Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Will Smith Tearfully Apologises After Slapping Chris Rock(video) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Will Smith Tearfully Apologises After Slapping Chris Rock(video) (384 Views)

Mohbad's Dad Told Suspect Primeboy To Run Away – Singer's Mum Tearfully Narrates / Falz Slams Senator Abbo Over 'Democracy Award' After Slapping A Woman / Bovi Apologises After Insulting Daddy Freeze on Twitter. He reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Smith Tearfully Apologises After Slapping Chris Rock(video) by Ababbio: 9:06am On Mar 28, 2022
Earlier thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7050473/smith-slaps-chris-rock-after

Will Smith has apologised for storming the Oscars stage to slap Chris Rock after the presenter made a joke about his wife Jada Pinkett-Smith, Newspremises reports.

After the slap, Will won Best Actor for his portrayal of Richard Williams, tennis champions Venus and Serena Williams' father, in "King Richard".

This is Will's first Academy Award and he used his acceptance speech to defend storming onto the Oscars stage and slapping presenter Chris Rock.

He began: "Richard Williams was a fierce defender of his family. In this time in my life, in this moment I am overwhelmed by what God is calling on me to do."

He continued: "I'm being called on in my life to love people and to protect people and to be a river to my people."

Then Smith apologized to the academy, his family, and to his fellow nominees, but not to Rock.

He added that when you love someone, you do crazy things for them.

He then added: "Art imitates life. I look like the crazy father. But love will make you do crazy things."

Meanwhile, the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) has reacted. They said they are aware of the slap but Chris Rock "has declined to file a police report".

Watch his apology in the video below:

[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enp6Z3a0TVY][/url]

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/will-smith-tearfully-apologises-after-slapping-chris-rock-for-making-joke-about-his-wife-as-the-police-reacts-to-the-altercation-video/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

Re: Will Smith Tearfully Apologises After Slapping Chris Rock(video) by Totilopussylick(m): 9:07am On Mar 28, 2022
This man can be so emotional cheesy

After you punch the talkative on stage, na you still come the cry cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Will Smith Tearfully Apologises After Slapping Chris Rock(video) by MITCHELL96: 9:11am On Mar 28, 2022
He needed to, Chris Rock was just joking, it's his work, comedians can do anything just to make the audience laugh, they can use you or anybody close to you as the laughing stock grin

It was Will Smith's wife facial impression that triggered this, she looked disturbed, the werey that was laughing at the joke now stood up and slapped this innocent man now grin

If it pained him, he would have low-key talked to Chris to stop or not try such again rather than slapping him

And Chris Rock was so professional, he even cracked another joke immediately he got slapped, his face only changed when will smith sat back and started saying he should keep his wife's name outta his fvcking mouth, that was when he knew Will was fvcking serious grin

Crying to apologise to your fellow man makes no sense, I thought will smith was a hard man ? undecided just like he was in his movies ? grin

Na now I sabi say Smith na Simp on a low-key oo, Chai! grin he been dey use him movies whine us
Re: Will Smith Tearfully Apologises After Slapping Chris Rock(video) by house10s2: 9:12am On Mar 28, 2022
he didn't apologise to chris rock
Re: Will Smith Tearfully Apologises After Slapping Chris Rock(video) by Soulsymbol99: 9:15am On Mar 28, 2022
Didn't know fresh prince na simp ooo
Re: Will Smith Tearfully Apologises After Slapping Chris Rock(video) by Nbotee(m): 9:32am On Mar 28, 2022
Which kind yeye woman wrapper this Will Smith be sef
Re: Will Smith Tearfully Apologises After Slapping Chris Rock(video) by thesicilian: 9:34am On Mar 28, 2022
It's never a good idea to take spur of the moment decisions.
That's why revenge is a dish best served cold.

(1) (Reply)

Chrisland School Girl's Mother Made A Shocking Revelation Over The Leaked Intima / Actress, Mercy Johnson-okojie Excited As Schools Reopen; Showers Prayers / 2baba Tattoos Names Of His Seven Children On His Arm (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.