Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,351 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Why I Would Be Quiting My Teaching Job Tomorrow - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why I Would Be Quiting My Teaching Job Tomorrow (11476 Views)

Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? / I Want To Quit My Teaching Job: Advice Needed / What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Would Be Quiting My Teaching Job Tomorrow by Guderian(m): 7:02pm On Mar 29, 2022
Just pray this your decision wont hook your throat grin grin grin

You need to be very careful when making decisons.
What if u dont get another means of income soon wink
Re: Why I Would Be Quiting My Teaching Job Tomorrow by Stevenbright(m): 7:32pm On Mar 29, 2022
paranoidfellow:
It actually a not so funny story.

So I worked at a private school 8am - 2pm for a pay of 17k monthly. I was employed to work as an Agric and Economics teacher. Payment is always prompt and I'm never owed a salary. Few weeks after I resumed, a teacher left and her subjects was distributed to other teachers. Hence, I am taking 3 subjects now. The teacher that left was also a class teacher of JSS1.

Fast forward to today, after exams where the class teacher will be collating scores, I was told I will henceforth be the class teacher of Jss1 which I outrightly reject. The proprietor was called upon and to quote him, he said ' Authoritatively I'm making you the class of JSS1" and I replied that I reject it.

I got home angrily and hungrily, I put a cup of rice on fire and I called a colleague of mine on whatsapp and was discussing the issue with her. I got carried away and the pot of rice was extremely burnt.

In the bid to remove the pot from fire, not thinking straight, I took the 'new school sport wear' (a cloth we were forced to buy for 6k and the money will be deducted from our salary) that I left hanging in the dining room, outside minded I use the cloth to carry the hot burnt pot of rice.

The result has being attached.

I'm walking to the man tomorrow to terminate my appointment immediately and pay me my remaining salary!

I don't joke with my mental health

If your area is a place where home lessons can be in demand, create small banners and place them at strategic locations to advertise your home lesson business and with time, you will be glad about it.
Re: Why I Would Be Quiting My Teaching Job Tomorrow by Herbephe1(m): 8:12pm On Mar 29, 2022
Aystarz:

10k and you sit down there like one whose future is doomed!
My brother, have you any respect for your own self? Jeez!!
My future is bright bro,if you get a better offer, let's know ni
Re: Why I Would Be Quiting My Teaching Job Tomorrow by Glowqueen3(f): 8:18pm On Mar 29, 2022
Oyindamolah:

A reputable Day and Boarding School with headquarters in Akobo area of Ibadan, Oyo State, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:

Job Title:
House Mistress
House Master
Subject teachers

Requirement
Candidates should possess relevant qualifications.
Benefit
There's FREE accommodation

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: mbahengwariconstane@gmail.com Or abrahamprecious@yahoo.com
Please where is the school located in Akobo lbadan.
Re: Why I Would Be Quiting My Teaching Job Tomorrow by Kaybae(f): 8:40pm On Mar 29, 2022
Dshocker:

17k in this Buhari era?
. Honestly is nothing but the trust, I am also a private school teacher and payment is 20k, I am taking 2subjects and from Jss1_3 respectively. Honestly sometimes you just feel like the world is against you but It is well sir, God will do wonders in our lives.
Re: Why I Would Be Quiting My Teaching Job Tomorrow by Aaay: 8:42pm On Mar 29, 2022
Oh
Re: Why I Would Be Quiting My Teaching Job Tomorrow by depato88(m): 8:48pm On Mar 29, 2022
Nwaotu10:
If you've a laptop and stay within Anambra or imo, DM me.
I will teach you a skill that could be paying you 100k or more than monthly.
Teaching is modern slavery.
I'm a professional teacher, but I quitted the profession 3years ago.

Good evening. Am also interested. I stay in Enugu
Re: Why I Would Be Quiting My Teaching Job Tomorrow by goshee: 8:50pm On Mar 29, 2022
Nwaotu10:
I don't know how to send DM here. Can I have your contact? I am in onitsha.
Re: Why I Would Be Quiting My Teaching Job Tomorrow by MadamOk(f): 9:06pm On Mar 29, 2022
grin grin grin grin oh my goodness I nor fit laf oooo
Re: Why I Would Be Quiting My Teaching Job Tomorrow by sexymonkey(m): 9:57pm On Mar 29, 2022
Gunayo:
Which subjects are you good at so that l can help with a better offer. Don't forget to state the state of residence.
please I'm interested, I can take physics/mathematics and
I have a Bsc in physics with 3years experience. Location is Lagos but I'm open to migrate anywhere.
Re: Why I Would Be Quiting My Teaching Job Tomorrow by bummyla(m): 11:58pm On Mar 29, 2022
A lady in my church got a holy anger like you one day and resigned and started her own school, which has grown to a secondary school now, sadly she died this month, at the peak of her career.

Start your own school
Re: Why I Would Be Quiting My Teaching Job Tomorrow by eniorisha(m): 12:24am On Mar 30, 2022
Kaybae:
. Honestly is nothing but the trust, I am also a private school teacher and payment is 20k, I am taking 2subjects and from Jss1_3 respectively. Honestly sometimes you just feel like the world is against you but It is well sir, God will do wonders in our lives.
pls my dm isn't working for now. Kindly whatsap pmsg me on 0-8-1-8-2-8-9-6-9-3-8. I gat few things to ask u, pls
Re: Why I Would Be Quiting My Teaching Job Tomorrow by VTJN(m): 6:50am On Mar 30, 2022
Gunayo:
How l wish l can be of help to you but l am looking for a music and lct teacher. Salary is attractive and accommodation is attached.
Thanks for your response sir. Don't know if i could recommend someone for the role you look out for sir?
Re: Why I Would Be Quiting My Teaching Job Tomorrow by Gunayo(m): 7:13am On Mar 30, 2022
VTJN:
Thanks for your response sir. Don't know if i could recommend someone for the role you look out for sir?
Please do
Re: Why I Would Be Quiting My Teaching Job Tomorrow by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 30, 2022
Baba please learn driving. If you can drive go do uber. Way better than this job
Save up then do whatever you want
Re: Why I Would Be Quiting My Teaching Job Tomorrow by hisable2: 4:55pm On Mar 30, 2022
Nwaotu10:

am at Anambra how do I get your contact

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When You Work With Someone That Pilfers / The Role Of Nurses In The Nigerian Healthcare System / When Is The Right Time To Take A Career Break?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.