Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry (1761 Views)

Can You Breastfeed A Baby That's Not Yours? / Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Newborn Baby That Looks Like A Masquerade / Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 28, 2022
lilvicky68:

Dumb not deaf.

Even if deaf and dumb is still a human being.
A Child who can not hear will never talk, the reason is that language is acquired and not inherit from parents. i also stand on my words that is not advisable to keep a deaf child.

Let just keep quiet before they start saying that am advising someone to kill a human being.

1 Like

Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by Mindlog: 9:24pm On Mar 28, 2022
The baby should be checked by a Paediatrician.
Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by lilvicky68(m): 9:28pm On Mar 28, 2022
udoji2021:

Deafness is a sickness which is often underestimated, both the parents will suffer all for their lives if they insist to keep a deaf child.

it's just like keeping an ss child
The God of chosen is still in the business of healing the deaf and dumb
Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 28, 2022
Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by Kobojunkie: 9:36pm On Mar 28, 2022
udoji2021:

Oga, you are talking to a hearing impaired person and i know what am saying. forget about what you read in books pls, i still stand on my words that it's not advisable to keep a deaf child
OK.... can I ask why you believe your life as a hearing impaired individual is not worth it. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
OK.... can I ask why you believe your life as a hearing impaired individual is not worth it. undecided
I did not say or believe so, let me tell you something
Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by Kobojunkie: 9:44pm On Mar 28, 2022
udoji2021:

I did not say or believe so, let me tell you something
Ok, so tell us of some concrete reasons behind this conviction of yours. undecided
Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 28, 2022
Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by Kobojunkie: 10:08pm On Mar 28, 2022
udoji2021:
Hearing impairment is different from deafness, even the deafness is categorize into CONGENITAL and ADVENTITITOUS deafness. the first is the worst while the later is manageable. why?
adventitous deafness use to happen later in life when one already acquired language skills, this enable such individual to manage his day to day activities.
but when you are deaf at birth, there is no way you will acquire language. and this is always associated with mental retardation hence you will never be like normal human beings, you can'.t even distinguised good and bad, you will eventualy become like an slowpoke.

and forget about technology, anything that has to do with the brain directlyis difficult to treat and i can confidently tell you that congenital deafess is associated with brain malfunction or damage
I was referring earlier to congenital hearing loss in my comment even when I mentioned technology now being able to help the deaf hear. undecided

https://www.verywellhealth.com/congential-hearing-loss-5210221#:~:text=While%20there%20is%20no%20cure,do%20not%20have%20hearing%20loss.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17673-hearing-loss

https://www.hear-it.org/congenital-hearing-loss
Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I was referring earlier to congenital hearing loss in my comment even when I mentioned technology now being able to help the deaf hear. undecided

https://www.verywellhealth.com/congential-hearing-loss-5210221#:~:text=While%20there%20is%20no%20cure,do%20not%20have%20hearing%20loss.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17673-hearing-loss

https://www.hear-it.org/congenital-hearing-loss

Thanks for the links, i will check it out later,

do you know that no two hearing impaired individuals are thesame? i'm not trying to argue with you though, but i can confidently tell you how this world(deaf world) looks like cos am a full member
Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by Kobojunkie: 10:26pm On Mar 28, 2022
udoji2021:

do you know that no two hearing impaired individuals are thesame? i'm not trying to argue with you though, but i can confidently tell you how this world(deaf world) looks like cos am a full member
I sort of understand where you are coming from. When I was younger myself, I also thought it was best not to be born at all than to be born with mental illness. The struggle for hell for me growing and got exponentially worse for me in my early adult years. But now I don't believe that anymore. If my parents had had information and provided me with treatment back then, it wouldn't have been as hellish as I remember. I no longer think mental illness a curse, but a blessing in disguise when properly managed. undecided

I have met some deaf folks here who have what I would consider a decent life since you wouldn't even know they are deaf unless they let you know. Some read lips and others sign or use apps to communicate. I even have a friend who was once married to a deaf wife and so had to learn sign language to communicate with her well. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 28, 2022
Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by Fireboy02: 7:41am On Mar 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
That isn't true unless the parents are uneducated and unwilling to do the best for their child. undecided

Also, technology has gotten to the point that some deaf people are now able to hear. A deaf child can go on to have and enjoy a fulfilling life provided the parents are able to step outside of themselves to do the best for the child. undecided
Enough of the argument, the child is now crying
Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I sort of understand where you are coming from. When I was younger myself, I also thought it was best not to be born at all than to be born with mental illness. The struggle for hell for me growing and got exponentially worse for me in my early adult years. But now I don't believe that anymore. If my parents had had information and provided me with treatment back then, it wouldn't have been as hellish as I remember. I no longer think mental illness a curse, but a blessing in disguise when properly managed. undecided

I have met some deaf folks here who have what I would consider a decent life since you wouldn't even know they are deaf unless they let you know. Some read lips and others sign or use apps to communicate. I even have a friend who was once married to a deaf wife and so had to learn sign language to communicate with her well. undecided
What happened to them? Life isnt balanced all the time, with advances in stem cell medicine and biotechnology hopefully there would be cure to most of these things.
Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 29, 2022
udoji2021:

...I really wont blame you much, but still...there might be hope for cure to mental retardation in the future so everyone deserves some time.
Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by Kobojunkie: 1:26pm On Mar 29, 2022
12rev:

What happened to them? Life isnt balanced all the time, with advances in stem cell medicine and biotechnology hopefully there would be cure to most of these things.
They had a child together but for some reason lady eventually abandoned him and married someone else. He still holds a torch for her even after more than 20 years. undecided

Yes, technology has made it so even people who were born deaf can now hear, and many kids born that way are getting the surgery early in their childhood so they can live a more normal life and adulthood. And for those who can't or didn't get the surgery for one reason or another, there are technologies in place meant to help them adjust to life in society. undecided
Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by NoToPile: 1:52pm On Mar 29, 2022
Fireboy02:

I heard d baby developed convulsion but its under control now and receiving treatment(drip)

Hmmm, I hope it's not a serious condition, babies should cry at birth oo.

The baby needs to be checked pls.
Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by Fireboy02: 9:08pm On Mar 29, 2022
NoToPile:

Hmmm, I hope it's not a serious condition, babies should cry at birth oo.

The baby needs to be checked pls.
Everything is fine now
Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by thorpido(m): 10:50pm On Mar 29, 2022
Fireboy02:

Everything is fine now
The child should be monitored.Those first few minutes of life mean a lot.

1 Like

Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by Fireboy02: 11:15am On Mar 30, 2022
thorpido:
The child should be monitored.Those first few minutes of life mean a lot.
Sorry we lost him dis morning � cry
Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by Saintmary(f): 11:20am On Mar 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
A punch or a hard blow! undecided

Àbàrá is a spank, delivered through the palm.
Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by Saintmary(f): 11:26am On Mar 30, 2022
Fireboy02:

I'm so sorry to hear this.

May God comfort you and family.
Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by thorpido(m): 11:39am On Mar 30, 2022
Fireboy02:

I'm so sorry to hear this.May God comfort the parents and every one of you.
His not crying means he had birth asphyxia and must have had some brain injury.
Somehow,it was better he passed.

2 Likes

Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by Fireboy02: 11:56am On Mar 30, 2022
thorpido:
I'm so sorry to hear this.May God comfort the parents and every one of you.
His not crying means he had birth asphyxia and must have had some brain injury.
Somehow,it was better he passed.
Ok
Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by Fireboy02: 11:56am On Mar 30, 2022
Saintmary:

I'm so sorry to hear this.

May God comfort you and family.
Thanks for ur care
Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by Fireboy02: 11:57am On Mar 30, 2022
We learn everyday
Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by lilvicky68(m): 12:01pm On Mar 30, 2022
Fireboy02:

Sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by DBestDoc(f): 2:40pm On Mar 30, 2022
Uhmm, I’m yet to understand the rationale behind keeping and nurturing a pregnancy for 9 months and thereafter, endangering the lives of both Baby and Mother at a Traditional Birth Center. Lots of the TBAs will package you to the Hospital or your home after causing serious damages. I’ve seen so many of such scenarios play out, some are extremely heart breaking. In extreme cases, the women lose their lives from serious bleeding.

My guess is the pregnancy was not properly monitored, labour became prolonged and they finally managed to birth a seriously stressed and asphyxiated baby. Child ended up with Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy secondary to Birth Asphyxia. Local Midwife carry Asphyxiated baby give una to take home.

Any Trained Birth Attendant knows that not crying at birth and hours after birth means brain injury should be ruled out fast ‘cause child may needs resuscitation and care asap.

Next time, they should try and give birth at a proper hospital and hope things turn out well. No cutting of corners when lives are involved.

Sorry for your Loss.

2 Likes

Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by Nobody: 5:51am On Apr 01, 2022
Tell the baby say Buhari na Nigerian president, you go see better cry.
Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:18am On Apr 01, 2022
Fireboy02:
My brothers wife gave birth yesterday but since then d baby have not cried.
Is it normal or we should go check if there's something spiritual �
Did she give birth at home , in a Traditional birth attendant or in the hospital?

Is the baby active?
Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:20am On Apr 01, 2022
Fireboy02:

I heard d baby developed convulsion but its under control now and receiving treatment(drip)
Birth asphyxia!!
Re: What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:23am On Apr 01, 2022
DBestDoc:
Uhmm, I’m yet to understand the rationale behind keeping and nurturing a pregnancy for 9 months and thereafter, endangering the lives of both Baby and Mother at a Traditional Birth Center. Lots of the TBAs will package you to the Hospital or your home after causing serious damages. I’ve seen so many of such scenarios play out, some are extremely heart breaking. In extreme cases, the women lose their lives from serious bleeding.

My guess is the pregnancy was not properly monitored, labour became prolonged and they finally managed to birth a seriously stressed and asphyxiated baby. Child ended up with Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy secondary to Birth Asphyxia. Local Midwife carry Asphyxiated baby give una to take home.

Any Trained Birth Attendant knows that not crying at birth and hours after birth means brain injury should be ruled out fast ‘cause child may needs resuscitation and care asap.

Next time, they should try and give birth at a proper hospital and hope things turn out well. No cutting of corners when lives are involved.

Sorry for your Loss.
Yes, the parents have a role to play in this. Many children have died because of ignorant parents and relatives

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hidden Agony Of A Father In The Family / God Made A Mistake While Creating Me / If A Phd Holder Falls In Love With Stark Illiterate, Will It Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.