 Old lying men.
You go see reason for you too to donate your brain.

That means the person will inherit both kingdom of heaven and earth double inheritance grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Clap for yourself. You go still learn.

Yes He knows and already told us that THOSE who are pure in heart will see Him in other words inherit the kingdom of heaven and THOSE who are MEEK will inherit earth
What do you understand by inherit the earth?

Jesus didn't say they will see him o. He said they will see God.

I love this, that means Bible contradicts itself or you're the one who gave wrong interpretation cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

What's was the conclusion I gave you when you were saying your own?

You remember when I said "what is your point gangan?".

I said you were only proving that the Bible is a contradiction.
Emusan:

I will give you a brief conclusion on that chapter later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by oaroloye(m): 6:47am On Apr 09, 2022
We can only come into our inheritance after we have overthrown HIM.

What people have been calling "HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM" is certainly not what Lord Yeshua and The Prophets had.

cornelboy:

LORD YESHUA TOLD THE PEOPLE BEFORE HIM- WHO WERE BEING MEEK TO HIM- THAT THEY WOULD INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.

He did not promise that this who were meek to THE PHARISEES AND SADDUCEES would inherit The Kingdom of Heaven.

. THE TEN TALENTS OF POWER. (Matt. 25)

1. TOTAL RECALL.
2. EXTRASENSORY PERCEPTION.
3. TELEKINESIS.
4. TELEPORTATION.
5. TRANSLATION.
6-10. EVERLASTING LIFE.

. THE TEN POUNDS OF DOMINION. (Luke 19:11-27.)

1. THE ABOVE; 2. THE BELOW.
3. THE EARTH; 4. THE NETHER REALMS.
5. FIRE; 6. WATER.
7. THE MOVING; 8. THE STATIONARY.
9. THE LOUD; 10. THE SILENT.

[See: JOURNEY TO IXTLAN: The Lessons of Don Juan, by Carlos Castaneda (1973).
THE EAGLE'S GIFT, by Carlos Castaneda (1981).
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN, by Carlos Castaneda (1985).]

THESE ARE THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. Nothing else.

cornelboy:

Only God knows the reward for each person. It might be inheriting the earth or the kingdom of heaven.

YOU ARE JUST BABBLING NONSENSE, PRETENDING TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!

cornelboy:

There are other verses in the Bible that say the righteous will inherit the earth.

PEOPLE TELLING US THAT THE BIBLE SAYS THINGS, WITHOUT SHOWING US, ARE USUALLY DECEIVING US.

.    MATTHEW 5:1-26.

AND seeing the multitudes,
he went up into a mountain:
and when he was set,
his Disciples came unto him:
2. And he opened his mouth,
and Taught them,
Saying,

3. "Blessed are
the Poor in spirit:
for theirs is The Kingdom of Heaven.
4. "Blessed are
they that mourn:
for they shall be comforted.
5. "Blessed are
the meek:
for they shall inherit the Earth.
6. "Blessed are
they which do
hunger and thirst
after Righteousness:
for they shall be filled.
7. "Blessed are
the merciful:
for they shall obtain mercy.
8. "Blessed are
the pure in heart:
for they shall see God.
9. "Blessed are
the Peacemakers:
for they shall be called

'THE CHILDREN OF GOD.'

10. "Blessed are
they which are persecuted
for Righteousness' sake:
for theirs is
The Kingdom of Heaven.
11. "Blessed are ye,
when men shall revile you,
and persecute you,
and shall say
all manner of evil
against you falsely,
for my sake.
12. "Rejoice,
and be exceeding glad:
for Great is
your Reward in Heaven:
for so persecuted they the Prophets
which were before you.
13. "Ye are
the Salt of the Earth:
but if the salt
have lost his savour,
wherewith shall it be salted?
it is thenceforth
good for nothing,
but to be cast out,
and to be
trodden under foot of men.
14. "Ye are
the Light of the World.
A city that is set on an hill
cannot be hid.
15. "Neither do men
light a candle,
and put it under a bushel,
but on a candlestick;
and it giveth light
unto all that are in the house.
16. “Let your light
so shine before men,
that they may see
your Good Works,
and glorify your Father
Which is in Heaven.
17. "Think not that I am come
 to destroy The Law, or The Prophets:
 I am not come to destroy,
but to fulfil.
18. "For verily I Say unto you,

'TILL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS,
ONE JOT OR ONE TITTLE SHALL IN NO WISE
 PASS FROM THE LAW,
 TILL ALL BE FULFILLED.'

19. "Whosoever therefore
shall break one
of these least Commandments,
and shall teach men so,
he shall be called The Least
in The Kingdom of Heaven:
but whosoever shall do
and teach them,
the same shall
be called Great
in The Kingdom of Heaven.
20. "For I Say unto you,

'THAT EXCEPT YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS
SHALL EXCEED
THE RIGHTEOUSNESS
OF THE SCRIBES AND PHARISEES,
YE SHALL IN NO CASE
ENTER INTO
THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.'

21. "Ye have heard
that it was said of them
of Old Time,

'THOU SHALT NOT KILL;'

and

'WHOSOEVER SHALL KILL
SHALL BE IN DANGER
OF THE JUDGMENT:'

22. "But I Say unto you,

'THAT WHOSOEVER IS ANGRY
WITH HIS BROTHER
WITHOUT A CAUSE
SHALL BE IN DANGER
OF THE JUDGMENT:'

and whosoever shall say to his Brother,

'RACA,'

shall be in danger of the Council:
but whosoever shall say,

'THOU FOOL,'

shall be in danger of Hell Fire.
23. "Therefore if thou
bring thy Gift to the Altar,
and there rememberest
that thy brother hath ought against thee;
24. "Leave there thy Gift
before the Altar,
and go thy way;
first be reconciled
to thy brother,
and then come
and offer thy Gift.
25. "Agree with thine
Adversary quickly,
whiles thou art
in the way with him;
lest at any time
the Adversary
deliver thee to the Judge,
and the Judge deliver thee
to the Officer,
and thou be cast into Prison.
26. "Verily I Say unto thee,

'THOU SHALT BY NO MEANS
COME OUT THENCE,
TILL THOU HAST PAID
THE UTTERMOST FARTHING.' "

IMAGINE SOMEONE BEING SO FOOLISH, AS TO HATE LONG SCRIPTURAL QUOTATIONS!

Preferring to be ignorant of the Will of God they do not want to know about, while speculating uselessly on what The Truth might be- because they have no intention of applying anything, to achieve an actual RESULT!

Yet, Maximus the Mad has said to ME:

maximus99:

Your Church taught you and my Church taught me, you'll continue to quote while i'll also continue to quote, so if you're not stupid you should know that only God can declare the one who is right!

THE SPIRIT OF GOD GUIDES MY KNOWLEDGE!

Lying Colonial/Imperialist, Anti-Independence Racists guide MaxInDHouse.

These say that ADAM, EVE, AVRAHAM, YITZAK, YACUB, MOSES, LORD YESHUA, THE TWELVE, and PAUL were all OYINBOS LIKE THEM.

When they only said that since the 15th Century.

These people are terrified that they will have to admit that the Saviour of the World was a BLACK man, not a WHITE man!

White people cannot stay exposed to the sunlight of Israel for very long, because THEIR SKIN WILL BURN, and with prolonged exposure, DEVELOP CANCER.

The "Jews" do not come from ISRAEL, EGYPT, nor BABYLON, but a kingdom called KHAZARIA- which is now called UKRAINE.

[See: THE PROTOCOLS OF THE LEARNED ELDERS OF ZION (1897).
THE INTERNATIONAL JEW: The World's Most Foremost Problem, by Henry Ford (1927).
THE THIRTEENTH TRIBE, by Arthur Koestler (1970).
THE INVENTION OF THE JEWISH PEOPLE, by Shlomo Sand (2008).]

Any TOM, DICK, or HARRY can call themselves a "JEW."

. ESTHER 8:7.

17. And in every province,
and in every city,
whithersoever the king's commandment
and his decree came,
the Jews had joy and gladness,
a feast and a good day.
And many of the people of the land became Jews;
for the fear of the Jews fell upon them.

The greatest secret in Western Christianity is that LORD YESHUA AND THE HEBREW PEOPLE WERE ALL BLACKS.

The most recognizable face in the World, the face of "JESUS OF NAZARETH" is based on LEONARDO da VINCI'S depiction of Jesus in THE LAST SUPPER mural.

His model was a man called CESARE BORGIA- the illegitimate son of RODRIGO BORGIA, who ascended to being POPE ALEXANDER VI.

This was a very interesting time period, because it had just been decided, by the OYINBOS people, to STOP RESPECTING THE BLACK PEOPLES.

They had just invented the letter "J," so there was no such thing as "JEHOVAH," "JOSHUA," 'JERUSALEM," "JOHN," or "JESUS," but rather, YAHWEH, YESHUA, YASHARAYLIM, YOCHANNAN, and YESHUA.

They split the English Church from Roman Catholicism, but all agreed together, to seize the HEBREW LEGACY, and start pretending that Bible History was about WHITE people.

THIS IS VERY SERIOUS, BECAUSE AN OYINBO DREAM HAS BEEN TO EXTERMINATE EVERY OTHER BRANCH OF HUMANITY, UNTIL ONLY THEY REMAIN.

Which Dream is now a feasible Reality. Engineered Diseases can target specific Races, while leaving their own intact.

[See: AN ESSAY ON THE PRINCIPLE OF POPULATION, by Thomas Malthus (1798).
ON THE ORIGIN OF SPECIES BY MEANS OF NATURAL SELECTION, OR THE PRESERVATION OF FAVOURED RACES IN THE STRUGGLE FOR LIFE (1859).
THE DESCENT OF MAN, AND SELECTION IN RELATION TO SEX, by Charles Darwin (1871).
HEREDITARY GENIUS, by Sir Francis Galton (1869).
ECOSCIENCE: Population, Resources, Environment, by John P. Holdren, Paul R. Ehrlich, Ann H. Ehrlich (1977).
THE ANGLICAN BOOK OF COMMON PRAYER (1549).
THE BOOKS OF HOMILIES, by John Jewel and Thomas Cranmer (1547).
THE TWO BOOKS OF HOMILIES APPOINTED TO BE READ IN CHURCHES (1859).
CONFESSIONS OF AN ECONOMIC HIT MAN, by John Perkins (2004).
ALBERTO, by Jack T. Chick.
DOUBLE-CROSS, by Jack T. Chick.
THE GODFATHERS, by Jack T. Chick.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj8f7ycnUtU

CHARLES DARWIN not only said that the Human Race had evolved from a common ancestor with APES, he also said that there are 58 Human Races, all at various levels of Evolution, AND THAT THE OLDER HUMAN RACES WERE EVOLVING BACKWARDS INTO ANIMALS.

He said that the "FULL-HUMANS" will have to DESTROY the "HALF-HUMANS," who do not deserve to share the Earth's resources.

An OYINBO who was awarded BEST SCHOOLTEACHER in NEW YORK STATE- exposed the fact that THIS IS WHAT EUROPEAN OYINBOS WERE TAUGHT AT THE RULERSHIP LEVEL, AND THAT THINKING IS WHAT GUIDES THEIR FOREIGN POLICIES.

Six years later, he was dead.

cornelboy:

That doesn't implies that all the righteous will inherit the earth.

YOU THINK THAT GOD WITHHOLDS THE PLACE HE CREATED MAN FOR FROM THE RIGHTEOUS- THAT IS HOW CONFUSED AND IGNORANT YOU ARE.

cornelboy:

Of course some will inherit the kingdom of heaven.

WITHOUT INHERITING HEAVEN, ONE HAS NO AUTHORITY ON THE EARTH!

. JOHN 3:27.

27. John answered and said,

"A man can receive nothing,
except it be given him
from Heaven."

cornelboy:

NO "MAYBE" ABOUT THAT!

cornelboy:

THAT IS BECAUSE YOU STAND FOR NOTHING RIGHTEOUS.

cornelboy:

THAT IS NOT WHAT "BORN AGAIN" MEANS.

cornelboy:

A KINGDOM IS INHERITED AFTER THE DEMISE OF ITS FORMER KING.

The King who is keeping Heaven and Earth from us is SATAN.

We can only come into our inheritance after we have overthrown HIM.

cornelboy:

cornelboy:

YOU ARE JUST BABBLING NONSENSE, PRETENDING TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!

cornelboy:

There are other verses in the Bible that say the righteous will inherit the earth.

PEOPLE TELLING US THAT THE BIBLE SAYS THINGS, WITHOUT SHOWING US, ARE USUALLY DECEIVING US.

cornelboy:

That doesn't implies that all the righteous will inherit the earth.

YOU THINK THAT GOD WITHHOLDS THE PLACE HE CREATED MAN FOR FROM THE RIGHTEOUS- THAT IS HOW CONFUSED AND IGNORANT YOU ARE.

cornelboy:

Of course some will inherit the kingdom of heaven.

WITHOUT INHERITING HEAVEN, ONE HAS NO AUTHORITY ON THE EARTH!

. JOHN 3:27.

27. John answered and said,

"A man can receive nothing,
except it be given him
from Heaven."
Re: What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:17am On Apr 09, 2022
oaroloye:

THE SPIRIT OF GOD GUIDES MY KNOWLEDGE!

This is what everyone will say so stop deceiving yourself, your church taught you just as my church taught me, only God can approve the right church.
If you're not ready to accept what Jesus said about the FRUIT of pure worship then your argument is of no practical sense because many can argue but there's nothing to show for their worthless, fruitless and useless arguments! 1Timothy 6:4; Titus 3:9

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Copy And Paste This On ALL Muslim Stories! Flood Them With The Truth!!!!! / Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? / Is Midnight Prayer More Effective Than Day Time ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 207
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.