Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats (1097 Views)

Osun APC In Disarray, Leaders Going For Each Other's Throats With Counter Allega / The Two Foolish Governors Fighting Nnamdi Kanu Are Now At Each Other's Throats / Tinubu, Atiku At Each Other’s Throats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by VOICEofORIENTAL: 2:47pm On Mar 28, 2022
SHINJA:
Wahala for who trust igbos angry
My dear no wahala.. let's tolerate each other
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by VOICEofORIENTAL: 2:59pm On Mar 28, 2022
PresidentAtiku:
I just dey pity you.... save the 2023 heartbreak and tears,.... Tinubu CANT RULE NIGERIA
A wise bussiness man focuses on promoting his goods & not despising his neighbors goods.

We watch on television everyday how companies tries to market their goods without despising or mocking each other
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by VOICEofORIENTAL: 3:07pm On Mar 28, 2022
mrvitalis:

The only issue are the impure Yoruba with Fulani blood

Real yorubas and Igbos are united
Are there no impure igbos that have bad mouth & blood that can disgrace you in the public?
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by VOICEofORIENTAL: 4:12pm On Mar 28, 2022
Rugaria:
Igbo has never fought Yoruba.
Yorubas are the one fighting igbos since the 60, using the excuse of a failed coup organized by both Igbo and Yoruba officers!
Igbos never stopped Abiolas presidency, never stopped Obasanjo presidency, never stopped shonekans presidency. Igbos live in Lagos peacefully and contribute their own quotas there. Igbos in government never stopped anything deu to the yorubas. Igbos never insulted the yorubas as we have seen different Yoruba traditional and political leaders do.

I still don't understand how an Igbo mans aspiration to lead the country after more than half a century, can be whimsically construed as a fight between the igbos and the yorubas. The yorubas have ruled this country and their biggest opponents have never been igbos.. Igbos invest heavily in Yoruba land! Yorubas don't have any significant investments in Igbo land. Yoruba boys marry Igbo gals at will, but Yoruba gals are told by their folks that igbos are ritualists. That's while Ogun State remains the ritual capital of the world!
So who is fighting who?
This is not the time for blame game or claiming holy holy..is time for real relationship
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by VOICEofORIENTAL: 4:21pm On Mar 28, 2022
BSdetective:
Imagine Ghana and Nigeria were forced to be a country, that's the issue with nigeria.

The cold war between igbos and Yoruba's is born out of a forced marriage called nigeria. Igbos and Yoruba's may tolerate each other but it doesn't equate mutual respect. Both tribe share almost nothing in common except for their skin color and prior to the 1700s never inter mingled with each other. But for the sake of practicality and necessity it's important they unite politically on a regional front to push for restructuring with their counterparts in the SS/NC. In the long run I believe that a healthy competition between these tribes will spur africa to greatness.
Restructuring is the key my dear..if we don't unite Nigeria would not be Restructured
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by VOICEofORIENTAL: 4:38pm On Mar 28, 2022
Kestolove:
Yoruba's are already in rightful position in Nigeria nd by next year we are taking over aso rock....Igbo's should face their problem na stop looking for who dey will drag into their misfortune
Yes they are well placed in Nigeria.. but we still need VAT, STOPPING FG LED FULANI.. CHANGING OUR CONSTITUTION..or don't you think so
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by VOICEofORIENTAL: 4:43pm On Mar 28, 2022
Odin13:
Op be like your brain no correct

And you be like Yoruba man.. how on earth am igbo man calling for peace .. with his killers
Very ridiculous

Know it today.
Whatever you see on Nairaland is the real world
You young igbos don’t know your enemies that the truth.. the Biafra war washed you guys into beliwveing the Northern Nigeria is your enemy because of religious different

No worries one day you will come back and rewrite this
You will experience them Yoruba first hand.

Do you if know what is tribalism ?

Till you understand the meaning of tribalism then you will start understanding Yoruba people

Yoruba that will never allow you speak igbo in their presence.. yes try it when you’re with your Yoruba friends and look at their faces .. just pretend you dey answer call for igbo.

Una go wake up lass lass ..
I don't know exactly what you mean or what you are talking about

1 Like

Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by VOICEofORIENTAL: 4:56pm On Mar 28, 2022
ablejesus26:

If you are talking about equity and rotation sharing then you should do it well.
Tinubu should support a Se candidate and step down.
Are you afraid of Tinubu?..we should not be playing bad politics.
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by trutharena: 4:59pm On Mar 28, 2022
mrvitalis:

The only issue are the impure Yoruba with Fulani blood

Real yorubas and Igbos are united

Like the impure Yeebos raped by Fulanis during the Biafran war that gave rise to baby factory epidemic?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by VOICEofORIENTAL: 5:04pm On Mar 28, 2022
[quote author=heniford2 post=111442122] igbos has better say with hausa than yorubas atleast we understand them but yorubas are snitch the are never trust worthy the can stab you at the moment you less expect it example FFK but an hausa/fulani man can never change on an agreement never! undecided[/quote The dog that is fated to wander adrift would never listen to the whistle of recall.. good luck with your choice
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by oskopy: 5:46pm On Mar 28, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:
An Igbo adage said: instead of me to lose my cow I better cuts its tail to compensate me for losing my cow.

I don't really think that the Yorubas & Igbos knows how dominant & powerful they would be in Nigeria if only they can unite.

This two big brothers have everything in thier hands..from education to wealth, population, human & mineral recourses, but because thier hands & attention are focused on each others throats thier goodies keep falling into the waiting hands of thier enemies.

I'm an Igbo man,I have lived in the north for over 30yrs.. the best friend of an Igbo person in the long-time is the Yorubas.

My reasons: The Yorubas cannot occupy or invade my land.

The Yorubas would not abduct my Igbo sisters & forcefully convert them to Islam.

The Yoruba man will not kill me because I'm dating his sister.. where as he's dating my own sisters.

The Yoruba man will not kill me & my brothers & sisters because of a cartoon in Denmark.

The Yoruba man respects the Holy books & the Constitution of the land.

The Yorubas educates thier women & allows thier women to be in position of authority.

The Yorubas are the most religious tolerant tribe in Nigeria.

The south west hosts the largest investment of Ndigbo in Nigeria

The Yorubas don't destroy bussinesses in the name of religion..yet eats from the proceeds.

Yorubas don't practice monarchy system of government.

Finally, this reasons are vice versa except in few areas
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by oskopy: 5:52pm On Mar 28, 2022
The only problem is they are been used by fulanies to severe our ties and togetherness.

they can take any position so far it's ahead of their igbo brothers,
If not why do we allow fulanies to rule Nigeria despite their incapabilities?
The Yoruba and igbos are the solutions to Nigeria night mare.
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 6:01pm On Mar 28, 2022
trutharena:

Like the impure Ibos raped by Fulanis during the Biafran war that gave rise to baby factory epidemic?
mynd44 lalasticlala Seun

Rule 2
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by VOICEofORIENTAL: 6:44pm On Mar 28, 2022
oskopy:
The only problem is they are been used by fulanies to severe our ties and togetherness.

they can take any position so far it's ahead of their igbo brothers,
If not why do we allow fulanies to rule Nigeria despite their incapabilities?
The Yoruba and igbos are the solutions to Nigeria night mare.
Nigeria is at crossroad right now, this two big brothers must come together to be able to push for Restructuring
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by ProudImolite: 6:53pm On Mar 28, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
Igbos must vote Tinubu it's a must I'm telling them this they need to reason with me.

Vote Tinubu and gain what?
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by ProudImolite: 6:54pm On Mar 28, 2022
heniford2:
lies yorubas are betrays, skull hunters, political enemy to Ndi igbo, come 2023 with SS on our side with North we will become president.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by ProudImolite: 6:56pm On Mar 28, 2022
Rugaria:
Igbo has never fought Yoruba.
Yorubas are the one fighting igbos since the 60, using the excuse of a failed coup organized by both Igbo and Yoruba officers!
Igbos never stopped Abiolas presidency, never stopped Obasanjo presidency, never stopped shonekans presidency. Igbos live in Lagos peacefully and contribute their own quotas there. Igbos in government never stopped anything deu to the yorubas. Igbos never insulted the yorubas as we have seen different Yoruba traditional and political leaders do.

I still don't understand how an Igbo mans aspiration to lead the country after more than half a century, can be whimsically construed as a fight between the igbos and the yorubas. The yorubas have ruled this country and their biggest opponents have never been igbos.. Igbos invest heavily in Yoruba land! Yorubas don't have any significant investments in Igbo land. Yoruba boys marry Igbo gals at will, but Yoruba gals are told by their folks that igbos are ritualists. That's while Ogun State remains the ritual capital of the world!
So who is fighting who?
Fair point
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by ProudImolite: 6:57pm On Mar 28, 2022
Odin13:
Op be like your brain no correct

And you be like Yoruba man.. how on earth am igbo man calling for peace .. with his killers
Very ridiculous

Know it today.
Whatever you see on Nairaland is the real world
You young igbos don’t know your enemies that the truth.. the Biafra war washed you guys into beliwveing the Northern Nigeria is your enemy because of religious different

No worries one day you will come back and rewrite this
You will experience them Yoruba first hand.

Do you if know what is tribalism ?

Till you understand the meaning of tribalism then you will start understanding Yoruba people

Yoruba that will never allow you speak igbo in their presence.. yes try it when you’re with your Yoruba friends and look at their faces .. just pretend you dey answer call for igbo.

Una go wake up lass lass ..
This is very true, they are the most evil and tribalistic
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by 1859nii: 9:51pm On Mar 28, 2022
[s]
TheNiceGuy:
Who dines with hatefully raised ethnic angry

We're totally different
[/s]
Re: Igbo& Yoruba:two Big Brothers At Each Other's Throats by 1859nii: 9:51pm On Mar 28, 2022
[s]
Tinubuadvocate:
Stop contradicting yourself who make you a spokesperson over the good people of igbo? Our north .
[/s]

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu's American Lawyer, Bruce Fein, Petitions ICC, Wants Buhari / Osinbajo Visit: Ibadan Is Sweet Today. It Was Free For All / GEJ's Declaration Imminent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.