Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,407 members, 7,812,204 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats (1092 Views)

Osun APC In Disarray, Leaders Going For Each Other's Throats With Counter Allega / The Two Foolish Governors Fighting Nnamdi Kanu Are Now At Each Other's Throats / Tinubu, Atiku At Each Other’s Throats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by VOICEofORIENTAL: 11:12am On Mar 28, 2022
An Igbo adage said: instead of me to lose my cow I better cuts its tail to compensate me for losing my cow.

I don't really think that the Yorubas & Igbos knows how dominant & powerful they would be in Nigeria if only they can unite.

This two big brothers have everything in thier hands..from education to wealth, population, human & mineral recourses, but because thier hands & attention are focused on each others throats thier goodies keep falling into the waiting hands of thier enemies.

I'm an Igbo man,I have lived in the north for over 30yrs.. the best friend of an Igbo person in the long-time is the Yorubas.

My reasons: The Yorubas cannot occupy or invade my land.

The Yorubas would not abduct my Igbo sisters & forcefully convert them to Islam.

The Yoruba man will not kill me because I'm dating his sister.. where as he's dating my own sisters.

The Yoruba man will not kill me & my brothers & sisters because of a cartoon in Denmark.

The Yoruba man respects the Holy books & the Constitution of the land.

The Yorubas educates thier women & allows thier women to be in position of authority.

The Yorubas are the most religious tolerant tribe in Nigeria.

The south west hosts the largest investment of Ndigbo in Nigeria

The Yorubas don't destroy bussinesses in the name of religion..yet eats from the proceeds.

Yorubas don't practice monarchy system of government.

Finally, this reasons are vice versa except in few areas
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by Obamaofusa: 11:16am On Mar 28, 2022
Yoruba practise monarchy.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by Tinubuadvocate: 11:26am On Mar 28, 2022
Yes before the pre colonial and sincerely the system is better than this oyinbo way of culture we called democracy.
Obamaofusa:

3 Likes

Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by Tinubuadvocate: 11:27am On Mar 28, 2022
Igbos must vote Tinubu it's a must I'm telling them this they need to reason with me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by umunaija: 11:32am On Mar 28, 2022
Igbo and Yoruba don't have any issue, forget what you see on nairaland, it's Igbo and Yoruba political supporters that has issue. Tinubu supporters vs PDP supporters. Apart from this set of people, there's no other issue, I have many neutral Yoruba friends here that can vote anyone that will move Nigeria forward. I can vote anyone irrespective of where the person is from, as long as I feel that he/she is competent.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by Kestolove(m): 11:39am On Mar 28, 2022
So Igbo nd Yoruba should unite against Hausa abi? Yoruba's are not fools to unite with snitch nd betrayers

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by heniford2: 11:40am On Mar 28, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:
An Igbo adage said: instead of me to lose my cow I better cuts its tail to compensate me for losing my cow.

I don't really think that the Yorubas & Igbos knows how dominant & powerful they would be in Nigeria if only they can unite.

This two big brothers have everything in thier hands..from education to wealth, population, human & mineral recourses, but because thier hands & attention are focused on each others throats thier goodies keep falling into the waiting hands of thier enemies.

I'm an Igbo man,I have lived in the north for over 30yrs.. the best friend of an Igbo person in the long-time is the Yorubas.

The Yorubas would not abduct my Igbo sisters & forcefully convert them to Islam.

The Yoruba man will not kill me because I'm dating his sister.. where as he's dating my own sisters.

The Yoruba man will not kill me & my brothers & sisters because of a cartoon in Denmark.

The Yorubas educates thier women & allows thier women to be in position of authority.

The Yorubas don't destroy bussinesses in the name of religion..yet eats from the proceeds.

lies yorubas are betrays, skull hunters, political enemy to Ndi igbo, come 2023 with SS on our side with North we will become president.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by chiefolododo(m): 11:40am On Mar 28, 2022
Personally, I love and cherish the eastern people of Nigeria.

The relationship can be stronger, though
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by heniford2: 11:41am On Mar 28, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
Igbos must vote Tinubu it's a must I'm telling them this they need to reason with me.

lets be watching naw grin
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by BigBabyJesus: 12:00pm On Mar 28, 2022
More like two agbayas who ruin it for everyone else.

These two stupid tribes account for a large share of Nigeria's woes.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by PresidentAtiku(m): 12:04pm On Mar 28, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:

Tinubu no go see 3% vote for SE. For our North he fit see 10%

1 Like

Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by VOICEofORIENTAL: 12:04pm On Mar 28, 2022
Obamaofusa:
You can say they practice it partly but not in full
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by TheNiceGuy(m): 12:08pm On Mar 28, 2022
Who dines with hatefully raised ethnic angry

We're totally different

1 Like

Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by Tinubuadvocate: 12:10pm On Mar 28, 2022
Stop contradicting yourself who make you a spokesperson over the good people of igbo? Our north .
PresidentAtiku:

1 Like

Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by SHINJA: 12:12pm On Mar 28, 2022
Wahala for who trust igbos angry

1 Like

Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by VOICEofORIENTAL: 12:23pm On Mar 28, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:

It's not a must.

Let the s/west select & bring their best.

Let the s/east select & bring their best.

If possible s/south also should bring their best also.

Nigerians will decide the best among the best... it's not about one individual.. it's about the best among the best
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by PresidentAtiku(m): 12:41pm On Mar 28, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
Stop contradicting yourself who make you a spokesperson over the good people of igbo? Our north .
I just dey pity you.... save the 2023 heartbreak and tears,.... Tinubu CANT RULE NIGERIA
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by mrvitalis(m): 12:45pm On Mar 28, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:

The only issue are the impure Yoruba with Fulani blood

Real yorubas and Igbos are united

1 Like

Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by VOICEofORIENTAL: 12:47pm On Mar 28, 2022
umunaija:
Igbo and Yoruba don't have any issue, forget what you see on nairaland, it's Igbo and Yoruba political supporters that has issue. Tinubu supporters vs PDP supporters. Apart from this set of people, there's no other issue, I have many neutral Yoruba friends here that can vote anyone that will move Nigeria forward. I can vote anyone irrespective of where the person is from, as long as I feel that he/she is competent.
Honestly this is my prayers
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by VOICEofORIENTAL: 12:52pm On Mar 28, 2022
Kestolove:
So Igbo nd Yoruba should unite against Hausa abi? Yoruba's are not fools to unite with snitch nd betrayers
The Igbos & Yorubas would not unite against the hausas, they will only unite in other to assume thier RIGHTFUL POSITION IN NIGERIA
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by Rugaria: 12:55pm On Mar 28, 2022
Igbo has never fought Yoruba.
Yorubas are the one fighting igbos since the 60, using the excuse of a failed coup organized by both Igbo and Yoruba officers!
Igbos never stopped Abiolas presidency, never stopped Obasanjo presidency, never stopped shonekans presidency. Igbos live in Lagos peacefully and contribute their own quotas there. Igbos in government never stopped anything deu to the yorubas. Igbos never insulted the yorubas as we have seen different Yoruba traditional and political leaders do.

I still don't understand how an Igbo mans aspiration to lead the country after more than half a century, can be whimsically construed as a fight between the igbos and the yorubas. The yorubas have ruled this country and their biggest opponents have never been igbos.. Igbos invest heavily in Yoruba land! Yorubas don't have any significant investments in Igbo land. Yoruba boys marry Igbo gals at will, but Yoruba gals are told by their folks that igbos are ritualists. That's while Ogun State remains the ritual capital of the world!
So who is fighting who?

6 Likes

Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by BSdetective: 12:56pm On Mar 28, 2022
Imagine Ghana and Nigeria were forced to be a country, that's the issue with nigeria.

The cold war between igbos and Yoruba's is born out of a forced marriage called nigeria. Igbos and Yoruba's may tolerate each other but it doesn't equate mutual respect. Both tribe share almost nothing in common except for their skin color and prior to the 1700s never inter mingled with each other. But for the sake of practicality and necessity it's important they unite politically on a regional front to push for restructuring with their counterparts in the SS/NC. In the long run I believe that a healthy competition between these tribes will spur africa to greatness.
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by Kestolove(m): 12:57pm On Mar 28, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:
The Igbos & Yorubas would not unite against the hausas, they will only unite in other to assume thier RIGHTFUL POSITION IN NIGERIA
Yoruba's are already in rightful position in Nigeria nd by next year we are taking over aso rock....Igbo's should face their problem na stop looking for who dey will drag into their misfortune

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by Odin13: 1:54pm On Mar 28, 2022
Op be like your brain no correct

And you be like Yoruba man.. how on earth am igbo man calling for peace .. with his killers
Very ridiculous

Know it today.
Whatever you see on Nairaland is the real world
You young igbos don’t know your enemies that the truth.. the Biafra war washed you guys into beliwveing the Northern Nigeria is your enemy because of religious different

No worries one day you will come back and rewrite this
You will experience them Yoruba first hand.

Do you if know what is tribalism ?

Till you understand the meaning of tribalism then you will start understanding Yoruba people

Yoruba that will never allow you speak igbo in their presence.. yes try it when you’re with your Yoruba friends and look at their faces .. just pretend you dey answer call for igbo.

Una go wake up lass lass ..

2 Likes

Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by VOICEofORIENTAL: 2:21pm On Mar 28, 2022
heniford2:
lies yorubas are betrays, skull hunters, political enemy to Ndi igbo, come 2023 with SS on our side with North we will become president.
No tribe, tradition, culture or race that is perfect, only God is.

However, beside the wrong perception created by stories of the past among us, share your personal experience with the Yorubas.. share it with the fear of GOD.

The worst form of BETRAYAL is the stranger or migrant who finally occupies our land & installed an emir in place of our Eze's.

The worst form of BETRAYAL is abducting my sister & forcefully converting her to another religion.

The worst form of BETRAYAL is dating my sister's, but kills me for dating his sister.

The worst form of BETRAYAL is killing & burning down our houses & bussinesses because of a cartoon in Denmark.

Which other BETRAYAL is worse than Muric's bauchi chapter statement against the RCCG... would Muric issue this kind of statement in 2014 or 2015?

Don't allow wrong perception to define your future

Yorubas not our political enemies:if you accuse Yorubas as your political enemies what would you say of the north?
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by ablejesus26(m): 2:25pm On Mar 28, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:

If you are talking about equity and rotation sharing then you should do it well.
Tinubu should support a Se candidate and step down.
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by heniford2: 2:27pm On Mar 28, 2022
[s]
VOICEofORIENTAL:
No tribe, tradition, culture or race that is perfect, only God is.

However, beside the wrong perception created by stories of the past among us, share your personal experience with the Yorubas.. share it with the fear of GOD.

The worst form of BETRAYAL is the stranger or migrant who finally occupies our land & installed an emir in place of our Eze's.

The worst form of BETRAYAL is abducting my sister & forcefully converting her to another religion.

The worst form of BETRAYAL is dating my sister's, but kills me for dating his sister.

The worst form of BETRAYAL is killing & burning down our houses & bussinesses because of a cartoon in Denmark.

Which other BETRAYAL is worse than Muric's bauchi chapter statement against the RCCG... would Muric issue this kind of statement in 2014 or 2015?

Don't allow wrong perception to define your future

Yorubas not our political enemies:if you accuse Yorubas as your political enemies what would you say of the north?

[/s] igbos has better say with hausa than yorubas atleast we understand them but yorubas are snitch the are never trust worthy the can stab you at the moment you less expect it example FFK but an hausa/fulani man can never change on an agreement never! undecided

1 Like

Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by VOICEofORIENTAL: 2:31pm On Mar 28, 2022
chiefolododo:
Personally, I love and cherish the eastern people of Nigeria.

The relationship can be stronger, though
Our enemies has feasted enough, is time we unite & assume our position...is it not foolishness of us that with our education, wealth, population, human & mineral recourses yet we're being toyed with?
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by ablejesus26(m): 2:34pm On Mar 28, 2022
mrvitalis:

The only issue are the impure Yoruba with Fulani blood

Real yorubas and Igbos are united

For the first time you tried to make sense even if you failed eventually.
No true Nwafor has time to be doing senseless tribal banters,an average Igboman just wants to do his business legally,make more socio-economical allies and guess what in reality Igbos and Yorubas dey hustle with normal competition.
Only brainwashed ipob thugs that have lost their Igboness to something strange have time to engage some cretins claiming Yoruba here.
Go computer village,go see watin dey sup nobody get time for nonsense.
Better go hustle this mumu Igbo vs Yoruba wey you dey always do like se na your destiny dey make you sound like pure fòol everytime

1 Share

Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by VOICEofORIENTAL: 2:38pm On Mar 28, 2022
BigBabyJesus:
More like two agbayas who ruin it for everyone else.

These two stupid tribes account for a large share of Nigeria's woes.
The two most educated, wealthiest & highly adventurous tribe in Nigeria,yet can't enjoy its wealth.
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by VOICEofORIENTAL: 2:42pm On Mar 28, 2022
PresidentAtiku:
you never can tell
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by VOICEofORIENTAL: 2:45pm On Mar 28, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Who dines with hatefully raised ethnic angry

We're totally different
We are not perfect but we still have good ones among us

(1) (2) (Reply)

EXPOSED!!! Sen. Olamilekan Solomon (AKA Yayi) Clandestine Efforts To De-market A / Dr. Nicholas Felix Buys His APC Presidential Nomination Forms(pic) / Democracy Day's Post By OBI And Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.